Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-05-03, 18:58   Link #8721
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFXFan13 View Post
Because I'm bored for the most part.

And because they're usually the only discussions going on here.
I'm fine with joining just cause you're bored, but don't go about doing pot shots on a character that you may not like or find interesting but others might, just for a little bit of entertainment. You don't see us bashing on Kumagawa or any other character do you?

And I've said it before...you want to discuss something else? Try starting it rather than sitting around waiting for someone to start your perfect discussion. As you can see, a single one line post is usually enough to spark a nice conversation around here.

Quote:
Watching Wolfenstein and Tenchi Hou Take go back and forth with their avatars looking the way they do is cracking me up so bad!
OMG you are so right!
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 18:59   Link #8722
Darth SpiderDen
Sekiryuutei

Quote:
Uh, Sorry I guess?
Nah it's alright.
It's just that with a manga like Medaka Box, restricting it to just a popularity poll for Zenkichi and Kumagawa is kinda limiting, that's all.
You're not going to change your opinion and Randrak isn't going to change his, so why not discuss the other multitude of themes and events that have happened or will happen in the manga?
Old 2012-05-03, 19:01   Link #8723
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth SpiderDen View Post
Nah it's alright.
It's just that with a manga like Medaka Box, restricting it to just a popularity poll for Zenkichi and Kumagawa is kinda limiting, that's all.
You're not going to change your opinion and Randrak isn't going to change his, so why not discuss the other multitude of themes and events that have happened or will happen in the manga?
Exactly, if one isn't into an ongoing discussion, I see no reason why another can't start and run simultaneously.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 19:12   Link #8724
FFXFan13
Swag Level: Glasses

Ok, fine... I'm curious, does Kumagawa still have "Book Maker" after he regain "All Fiction"? Because, as I recall, "All Ficiton" is just the left over's from "Hundred Gauntlets", so does that mean Kumagawa now has bot of his Minus, or did he permanently sacrifice "Book Maker" to get it back this time?

Also, Munakata's urge to kill was lost because he killed for the first time right? Or, did Kumagawa use "All Fiction" to make it nothing when he was killed?
FFXFan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 19:15   Link #8725
Darth SpiderDen
Sekiryuutei

Quote:
Ok, fine... I'm curious, does Kumagawa still have "Book Maker" after he regain "All Fiction"? Because, as I recall, "All Ficiton" is just the left over's from "Hundred Gauntlets", so does that mean Kumagawa now has bot of his Minus, or did he permanently sacrifice "Book Maker" to get it back this time?

Also, Munakata's urge to kill was lost because he killed for the first time right? Or, did Kumagawa use "All Fiction" to make it nothing when he was killed?
About Kumagawa's Minus: not sure if he has both of them but I think that he traded Book Maker for All Fiction.
And about Munakata's loss of the urge to kill is also affirmative. Even tough Kumagawa used All Fiction to make it nothing, the experience of killing still stayed with Munakata.
Old 2012-05-03, 19:21   Link #8726
FFXFan13

Quote:
About Kumagawa's Minus: not sure if he has both of them but I think that he traded Book Maker for All Fiction.
We know it's possible for people to have multiple skill's though, and that "All Fiction" was regained by throwing together the bit's left over from "Hundred Gauntlets".
Quote:
And about Munakata's loss of the urge to kill is also affirmative. Even tough Kumagawa used All Fiction to make it nothing, the experience of killing still stayed with Munakata.
Yeah, but was it "All Fiction" that made it nothing, or, was it like he believed, and that the experience of killing, finally quenched his desire to kill? Did Kumagawa have "All Fiction" when he was killed, or did he only regain it after he died.
Old 2012-05-03, 19:26   Link #8727
Darth SpiderDen
Sekiryuutei

Quote:
We know it's possible for people to have multiple skill's though, and that "All Fiction" was regained by throwing together the bit's left over from "Hundred Gauntlets".

Yeah, but was it "All Fiction" that made it nothing, or, was it like he believed, and that the experience of killing, finally quenched his desire to kill? Did Kumagawa have "All Fiction" when he was killed, or did he only regain it after he died.
I've re-read the chapter of the killing.
Kumagawa unlocked All Fiction after dying, while still maintaining Book Maker.
And he used it to make his death nothing.
But it seems the experience and knowledge stayed with Munakata.
Old 2012-05-03, 19:31   Link #8728
FFXFan13

Quote:
I've re-read the chapter of the killing.
Kumagawa unlocked All Fiction after dying, while still maintaining Book Maker.
And he used it to make his death nothing.
But it seems the experience and knowledge stayed with Munakata.
Hasn't it always been like that though? "All Fiction" makes something into nothing, but he didn't make "The Action of killing me" nothing, he made "My Death" and "My Injuries" nothing.
Old 2012-05-03, 19:33   Link #8729
Darth SpiderDen
Sekiryuutei

Quote:
Hasn't it always been like that though? "All Fiction" makes something into nothing, but he didn't make "The Action of killing me" nothing, he made "My Death" and "My Injuries" nothing.
Yeah, come to think of it, that's the only use Kumagawa's as ever given All Fiction.
Except when he made Zenkichi blind.
Old 2012-05-03, 19:37   Link #8730
FFXFan13

Quote:
Yeah, come to think of it, that's the only use Kumagawa's as ever given All Fiction.
That's the only need he's ever had for it though, since after he joined the Council he didn't have it anymore.
Old 2012-05-03, 19:41   Link #8731
Darth SpiderDen
Sekiryuutei

Quote:
That's the only need he's ever had for it though, since after he joined the Council he didn't have it anymore.
But it's kind of a downer.
All the possibilities that skill can give you and he basically uses it just to negate damage to him.
It's still pretty awesome just as that, since it makes him basically indestructible, but still....
Old 2012-05-03, 19:48   Link #8732
FFXFan13

Quote:
But it's kind of a downer.
All the possibilities that skill can give you and he basically uses it just to negate damage to him.
It's still pretty awesome just as that, since it makes him basically indestructible, but still....
Well, it's limited in that he still needs to be able to touch whatever he's negating, but, what else could he use it for? It sounds like an awesome ability, but making something into nothing means you can't get it back. After all, it's not like he can make the action of using "All Fiction" into nothing.

That said, what would you use it for?
Old 2012-05-03, 19:50   Link #8733
Sol Falling

Quote:
Kumagawa also used All Fiction to do things like removing the locks on the bomb bracelets in the Secretary battle, in order to cause a tie.

edit: I see you guys are not even including the times Kumagawa used All Fiction to heal other people. If you guys didn't realize, that goes for every time he stabbed someone with one of his screws (remember how people commented on how mysteriously, they weren't actually hurt) as well.

double edit: Also, Kumagawa used All Fiction several times to restore/repair clothes.

Regarding Bookmaker. I'm of the opinion that Kumagawa still has it. The thing is though, that now that Kumagawa is trying to win and has become happy, he pretty much has zero reason to make use of it. In the first place: Bookmaker drags an opponent down to Kumagawa's level, so rather than winning--fundamentally the best Bookmaker can give him is a tie. Second: as has been said numerous times about his character, Kumagawa is in fact already incredibly strong. Rather than reducing his opponents' abilities, it is perfectly conceivable for Kumagawa to compete on the basis of his own.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 19:54   Link #8734
FFXFan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Kumagawa also used All Fiction to do things like removing the locks on the bomb bracelets in the Secretary battle, in order to cause a tie.
Ah, that's right isn't it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Regarding Bookmaker. I'm of the opinion that Kumagawa still has it. The thing is though, that now that Kumagawa is trying to win and has become happy, he pretty much has zero reason to make use of it. In the first place: Bookmaker drags an opponent down to Kumagawa's level, so rather than winning--fundamentally the best Bookmaker can give him is a tie. Second: as has been said numerous times about his character, Kumagawa is in fact already incredibly strong. Rather than reducing his opponents' abilities, it is perfectly conceivable for Kumagawa to compete on the basis of his own.
In other words, "Book Maker" is a pretty useless skill, unless he wants somebody to better understand him.

By the way, was it ever stated that Medaka could recall Kumagawa's feelings, from when she was effected by "Book Maker"? Does she still remember his motivations at the time, and all the little things?
Old 2012-05-03, 20:01   Link #8735
Log
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Quote:
Ah, that's right isn't it...

In other words, "Book Maker" is a pretty useless skill, unless he wants somebody to better understand him.

By the way, was it ever stated that Medaka could recall Kumagawa's feelings, from when she was effected by "Book Maker"? Does she still remember his motivations at the time, and all the little things?
I wouldn't call Book Maker useless. Book Maker is actually potentially one of the strongest skills because it brings down the opponenet to his level no matter how strong the opponent is. It managed to seal Ajimu (although she likely let him), and would've tied with Medaka had she not have plot armor.
Log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 20:17   Link #8736
Wolfenstein

Quote:
This isn't Medaka Box anymore.
It's now "Zenkichi vs Kumagawa: who do you prefer?" thread.
Pfft. That's like asking me to choose between my own children.
Wolfenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 20:21   Link #8737
FFXFan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Log View Post
I wouldn't call Book Maker useless. Book Maker is actually potentially one of the strongest skills because it brings down the opponenet to his level no matter how strong the opponent is. It managed to seal Ajimu (although she likely let him), and would've tied with Medaka had she not have plot armor.
That would make it useful in a Team Match, but, all it would do in a One-On-One fight is cause a tie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfenstein View Post
Pfft. That's like asking me to choose between my own children.
Obviously when picking between your kids, you pick the one who causes less headaches, and actually cleans up after themselves.
Old 2012-05-03, 20:26   Link #8738
Log
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Quote:
That would make it useful in a Team Match, but, all it would do in a One-On-One fight is cause a tie.
Ties are good in a fight with a superior opponent.
Log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 20:29   Link #8739
FFXFan13

True, especially since "Book Maker" would also give his opponent the inability to win, unless they were someone like Medaka.
Old 2012-05-03, 20:37   Link #8740
Wolfenstein

Book Maker's real weakness isn't it's effect, it's that Kumagawa needs a relatively large opening to use It since he has to fully pierce the opponent with the sword-like screw.
Wolfenstein is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council