AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-12-22, 21:19   Link #301
typhonsentra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturro View Post
@typhonsentra - after reading your post, I've re-read mine, and I must admit, I made my post unclear.
GE was at first heartwarming. It is not anymore, it's depressing now. My point is not that I don't like depressing, serious manga. One of my all time favorites manga is Bitter Virgin. By comparison GE is still heartwarming .
I expected to read something heartwarming, not depressing. I feel deceived.
Well Hamlet is heartwarming compared to Bitter Virgin.

We've just ended a story arc where he got his heart broken. I might not've read as much manga as you but both Town Where You Live and Suzuka had a rejection for the main character after the first dozen or so chapters, I seriously doubt this trip will end without something happening.
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-23, 03:57   Link #302
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
Well Hamlet is heartwarming compared to Bitter Virgin.

We've just ended a story arc where he got his heart broken. I might not've read as much manga as you but both Town Where You Live and Suzuka had a rejection for the main character after the first dozen or so chapters, I seriously doubt this trip will end without something happening.
Well if it will end in the same way as orginal One Shot did then technically he won't get a happy ending - he will be frend-zoned still and considering all the stuff he is having to go through this would look much worser than it did in One-Shot.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-23, 03:59   Link #303
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Well, you can't have a good ending without having some really bad things happen during the story

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-23, 04:02   Link #304
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
Well, you can't have a good ending without having some really bad things happen during the story
Yeah but again the original ending did not have a good ending to begin with. It did not look this bad because he did not need to go through all that shit as he has in the series, so in this case ending being a friend-zoned is what I would call a 'bad' ending.
Old 2009-12-23, 04:13   Link #305
ZODDGUTS

This series could have a different ending. Bleach's one-shot had Orihime dying but she lived in the series when she came close to dying early on in the manga.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-23, 04:22   Link #306
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Well, Bleach is still not over... *crosses fingers*
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-23, 04:31   Link #307
Dark Mage

Its unlikely that it will have the same ending as the one-shot, most of the mangas are like that Medaka Box and Kagijin are good examples, I doubt the mangaka would make the ending that predictable. Also, the one-shot didnt really have a bad-ending, there Utsumi realized that he actually loved Yuki and confessed but Yuki didnt accept his confession but didnt exactly reject him either, she wanted to remain as they were for a bit more before considering anything else (those were Yuki's words) she didnt firmly "Friend-Zone" Utsumi, it was more like a transition phase until Yuki was able to accept him as her boyfriend. So she didnt really reject him, BTW, my source for this is rainrir and ruggia, who read the one-shot and understood the language

Last edited by Dark Mage; 2009-12-23 at 13:11.
Dark Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-23, 10:12   Link #308
typhonsentra

Can anyone find that original one-shot?
Old 2009-12-25, 20:33   Link #309
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Chapter 12 out :

Oh god , can't they stop with the misunderstanding route ...
It kinda turn on Yuki's route .

PS : i read a news who said that stupid otakus were angries cuz Yuki wasn't a virgin -_-" ....
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-25, 21:28   Link #310
typhonsentra

Spoiler:
Old 2009-12-25, 21:32   Link #311
Mizuno
Undefined

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
PS : i read a news who said that stupid otakus were angries cuz Yuki wasn't a virgin -_-" ....
Spoiler for raw:

Last edited by Mizuno; 2009-12-25 at 21:54.
Old 2009-12-25, 21:37   Link #312
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
Spoiler:
You should use a spoiler tag.

Spoiler:
Old 2009-12-25, 21:55   Link #313
Mizuno
Undefined

Hm sorry I suppose so, although if anyone read that article and haven't seen up to the latest raw, they have all been spoiled.
Old 2009-12-27, 11:52   Link #314
Rickketik

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
Well If you are not that much if a talented storyteller then yes..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Mage View Post
What more can you expect from people who sleep with Anime dolls, marry them, talk with them, shut themselves in their rooms with only electronic gadgets and comic books to keep them company? They have little connection to how the real world works as they have been bullied in school maybe, sit by themselves in school absorbed in their PsP, to them, they want their pillows to be virgins
It funny how a lot of people in this forum call themselves 'Otaku' without fully understanding the definition.
Rickketik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-27, 12:05   Link #315
Westlo
Lets be reality

lol Kannagi 2.0, otakus are pathetic, though to give them some credit at least their was a hickey this time!

On another note am I the only one who finds it sad otakus have to "live" through the main characters, seriously shit is lolz. Than again no wonder harems are popular, "yeah I'm a pimp like *insert character* and have dozens of girls who want me!". L O L
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-27, 12:38   Link #316
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
lol Kannagi 2.0, otakus are pathetic, though to give them some credit at least their was a hickey this time!

On another note am I the only one who finds it sad otakus have to "live" through the main characters, seriously shit is lolz. Than again no wonder harems are popular, "yeah I'm a pimp like *insert character* and have dozens of girls who want me!". L O L
well isn't that the essence of being Otaku? So fo course it's sad people lose themselves like that. And don't anyone argue with the comedic and romanticized picture of otakus you see in some stories - the reality of some of the hard to the core otakus is just plain depressing. Oh how i know i'll be flamed hard for this comment...
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-27, 13:10   Link #317
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Then you have to say the same about people who read books or films too, it is one the point of the fantasy to be able to fit yourself into the role of the fantasy which also increases ones pleasure but also increases the emotional reaction to it.

It happens all the time and not just with the otakus, so I find your jab to be weird. Some poeple like to place themselves in the role of the characters, you don't - good for you, but you should not look down on others if they do though.

The problem is when the fantasy gets out of control and such overreaction as here happens, but as such the 'live' in the characters role is nothing that rare and happens quite often and is not limited to just otaku's.
Old 2009-12-27, 15:41   Link #318
typhonsentra

No, I kinda feel like the whole "The main character MUST be an empty outlet for the male readers" isn't as prevalent in other forms of entertainment. Shit, in Shojo comics readers seem to have no problem with the female protagonist breaking down in tears on a weekly basis. Escapism is prevalent in a lot of fiction yes, but this expectation that the character can never face any real heartache or conflict isn't. And yes, the obsession with the idea that a girl must be a virgin is sexist. Again, there's no such virgin rule amongst female otakus when it comes to their romance comics, is there?
Old 2009-12-27, 15:47   Link #319
Westlo
Lets be reality

^ Agreed. Also there's a difference between placing yourself in the shoes of a character or relating to one and "living" through one so badly to the point where if said character gets denied the chance to pop a LI's cherry it's like it happened to you personally. Sadly as shown by the reaction to Kannagi and now GE some sad otaku's clearly cross the line.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-27, 16:04   Link #320
Emotional

its make me sad on chapter 12, she ditched him on a date of practice and went with a guy she used to love, is it horrible, maybe i am a little bit of emotion but after i read that i cant sleep at all, i stuck to my head, is this thing necessary happen in real life? i thought she like him >___<"
Emotional is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
being good sucks, drama, kento boss, romance, shoukento, shounen, slice of life, yukiumi