AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-11-12, 14:16   Link #1221
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Spoiler for girls und panzer:
Old 2012-11-12, 15:40   Link #1222
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Oh LOL

Images
Ibaraki Prefecture Endorsement
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Yes, GuP is featured in the official site for the Ibaraki Prefectural Government.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-12, 15:44   Link #1223
SPECTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mda4skb88V1qfsvizo1_500.jpg

Where do you get the one with the minifigures from?
SPECTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-12, 17:30   Link #1224
gaiar31

Ok this week 5.5 recap 100%

see you nex week > <
gaiar31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-12, 20:03   Link #1225
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Second half is slightly more interesting with Miho introducing the other team's individual members by name (finally), and Yukari providing intro on the tanks and some technical tidbits (The Matilda II's are identified as the Mk.III/ Mk.IV model).
That part could actually be worth watching. Of course, I was going to watch it anyway as soon as possible, but now I feel like there's something to look forward to.

Quote:
I get the feeling that Girls und Panzer was planned out as a 2-cour show. There are so many characters with lots of backstory that there won't be enough time in a single cour show to explore properly. Similarly, there seems to be a lot more untold details about the different schools than we've been shown. They probably couldn't fund a 2-cour show properly, so it's going to be a single season.

I'd say it's for the best as 2-cour shows are more difficult to manage, and a mess up like this would have far more serious consequences. It'd also mean that each episode had to be tightened up and absolutely packed with content. And really it's the amount of content that breathes life into the show.
Maybe, maybe, but I get the feeling that, by the end of the 1-cour show, I'm not going to feel like they've given me enough of it. Unless something significantly changes, I'm going to still want more when this is over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00Coyote View Post
Is that Mako riding in that flying deathtrap helicopter?
It sure looks like her. I again salute her bravery: even knowing nothing about that specific model, I don't think you could get me to touch that thing with a ten-foot pole. It looks like it's going to fall to pieces in mid-air.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-12, 23:04   Link #1226
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

5.5 I did not watch (I'm waiting for the translation vostfr), but if this is an episode summary I do not know if I would want to see

Old 2012-11-12, 23:18   Link #1227
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Location: I'm not gone! I'm where you either use a slingshot or a gun!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
It sure looks like her. I again salute her bravery: even knowing nothing about that specific model, I don't think you could get me to touch that thing with a ten-foot pole. It looks like it's going to fall to pieces in mid-air.
It's actually a lot better built than it looks, and she is perfectly safe in there. The reason the Luftwaffe didn't put more into production is more so because their strategic needs lay elsewhere, not because it was unsafe.

Those that WERE put into production were used to airlift supplies to mountain divisions. The rotors being out on struts was Germany's solution to the "It won't stop spinning!" problem.
RedShocktrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-12, 23:59   Link #1228
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Old 2012-11-13, 01:19   Link #1229
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
I think making an anime with "unique" plot and story like this is quite a gamble. The chance of succeed and fail are almost equal. So, for the safety, they try it with 12-13 eps.

Good for them and for us, this show becomes the surprise hit of the season. BD/DVD preorder is about 4,200 right now and it will exceed Chuunibyou (about 4,600) soon.

Right now, there is a little chance that they will do the second second or the adaption of "Little Army" manga.
I don't think that there's very much risk with a 1-cour show since Strike Witches already proved that there's a market for this kind of show. A 2-cour show is a different matter since you'd need a lot of confidence to do that for an original anime.

I'd expect a sequel rather than retelling Miho's earlier adventures. The reason is twofold: there are going to be a large number of fans of the regular cast and they wouldn't show up in a prequel, and a properly told show should already tell us what we need to know about what happened to Miho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Yes, GuP is featured in the official site for the Ibaraki Prefectural Government.
I'm not surprised. The prefectures that were hit by the tsunami have been aggressive in pursuing tourism money. If Girls und Panzer can put Ooarai and Ibaraki into the consciousness of would-be travellers, the governments will jump at the opportunity.

Quote:
Maybe, maybe, but I get the feeling that, by the end of the 1-cour show, I'm not going to feel like they've given me enough of it. Unless something significantly changes, I'm going to still want more when this is over.
The flip side is that it's sort of nice to finish a show that leaves you hungry for more. I'd also imagine that a fewer number of episodes means that we'll have more unique and interesting battles. And battles are really the main draw for this show.

Given more episodes, we probably would have had seen more from the other characters, and they'd talk more about the individual tanks. I don't recall even really obvious tidbits like how Shermans utterly overpower the Ooarai AFVs being talked about in the show.
Old 2012-11-13, 12:35   Link #1230
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
I don't think that there's very much risk with a 1-cour show since Strike Witches already proved that there's a market for this kind of show. A 2-cour show is a different matter since you'd need a lot of confidence to do that for an original anime.
Yeah, and look @ strike witches. I had mixed feelings when the original series premiered. But damn, two full seasons and a movie, and I still haven't watched the damn thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
I'm not surprised. The prefectures that were hit by the tsunami have been aggressive in pursuing tourism money. If Girls und Panzer can put Ooarai and Ibaraki into the consciousness of would-be travellers, the governments will jump at the opportunity.
Now they need to have a mockup Panzer IV rolling around town!!

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-13, 12:43   Link #1231
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Now they need to have a mockup Panzer IV rolling around town!!

- Tak
Why settle for a mockup?
Old 2012-11-13, 12:56   Link #1232
Tak

Quote:
Why settle for a mockup?
Hey, I am all for the real thing, but ya know... you can count restored IVs pretty much on one hand and they can cost you an arm or leg or the life of your first born

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2012-11-13, 14:20   Link #1233
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Old 2012-11-13, 14:50   Link #1234
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
Seiyuu joke.
Old 2012-11-13, 16:47   Link #1235
gaiar31

I forget for along time ...same seiyu.........
gaiar31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-13, 18:07   Link #1236
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Hey, I am all for the real thing, but ya know... you can count restored IVs pretty much on one hand and they can cost you an arm or leg or the life of your first born

- Tak
Why don't someone just make 1:1 size replica tanks out of aluminium and fibreglass?

I mean, we are talking about old tanks here. Not that high tech by modern standards. And the blueprints are still around right?

I am sure there is a market for these things.
Old 2012-11-13, 18:39   Link #1237
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Why don't someone just make 1:1 size replica tanks out of aluminium and fibreglass?

I mean, we are talking about old tanks here. Not that high tech by modern standards. And the blueprints are still around right?

That would basically be the mockup he suggested. With modern technology I'm sure something lightweight with cheaper materials could be constructed without being prohibitively expensive. I just don't think it would have quite the same imposing presence as the real beast, though.
Old 2012-11-13, 18:59   Link #1238
Tak

Well, I was actually thinking of using a tractor as a base and then add steel plates on there for a more accurate mockup. Unfortunately, even the cheapest would go at a minimum... in the United States, for around $50,000. Now... they can easily purchase an operational T-34 for around $30k, and customize it however they want. Besides, Russia is closer!!

Quote:
Quote:
That would basically be the mockup he suggested. With modern technology I'm sure something lightweight with cheaper materials could be constructed without being prohibitively expensive. I just don't think it would have quite the same imposing presence as the real beast, though.
- Tak

Old 2012-11-13, 19:01   Link #1239
Hata
時の異邦人

Quote:

here is a Japanese self built scaled Panzer III.
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=4c0_1306338710

for things like this, farmers (who has the tools, times, and skill) are the one to go, I used to have a link of a Russian farmer who built all kind of WWII 1X1 scale tank from tractor parts, so good that he was contracted to do the props for the various Russian war movies, including the latest movie about a haunted white Tiger?
Old 2012-11-13, 19:12   Link #1240
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hata View Post
here is a Japanese self built scaled Panzer III.
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=4c0_1306338710
A scaled version would work. Unfortunately, it'd kill authenticity

There is of course... a concern. A 1:1 scale Panzer IV just wouldn't fit within the usual confinements of common Japanese streets, let a alone a place like Ooarai.

Doesn't mean I am giving up on the chances of seeing one, though

- Tak

Tags
comedy, gup, original anime, slice of life, sports, tanks