AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-03-16, 21:09   Link #81
OrderNorChaos

Check out the nanoha homepage

http://www.nanoha.com/

It has a link to the dog days homepage as well.

It will be airing on April 2nd (Saturday) as seen on the link from there

The airing dates can also be found under the News section on the Dog Days homepage as well.
OrderNorChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-17, 02:24   Link #82
kramerica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
As soon as you see how they decide to handle the mahou shounen transformation sequence the first time, you can pretty much guess what the tone of the series will be from there...
I can't wait until they show it and it's similar to DAZZLING THE STAGE!

Nanael is not amused.
kramerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-17, 12:13   Link #83
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramerica View Post
I can't wait until they show it and it's similar to DAZZLING THE STAGE!
Given the age of the male lead, that would certainly be informative about the tone of the series!
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-19, 20:06   Link #84
mechdra

My comment about this series is that it gives me Nanoha, Inukami and ZnT vibes. I can forsee that the princess will be like Yoko from Inukami since they are using the same voice actress (best Horie Yui character). One thing I am looking forward is the magical symbols that will appear. If it is a circle, triangle or square, I will LMAO.

Looks like no one here has claim that the character design is actually their OC in the Nanoha thread but who knows....
mechdra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-21, 00:54   Link #85
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

I also wonder when we will see a scene where some girl is suspended naked in a crystal/homoculus vat.

Also seiyuu joke related, Saji convinces Setsuna to join him in a magical knight adventure in the wonderful world of 7Arcs.
Old 2011-03-21, 01:49   Link #86
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
You know with Arf + Zafira from the Nanoha series, a series like Inukami and now Dog Days, I am starting to wonder if Tsuzuki have something for dogs or something. Especially inumimi.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-21, 07:52   Link #87
mechdra

Bt the way, the opening for this anime is out. It is kinda okay for me but it seems there might be some element of GAR in this anime.
mechdra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-21, 08:30   Link #88
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechdra View Post
Bt the way, the opening for this anime is out. It is kinda okay for me but it seems there might be some element of GAR in this anime.
Obligatory link please?

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-21, 08:36   Link #89
Cloudy

Seems like this is going to be the Madoka of the Spring season as Dog Days is kept under warps, just like Madoka before it aired.
Old 2011-03-21, 08:44   Link #90
Kagura89

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Obligatory link please?
Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oamcSqgCPBE
Old 2011-03-21, 10:12   Link #91
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

..... If 7 Arcs can create an opening sequence to match the energy of that song (In the same vein of Nanoha A's or the StrikerS openings), then I'm SOLD

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-21, 17:52   Link #92
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagura89 View Post
Ahh... Nana Mizuki. Instant hit!
Old 2011-03-21, 18:36   Link #93
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy View Post
Seems like this is going to be the Madoka of the Spring season as Dog Days is kept under warps, just like Madoka before it aired.
That's..... a very bold claim to make there.
Old 2011-03-21, 20:42   Link #94
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Given the genre shift, it isn't surprising. Also expect a couple of scenes of girls being encased in something in the nude since it is 7Arcs
Old 2011-03-21, 21:11   Link #95
Midonin
Last Engage

There's a sharp difference. We know what Dog Days' plot is. Even if it's just the bare bones of it, we have an idea what the story will entail. Madoka deliberately hid its plot with the vaguest of story descriptions on the site and promos that revealed nothing but out of context quotes. We were going in almost completely blind. Here, we at least have a candle or a really persistent firefly.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-21, 21:19   Link #96
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
Also expect a couple of scenes of girls being encased in something in the nude since it is 7Arcs
oh, guess I'll be gladly "expecting" those scenes then.
well, not only 'them' but, oh well...
Old 2011-03-22, 02:32   Link #97
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
There's a sharp difference. We know what Dog Days' plot is. Even if it's just the bare bones of it, we have an idea what the story will entail. Madoka deliberately hid its plot with the vaguest of story descriptions on the site and promos that revealed nothing but out of context quotes. We were going in almost completely blind. Here, we at least have a candle or a really persistent firefly.
Well it can shift from Fantasy Fighting anime to something else similar to what Nanoha went through. But given how Mahou Shoujo can also be read as "Magical Cannon Girl". It was just a matter of time.
Old 2011-03-22, 03:44   Link #98
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
I just would like it to stay fantasy or 55% fantasy instead of throwing itself into a wreck of sci-fi or mecha shoutout with reckless abandon. We already have Nanoha to emphasize on the tech of magitech, so please Dog Days don't follow and just find your way.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-22, 05:56   Link #99
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

I'm oddly enough looking forward to this, mostly due to the character design. Though, I hope, as Sheba points out, it's not a mecha shoutout or bladiblagh sci-fi mesh. This looks like fantasy and I hope it should remain such.

Also, solely based on design, Leonmitchelli (hope I got that right, the tomboyish girl with gloves, at any rate) is heading for the top as prospective favourite char.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-22, 12:32   Link #100
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

My initial take on this based on the concept art and the character names was that it was going to be more or less a spoof of the genre, with a mahou shounen lead. I kind of hope it end up on that end of the scale - I'd like to see something light-hearted and satirical than plays on the conventions of the style and subverts them a little bit.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ecchi, fantasy, harem, shonen