AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-20, 13:12   Link #1821
Xagzan

So Naru's like Anemone now, huh? Sure didn't see that coming. She even got her own Nirvash (though where it came from after the other one vanished is anybody's guess).

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikvod00 View Post
I liked the not-so-subtle homage they gave to the spectacular scene in E7 episode 26: Morning Glory. Instead of having Renton reaching out to grab a falling Eureka, it's her son.
I knew that looked familiar. And Morning Glory was a wonderful episode, so it's nice that they mirrored that scene. Too bad no Storywriter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Interesting detail here. When Ao asks Toshio about his sister (Ao's sister), Toshio takes him to Naru.

It's most likely misdirection, of course, but I thought it was funny nonetheless.
They're both 13, aren't they? Eureka would've had to have Ao realll quick after giving birth the first time. Well, it's probably Elena who's the sister, but what's keeping me from fully accepting that theory is how she does not resemble Renton or Eureka at all. On the other hand, her hatred of Eureka sure seems to be similar to a child who's been abandoned by the parent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
I agree with Naru. Don't get me wrong, I understand Ao's motivations for wanting to save her, but she never asked him to save her or make her into that damsel in distress. I like that.
Ditto. That is an interesting development for her character. She never wanted a knight in shining armor after all.

Renton in the OP looks awesome (reminds me of his and Eureka's poses in that one shot of E7's 2nd OP). Hope he has an appropriately badass entry into the series.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 13:21   Link #1822
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Anyway, I'm not sure how to take the whole "Secrets are actually fighting for mankind". They're probably from the future as well but if they're fighting for Mankind then why have we seen Secrets that specifically target humans like the one in Arizona? So many questions...
Well I gave a bit of a theory a couple pages back that the secrets are perhaps creations of Renton that are actually trying to rescue Eureka and Ao (and his daughter if she is there). However, the trip depleted their energy and they are unable to get back unless they obtain another energy source such as the quartz. The Arizona issue may not have been vaporizing humans so much as capturing them in those pods because the secret may have been corrupted and lost the ability to differentiate between humanoid corallians and normal humans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
They're both 13, aren't they? Eureka would've had to have Ao realll quick after giving birth the first time. Well, it's probably Elena who's the sister, but what's keeping me from fully accepting that theory is how she does not resemble Renton or Eureka at all. On the other hand, her hatred of Eureka sure seems to be similar to a child who's been abandoned by the parent.
It could be possible that Eureka actually had twins when her and the doctors thought she was just having a girl. That kind of thing does happen even in RL.
Old 2012-07-20, 13:24   Link #1823
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
So Naru's like Anemone now, huh? Sure didn't see that coming. She even got her own Nirvash (though where it came from after the other one vanished is anybody's guess).
In what way is Naru like Anemone this episode. I didn't see her cackling like a maniac and just causing carnage and destruction cause she's hopped up on brainwashing and drugs, she seems very much firmly in control, just more aware of what she wants to do and how to do it. The only way she's similar to Anemone is that she isn't firmly on the heroes side and has another Nirvash, other than that totally different characters and personalities.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 14:46   Link #1824
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
In what way is Naru like Anemone this episode. I didn't see her cackling like a maniac and just causing carnage and destruction cause she's hopped up on brainwashing and drugs, she seems very much firmly in control, just more aware of what she wants to do and how to do it. The only way she's similar to Anemone is that she isn't firmly on the heroes side and has another Nirvash, other than that totally different characters and personalities.
That's actually the only way I meant it, sorry for being unclear A shallow connection, but that's all I was implying it was. Didn't mean their personalities were similar.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 15:25   Link #1825
ReddyRedWolf

Well both Naru and Anemone are augmented humans closer to Coralians.

There is an observation that Naru and Eureka are opposites in development. Eureka went from an unemotional being that grew into one as she makes connections to other people. Naru went from an emotional girl to one who is gradually losing her emotions severing her connections along the way.

Last edited by ReddyRedWolf; 2012-07-20 at 15:35.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 15:53   Link #1826
Justin_Brett

Quote:
I agree with Naru. Don't get me wrong, I understand Ao's motivations for wanting to save her, but she never asked him to save her or make her into that damsel in distress. I like that.
Yeah, but that's mostly because she thinks Truth intentionally saved her life and there's no reason to save her from him, which is probably not the case.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 16:08   Link #1827
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
Yeah, but that's mostly because she thinks Truth intentionally saved her life and there's no reason to save her from him, which is probably not the case.
I don't think that's the case. Truth has nothing to do with it. I think that from the start, Naru never wanted to be just a damsel that needs to be protected. Ao failed to see that, though I suppose it's understandable all things considering.
Old 2012-07-20, 16:11   Link #1828
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

You'd be confused if your friend suddenly got coral wizard powers and did a massive personality flip too.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 16:26   Link #1829
Justin_Brett

Quote:
I don't think that's the case. Truth has nothing to do with it. I think that from the start, Naru never wanted to be just a damsel that needs to be protected. Ao failed to see that, though I suppose it's understandable all things considering.
Maybe? They haven't really given the same deeper look at her personality that other characters have. Truth's probably not helping matters at the least, since he's kind of a douchebag.
Old 2012-07-20, 16:36   Link #1830
ReddyRedWolf

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Not Nirvash Type Zero Spec V but Nirvash Type Zero Spec... IV?
Old 2012-07-20, 16:36   Link #1831
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
Maybe? They haven't really given the same deeper look at her personality that other characters have. Truth's probably not helping matters at the least, since he's kind of a douchebag.
But in the first 3 episodes I got the feeling that she didn't want to be a burden. What she said now is the natural progression of that. She wants to be with Ao but standing on her own.
Old 2012-07-20, 16:56   Link #1832
Justin_Brett

I must have been more focused on Ao's problems back then, I guess.

Quote:
Not Nirvash Type Zero Spec V but Nirvash Type Zero Spec... IV?
Probably just a redesigned version of that. I don't know why everyone hates Spec V - it's a good enough design without MOKYUUUUUUUUUUN.
Old 2012-07-20, 17:02   Link #1833
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
Probably just a redesigned version of that. I don't know why everyone hates Spec V - it's a good enough design without MOKYUUUUUUUUUUN.
It had the unfortunate fate of being in a terrible movie.
Old 2012-07-20, 17:19   Link #1834
orrthehunter

..... There just so many questions now and each episode keeps bring more. All these theory make sense in some way but still something just doesn't fit but I can't put my finger on it.

Still I can't shake this feeling that this may lead to AO and his friends, along with Truth and Naru ending up in the future some how and for some reason from how this story is going.
orrthehunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 17:29   Link #1835
lann

Am I the only one thinking that the Ao universe is same one as the movie? It would have to be otherwise a paradox would happen. The scub coral wouldnt disappear from the future to the past, besides, it was explained in the first series that it would find another universe.
Old 2012-07-20, 18:08   Link #1836
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I really hope not. I just tried watching the film now and dropped it after 45 minutes because it was so God damn awful...
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 18:25   Link #1837
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

It doesn't make sense for it to be related to the movie in any way so nope.
Then again... I have abandoned all sense after AO14.
Old 2012-07-20, 18:30   Link #1838
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Theory: Naru the first hybrid, than Eureka?

Eureka made 2 visits to that world. First time was with Elena (pregnant), meeting with Ao and the 2nd time was giving birth to Ao and leaving him there. That's why she recall the 2 old guys in the flashback (episode 13).

Was surprise Ao made the connection that he has an older sister, instead of a younger, so quickly.
Old 2012-07-20, 18:47   Link #1839
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by lann View Post
Am I the only one thinking that the Ao universe is same one as the movie? It would have to be otherwise a paradox would happen. The scub coral wouldnt disappear from the future to the past, besides, it was explained in the first series that it would find another universe.
It's a paradox no matter how you slice it. Someone took the timelines, rolled them together, and E7: AO is the knot that resulted.

Specifically, though, it cannot be the movieverse because Eureka is actually Eureka and not the quasi-Eureka at the end of the movie (or sunlight-burned robot Eureka from before that), and the Scub is Scub and not some kind of deliberately malicious invader, among other storytelling differences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
Was surprise Ao made the connection that he has an older sister, instead of a younger, so quickly.
It's not that big of a leap. If she doesn't know him and her kid is actually a girl, then by necessity it must be his sister and she must be older.
Old 2012-07-20, 19:11   Link #1840
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
Eureka never met Ivica yet as Ivica explained.

Tags
harem, mecha, romance, science fiction, shounen