AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > True Tears

Notices

View Poll Results: True Tears - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 52 46.43%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 41 36.61%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 13.39%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 3.57%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-04, 01:45   Link #81
DanielSong39

Shin isn't much better and may be headed down that road as well. But he's not interested in Aiko and has decided (albeit grudgingly) to give up on Hiromi and set her up with #4. And the level of his dishonesty hasn't quite reached Aiko or Hiromi's level, though he admittedly isn't much better.

While this show is a good one, my distaste for the characters is getting in the way. While it may be more realistic, realism doesn't always equal entertainment or enjoyment.
Old 2008-02-04, 01:47   Link #82
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
I also think he's tried to show her how much he cares, I mean just look at what he says over and over. And I think she knows it, which is why she can't do anything about her own emotions/feelings. She basically stuck in between a rock and a hard place. No matter what route she chooses there someone who's left heartbroken.
That is the problem, it seems like he is "STILL" trying to sell himself to her instead of trying to "romance" her. HE is already going out with her, he doesn't need to prove himself. Unless if they are going out on provation, something like she told him that she doesn't like him that way, but she is going to give a try. That is the only way I can understand Nobuse always trying to sell his "good points".

You know, Nobuse and Aiko reminds me of Kai and Mao from Kimikiss!
Old 2008-02-04, 01:50   Link #83
DanielSong39

Ah, already looking forward to both guys getting the boot...

It may be a bit harsh but I think they deserve better. They should cut their losses short and go for someone who will appreciate their efforts...
Old 2008-02-04, 01:54   Link #84
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
Ah, already looking forward to both guys getting the boot...

It may be a bit harsh but I think they deserve better. They should cut their losses short and go for someone who will appreciate their efforts...
Both guys getting the boot? You talking about Shin and Nobuse or Nobuse and Jun or Jun and Shin? there are three guys and three girls.
Old 2008-02-04, 02:21   Link #85
DanielSong39

Miyokichi and Kai.
Old 2008-02-04, 02:32   Link #86
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

after watching this episode i can finally conclude that the one hiromi likes is shin and not number 4. the beach and H-room(sounds bad isnt it?) can attest to that.

although guardian enzo really hit the bulls eye on shin's good boy antics.
Old 2008-02-04, 02:57   Link #87
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
So I finally got to see this episode. What a great series. I'm glad there's actually a good series this season. 10/10
Old 2008-02-04, 03:07   Link #88
golthin

Quote:
Miyokichi and Kai.
well, I guess you have not watched the latest episode of the other show.
Old 2008-02-04, 03:16   Link #89
cloudninja

Quote:
Bleh, sign me up for the "anyone but Hiromi" fanclub.

So exasperating and dishonest - half the time it seems like Shin is either tensed up or feels miserable when he's around her. Surely, not the right recipe for a healthy relationship... Noe is much more clued in, though she may have (correctly) assessed that Shin is simply not good enough for her.

Hoping for both Aiko and Hiromi to meet similar ends - Nice Boat may be a bit harsh but cold reality seems fair. Sometimes you just have to be honest with the guy and tell him what you really mean.
Character flaws are necessary for any drama to happen. Perfection = boring, at least in terms of show dynamics. Good drama will satisfy most viewers but there will always still be a few who don't like it for one reason or another. To create drama and tension, obstacles are placed which are meant to be overcome.

Hiromi's only flaw seems to be her inability to openly admit her feelings to Shinichiro but he can be accused of the same. Part of it has to do with having to live in Shin's household. She is dependent upon and accountable to Shin's parents. There might be something more on her side but probably nothing that can't be overcome. For both of them there is also the fear of rejection since they are unaware of the others' true feelings. However, I think both of them will get to the point where they don't care about the consequences of following their hearts.

Besides this is there anything wrong with Hiromi? She is otherwise close to the ideal. Pretty, smart, athletic, popular, fun to be around when she's not holding herself back. She is not a habitual liar in general but is guilty of hiding her feelings for Shinichiro with the lie of liking #4 for which she regrets and will continue to pay for a while longer. Also, that lie was the result of seeing Shinichiro carrying Noe on his back to the basketball game so he bears some blame for that. The real problem is getting one of them to admit their feelings but once that happens is there any stopping them? The angst and misery they face is the result of misunderstandings that are temporary obstacles in their path but once past that I see no major flaws that would make them miserable in a relationship. It's not like she's dishonest by nature.
Old 2008-02-04, 04:01   Link #90
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by faust123 View Post
Don't know why you guys keep nagging on shin for being stupid. The girl he has liked FOREVER just a few days before confessed to her friend that she liked this other guy. Shin has probably been thinking about how/when to confess to hiromi for god knows how long. I think anyone who was in the same position would think this isn't the optimal time. Why would he want to put it all on the line now when it is completely reasonable to think that he will be rejected.

But I digress...........GO Ai!

Ding ding ding you are correct about this. Seriously why would people think that he should confess or think he has a chance with Hiromi when he heard from Hiromi herself that hes not the one she likes but the other kid (Jun), any chances of him thinking he had with her were wiped out. Yeah she was lying but how the hell would he know, it's Hiromi's own fault for doing that giving him the impression that she doesn't like him in that way and that she likes some other boy.

Oh and those "little hints" could be taken as Hiromi just being nice as a close friend to him why would he think otherwise that she may actually like him when she has already told him it's the other kid she likes.

Guess people have forgotten about what happen at the end of ep 3 and the beggining of ep 4 huh. Seriously people give Shin a damn break.
Old 2008-02-04, 04:18   Link #91
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Oh and those "little hints" could be taken as Hiromi just being nice as a close friend to him why would he think otherwise that she may actually like him when she has already told him it's the other kid she likes.

Guess people have forgotten about what happen at the end of ep 3 and the beggining of ep 4 huh. Seriously people give Shin a damn break.
He obviously still likes (or at least cares for) Hiromi, since his reaction to Jun's acceptance of the "Dating trade" was disgust, but I'm guess he just can't accept that Hiromi may like him, since he's a chicken (haha. Pun point!)

Oh, and yes, I haven't watched episodes three and four for two weeks and one week, respectively, as I am much too lazy to torrent it (and now I can't). After Youtube's thorough pwning of both True Tears (but surprisingly not Shigofumi) off of their site, I luckily had a source from which I could watch these parts (on Youtube.)
And I guess he would be pretty nervous and such, since she was so straightforward when admitting her "feelings" for Jun, but a lot of guys aren't like that, and would usually continue "pushing".
Old 2008-02-04, 04:30   Link #92
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
it s funny to see that everyone use the same method as aiko describe to get close to the one they like.
noe comes to hiromi in order to get closer to shin
tomoyo confuse hiromi/noe having lunch together with hiromi making a move toward jun and gives her her support.
since hiromi tried to use the same method when she asked shin to introduce her to noe as a mean to get close not to jun but to shin she tries to avoid noe by doing lunch training in order not to let none get anycloser to shin than she already is.

for the people that are "anyone but hiromi" you have to concider that she is bound to seal her feeling because she is now the daughter of shin's familly beside with her step-mother pulling a cinderella on her she cant do anything without suffering severe fallout, just look at what happened when she went on a walk with shin to deliver the sake or when they came back from school. she is being forced to lie for the sake of this familly stability.

Aiko is really touching i m curious about what is going to happen next eps, either she confess and shin is like WTF? or she hides the sweater and stirs the pot a bit longuer until she is either confronted by nobuse or she just breaks down in front of shin.
i m guessing the next episode title : " what kind of joke is that " is more shin's general feeling about all the events that will take place in a near futur not just to aiko's hypothetical confession, i m guessing that hell will break loose in the next episode and real drama will devastate a few characters. shin being the nice guy he is will not realise he is the key factor to all of this until the very last moment and will only think that all this is just a tasteless joke from fate / god etc (pick wichever you like)

sidenote what are the cookies aiko is doing? when i went to japan i never got the oportunity to try those (yet god knows i tried every little bit food i could test)
Old 2008-02-04, 06:23   Link #93
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by D a m i e n View Post
sidenote what are the cookies aiko is doing? when i went to japan i never got the oportunity to try those (yet god knows i tried every little bit food i could test)
Those are Imagawayaki. from wikipedia " they are made of batter in a special pan (similar to a waffle iron but without the honeycomb pattern), and filled with sweet azuki bean paste, although it is becoming increasingly popular to use a wider variety of fillings such as potato and mayonnaise."

here is the article

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imagawayaki
Old 2008-02-04, 06:37   Link #94
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

sniffle I muppet voted 9 instead of 10, let it be known that the poll should have one more 10 and i am a spaz.

Really liking this series more then the others (apart from spicey wolf and clannad).

Noe noe noe noe!!!! Trust the Noe! Before Good Boy met Noe, he was stuck in a rut trying to draw some emo picture, but after meeting with the Noe he is able to draw again. Sure it is some crazy chicken story, but hey if it is a children's picture book it can fly right?

I'm a bit torn by Good Boy's character, even though he is quite rightly described as a Good Boy, me thinks he would jump into Hiromi's arms even if she is his half sister or any other touchy issue given half the chance.

Not that I don't like her, but it is hard to tell what her real character is like, I mean she is the modern day Cinderella, but thank goodness the dad and Good Boy aren't the fugly sisters.

I also like and understand Aiko's character (or well what I think of it), as the hole she might have dug herself into is such a easy one to fall into.

But Noe is a shiny star and makes my heart flutter. I wuv you Noe!!! You can have my tears any day! She actually reminds me of Ayane from Gate Keepers 21 (or maybe her aunt is a better choice) and I keep expecting her to lob a phone at someone....
Old 2008-02-04, 07:00   Link #95
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Voted a Perfect 10 for this episode. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Aiko's feelings are coming out, I'm so excited what will happen on the next episode. And Noe thinks hotdogs are liars...
Old 2008-02-04, 07:00   Link #96
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
sniffle I muppet voted 9 instead of 10, let it be known that the poll should have one more 10 and i am a spaz.
For what it's worth.. I've edited the poll to reflect your real intention. You'll still see your name in the 9 voters, but actually it will count as a 10.

---

Very nice theories and thoughts I'm reading in this thread, some i might personally agree with, some others not, but all well thought and exposed. Nicely done everyone, this place is really beautiful and fascinating to read.
Old 2008-02-04, 07:03   Link #97
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

As much as I love this show's quality, this ep gets a 7 from me.

We don't see anything new that we haven't known before and it's just a continuation of everything from before. Sure, Aiko seems to be making a move and Hiromi got miffed by Shinichiro, but that was basically it..

This is as close to a filler episode as it could get for this show.
Old 2008-02-04, 07:20   Link #98
Solafighter
Hige

Great episode!

I love it.

Im looking forward to all next episodes.
Old 2008-02-04, 08:10   Link #99
Khaos

Thumbs up

It's rare to see such a well-done series regarding emotional situation and depth of the characters. I loved that double perspective scene in Hiromi's room.
Old 2008-02-04, 09:00   Link #100
UPR

There are rare times I give a perfect 10 for a ep. Usually those are reserverd for emtional one's. This has done a great job.