AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

Old 2007-04-20, 09:56   Link #1501
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun-Ku View Post
Well that is NOTHING if you take Gundam Wing in Consideration. What was ist? Hero with the same clothes for 50 Eps?
Yeah, but that's only because his clothes were part of his character design (and also according to legend, his shirt is woven with Gundanium threads and as such was almost as indestructabe as he was.)

Kona-chan actualy do own many different clothes. The fact that she kept wearing the same shirt for four days would have passed unnoticed, except for the fact that everyone else in the same time period updated their clothes daily!
Old 2007-04-20, 10:40   Link #1502
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Well, the manga shows all of them (even Kona) wearing quite a lot of different clothes... but Kona clearly has at least one set of "sluffing around the house at the computer" set of favorite fuzzy wear.
Old 2007-04-20, 10:55   Link #1503
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Well, the manga shows all of them (even Kona) wearing quite a lot of different clothes... but Kona clearly has at least one set of "sluffing around the house at the computer" set of favorite fuzzy wear.
As I mentioned, this would be plausable except she weared it out to visit her friend's house! After not washing it for four days...
Old 2007-04-20, 11:38   Link #1504
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

WOW!!! Lucky Star has a page of it's own!!! Whooo~~~!!! Nice one!

What will happen to older images here posted? Will it be posted in the image section or we can repost them again? ???
Old 2007-04-20, 11:41   Link #1505
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Yeah, but that's only because his clothes were part of his character design (and also according to legend, his shirt is woven with Gundanium threads and as such was almost as indestructabe as he was.)
We can say the same about Ryo Saeba or Kenshiro or any staples from the big classics.
I assume it was a time we did not care so much for our protagonists's fashion sense.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 12:02   Link #1506
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Hey...Kenshiro wears some bad ass dress way back then, even today he's getting cooler, bigger and buffer.

DADADADADDA VS ATATATATATATATAH!!! Kona-chan~~ FTW!!!
Old 2007-04-20, 12:03   Link #1507
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
There you go, patience is a virtue people. Just as I thought Kanon also got swapped out too. That's the price to pay, but it also makes sense. When everybody suddenly has the same series avatar you know its time to act. Though I don't know if its popular in the sense that people think its a masterpiece so much in the sense that it has that Kyoto Animation flair for meme's and discussion therof. Kind of like what Nightengale said, you can't fail when you always do exactly what your fans want. It's a good relationship I guess, but like Nightengale also said it has its drawbacks. It works though.

I'd also like to thank Skane for making this so I can put it to good use. No problem with a good self-ribbing. Hopefully he doesn't mind.

Vallen, I'm a lunatic? Is that in the "Crazy" wacky way or the "CRAZY!" psycopath way?

Also in case people are wondering I have 11% of the posts made thus far in this thread or 7 pages worth total and growing exponentially by the episode. What happens if I up and leave? Before people want to go and accuse me of hating on the series and wanting to see it die out of a long dead vendetta against moe, think of how far that went in contributing to the show getting its own board.

I am also glad because now the series has its own image board, where all the goofy pictures and knockoffs of pictures can go. I expect that thread to be larger than the series thread before long and its good that it will remain seperate from the main discussions. So there everybody wins.

Now everybody commence the discussion of Gundam Wing. I mean, Hokuto No Ken....er what was this series called again. City Hunter....no that's not it .

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-04-20 at 15:20.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 12:06   Link #1508
JediNight
キズランダム

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
As I mentioned, this would be plausable except she weared it out to visit her friend's house! After not washing it for four days...
As Devil's advocate here: How dirty could it possibly get? She's sitting in front of a computer for 4 days. Ask any food-service worker how often they wash their work-polo... (I'll tell you now, the average isn't gonna be anything less than 3 days unless they're a neat freak)
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 12:30   Link #1509
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Hey...Kenshiro wears some bad ass dress way back then, even today he's getting cooler, bigger and buffer.
It is amazing how he get his clothes back, in a dystopic future, everytime he tears them off when he is pissed.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 13:04   Link #1510
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
Lucky Star sigs up for grabs:

I'll be taking this one, thank you!

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 16:14   Link #1511
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

I miss the "☆" in the title for this show now...:P
Mirrinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 22:44   Link #1512
mukansa monkey
Pink bug make Amu angry!

Double dumbutt on me.

Last edited by mukansa monkey; 2007-04-20 at 23:28. Reason: Moved OP info to appropriate subforum
mukansa monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 23:15   Link #1513
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukansa monkey View Post
Secondly, I'd reeeeally like the original words for the bridge section, where only their legs are visible. In particular, Miyuki's lines about looking for her glasses. Romanization pleez, I can't read Japanese.
Speaking of that section, have you noticed that everyone is the same height as Miyuki?

CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 23:18   Link #1514
mukansa monkey
Pink bug make Amu angry!

I'm a bit amused by all the debate over how many of the references inside L.S. are referring to other KyoAni productions/industry memes/culturalmemes/nothing at all really. One of the reasons I like their work is that they regularly have tidbits that exist on more than one level at once. Like the song lyric "So much mind on the matter/ The spirit gets forgotten about", or the phrase "fuer grissa ost drauka" ... or that bit from the OP, "seihin sanpi", there's a lot of stuff in here with multiple meanings that are distinct and equally valid.
Miyuki is terribly genki and kawaii. At the same time the show mocks her for causing such mo-e reactions in the viewers, even while she's appreciated for the exact same characteristics. Additionally, she has that anti-stereotype characteristic of being the extra-smart girl, a role usually played by bitter sarcastic pipsqueaks like Ruri from Nadesico. I think that's what I like best about shows like this and AzuDai, the parts where the characters go against the stereotypes they initially seem to fall into. Like Osaka's fascination with morbid topics, heheheh.

One last note: People are increasingly misconstruing the meaning of the word moe. It refers to an excessive fascination with something attractive. Line from a Japanese show: "Basically, I'm very moe about ankles." Limitations of translation apply, but the fact is that moe is a feeling generated in the audience. The character themselves might be terribly genkiand kawaii, but, um, moe is a feeling! It's not a subgenre of anime.
Old 2007-04-20, 23:21   Link #1515
mukansa monkey
Pink bug make Amu angry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
Speaking of that section, have you noticed that everyone is the same height as Miyuki?

Hmmm.. well her waistline is the only one that isn't visible in that shot,and her knees are higher up. I think the mistake is more that Konata isn't noticeable shorter than the rest of them.
Old 2007-04-20, 23:22   Link #1516
Telliamed
sensei no pet

(this should be in the music thread, perhaps?)

Have you seen wind's sub? Theirs seems a slight bit more sensible, though idiot me already tossed the file. Only thing I remember is during the talking bit you left out, there's a mention of "Drum Machine" where afk uses a RPG reference. And there's no "steel beater"/"iron wand" or whatever it is that I really don't understand what it could mean.

I disagree about the sexual connotation of the opening. Seems to me it's just a random absurdly genki parody of a cheer.
Telliamed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 23:35   Link #1517
mukansa monkey
Pink bug make Amu angry!

Yeah, I just moved my original post to the music forum. One note though, the sexual connotations are just in the first stanza, not the whole opening. A modest rephrasing of the first stanza produces:
Super-short skirt looks really good, doesn't it? Although old-style uniforms are a turn-off. Go for it, give it all you got! Make sure you put it back in after you take it out. Sweat (hoo) sweat (hoo), and shout Darling darling please!

:coughs: That seems pretty obvious to me.
Old 2007-04-20, 23:42   Link #1518
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
It is amazing how he get his clothes back, in a dystopic future, everytime he tears them off when he is pissed.
God I love that show. It's more like his clothes actually explode off. I had always wondered that too about them being back in the next episode. Best not to think about it actually.

What I have considered is how marketable a Konata's limited edition used shirt item might be as a piece of merchandise. I think there are just enough creeps and fans with bizarre tastes out there that might purchase such a thing. The question would be how would they make it and who would make it.

Those lyrics now amuse me because these are the things they say before doing there little march on Japan. World Domination perhaps through loli seduction.
Old 2007-04-20, 23:53   Link #1519
mukansa monkey
Pink bug make Amu angry!

I'm hoping that after Clannad, KyoAni decides to do a sci-fi mecha series. They'll call it Mad Nug, it'll have one male lead that is mindlessly exuberant and dedicated to the cause, and one male lead who's a whiny dog of a teenager that hates his father. Most of the plot will revolve around juvenile angst that is inexplicably solved by hopping into the mechs (that these boys have bizarro godlike abilities to pilot), and defeating the invading aliens by using their mech's secret weapons (that require activation by loudly yelling the proper command). They'll be supported by a ship's crew that consists entirely of stock KyoAni lolis.

Then Kaioshi-sama will finally love KyoAni for having made a completely original, non-derivative series.
Old 2007-04-21, 00:54   Link #1520
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukansa monkey View Post
I'm hoping that after Clannad, KyoAni decides to do a sci-fi mecha series. They'll call it Mad Nug, it'll have one male lead that is mindlessly exuberant and dedicated to the cause, and one male lead who's a whiny dog of a teenager that hates his father. Most of the plot will revolve around juvenile angst that is inexplicably solved by hopping into the mechs (that these boys have bizarro godlike abilities to pilot), and defeating the invading aliens by using their mech's secret weapons (that require activation by loudly yelling the proper command). They'll be supported by a ship's crew that consists entirely of stock KyoAni lolis.

Then Kaioshi-sama will finally love KyoAni for having made a completely original, non-derivative series.
You'v obviously never seen Armored Trooper Votoms, Escaflowne or Macross Plus have you. Not all Mecha series are like what you've just described. In fact I wouldn't even watch the series you just theorized because I would take it as an insult to the genre to be so uncreative. That's the typical attitude I see though is that mecha series can never be deep or intricate and always feature teenage angst and overpowered units. Mad Nug is also a terrible name for a series. Good god man come up with something better than that.

What brought this on anyway? I don't even remember saying anything relating to mecha in my last posts.

And good lord where the hell is everybody. They all just done gone and buggered off after the series gets its own board.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-04-21 at 01:12.

Tags
comedy, comptiq, kadokawa, school life, seinen