AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2009-09-14, 20:23   Link #2421
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

The translation issue has already been addressed and taken care of. Please do not cycle it with totally unrelated matters and the like.

As for my own position: ever since the infant stages of this project, we have always welcomed people to point out mistakes and the like.
Certainly, we are not always perfect, as is to be expected from a fan translation or even a commercial translation.
As we've always believed and even mentioned in our FAQ, external help and the like is never a problem.

However, we believe this would all be much faster and easier if these were mentioned through e-mail etc.
Old 2009-09-14, 20:29   Link #2422
fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
However, we believe this would all be much faster and easier if these were mentioned through e-mail etc.
I posted it here because someone else told me I should post it here. Though next time I suppose I'll use email (if there's a next time).
fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-14, 20:37   Link #2423
Dlanor .A. Nox
The Death!

I only found one mistake and it wasn't a big deal to me, I had a good little laugh but that was about it. I decided to look at ep 1 and there it was. I don't mind mistakes, although I wish I could help in anyway, my Japanese is how you say.....sucky to say the least. Oh well I guess I'll just remain an observer. Keep going at it, I'm rooting for ya.
Old 2009-09-15, 03:12   Link #2424
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fail View Post
I posted it here because someone else told me I should post it here. Though next time I suppose I'll use email (if there's a next time).
Why can't said person just come here themselves? It's much easier to settle matters with someone directly, and it's not hard to post on this forum.
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-15, 20:30   Link #2425
fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by k//eternal View Post
Why can't said person just come here themselves? It's much easier to settle matters with someone directly, and it's not hard to post on this forum.
Said person has no matters to settle with you. He's not the one who noticed this, he just pointed me towards here.
fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-15, 23:13   Link #2426
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Oh, okay then. I misinterpreted and thought you were acting as a messenger for someone else.

That being said, when the update patch is out, let us know if you find any remaining translation errors. It would be greatly appreciated
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-16, 08:14   Link #2427
KanonTheFurniture
Witch's Golden Breaker

I wasn't sure if I should post this here or on the Ubuntu forums, but I figured that I'd get more help here where i know there are Umineko fans who have installed the game on various operating systems, and on the Ubuntu forums my thread would probably be ignored or no one would really understand my problem.

I just purchased a copy of EP4 and have it running perfectly on my Vista desktop at home. It would however also be nice to have it on my laptop so I could play it on the go (I've got an hour and a half break between classes today; not enough time to get much work done, but it'd be great time to kill finishing EP2). Before I bought the game I had downloaded the EP1 demo and all it took to install on Linux was some drag and drop and then running the onscripter.exe in WINE. I was hoping it would be as easy for the rest, but it's not working very well. I found and followed an excellent tutorial here that got me through installing it in WINE and bringing me to this point:

Spoiler for screenshot:

But when I try to launch the game from the installer, nothing happens. When I try to launch the Japanese game from WINE, it runs, though the menu at the top displays boxes and the title of the window is garbled even though my Japanese language support is installed...and then, when I try to run the patch (because the game still runs and is fully playable in Japanese), it tells me there's an error or it can't find the background music files or something. Everything is in the right place, and the files are displayed with Japanese titles. The game works perfectly in Japanese, so why does onscripter tell me there's a problem? Is there any way I can fix this? I'd really like to be able to run Umineko on my laptop, and I just don't understand why the demo worked perfectly and even this is working fine in Japanese...I just can't work the patch.

Spoiler for another screenshot:

Any help would be appreciated...after hearing all the complaints about Rosa's scene in the Anime episode 11, and that being just about where I'm about to get in the VN, the idea of having to wait until I get home to see it is killing me.

Last edited by KanonTheFurniture; 2009-09-16 at 12:40.
KanonTheFurniture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-16, 09:48   Link #2428
KaitouM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcaz2 View Post
I have to admit, "Meanwhile, at Witch Hunt" is a pretty funny meme.

Though I do have to say I would like a % update too :|

Whatever you guys feel is best though.
Can someone explain this "Meanwhile, at witch hunt" business to me? Google isn't helping.
KaitouM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-16, 09:58   Link #2429
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by KanonTheFurniture View Post
I wasn't sure if I should post this here or on the Ubuntu forums, but I figured that I'd get more help here where i know there are Umineko fans who have installed the game on various operating systems, and on the Ubuntu forums my thread would probably be ignored or no one would really understand my problem.

I just purchased a copy of EP4 and have it running perfectly on my Vista desktop at home. It would however also be nice to have it on my laptop so I could play it on the go (I've got an hour and a half break between classes today; not enough time to get much work done, but it'd be great time to kill finishing EP2). Before I bought the game I had downloaded the EP1 demo and all it took to install on Linux was some drag and drop and then running the onscripter.exe in WINE. I was hoping it would be as easy for the rest, but it's not working very well. I found and followed an excellent tutorial here that got me through installing it in WINE and bringing me to this point:

Spoiler for screenshot:

But when I try to launch the game from the installer, nothing happens. When I try to launch the Japanese game from WINE, it runs, though the menu at the top displays boxes and the title of the window is garbled even though my Japanese language support is installed...and then, when I try to run the patch (because the game still runs and is fully playable in Japanese), it tells me there's an error or it can't find the background music files or something. Everything is in the right place, and the files are displayed with Japanese titles. The game works perfectly in Japanese, so why does onscripter tell me there's a problem? Is there any way I can fix this? I'd really like to be able to run Umineko on my laptop, and I just don't understand why the demo worked perfectly and even this is working fine in Japanese...I just can't work the patch.

Any help would be appreciated...after hearing all the complaints about Rosa's scene in the Anime episode 11, and that being just about where I'm about to get in the VN, the idea of having to wait until I get home to see it is killing me.
Are you sure every file is in the right place. To check, compare your installation's BGM, ME, SE, and sys_se folders with their corresponding folders in the DVD. Make sure you have everything.

If you still have the problem, I'm not sure what's the problem now.
Christen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-16, 12:23   Link #2430
Leinne
Who... am I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaitouM View Post
Can someone explain this "Meanwhile, at witch hunt" business to me? Google isn't helping.
If you look in /jp/ version of 4chan, thre are sometimes threads with Witch-HUnt unchanged process and call it ''Meanwhile at with-hunt'', then this derives in posting images of what Witch-Hunt are doing with the say meme. Try doing one and then you'll understnad why it is so popular
Leinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-16, 13:45   Link #2431
Roto

Quote:
Originally Posted by KanonTheFurniture View Post
Here is a recent build of onscripter-en for Linux, which will allow you to run the game without using WINE:

http://roto1.net/onscripter/files/on...090902.tar.bz2

To use it, create a directory on your machine and copy the following files to it from the Episode 4 disc (running the installer is not necessary) :

* from fullsrc, arc.nsa, arc1.nsa, and arc2.nsa
* the entire ME directory
* the entire SE directory
* the entire sys_se directory
* the entire movie directory
* the entire BGM directory

Then, download a copy of the patch, extract the archive, and place its folder inside the directory you created above. (The patch directory needs to be a subdirectory of the game directory, or you will overwrite the original arc.nsa, which you need!) Then, copy the onscripter-en file from the link I gave above to the patch directory.

You should now be able to open a terminal, cd to the patch directory, and run ./onsripter-en to play. Enjoy!

Let me know if something doesn't work...

Last edited by Roto; 2009-09-16 at 13:46. Reason: Clarified some wording on the patch subdirectory
Roto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-16, 14:04   Link #2432
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
Installing from zip file
$ cd (directory where you want files to go)
$ unzip -O cp932 (whatever).zip

Installing from cd
$ cd (directory where you want files to go)
$ cp -adr (path to cd) .
$ mv fullsrc/* .

Installing onscripter-en: (You may want to put some of these commands in a shell script so you can update easily.)
$ cd (your source directory )
$ mkdir onscripter-src
$ cd onscripter-src
$ svn co http://svn.haeleth.net/onscr/trunk/
$ cd trunk
$ ./configure && make && sudo make install
rogerpepitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-16, 20:27   Link #2433
Roto

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerpepitone View Post
Installing onscripter-en: (You may want to put some of these commands in a shell script so you can update easily.)
$ svn co http://svn.haeleth.net/onscr/trunk/
Note that the repository URL for ONScripter-en has recently changed; Hæleth's old repository doesn't have the most recent changes, some of which pertain to Umineko. If you want to build ONScripter-en from source, you should obtain it as follows:

Code:
svn co svn://svn.denpa.mobi/onscripter/trunk onscripter-en

Last edited by Roto; 2009-09-16 at 20:28. Reason: typo bleh
Roto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-17, 11:44   Link #2434
ghost_zero5

@Roto:
Does the new repository also have a new website because on the other website I can't find a notice regarding this on the previous site but the one you gave is definitely newer and not only from the date but also version and changelog-wise and indeed has some fixes regarding Umineko (though it worked pretty fine before too).
ghost_zero5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-17, 12:04   Link #2435
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Alright, like we promised for... quite a long time: while we were translating Episode 5, we were also working on the update for Episodes 1-4 that we planned months before and it is finally done.
Basically, there was a critical need to make a big overhaul here and there, especially the second half of Episode 1.
In order to remain consistent, we also had to make few corrections throughout the 4 episodes. However, please be aware we didn't make all of the edits that will be needed to keep up with content from Episode 5 yet: we prefer to translate it completely before re-editing the previous episodes, just for a matter of logical course and time efficiency.

As for the other "minor" updates, these are as follow:
-Much faster Onscripter for CTRL feature
-Translated/romanized BGM titles in the music box
-Translated pictures were converted to PNG, lightening the patch size (We saved nearly 50MB for the uncompressed full patch)

The demo was also updated:
If you notice any issue with the links, patches, etc, please contact us.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2009-09-20 at 14:03.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-17, 12:07   Link #2436
Leinne
Who... am I?

Does the new patch keep your previous saves?
Leinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-17, 12:11   Link #2437
chronotrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leinne View Post
Does the new patch keep your previous saves?
Like usual, we recommend against using old saves. The Onscripter/Nscripter engine doesn't really allow for saves to be carried over between versions without possible bugs.
Because of the chapter unlock, you don't really need it for the most part.

Edit: Individual saves probably won't work, but the overall save data (namely, which Episodes and features you've unlocked), should remain the same from the old patch.

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page

Last edited by chronotrig; 2009-09-17 at 12:35.
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-17, 12:25   Link #2438
Escargotage
I want to believe.

Nice job on the patch, guys. I'll be sure to post here if I encounter any problems.

Also...

Episode 5: End of the Golden Witch

* Translation: 25%
* Editing: 10%

(*o*)/
Old 2009-09-17, 12:28   Link #2439
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

Is there a way to unlock everything (I mean so that EP4 is finished and everything since I have alredy played EP1-EP4 and I'm not really feeling like replaying EP4 right now) So is there a way to unlock everything (musicbox and alla) otherwise I dont think I feel like installing this new patch.
Old 2009-09-17, 12:30   Link #2440
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Chrono meants the save slots, not the global save.
If you have unlocked completely the game, it will remains this way.

The problem with Onscripter is only about save states. Global save remains identical, so you can check the music box already.

Tags
translation