AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shin Sekai Yori

Notices

View Poll Results: Shin Sekai Yori - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 11 22.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 30.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 32.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 12.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 4.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-11-16, 09:01   Link #81
klare

the rats war finally over, the quaility has dropped during this arc

how did the other 3 survived without cantus? or how did they meet each other?

luckily the story is still interesting and things in the village may be even more dangerous for them

that Satoru and Shun in the preview...
Old 2012-11-16, 13:11   Link #82
Dr. Casey

I'm excited about the timeskip, but they look so mature and adultlike at 14 that I'm not sure there's all that much room to make them look even more mature at age 26.
Old 2012-11-16, 17:33   Link #83
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
I'm excited about the timeskip, but they look so mature and adultlike at 14 that I'm not sure there's all that much room to make them look even more mature at age 26.
By anime logic life ends at 30
Old 2012-11-18, 00:06   Link #84
Unknown Soldier
:D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
By anime logic life ends at 30
In anime, everybody either looks like they are 14 or 80.
Old 2012-11-19, 21:36   Link #85
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

I think if they added more about the consequences of the war and its effects in the aftermath it would surely have made a more dramatic and traumatic lesson for Saki to witness. I believe the top priority was for Satoru and Saki to keep in utmost secrecy from the adults their misadventures with the fake minoshiro, what they uncovered from it, their involvement in between the warring Bakenezumi clans, and working out to pretend that everything down the river wasn't out of the ordinary, even if the five children turned out at their village a few days later than permitted.

It was an enjoyable conclusion for a first arc, particularly the children working out their oath of secrecy once recovering their Canti.
I was partially right about the sealing ritual, though it actually involves a stronger variation of hypnosis spelled on them that can be undone by recalling one's own mantra or a fellow's; luckily for Satoru to have his mantra recalled by Saki; Shun's as well; Saki and the other two children are fine, since they wrote their respective mantras back at home.

But, by the end of the conclusion, I get this "I know what you did last summer" vibe from the tone of the narrator that the outcome at the long term won't turn out as peaceful, as it seemed to be at first to the children.
Old 2012-11-23, 11:58   Link #86
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
The 26-year-old Saki appears at the end of the ED (see my avatar). In fact I think the whole ED more or less reflects her adult reminiscences. The ED Saki definitely looks older than either the 12- or 14-year-old versions.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2012-11-23 at 15:38.
Old 2012-11-24, 07:03   Link #87
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
The 26-year-old Saki appears at the end of the ED (see my avatar). In fact I think the whole ED more or less reflects her adult reminiscences.
Actually, the ED is pretty clever - it has symbolism and hints that make sense in hindsight.
Closed Thread