AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-06-01, 20:12   Link #1
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Metal Gear Rising: Revengence!

So it was announced by Kojima that there is a new Metal Gear game in development starring Raiden for the XBOX 360. While I don't believe he's said that it was exclusive, he did say at the press conference that it was in development for Microsoft's console.

SOURCE
The Press Conference Announcement

Last edited by Kyero Fox; 2013-01-26 at 00:48.
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-01, 20:13   Link #2
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

My reaction to this: Woohoo!
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-01, 20:46   Link #3
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

My reaction to this: Jizz in my pants.
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-01, 21:01   Link #4
Marion
The Great Dine

URGH ANOTHER RAIDEN GAME

Well at least it doesn't star Old Snake :U Let's see how Raiden does on his own for once
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-01, 21:01   Link #5
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

My reaction to this: Its about time! Contrary to a lot of negative opinions about Raiden I've heard over the years, I've always liked him as a character.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-01, 21:57   Link #6
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

Gray fox clone with a less than interesting backstory >_>

Even if it is multi i dunno if i have enough interest to get it for my PS3
Old 2009-06-01, 23:23   Link #7
u43368
Disabled By Request

I'm hoping this will half as awesome as ZOE, since I think it's the closest thing we'll be getting to another ZOE game in a loooooooooong time.
u43368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-01, 23:34   Link #8
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
URGH ANOTHER RAIDEN GAME

Well at least it doesn't star Old Snake :U Let's see how Raiden does on his own for once
I love it when people do that crossthrough thing ...

people need to lay off Raiden. and he would own Gray Fox.
Old 2009-06-01, 23:53   Link #9
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
I love it when people do that crossthrough thing ...

people need to lay off Raiden. and he would own Gray Fox.
|D

But in all seriousness, I think Raiden is cool.

Spoiler for MGS4:
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-01, 23:59   Link #10
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
My reaction to this is that Kojima needs to stop pretending that he won't force any of this interactive movie with game segments on us anymore after completing the last one. Seriously just stop saying it's the last one unless it actually is. I just refuse to pretend that these are still good games. The first one....that was a game. Second one....also a game. By the time the 3rd run rolled around though it was just....ugh.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-02, 00:16   Link #11
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

To Kojima, MGS should be dead long ago. I don't think it's him that's forcing the stuff on us, but Konami. Cash Cows are addictive.
Old 2009-06-02, 00:36   Link #12
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
I'm....quite surprised that there was ever hate for Raiden. I never saw or heard of any (although that could be attributed to me not being a huge forums buff at the time), and I certainly can't see what was so bad about him. In fact, I like his character as much as Snake's and was a bit dissapointed when MGS4 didn't have much of him. (and naturally, has about two steps short of having a squealing fanboy breakdown the times that he did show up kicking arse as Cyborg Ninja Mk. III, lol) I'm all for this puppy here.
Old 2009-06-02, 00:44   Link #13
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
At this point I would gladly support a Raiden based game over having to hear David Hayter's generic gruff delivery (honestly has there ever been a more overglorified voice actor for such a generic one note role?) and Snake's whole overwrought routine once again. If Snake is supposed to be dead or dying, please leave it that way. Though honestly I wonder why they can't just end the franchise. I mean yeah I know money and all, but if it's going to continue the way it's going they might as well just make it into a movie. And you know what, I'd probably go see it, because Metal Gear would almost certainly make for a great movie as opposed to the "game" they are trying to sell it as and that seems to be what Kojima wants anyway. I mean the whole bonus discs with the cutscenes reintegrated into one long movie should be a tipoff as to his true wishes.

Though one thing.....whoever writes the dialogue for these games needs to be replaced now as it's just gotten so utterly pretentious and nonsensical it makes me want to weep.

In case people didn't pick up on it, yeah I'm really off the Metal Gear franchise at the moment. Loved Twin Snakes and found Sons of Liberty decent, but it's really in need of a reboot in the worst way now.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-02, 01:03   Link #14
fourtwenty
ざわ。。ざわ。。

Meh, haven't even finished 3 yet, 4 is waiting for me. Maybe after those I'll decide if this was a multiplat to pick it up or not.
fourtwenty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-02, 01:16   Link #15
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post

Though one thing.....whoever writes the dialogue for these games needs to be replaced now as it's just gotten so utterly pretentious and nonsensical it makes me want to weep.

In case people didn't pick up on it, yeah I'm really off the Metal Gear franchise at the moment. Loved Twin Snakes and found Sons of Liberty decent, but it's really in need of a reboot in the worst way now.
I'm sure the Japanese fans hearing the Ohtsukas (probably the father-son team this side of the Pacific), Inoue Kikuko and Kuwashima Houko would respectfully disagree. Oh, and Fukuyama Jun. Can't forget him in 4.

Is there anyone who played and understood both versions of any MGS game, particularly 4? How does the translation stack up?
Old 2009-06-02, 01:40   Link #16
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Is there anyone who played and understood both versions of any MGS game, particularly 4? How does the translation stack up?
Judge for yourself :-

俺は雷 雨の化身
I am lightning, the rain transformed...

お前も死ねない身体に…?
違う!死を恐れていないだけだ
You, too... Immortal?
No. I just don't fear death.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-02, 01:44   Link #17
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Well, first example is there, although I probably would replace "transformed" with "incarnate".

Second example: Since "immortal" does imply a body that can't die...
Old 2009-06-02, 01:56   Link #18
Master Mold
Banned

Yay another MGS game, I hope Ocelot is in this.
Master Mold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-02, 02:06   Link #19
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Quote:
At this point I would gladly support a Raiden based game over having to hear David Hayter's generic gruff delivery (honestly has there ever been a more overglorified voice actor for such a generic one note role?).
You are (not) alone in there, Kaioshin. I think David Hayter is totally overrated. After hearing the japanese dub, hearing his gruffs makes my ears bleed. Specially in MGS3, where he gave a lesson of how to not act at all.

And he's one of the best of MGS english cast. Raiden dub is just atrocious if you compare with his japanese voice, Liquid, Solidus... All of them are nowhere near the talent of the japanese dubbers.

Not that i think MGS dub is horrible, it's fairly decent. It's only that the japanese is way better, hehe. I'm even thinking in getting the japanese version of Rising just to get rid of Raiden english dub.

About the whole game/movie, well, to be honest, i didn't get it. You liked(or at least think it's average) MGS2, when besides MGS4, he's the one with most movies and talk. I love MGS2, it's my favorite one from the series and i think most of the talk is needed for the story(except everything Rose tells you), but there's a lot of talk, much more than the 3.
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-02, 04:36   Link #20
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
My reaction to this is that Kojima needs to stop pretending that he won't force any of this interactive movie with game segments on us anymore after completing the last one. Seriously just stop saying it's the last one unless it actually is. I just refuse to pretend that these are still good games. The first one....that was a game. Second one....also a game. By the time the 3rd run rolled around though it was just....ugh.
The fans won't let Kojima stop.

Also he hates everyone. Gamers in particular.

Quote:
The dialogue is supposed to be pretentious and nonsensical. That's what makes it METAL GEAR?!
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote