Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-04-21, 21:33   Link #161
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
So I heard Tera's creators stole stuff from lineage 3's staff and might be shut down.
NCSoft has a number of lucrative MMO's, so it's not a big surprise. It's very common for competitors to sue to gain or protect market advantage. And ignoring the channel trolls who flock from MMO beta to MMO beta hoping to be WoW virgins again, or the obvious hype for GW2, TERA is actually pretty good. Not perfect, but it's definitely a top tier MMO.

I'm a bit conflicted actually, because I'm not convinced it's worth the subscription.....but I definitely think this is a game where cash shops would hurt the "feel" of the in game experience.
Old 2012-04-22, 00:39   Link #162
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Just did a BAM killing spree for the level 25~ quest zone. Ran into a Warrior and Slayer party with my Priest and got invited, then we got stomped by bigger one and grabbed a Berserker and Lancer and then killed the next set of quest BAMs.

OMG, so crazy, for a player who's never played an MMO for any substantial length of time before, I was like "omgomgomgomgomgomgogmogmogomg" trying to run around and heal everyone as when you use the lock on heal, if you accidentally mouse over a friendly who is nearly fully healed it will still select him so you need to be careful about how you move your mouse so you reach the right teammates!

There was a part where I accidentally caused another one of those Kumas monsters to attack while I was busy trying to dodge the one we were fighting. Had to resurrect the tank about 3 times, we eventually killed them both and barely made out of that one alive @_@;;;
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 03:05   Link #163
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawfer View Post
Typical Korean mmo, a solo online game with fetching quests and grinding.
Yes, because your beloved WoW doesn't have fetching quests and grinding quests, I'm sure.

Maybe you should look past the quest system and look at the things that make TERA fun, such as combat system that requires skill.. Not some lame tab-targeting system in WoW where tanks can just go afk and have their healers heal them.

I find it funny that people complain about quests because really, there's only so much you can come up with relating to the quests. What kind of quest should it be that you would not feel bored?
Old 2012-04-22, 06:35   Link #164
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Its not a matter of not HAVING grinding and all that, its how well it disguises and makes it not boring. Which Tera does a little bit. WoW doesn't disguise it well. >.> but its been out for years so its almost impossible for it to now.
Old 2012-04-22, 06:37   Link #165
Westlo
Lets be reality

Can you not skip the prologue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
If by '' quite the experience '' you mean all high levels bored and camping at front of Lumbertown to kill any low level who doesn't think twice about crossing the bridge.. then yes, quite an experience.
Has happened once that I've seen during Open Beta... and the solution was jump into the water next to it and continue on anyway. Other times other high levels were there to keep them in check.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 07:02   Link #166
Mow Yun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Can you not skip the prologue?

Has happened once that I've seen during Open Beta... and the solution was jump into the water next to it and continue on anyway. Other times other high levels were there to keep them in check.
Its forced on the first character of the server. So the other characters you make on the same server will not have to play the prologue, is what I hear. Of course, you can only make one character per server right now, so its kind of moot.

Also Dist dragged me through the second instanced dungeon tonight/this morning. It's 5AM now but it was a blast with me dying in like 4 hits to cannon fodder. The other sorceror kept leading creatures to me and taking like 1,000 to 3,000 damage per hit wasn't exactly good for my health >:[

Now sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeep~
Old 2012-04-22, 07:21   Link #167
Dist

Thanks for healing us there Mow, too bad you had to go to sleep. Damn I seriously hate my luck .. That sorc got all the good stuff for Sorcs, and she didn't even need them .. She was level 31 goddamnit! So yeah, I'll continue being lvl28 sorc with my noob lvl20 equipment
Old 2012-04-22, 07:38   Link #168
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Don't worry Dist, that person is prob just in the beta to play it for free.
Old 2012-04-22, 10:03   Link #169
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

That's not helping Kyero! Lol..

Wish I got to play today, lvl 13... But had uni-stuff all day... On my Sunday q_q. Uni all day tomorrow too.. Ahh well might get a couple hours in tomorrow!

Ps what's a BAM? I've seen it mentioned sometimes. Bad ass mob? Big ass mob? Bald american man?
Old 2012-04-22, 10:05   Link #170
Mow Yun

BAM = "big ass monster." Like a world boss, you are supposed to only fight them as a party, they do tons of damage if they hit you. Such as Basilisk or Kumas.

<--- awake at 8 AM, slept for 3 hours curse you tera >_<;;
Old 2012-04-22, 10:31   Link #171
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
That's not helping Kyero! Lol..

Wish I got to play today, lvl 13... But had uni-stuff all day... On my Sunday q_q. Uni all day tomorrow too.. Ahh well might get a couple hours in tomorrow!

Ps what's a BAM? I've seen it mentioned sometimes. Bad ass mob? Big ass mob? Bald american man?
Yea I just realized how that makes it worse haha, but they won't be here for the next time like end game stuff.
Old 2012-04-22, 11:42   Link #172
Lawfer

Quote:
Yes, because your beloved WoW doesn't have fetching quests and grinding quests, I'm sure.
Fail didn't even like WoW, I like MMO which has spices to the quests to make it interesting and force people to actually work together to get past them.

With Korean mmos it's all the same, fetching quests were all you have to do is kill this or that and in these games everybody is playing solo, even though it's an online game. Games at lunch like Guild Wars, Dark Age of Camelot or Lord of the Rings Online had some very interesting quests and made them intricating with lots of reason to group, which is something that Tera and korean mmorpgs in general fail to do nor achieve (SUN being the exception). But that's also because developpers of these games don't feel the need to do that, because the vast majority of asian players wether they be japanese or koreans don't like grouping much.
Lawfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 12:03   Link #173
Dist

I like how you're throwing so many accusations to TERA even though you clearly didn't play it. Or if you did, not past level 10, which is the starting area.

As soon as you get to level 20+, most of the quests are for BAM's, which you can NOT solo. (Well, technically you can, but no one does so you look for a group for those).

Oh Mow, sounds like fun .. 3 hours :x. Didn't see you online though, did you go back to bed?
Old 2012-04-22, 12:48   Link #174
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

I am having a heck of a good time playing AION, and I would like to compare the two of them:

- The length, complexity and difficulty of AION instances makes it quite enticing to me. I have no idea how Tera's dungeons stack against AION's. How fun are the instances in Tera?

- The questing and storyline are OK, but many of them can get very grindy. There are cut scenes for the campaign quest so that's a plus. So far I hear that the worst thing about Tera's is its quest system, what is your opinion on the matter?

- Character, gear, and area design in AION are simply stunning! I have not seen any other MMO that has such a great taste as Aion in this regard. I have no idea how Tera handles aesthetics.

- The combat is also very fun, but it seems it is nowhere nearly as engaging as Tera's.

- I have not PVPed in AION and so I can't comment on it.

- Both AION and Tera have are anime basec mmos with lolis!!!

What I am trying to ask here is: Is Tera better than AION, even though AION is completely free, and Tera isnt? Or does it just fall down to personal taste?
Old 2012-04-22, 19:40   Link #175
Mow Yun

Quote:
I like how you're throwing so many accusations to TERA even though you clearly didn't play it. Or if you did, not past level 10, which is the starting area.

As soon as you get to level 20+, most of the quests are for BAM's, which you can NOT solo. (Well, technically you can, but no one does so you look for a group for those).

Oh Mow, sounds like fun .. 3 hours :x. Didn't see you online though, did you go back to bed?
I ended up surfing the internet >_>;;

Too brain fried to do anything productive, too alert to go back to sleep.

Started a new character on another server to introduce a friend to TERA. A first time MMO player, I had to teach him how to assign skills and talk to quest givers. It took like 20 minutes to troubleshoot him about talking to the first NPC on the prologue.

In any case, he didn't seem very impressed. He seems to like Guild Wars 2 more, though I haven't seen it yet so I have yet to make a judgment myself.
Old 2012-04-22, 19:45   Link #176
Lawfer

Quote:
I like how you're throwing so many accusations to TERA even though you clearly didn't play it.
I did, otherwise I wouldn't talk about it. I am lvl 15 and it's seriously boring.
Lawfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 20:47   Link #177
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Would be awesome if someone addressed the questions I raised above.

Thanks.
Old 2012-04-22, 21:00   Link #178
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu View Post
Would be awesome if someone addressed the questions I raised above.

Thanks.
I havent PVPed or did much party PVE.. so I can't really help you, but the gameplay is totally diffrent. and Bosses are HARD if you suck.
Old 2012-04-22, 21:13   Link #179
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Been watching a few videos of this game and I like what I have seen. Don't know if I'll ever try it, but I did get a good first impression from the videos alone.
Old 2012-04-23, 00:37   Link #180
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Soloed a pair of Indolent Kumus BAMs last night as a lv23 sorcerer in Celestial Hills. It's just a matter of using your escape abilities effectively; you won't run out of MP. The fights just take forever. It took me about 20 minutes to kill the first one (after dying several times at various percentages) and less than 15 minutes to kill the second one (though I got hit a few times and had to use potions).

Much faster as a group.