AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Accel World

Notices

Old 2013-02-22, 07:10   Link #2321
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
I'd rather they translated the light novels, which not only reveal more, but also actually advance the story.

The OVAs are filler, and don't even need a translation to get the basic idea.

In the first, someone is causing trouble on the interwebs, and Nega Nebulous takes her out.

In the second, the school is requiring Haruyuki to shape up in time for the annual health inspection, so his friends helpfully put him through a program of exercise and healthier eating.

Yeah, it would certainly be nice to have them translated, but the light novels are far meatier.

The only thing better than that would be a translated second season of Accel World anime.
Two different groups translating two different forms of media.

Never read the LN so I want everything I can get from the anime, as long as I find it entertaining.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 12:44   Link #2322
Sunder the Gold

So, what are some special abilties that can help distinguish one Blue avatar from another?

In the non-ability department, Blues can be distinguished by their bodies. All of them are going to be loaded with muscle-mass, which makes them stronger, faster, heavier and harder to damage... but there are still differences.

Size, for example. Some will be small, which means carrying thinner armor and packing less total muscle mass, but concentrating their force into a more efficient package. Higher speed, better agility, better "piercing" damage with small fists delivering strong impacts.

Some will be large, which means carrying thicker armor and packing more total muscle mass, but being slowed down by the extra mass, needing to watch their step on fragile ground, being an easier target to hit, having larger blindspots and openings in their defense. On the other hand, more mass means heavier blows, and greater size provides superior reach and leverage.

Some Blues will have more or less armor than usual for their size, reducing agility in return for greater toughness, or vice versa.

But again, what about special abilities?

Appropriately, Blue Knight has perhaps the quintessential Blue abilities -- the power to push his body for greater speed and strength (I presume) and the power to ignore pain. These are abilities for rushing head-long into a fight and trading mighty blows until one opponent is dead. Live and die by the sword.

But we know nothing about his Special Moves, and he has to have at least one. What do you think it might be?

What are other Special Moves which seem appropriate to Blue avatars?

Lagoon Dolphin
Appears to be of middling size and below-average armor. The only known special ability is to shapechange into a form better suited for swimming. The only known special attack is a flurry of projected energy punches, called Tidal Wave.

Sky Raker
Appears to be of middling size and light armor. Her special ability is embodied in the Gale Thruster. Her special attack is unknown, but possibly related to kicking with her powerful legs. Without a doubt very fast on her feet, when she has legs.

Blue Knight
Appears to be of greater size and very heavy armor. Other attributes already mentioned in post above.

Cyan Pile
Greater size and heavy armor, though neither as much as Blue Knight. Living proof that Blue avatars have the muscle strength to manage good footspeed despite being weighted down by considerable armor. His special ability is embodied in the Pile Driver, with its extending stake. His special moves are Lightning Cyan Spike, Splash Stinger and Spiral Gravity Driver.

Powder Bear
Greater size, moderate armor. His forearms contain pistons for extending his fists with great projection force, but very short range. No other known abilities.

(Unknown Yellow Legionaire, looked to be wearing a martial arts gi)
Great size, considerable girth, very heavy armor. Abilities unknown.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-02-24 at 22:07. Reason: please edit rather than double posting
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 13:07   Link #2323
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

To be strict about it, the Blade sisters are metal-colour avatars, they don't really belong there.

That aside, Knight's special move. I'm thinking along the lines of Two-Handed sword skill 'Avalanche' maybe? In exchange for long startup and cooldown (during which Pain Endure helps), anything caught by his sword is crushed, possibly ignoring buffs.

Either standard SAO sword skills, or Limit Breaks, is as far as I can imagine.
Tusjecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 13:52   Link #2324
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by tusjecht View Post
To be strict about it, the Blade sisters are metal-colour avatars, they don't really belong there.
Oops, forgot. Deleted.

It doesn't help the confusion that both of them are blue and have swords.
Old 2013-02-25, 12:06   Link #2325
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Quote:
Oops, forgot. Deleted.

It doesn't help the confusion that both of them are blue and have swords.
Minor detail anyway.

Quote:
Blue Knight has the metallic Blade sisters. He might have a higher-ranked second in command, but so far they seem to the only ones filling the role.

Spoiler for Off-topic:
I'd really like to know more about that relationship. Is he the parent of either one, are either of the sisters the other's child? Do they compete for his affections, or are they willing to share him, and how does he feel about them in return? Given that their level is lower than Sky Raker's, how long have they served under the Blue King, and did he have any second in command before their time?
Blue Knight was likely to be one of the Originators, the first 100 children to get BB. When some of them advanced to Level 2, they were granted the Parent privilege - passing on the program to others. A note though:

Spoiler for 1st gen parents:

So, I've forgotten if Knight is indeed an originator, but if he is, then he can possibly be the Parent of both Blade sisters.
Old 2013-02-25, 13:12   Link #2326
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I want to remind everyone that this is the anime general discussion thread, so novel details do not belong in this space. Please go to the novel thread instead for that.
Old 2013-03-13, 02:37   Link #2327
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
I forget, how many light novels did season 1 cover so far?
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-13, 02:40   Link #2328
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post
I forget, how many light novels did season 1 cover so far?
4 and two-thirds. Volumes 1-4 were fully animated, and two of the three side stories in V10 Elements were animated and inserted in chronological order.
Old 2013-03-13, 03:47   Link #2329
Shiyumi

Quote:

It takes 200 points just to reach Level 2! That's the equivalent of retiring two other Burst Linkers from the game completely. Those are 200 points GONE from the economy, which your opponents will never be able to win back from you.
It require 300 point actually.
Shiyumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-13, 10:49   Link #2330
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiyumi View Post
It require 300 point actually.
So you need to retire THREE other Burst Linkers just to reach Level 2. And those are points that the community never gets back. Not without creating three new Burst Linkers.

Which is hard, if the three you retired hadn't shared their copies yet.

New Burst Linkers are the most vulnerable and most tempting targets to pre-4 Linkers (who form the majority of the Brain Burst community). But new players are also the largest body of potential Parents. Their own Parents used up their one chance in creating them, and can't make any more.

And when those new Linkers are retired, they can't make any new Children. Their Parent's lineage ends with them.

Only the endless fertility privilege granted to the Originators who first recieved the program could possibly explain how the Brain Burst community grew and has since remained somewhat stable.

But since most of the Kings are Originators, that just provides one more reason why their Legions are supreme. Because the Blue, Purple, Green, and White Kings can make more legionairies.

This an advantage denied to Black Lotus, Scarlet Rain and Crimson Kingbolt. Thankfully, also to Yellow Radio, unless that chart is wrong.
Old 2013-03-13, 19:11   Link #2331
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Not necessarily, it has never been mentioned that only primary coloured guys were originators.
Old 2013-03-13, 20:32   Link #2332
Sunder the Gold

Considering that Black Lotus was second generation? Obviously not.

And since there were only seven Kings of Pure Color, and only eight possible pure chromatic colors, obviously there were lots of Originators with "impure" colors. I never said otherwise.

But, it is true that only the four or five originators of Pure Color went on to make huge, powerful legions through a combination of high level, personal possession of an Arc, and the power to keep making new followers.

The Black Legion was (and still is) the smallest and most easily destroyed precisely because KYH couldn't simply make new members. If any other King (except possibly Radio) had been driven into hiding, they could have immediately begun recruiting and rebuilding membership in their high school. KYH could only sit twiddling her thumbs for two years (2000 accelerated years) until she took her one shot at gaining one single member.

She's enormously lucky that it turned out to be Haruyuki, who turned out to be Silver Crow, who was able to recruit Cyan Pile, who hadn't yet created a Child, who created Lime Bell. And that Silver Crow met Ash Roller, who introduced him to former member legend Sky Raker, who taught him Incarnate Skills, who decided to rejoin...

It's a long string of fortune, and it's still giving Black Lotus only the slimmest of fighting chances in this war.
Old 2013-03-13, 23:07   Link #2333
Shiyumi

I want a spin-off about Crikin build his own kingdom. His fortune meter even higher than Lotus.
Old 2013-03-14, 05:16   Link #2334
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiyumi View Post
I want a spin-off about Crikin build his own kingdom. His fortune meter even higher than Lotus.
I wouldn't mind that, either.

It would be much more Slice of Life than action-adventure, though, since they have no other Burst Linkers for enemies any more.

The story could also use that Fertility God boss idea of mine, so that Crikin can make more Children.

...Hmm. I wonder if Matchmaker, able to maintain a small legion with Yellow Radio's territory, is himself an Originator. It would definitely help him in gathering those bodyguard/bouncers of his.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-03-14 at 16:32. Reason: Please don't double-post
Old 2013-03-14, 05:37   Link #2335
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

We'll see if author ever expands with SS on the other legions besides NN and Prominence. it would definitely help ground speculation with OC creation on one hand, but also lend his ideas more depth..

And explain Dusk Taker for a start. We couldn't come to a conclusion over his original skillset in the other threads.
Old 2013-03-14, 09:43   Link #2336
Shiyumi

I believe that Dusk Taker has no skill other than DC. Also after re-read some info I have general ideals about Avatar's skill and potential. We can discuss it in spoiler thread if you want.
Old 2013-03-14, 09:44   Link #2337
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Right, before Relentless comes back.
Old 2013-03-14, 10:51   Link #2338
Shiyumi

Quote:
I wouldn't mind that, either.

It would be much more Slice of Life than action-adventure, though, since they have no other Burst Linkers for enemies any more.

The story could also use that Fertility God boss idea of mine, so that Crikin can make more Children.
There are chances that Crikin will able to build his own loli harem. Dream and hope aside, if Crikin actually build his legion, they will have massive potential. A legion of a same lineage, every members is children and were friend with each others, have an shaman and a natural born fighter. They can duel without hard feeling and worried about losing BB. Their main strength is fighting as an army since they usually fight against Enemy together. They accustom fighting against Enemy so with enough members they can fight against Legendary. Then: win-get rare drop-repeat.
Old 2013-03-14, 12:38   Link #2339
Sunder the Gold

Yeah, I said much the same thing in the Brain Burst Rules speculation thread.

Mana woukd make for an awesome replacement for an Originator's candidate-testing program.
Old 2013-03-14, 20:51   Link #2340
Shiyumi

There are any chances you or tusjecht write a fan-fic about it.

Tags
action, cyberpunk, harem, sci-fi, shounen