AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Fate/Zero - Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 108 49.09%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 65 29.55%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 11.36%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 5.91%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 2.27%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.45%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 0.91%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.45%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 220. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-10-01, 16:53   Link #41
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
Also... Sakura's dad, Tokiomi, cam go straight to hell as well. I'm sure he'll have lots of company though.
He is a terrible father for giving his dauther away without a second thought, but he didn't brutalized her himself, I can't totally hate him since I'm not sure if he knows what's going on. Plus he is totally cool (*///).
But given who he choose as his ally, I'm sure he will get the repayment he deserved someday .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
I don't think you can really hate kitsurugu, the hand he's dealt is horrible, the woman he loves is fated to die, his child is fated to die, it's hard for him to be happy, I think waver is decent too, since waver is like pre shirou.
I know nothing of Kitsurugu except that he fights dirty to kill sorcerers (should I call them magus?) for no good reasons. Doesn't make him all that likeable... But him and his wife look sweet together, that I agree.

Waver is decent compared to his opponents, but he is too cocky. He needs to mature before I take him seriously... Shirou never achieved that by the way. Pissed me off from the 1st minute of FS/N to the last second of UBW . Hopefully Waver wont be as bad.
Old 2011-10-01, 16:54   Link #42
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvianWing View Post
I actually like the Masters so far. No accidental summon, no accidentally summoning the wrong hero, no totally incompetent mage from a dying magic lineage, no master that dies before ever being shown (in 2 routes), and no master that doesn't know an ounce of magic.

With the exception of Waver, these guys know what's up, and even Waver seems pretty talented. Kinda like an Ivy League grad with no real life experience.
Well, the fourth war was a lot more "professional" than the fifth, because it happened when it was expected to, and the participants weren't a bunch of ill-informed teenagers.

Also, I assume by "totally incompetent magus from a dying magic lineage" you mean Shinji, in which case it's not clear yet whether Kariya will turn out to be "competent".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
despite the best effort of the Mod, i doubt they can keep the threads 100% spoiler free.
No, but I suspect that a large portion of the people posting here will not have read the light novel, so....

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Jason:. View Post
They were, he did mention Sakura crying and screaming until she couldn't use her voice anymore.
Really?

I remember him saying something about her stopping screaming, but I didn't think it was worded quite like that....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina.Wolken View Post
He is a terrible father for giving his dauther away without a second thought, but he didn't brutalized her himself, I can't totally hate him since I'm not sure if he knows what's going on. Plus he is kinda cool.
But given who he choose as his ally, I'm sure he will get the repayment he deserved someday .
He's a moron, plain and simple. He put his position as a magus above his duty as a father to keep his daughter safe.
Cherry_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-01, 16:55   Link #43
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuna Amakura View Post
Wha...did you watch it via nicovideo? Because they are streaming it for seven days after the episode airs for free and it definitely has subtitles (although I gave up and watched it with Spanish subs, hence, I downloaded it elsewhere).
Well, I didn't know that, so I watched it raw.
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-01, 16:55   Link #44
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Lover View Post

Also, I assume by "totally incompetent magus from a dying magic lineage" you mean Shinji, in which case it's not clear yet whether Kariya will turn out to be "competent".
Shinji doesn't even qualify as Incompetent since he isn't even a mage.
Old 2011-10-01, 16:59   Link #45
.:Jason:.
~The Radiant Protector~

Send a message via AIM to .:Jason:. Send a message via MSN to .:Jason:.
Quote:
Really?

I remember him saying something about her stopping screaming, but I didn't think it was worded quite like that....
I'm pretty sure he did.

Set by TheEroKing.
.:Jason:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-01, 17:01   Link #46
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
hmmm the episode is about 48 minutes long pretty good. The animation looks a lot better then the previous fate series. I can't wait to see Saber in action.
Old 2011-10-01, 17:04   Link #47
Yuutsu

I can imagine that viewers not familiar with the FS/N universe being bored or disappointed by this episode heavy on exposition and low on action.

For me, it was an good episode that introduces, adequately, all the main players of the game. Most of the important details were retained from the novel, so that alleviated of adaptations tending to skim or even completely skip over small, but important, details.

Can't WAIT to see Berserker in action!!! It's gonna be sweet.

Also, poor Kariya and Sakura. : (
Yuutsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-01, 17:05   Link #48
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuutsu View Post
I can imagine that viewers not familiar with the FS/N universe being bored or disappointed by this episode heavy on exposition and low on action.

(
probably why they did the prologue all in one ep.
Old 2011-10-01, 17:07   Link #49
Nosauz

Fighting "dirty" give me a break, in FS/N caster has her own servant, this war is nothing about fair, I mean kotomine is siding with Tohsaka at the moment, the whole war is not fair, and the notion that the Tohsaka lineage only wants root, is absurd, there were 3 wars before this, if the mages were that intent on finding out the secret of magic they could have but of course they were greedy. In the end don't think fighting style is all that abhorrent especially when that war has such a significant outcome.
Spoiler for LN readers:
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-01, 17:08   Link #50
Kaiba

Quote:
He's a moron, plain and simple. He put his position as a magus above his duty as a father to keep his daughter safe.
How could Tohsaka know that Sakura's not safe among the Matous?
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-01, 17:10   Link #51
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
Oh yeah... Zoken's face just screams "I'm trustworthy". He could... I don't know... CHECK UP ON HER?!
Fuck him, he basically doesn't give a crap about Sakura.

Also, since I've seen Fate Stay Night, I already know Kariya's going to fail... which makes all his scenes with Sakura all the sadder.
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-01, 17:13   Link #52
rpgman1

Finally Fate/Zero appears. Been dying to watch this series and it's pretty dark. Just the way the War of the Holy Grail is suppose to be.
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-01, 17:20   Link #53
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
He's her father, her well-being is his responsibility. If she ends up getting worm-raped, then he has to take the blame for not protecting her.

Further, giving her away is in itself not a very nice thing to do. She's a young child who wants to be with her mother and sister, who she loves. To rip her away from that, dump her in some cold, unfeeling home in the name of magic and tell her that you never want to see her again is bad enough even if that family is going to treat her decently.

Plus, why couldn't he check up on her? They live next door to each other (seriously, there is a map of Fuyuki somewhere, and Rin's house and Sakura's house are adjacent), it's not like it would be hard.
Old 2011-10-01, 17:28   Link #54
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
He's her father, her well-being is his responsibility. If she ends up getting worm-raped, then he has to take the blame for not protecting her.

Further, giving her away is in itself not a very nice thing to do. She's a young child who wants to be with her mother and sister, who she loves. To rip her away from that, dump her in some cold, unfeeling home in the name of magic and tell her that you never want to see her again is bad enough even if that family is going to treat her decently.

Plus, why couldn't he check up on her? They live next door to each other (seriously, there is a map of Fuyuki somewhere, and Rin's house and Sakura's house are adjacent), it's not like it would be hard.
not sure if explaining mage society and their thinking in FSN would be consider a spoiler. So i will use tags.

Spoiler:
Old 2011-10-01, 17:36   Link #55
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

One word: Amazing. This episode was everything I was hoping it would be, and then some. The animation was glorious, the music was beautiful, and the plot build-up had me wishing the whole series was out already even though I've read the LN and thus know how this is going to end. 10/10.

Last edited by Kuroi Hadou; 2011-10-01 at 18:43. Reason: Spelling correction
Kuroi Hadou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-01, 17:48   Link #56
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
not sure if explaining mage society and their thinking in FSN would be consider a spoiler. So i will use tags.

Spoiler:
Yeah, I'm aware of how magi in the Nasuverse think, but that doesn't make him any less of a shit father for failing to check up on Sakura properly, or to consider her needs as a human being.
Old 2011-10-01, 17:49   Link #57
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Haven't yet watched the episode but the opening sure gives me that Saber wearing a suit is too manly. Even Shiro can't matched that.
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-01, 18:14   Link #58
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

One episode in, and I'm already liking this far more than Stay/Night.

Without any helpless highschool male protagonists in sight, I'm tentatively assuming I will continue enjoying this as the season progresses.

Two thoughts:

1) The world needs more fathers like Karyia's dad.
2) I die inside knowing what a softie Emiya will turn into if Stay/Night's expositions are anything to go off of.
Also, cake.

Last edited by creb; 2011-10-01 at 18:29.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-01, 18:37   Link #59
勝利は単純な魂の中に

I think I speak for everyone who was waiting for this when I say

キターーー(゜∀゜)ーーー!!

Quality was stellar. Can't wait for more.
Avatar of Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-01, 19:09   Link #60
ZeKeR
Superbad

So Iris and Aoi counting for hawt married wimminz aka MILF?

also, how in the world could he know that the aging (Zoken IS aging and weakening here, right?) patriarch of the Matou would brutalize Sakura's training? Seriously...

and why is Kariya wearing that blue hoodie always?

Last edited by ZeKeR; 2011-10-01 at 19:19.
ZeKeR is offline   Reply With Quote