AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2022-01-18, 10:24   Link #341
XFire
150% done

Oh boy. I almost think this one might end up driving people crazier than the others seeing as it's a "positive" representation of slavery.
Old 2022-01-20, 09:06   Link #342
Kadmos1
≠epic failure

Quote:
Originally Posted by VooXoo View Post
Picture me surprised.
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/dai...s-year/.181647
I guess that after Isekai Reviewer and Redo of Healer seeing anime with a lot of sexual contnt is not so weird, in Slave Harem that is like half of the content, maybe a little less.
I would even like them being skipped, more story content for the fans.
With some luck the anime will get more people on the serie and maybe we could start to see LN translations speed up.
With IS, I don't know why Funi decided to drop it considering they have had boundary-pushing titles before. With RoH, personally I think the trope of rape-revenge and raping your rapist-type tropes should have never existed and thus RoH should have not been made. However, there is a market for even titles that I consider "detestable".
Old 2022-01-20, 12:45   Link #343
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadmos1 View Post
With RoH, personally I think the trope of rape-revenge and raping your rapist-type tropes should have never existed and thus RoH should have not been made. However, there is a market for even titles that I consider "detestable".
There's a Youtube interview with RoH's author who talks about why he wrote it as a rape-revenge title. Basically it was to ensure RoH could stand out from the crowd so it could appeal and sell.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5sr-xdN13I&t
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-20, 19:59   Link #344
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Oh boy. I almost think this one might end up driving people crazier than the others seeing as it's a "positive" representation of slavery.
It's not at all subtle about pandering to male fantasies / wish fulfilment. I much prefer it to certain other series with questionable content though. Not that I'd actually say it's a good series.

The thing I like about it that's a bit subtle though is that it actually feels somewhat realistic in context: MC ends up in fantasy RPG world with OP equipment. But, in such a scenario he's at a lot of risk if he teams up with people who could then backstab him. In short, he's isolated and it would be potentially fatal for him to make a mistake. So one option would be to do everything solo, which has its own risks of course. The option he goes with is to buy magically enforced slaves as combat companions - meaning he has the safety in numbers benefit without the risk that they can backstab him. And of course if he buys female slaves he can bang them as well. And since he's told that they agreed to be sex slaves in advance, then consent isn't an issue (though I'd say this justification is extremely flimsy).

If you were in his situation, is there actually a "better" option for him? (An option that maximises his safety and happiness). I guess you could argue that trying to get a desk job would be safer than dungeon crawling, but IIRC he can't read and write the language so given the setting I don't think that's be practical.

The problem though is that it's a very flat sort of story. The character interactions are rather limited due to the scenario and it becomes "rinse and repeat" quite quickly.
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-20, 21:56   Link #345
BCMan5388

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadmos1 View Post
With IS, I don't know why Funi decided to drop it considering they have had boundary-pushing titles before.
Just for the record, Interspecies Reviewers pushed boundaries far beyond anything Funimation, Crunchyroll, Sentai Filmworks, or Aniplex of America ever licensed before/since.

As for Slave Harem, I seriously doubt it'll even go RoH-type far, let alone IR-type far. If the manga is any indication, compared to the other two, Slave Harem is tame.
BCMan5388 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cheat, furry, harem, level system, slave