AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-07-06, 16:31   Link #11901
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

The 'Dragon King'; the 'chief' or 'Head' Dragon, is called the [Pendragon], or Pen Draig.

History-wise, it's also the name of several traditional Kings of the Britons, but I doubt that's related. In fact, I don't think it's anymore than flavor text.
Old 2011-07-06, 16:54   Link #11902
Breidaluk

Britons?
Well, Aleister told fiamma that the invisible thing could be something that he already knew so it is problably something from the aeon of osiris,...problably(¬¬).
Old 2011-07-06, 17:31   Link #11903
Karna
just some guy

I doubt Aleister would have any interest in it if it were from The Age of Osiris.
Old 2011-07-06, 17:58   Link #11904
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Like I've said people; I don't think the 'King' part is anymore than just flavor text- To make the whole thing more impressive.
Old 2011-07-06, 18:12   Link #11905
Breidaluk

unless is something that has the potential to change to the aeon of horus. The thing inside Touma is described as something invisible so is something that can't be seen neither felt by others. Fiamma problably felt danger because he was at a level where equal to the son of god, while izzard just was scared of the form that it took, and we can't forget that in WW3, when fiamma was fusing IB to his own Holy Right IB was still with him so that can prove that IB and the invisible power are two different things. Well, its my opinion.
Old 2011-07-06, 19:50   Link #11906
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Like I've said people; I don't think the 'King' part is anymore than just flavor text- To make the whole thing more impressive.
I recently "re-thought" this based on asian mythology (I was reading some traveling a few days ago about temples and stuff), basically saying this like "the palace of the Dragon King" or "the palace of the Dragon God" were valid since they were close enough symbology wise (at least on the things that I was reading); if we go by the mystical jargon of the series we have that Dragon's are for about as broken as Angels, and that by "God" or "King" we have that it's just cheaper than regular dragons. This is, trusting the "clues" that have been thrown around and not taking them as Irony for part of the author. I don't think that essentially a dragon has to be in there, but it's more like a clue about what is on there hierarchy wise is as cheapo as a dragon.

BTW, I suppose that people noticed that Volume 8 is one of the shortest novels content wise, right? Kamachi kinda tried to make that up by adding several extra pages (more than 20) with designs about the first 8 novels, for what I have noticed many of them haven't been uploaded to most sites that have info about Index (I think that even rainbow spectrum doesn't has some of those designs), one of the ones that caught my attention was :

The head is super big for some reason that made me lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breidaluk View Post
Britons?
Well, Aleister told fiamma that the invisible thing could be something that he already knew so it is problably something from the aeon of osiris,...problably(¬¬).
Tube dude said that Fiamma should understand what it was if he stopped looking at it from Christianity point of view, so it's unlikely that it's from the current christian age (Osiris, right?).

------------------------------

For the record, Liberal Arts City SS chapter 2 is at 70% now.
Old 2011-07-06, 20:28   Link #11907
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

http://r-s.sakura.ne.jp/w/i01.htm
New designs on this page
Old 2011-07-06, 20:39   Link #11908
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
I kinda have been waiting long to mention this, but the novel refers to the Dragon head as "Dragon King" ( 竜王 , Ryuu-Oh). Do you people remember how Tatsugami (Otohime's last name) was written as Dragon god? ( 竜神 , Ryuu-Jin ), that fact really struck me as odd. BTW, I remember the PSP game referring the dragon as something else (I think it was Dragon Strike).

In other words, thanks to the Ping we now can have some Aureolus for breakfast. Thus only the epilogue is left till the main novels are completed, and it's nothing but fitting for Ping himself to bring this circle to a (temporary) close.

I love the front selection for Touma's psycho mode.
On a note:
Dragon King is used as well on Dragon Breath which is also read as Killing Breath of the Dragon King.
Old 2011-07-06, 21:00   Link #11909
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
http://r-s.sakura.ne.jp/w/i01.htm
New designs on this page
New designs ?

Quote:
I recently "re-thought" this based on asian mythology (I was reading some traveling a few days ago about temples and stuff), basically saying this like "the palace of the Dragon King" or "the palace of the Dragon God" were valid since they were close enough symbology wise (at least on the things that I was reading); if we go by the mystical jargon of the series we have that Dragon's are for about as broken as Angels, and that by "God" or "King" we have that it's just cheaper than regular dragons. This is, trusting the "clues" that have been thrown around and not taking them as Irony for part of the author. I don't think that essentially a dragon has to be in there, but it's more like a clue about what is on there hierarchy wise is as cheapo as a dragon.
Maahh~ I just don't want to overthink it base on only one word; Whether it's the Dragon King, Dragon God, Dragon Chief, or Head Dragon- it's simply used to symbolize a great power.

Quote:
BTW, I suppose that people noticed that Volume 8 is one of the shortest novels content wise, right? Kamachi kinda tried to make that up by adding several extra pages (more than 20) with designs about the first 8 novels, for what I have noticed many of them haven't been uploaded to most sites that have info about Index (I think that even rainbow spectrum doesn't has some of those designs), one of the ones that caught my attention was :

The head is super big for some reason that made me lol
Well the text said that it was about 2m long; that's more or less a grown adult male size, and far larger than Touma who is only... what, 165cm?

Interestingly, I've noticed this before but I wanted to wait for the translation, the [Pendragon] (Yes, that's what I'm calling it now since Pendragon literally means 'Head Dragon') is made visible through the shape of Touma's blood which is similar to--

Quote:
Thinking up to that point, Fiamma let go of the left arm that was stopping the blood from coming out of the wound. At the same time, Don!! The blood splattering out along with the explosive sound drew the shape of a giant invisible hand
Old 2011-07-06, 21:03   Link #11910
faiz blaster

Quote:
I kinda have been waiting long to mention this, but the novel refers to the Dragon head as "Dragon King" ( 竜王 , Ryuu-Oh). Do you people remember how Tatsugami (Otohime's last name) was written as Dragon god? ( 竜神 , Ryuu-Jin ), that fact really struck me as odd. BTW, I remember the PSP game referring the dragon as something else (I think it was Dragon Strike).

In other words, thanks to the Ping we now can have some Aureolus for breakfast. Thus only the epilogue is left till the main novels are completed, and it's nothing but fitting for Ping himself to bring this circle to a (temporary) close.

It was mentioned in Vol 18 that the term "dragon" is a symbol for many thing in the toaruverse. One of them is a fallen angel. So a "dragon king" would be something like the king of fallen angels (more evidence supporting the "Lucifer"-theory, anyone?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
The 'Dragon King'; the 'chief' or 'Head' Dragon, is called the [Pendragon], or Pen Draig.

History-wise, it's also the name of several traditional Kings of the Britons, but I doubt that's related. In fact, I don't think it's anymore than flavor text.
What? Now, we're getting Arthurian references in this story? Seriously, I'm gonna rage if I see short blondie wearing an armor over blue clothes and swinging a holy sword running around!
Old 2011-07-06, 21:06   Link #11911
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by faiz blaster View Post
What? Now, we're getting Arthurian references in this story? Seriously, I'm gonna rage if I see short blondie wearing an armor over blue clothes and swinging a holy sword running around!
It's Chaos' reference, not the LNs. Besides, the author went the Curtana route rather than Excalibur. Calm down.
Old 2011-07-06, 21:09   Link #11912
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by faiz blaster View Post
It was mentioned in Vol 18 that the term "dragon" is a symbol for many thing in the toaruverse. One of them is a fallen angel. So a "dragon king" would be something like the king of fallen angels (more evidence supporting the "Lucifer"-theory, anyone?).
It's more like the opposite, since the start it's unlikely from how it's phrased. In toaruverse apparently Michael dealt with Lucifer quite easily with just his right hand, Fiamma having exactly that type of power could have theoretically dealt with that right away. Or more importantly, he would have recognized it right away. Aleister went out of his way to tell us that whatever the Imagine Breaker is, we are not going to be able to tell if we source the bible, so devils and demons and god and angels and whatever are very unlikely.
Old 2011-07-06, 21:11   Link #11913
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
It's Chaos' reference, not the LNs. Besides, the author went the Curtana route rather than Excalibur. Calm down.

...I did say that I don't think it's any more than flavor text.
Old 2011-07-06, 21:34   Link #11914
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

I think the problem someone within the Age of Osiris has understanding something from the Age of Horus is similar to trying to understand higher dimensions from a lower one. You can create a representation using the lower dimension to understand it somewhat, but the only way to fully comprehend that something is if you exist within the same or even higher dimension.
Old 2011-07-06, 23:51   Link #11915
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Does anyone know someone who can kindly re-scan the images for V.18 and 19?
Old 2011-07-07, 00:49   Link #11916
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Spoiler for 40%:

Quote:
Let's just say that I had lots of fun with that.
Old 2011-07-07, 05:43   Link #11917
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Che, magic has been around for only 2000 years. This is too obvious...
Old 2011-07-07, 07:00   Link #11918
faiz blaster

More importantly, I wonder about the implications of Touma not being totally self-aware during the time when the Dragon Head appeared....
Old 2011-07-07, 09:21   Link #11919
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Epilogue done. Now just the afterword. Coming out in 15 minutes.
Old 2011-07-07, 10:02   Link #11920
ellifeedn
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Che, magic has been around for only 2000 years. This is too obvious...
Magic has been around for longer than that. 2000 years describes the age of the Christian church and its practices.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen