AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-21, 20:42   Link #361
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Certainly a deeper episode than the other two. Whoever called the (attempted) rape scenario a few pages back was spot on. I think it's interesting that Aoki, who for all intents and purposes is an idiot, can be pretty insightful at times. I have a feeling that eventually, he will actually win Yui over.

By the way, that nad kick, it works on girls too.

Endless "Streaking" Soul
Old 2012-07-21, 20:47   Link #362
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
There were several of us who called it.

My predictions for next episode is that Inaba is the one who is close to cracking and in love with Taichi. Inori's mother has decided to remarry, (this one is more 50-50, but I'll go with the remarry option).

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 20:52   Link #363
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
There were several of us who called it.

My predictions for next episode is that Inaba is the one who is close to cracking and in love with Taichi. Inori's mother has decided to remarry, (this one is more 50-50, but I'll go with the remarry option).
I pretty much share the same sentiments, Himeko sure seems rather pushy when it comes to the Taichi and Iori. Plus, I think she left hints of being interested in Taichi, as if his flags aren't getting bigger already. Himeko sure has things going on that we don't know about yet, but I'm interested to see what they are, since she's my favorite character and everything.
Old 2012-07-21, 20:53   Link #364
Jmko
Normal Member
*Graphic Designer

Episode 3 was surprisingly good and surpass my expectations. The drama was good for the soul in small doses.

Spoiler for PV spoiler about Iori:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikvod00 View Post
Aoki is going to be forever alone unless he steps up his game; Taichi can't stop raising flags. I agree that things got resolved way too fast, considering the seriousness of the situation.
Poor guy, Taichi should leave some for Aoki.

Last edited by Jmko; 2012-07-21 at 21:43.
Jmko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 20:54   Link #365
Lukeman1884

Now she'll finally be able to answer the age-old question: what hurts more, childbirth, or being kicked in the nuts.
Lukeman1884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 21:01   Link #366
Jmko
Normal Member
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeman1884 View Post
Now she'll finally be able to answer the age-old question: what hurts more, childbirth, or being kicked in the nuts.
But will she finally be able to answer the question about the difference between male and female orgasms?
Jmko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 21:18   Link #367
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmko View Post
But will she finally be able to answer the question about the difference between male and female orgasms?
She's had plenty of time to experiment- five minutes would be enough. Wouldn't surprise me if she'd taken it out for a spin...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 21:23   Link #368
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
She's had plenty of time to experiment- five minutes would be enough. Wouldn't surprise me if she'd taken it out for a spin...
Given her reaction to having to ... handle the equipment when going to the bathroom, I doubt Yui has, but I wouldn't be surprised if Iori or Inaba have found out.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 21:40   Link #369
Markerlight

A decent episode but Yui's situation was resolved too quickly, and the music felt too cheerful. The story also seems like it suffers from damsels in distress - only the the girls have problems, which the guys have to resolve. As soon as Inaba said Iori was the closest to cracking, I figured she was actually the one closest to cracking. I'm betting she likes Taichi as well.

Also Taichi, that kick, man. No way in hell I would do that to myself, especially at full force.
Old 2012-07-21, 22:15   Link #370
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Great episode. Himiko seems to know every single one of them very well, since she knew that Iori had feelings for Taichi and she was also the first one that Yui had told about her past. She seems to be the one pulling all the strings - Taichi gave Yui a little push, but Himiko was the one who first gave Taichi the push that led to it.

I'm wondering how these 5 fit into the traditional five-man-band. As I see it:
Leader: Taichi
Lance: Himiko/Iori
Big guy: Aoki
Smart guy: Himiko/Iori
Heart: Yui

Still not certain about whether to put Himiko/Iori as the lance or smart guy.
frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 22:45   Link #371
Pen3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markerlight View Post
A decent episode but Yui's situation was resolved too quickly, and the music felt too cheerful. The story also seems like it suffers from damsels in distress - only the the girls have problems, which the guys have to resolve. As soon as Inaba said Iori was the closest to cracking, I figured she was actually the one closest to cracking. I'm betting she likes Taichi as well.

Also Taichi, that kick, man. No way in hell I would do that to myself, especially at full force.
Yuis condition is not resolved at all, but it gave her some confidence.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 22:53   Link #372
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Wow didn't think Yui's problem was that serious. Good thing Taichi gaver her some good advice to help her recover. Seems like Inaba was the first to get burnt out.
Old 2012-07-21, 23:12   Link #373
s07195
However,

There were a few comedy parts which were quite funny. I liked how Taichi was called out on his 'always thinking of others' attitude. Is there something behind that?

Rewatching the episode, it does seem that Yui managed to get a bit more confidence, although I don't think that her phobia would be completely cured so quickly. But I didn't really like the choice of music in that scene...it made the story feel rushed.

Btw whenever I watch the ending, the singing always sends a shiver down my spine, especially at the 'wakaranai' part. It feels like she's forcing her voice or something.

I laughed a lot at the 'confession' scene. More comedy like this, please!
Old 2012-07-21, 23:15   Link #374
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

So the problems in the cast are:

Yui - victim of attempted sexual assault
Iori - family problems
Himiko - frail health (?)
Taichi - ?
Aoki - ?
Old 2012-07-21, 23:17   Link #375
AmeNoJaku
Franco's Phalanx is next!

Taichi -> afraid to make choices
Aoki -> needs to grow up
AmeNoJaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 23:17   Link #376
Qilin
Romanticist

There were hints in the last episode, but this episode outright confirms that this series will indeed be drama-heavy.

From the looks of it, it seems each of the main characters here their own issues to deal with, maybe apart from Aoki. On that note, I'd say that the resolution to Yui's problem with men was pretty cute. I was surprised that it happened so early, but if it means less angst then it's all good.

On the other hand, I wasn't all too thrilled at Taichi's characterization in this episode. The last thing I wanted in my anime is another character with a messianic complex. But still, I guess it's all a matter of execution in the end. I just don't want this series to turn into Taichi saving everyone. If anything, that selfless nature of his should be portrayed as an issue in itself, but I doubt that the anime would take that route.

For now, it looks like Iori is the most enigmatic part of the main cast. For now, all we have on her is her delicate family situation, a few hints from Himeko, and that long babble of pseudo-philosophy in the last episode. I wonder what'll happen when she finally snaps?

I guess the next episode will tell us exactly why Himeko likes isolating herself so much, so I think I'll look forward to that.
Old 2012-07-21, 23:37   Link #377
stardf29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qilin View Post
If anything, that selfless nature of his should be portrayed as an issue in itself, but I doubt that the anime would take that route.
If Inaba's talk with Taichi is of any indication, I'd say the anime has already addressed it as an issue. At least, it seems to be an issue to her.
stardf29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 23:46   Link #378
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

After rewatching the episode, I realised that the confession scene was actually a four-body switch, not a 2-2 side-by-side switch.

Taichi in Himiko's body, Aoki in Yui's body, Himiko in Aoki's body, and Yui in Taichi's body. Maybe we'll see a five-person switch in the next episode.

Last edited by frivolity; 2012-07-21 at 23:59.
Old 2012-07-21, 23:49   Link #379
Qilin
Romanticist

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardf29 View Post
If Inaba's talk with Taichi is of any indication, I'd say the anime has already addressed it as an issue. At least, it seems to be an issue to her.
Maybe. But the way I interpreted it, that scene was meant to highlight Himeko's cynicism and distrust of others rather than portraying it as a problem on Taichi's part. As such, I still have my doubts that the show will address Taichi's selflessness for the problem that it is.

Last edited by Qilin; 2012-07-22 at 00:01.
Qilin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 00:51   Link #380
stardf29

I guess I can't see any reason behind why there would be doubts that the anime would treat it as a serious issue. Sure, most anime don't, but already this show is proving to not be like most anime.

And I also think that Taichi's helping Yui might cause some problems between him and Iori. He did, after all, nearly get caught by Class Rep in thinking that he was "cheating".
stardf29 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
body swapping, comedy, drama, romance, shounen, slice of life