AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-11-13, 11:32   Link #61
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Seems that the translation might take some time, I've tried looking around and can't find anything.
Old 2006-11-13, 12:08   Link #62
Kikaifan
Blazing General

I get false hopes every time I see a new post on this thread. Of course, I'm probably doing the same thing to someone else right now...
Old 2006-11-13, 15:07   Link #63
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woden View Post
Has anyone had any luck finding a complete English translation of chapter 2? I've found two pages, but not the whole thing.
The Only Translation Scans i have found are Fakes :/
Old 2006-11-23, 22:01   Link #64
Maximum Burst
Intelligent Device

It seems that someone has gracefully begun a translation. Only half has been posted so far. Also, I was incorrect earlier in thinking that the "beat up Nanoha" scene was Vita's imagination; it actually happened O_O.

- - - -
- - - -
- - - -
- - - -
- - -

Last edited by Maximum Burst; 2006-11-24 at 01:16. Reason: Updating the translation
Old 2006-11-23, 22:41   Link #65
Kikaifan
Blazing General

MB has earned my eternal unthinking sycophantic gratitude.

It's nice to see that the Knights have gained some independence from Hayate, as children should from a parent.

The alarmist in me is... well, alarmed by all that sudden character development followed by a mysterious probable threat, but there's no way they'd kill off characters in the pre-season manga so I suppose I can rest easy.
Old 2006-11-24, 00:59   Link #66
Maximum Burst
Intelligent Device

Well, here's a link to the megaupload for the translation.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=88SGIMYT

I will fix my above post accordingly, so that on the day the megaupload dies, it'll still live here.

Translation and editing credit goes to whatever anonymous people did this. I am simply the go-between lol.

Last edited by Maximum Burst; 2006-11-24 at 01:17.
Old 2006-11-24, 03:14   Link #67
Bloodseeker

The knowledgable instructor thing fits Nanoha pretty well. So they're going to start calling Reinforce "Rein" now?

So not only did Arf turn loli, they're going to make Shamal look like an old woman?

Nanoha and Vita are buddies now? "Smiling and laughing" doesn't really fit Vita's character from what we saw in A's...
Old 2006-11-24, 03:37   Link #68
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Though in the flashback where she describes herself as 'smiling and laughing' she just looks pissed-off.

Also: "I should have noticed before anyone else." Could just be generic guilt, but could point to some kind of trouble with other Belkans or the Knights themselves.

Minor thing, but it's interesting to me that the Knights consider themselves ancient. Since their memories of their previous incarnations don't seem very intact and their emotional lives more or less began with A's I'd have thought otherwise.
Old 2006-11-24, 03:58   Link #69
Bloodseeker

I was under the impression that the only thing that they couldn't remember was what happened before the Book of Darkness was corrupted, and the time periods right before the BoD was activated and while it was going berserk. They seemed to remember their past masters pretty well, its just that all of them up until Hayate treated them like tools instead of people, and they never had a chance to relax and enjoy a somewhat normal life. They've definitely had plenty of time to observe combat, politics (no doubt that they've been acquired by power-hungry politicians multiple times), and the darker side of people in general.
Old 2006-11-24, 04:15   Link #70
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Agreed, but I'd thought that the disconnect between each incarnation where the Book is awakened and lost and Chrono's description of them as emotionless in their previous iterations would serve to distinguish their current lives from what they know of their pasts.

Then again, it's very possible that they weren't emotionless before A's and were just always subordinating their feelings to the execution of their duties, and I've no ground to stand on at all. Not that it matters now that Vita's weighed in.
Old 2006-11-24, 04:29   Link #71
Bloodseeker

That's what I thought.

Though its also possible that their master might have some measure of control over how free or how submissive they are. In Hayate's case, she wanted them to be their own people, but maybe their previous masters wanted tools, so they were essentially slaves trapped in their own heads, with just enough freedom to get the job assigned to them done as efficiently as possible.
Old 2006-11-24, 09:33   Link #72
Maximum Burst
Intelligent Device

As much as I like Vita's current form, I'm curious as to how she will look in when she uses transformation magic to age herself. Vita seems to have a normal view on looks, so she'll probably make herself "healthy" . I'd much prefer it if she adopted Louise's figure from Zero no Tsukaima lol.
Old 2006-11-27, 05:44   Link #73
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximum Burst View Post
As much as I like Vita's current form, I'm curious as to how she will look in when she uses transformation magic to age herself. Vita seems to have a normal view on looks, so she'll probably make herself "healthy" . I'd much prefer it if she adopted Louise's figure from Zero no Tsukaima lol.
*Imagines* Hmm..."Très Bien"

Though, in the "filling the holes in A's" manga I remeber the chapter where they explained the knight's alibi when they were collecting pages of YnS.
Signum was a sensei in a kendo dojo, Vita helped the elders in their croquet games. Shamal would meet with the neighborhood wives to chat, Zafira would simply follow one of them.

It seems Vita's alibi was confirmed in the last A's to StrikerS phase, I wonder if the others really did that in their "free time".
Old 2006-11-27, 12:21   Link #74
Maximum Burst
Intelligent Device

I think I'm the only one here who hasn't read the A's manga yet ; ;

I can't say I'm surprised that Vita plays croquet. Now I'm imagining HOW she plays...jeez. I can just see her yelling, "Cartridge Load!" when she's frustrated, and then realizing her situation .
Old 2006-11-27, 15:28   Link #75
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

She probably goes all-out aggressive on the croquet ball, it's her style.

...and for some reason I keep picturing Vita in Loise's clothes.

Last edited by FlameSparkZ; 2006-11-30 at 04:43.
Old 2006-12-02, 10:24   Link #76
ppc123

Here comes the third episode.... (not translated)
http://yukiplace.googlepages.com/s3.html
Old 2006-12-02, 12:24   Link #77
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Nanoha using a Hyper Mega Cannon.... O_O;

So, can anybody give a short summary of the chapter?

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2006-12-02, 12:25   Link #78
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
yay for the raws.

It seems to be a job well done party for the nanoha team, with the gang disscussing work details in TSAB.

I wonder who that girl is in the end of chapter, need to wait for a chinese or english translation i guess

Quote:
Nanoha using a Hyper Mega Cannon.... O_O;
She will make alot of friends
Old 2006-12-02, 12:41   Link #79
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
So this is the 3rd and last Chapter of A's to StrikerS
Not Bad
A good Party
Some Discussions
Two new Character?

See you on StrikerS
Can't Wait ^^
Old 2006-12-02, 12:48   Link #80
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darco_emp
She will make alot of friends
So she'll be the most popular girl in the universe if she uses the Ideon Gun?

And it seems those Loli lovers out there need not worry, because of the new characters coming in. The new characters seem like new recruits or something, but we'll find that out in Strikers.

Can anyone read those words on the box on the third to the last page?

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Closed Thread

Tags
adventure, manga, nanoha, seinen