AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

Old 2007-04-18, 12:41   Link #1321
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Spoiler for loli yuri ecchi:
Old 2007-04-18, 13:12   Link #1322
Meatrose
Antihero

Oh btw... did [a.f.k.] go AFK for good? Or perhaps I missed something. =P
Old 2007-04-18, 13:29   Link #1323
Narumi
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
Overall though, I would still go with the a.f.k. version, because they have a really great translation, and the official lyrics for the OP song as well.
The official lyrics probably won't be available until the single is released in May.
Old 2007-04-18, 13:38   Link #1324
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full_Metal_Meatrose View Post
Why? Was there an announcement or something? They don't have a website or forum I know of -- and I usually avoid IRC channels of fansub groups unless I seriously can't get a file through torrents.

If you're wondering why they haven't released ep 2...
1) its been less than a week.
2) they usually stew over their translation and processing longer before releasing anyway.
Old 2007-04-18, 13:39   Link #1325
NaweG
Just some guy

I don't know, having seen the latest LC .avi release, I think their translation of the OP is probably closer to the spirit of the song. In fact, with the fix to their font, their episode 2 subbing was pretty high quality.

IMHO, FWIW, YMMV, etc.
Old 2007-04-18, 13:52   Link #1326
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Kyuusai Send a message via MSN to Kyuusai Send a message via Yahoo to Kyuusai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narumi View Post
The official lyrics probably won't be available until the single is released in May.
I am utterly ashamed to admit that the thought of having to wait until May makes me meloncholy. Almost as ashamed as I am to admit that I'll be obtaining it in the first place.
Kyuusai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 14:41   Link #1327
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaweG View Post
I don't know, having seen the latest LC .avi release, I think their translation of the OP is probably closer to the spirit of the song. In fact, with the fix to their font, their episode 2 subbing was pretty high quality.

IMHO, FWIW, YMMV, etc.
I'm still evaluating which of the translations I like best... I'm resigned to downloading each episode 2-4 times til I'm comfortable with one group's work.
LC has improved so much I hope they go back and redo the first few eps...

The biggest win for a fansub group is if I purchase the eventually licensed product but continue to watch their sub of the series because I like the translation better than I like the additional video quality .
Old 2007-04-18, 15:38   Link #1328
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full_Metal_Meatrose View Post
Wow, not releasing for 4 days and already considered dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaweG View Post

IMHO, FWIW, YMMV, etc.
I'm getting their episode 2 avi for comparison now, but their translation of the op (for the ep 1 & ep 2 mkv) has been the most incorrect thus far out of all the groups. It does not even make sense or come close to matching what they put for the Japanese lyrics.

Edit: What they put for the japanese lyrics is impossible and doesn't make sense either.
Edit2: Lyrics haven't changed. The clearly translated a set of lyrics (which I know exactly which ones they are and my analysis of the translation remains the same) which are differen't from the ones they karaoked.

Last edited by bayoab; 2007-04-18 at 16:03.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 15:51   Link #1329
Michael Hopcroft
Embarrassed!

Send a message via AIM to Michael Hopcroft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyaa the Catlord View Post
Um, am I the only one who got serious pings on the gaydar from Kagami and Konata during the "sick visit" segment?
I get the impression that once Konata learns how to approach real sex, she'd go after anything on two legs of either gender that appealed to her.
Old 2007-04-18, 15:58   Link #1330
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riker View Post
Lucky☆Ai
Lucky☆Hana Ichigo
Lucky☆Patchouli
Lucky☆Haruhi
Melon pan!
Now all we need is Lucky☆Lina Inverse!

CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 16:04   Link #1331
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Hopcroft View Post
I get the impression that once Konata learns how to approach real sex, she'd go after anything on two legs of either gender that appealed to her.
lol that reminds me of how mikuru was "taken in" by haruhi to be forever molested (they do share some characteristic traits too ~)

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 16:31   Link #1332
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Much thanks Kira...Felt the need to get something alittle more matching to skane's awesome avy.

And yea A.F.K. may not be the fastest but their the one I always download after a speedsub. Plus im not sure why but the font/color LC used for episode 2 bothered my eyes abit to read...not sure why.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 16:34   Link #1333
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I wouldn't be surprised at Kona being a generalized cuddler for some reason... though at least for now its purely speculation.
Old 2007-04-18, 16:48   Link #1334
Michael Hopcroft
Embarrassed!

Send a message via AIM to Michael Hopcroft
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
Now all we need is Lucky☆Lina Inverse!

I think Kona might actually play Lina at a con somewhere. Or cosplay as her.

Of course, if Konata were roleplaying Lina Inverse and the series were written that way it would be weird.

Quote:
Zelgadis: So, Gourry, your new armor comes without trousers?
Gourry: Afraid so. Apparently it saves time.
(At that moment Kona/Lina tackles Gourry and drags him off into the woods, followed by some extremely odd noises.)
Amelia: You know, you should consider that....
Zelgadis: No.
Amelia: Guess I'll have to learn to unwrap then.
Zelgadis: *GULP!*
Old 2007-04-18, 18:46   Link #1335
~Tsukuyomi
[- Caramelldansen Spam -]

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
anyone else gonna make a kona-chan sig? Badly want one~~!! XD
If there is any more high quality screenshot, then I'll make some for you and me...
~Tsukuyomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 20:49   Link #1336
JediNight
キズランダム

a.f.k. is part of the "Oldguard" fansub groups. If you want speedsubs from them, you won't get em. They take their time and release it when it's right and ready.

As for the song: As I said before, April Animage magazine has the Spring lyrics booklet every year, and I'm sure they have the lyrics for the OP in it. And even if a.f.k. doesn't have the official lyrics, they're REALLY close then.

I have an exceptionally sharp ear for listening, and do some translation myself, and I agree with a.f.k. on everything I could hear. (There are a few words here and there in the song that just are garbled/flown over too quickly to ever comprehend)

The song is basically flipping between a bunch of different conversations that you would have with your friends. There IS a pattern of thought to the lyrics, it's not completely random/non-sensical if you think about it from a context of girls in HS. The only thing thats a bit on its own is how they work in the theme of "Lucky" into the song in parts.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 21:23   Link #1337
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

. .

CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 21:31   Link #1338
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
I have an exceptionally sharp ear for listening, and do some translation myself, and I agree with a.f.k. on everything I could hear. (There are a few words here and there in the song that just are garbled/flown over too quickly to ever comprehend)
I don't watch the subs myself but there IS a thread on Syu's quiz blog that lists some crack attempts at the lyrics, I'd say they're pretty close there.
http://www.syu-ta.com/blog/2007/04/10/215408.shtml
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 21:52   Link #1339
bayoab

Quote:
As for the song: As I said before, April Animage magazine has the Spring lyrics booklet every year, and I'm sure they have the lyrics for the OP in it. And even if a.f.k. doesn't have the official lyrics, they're REALLY close then.
Animage didn't run the book last year from what I could find. That is unless it was in some later volume from normal. Animedia doesn't have Lucky Star (already got that confirmed) in theirs which is already out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y View Post
I don't watch the subs myself but there IS a thread on Syu's quiz blog that lists some crack attempts at the lyrics, I'd say they're pretty close there.
http://www.syu-ta.com/blog/2007/04/10/215408.shtml
There is also the site to make the song #1 on Oricon which has attempts at the lyrics (which change almost daily).
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 21:56   Link #1340
Nemo_N
Anime Leecher

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
Requesting Hi-Res scan of this! For great justice!

(Poor Kagami )
Nemo_N is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, comptiq, kadokawa, school life, seinen