AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2011-08-01, 23:24   Link #261
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Oh please, it's like no real life Christians ever lied or are gluttonous.

Either way they're missing the point and we probably shouldn't even be bothered about those people in the first place.
While that is why many tropers don't like Index, what I was talking about is the general way Christianity is portrayed in Index is what they have a problem with. Stuff like the Roman Catholic Church doesn't work like that, priests and nuns aren't like that, etc. I really don't get why that's a problem despite the fact that most anime are like that.

Quote:
That's possible but somewhat minor, in general her appearance hasn't really changed at all, unless you count the Illustrator's change in style.
The Fanservice Pack trope isn't necessarily about a huge change in appearance, just a change in hotness and fanservice-ness? Anyway, the fact that Index was noticeably bustier than before might be enough to invoke that trope.

Quote:
I don't think she was, the only time she was concern about that was in Vol 5 where she had Touma swear that seeing her sleeping there he had not 'feelings' what so ever.
She didn't mention her chest size in that scene so it shouldn't count.

Quote:
Yeah, the [Jerk with a Heart of Gold] definitely isn't suppose to be there.
I can only assume that they mean the whole running gag of Index biting Touma, which the guys there really don't like, but as I mentioned over there before, she isn't being a jerk there.

I'll edit that out, though I hope it doesn't start an edit war...

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-01, 23:48   Link #262
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
While that is why many tropers don't like Index, what I was talking about is the general way Christianity is portrayed in Index is what they have a problem with. Stuff like the Roman Catholic Church doesn't work like that, priests and nuns aren't like that, etc. I really don't get why that's a problem despite the fact that most anime are like that.
I believe tvTrope has a damn trope about the reason for Japan's misconception of the Roman Catholic Religion which sounds reasonable as it's just something that is 'mysterious' to them.

...Seriously? They're called 'tropers' ?

I wonder what we're called...? We should get a clan name for Toaru-AS

Quote:
The Fanservice Pack trope isn't necessarily about a huge change in appearance, just a change in hotness and fanservice-ness? Anyway, the fact that Index was noticeably bustier than before might be enough to invoke that trope.
...No... I'm pretty certain it's in no way 'noticable'... Alot of guys here don't even notice it until Sankaku pointed it out to them...

Quote:
She didn't mention her chest size in that scene so it shouldn't count.
Fair enough.

Quote:
I can only assume that they mean the whole running gag of Index biting Touma, which the guys there really don't like, but as I mentioned over there before, she isn't being a jerk there.

I'll edit that out, though I hope it doesn't start an edit war...
If it does, just pull out before it gets hairy- It's not worth fighting over.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-02, 00:44   Link #263
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
I believe tvTrope has a damn trope about the reason for Japan's misconception of the Roman Catholic Religion which sounds reasonable as it's just something that is 'mysterious' to them.
I believe that trope is called Anime Catholicism. And it really does bug people over there. And when it's not that, it's the pseudo science. They just love finding stuff to complain about.

Quote:
...Seriously? They're called 'tropers' ?

I wonder what we're called...? We should get a clan name for Toaru-AS
Yeah, tropers refer to themselves as tropers. Not all that long ago, a mod decided to be clever and switch all the avatar pics to one of a Stormtrooper. Much laughter was had.

Quote:
...No... I'm pretty certain it's in no way 'noticable'... A lot of guys here don't even notice it until Sankaku pointed it out to them...
She was completely flat in Volume 1, in Volume 16, she actually had a bit of cleavage, so she qualifies, I guess.

Quote:
If it does, just pull out before it gets hairy- It's not worth fighting over.
I will. There was an edit war over the F/SN character page, predictably it was Sakura as usual, and it got pretty heated. I think they had to lock the page for a bit. I won't be repeating that.

Old 2011-08-02, 01:09   Link #264
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I believe that trope is called Anime Catholicism. And it really does bug people over there. And when it's not that, it's the pseudo science. They just love finding stuff to complain about.
People tend to complaint about stuff that they can relate- Math, Science, History, Religion, Military etc. You'll never hear about people arguing about stuff that is completely wacked-out.

It's only those crazy shows that their senses kick in and they know to let it slide

Quote:
She was completely flat in Volume 1, in Volume 16, she actually had a bit of cleavage, so she qualifies, I guess.
Not necessary; Kiyotaka tends to draw girls looking flatchested when they have their clothes on... With the exception of those amplerly large enough.

Case in point... Saten and Takitsubo.

Quote:
I will. There was an edit war over the F/SN character page, predictably it was Sakura as usual, and it got pretty heated. I think they had to lock the page for a bit. I won't be repeating that.
You misunderstood- I mean for you to withdraw back to base camp here, regroup and resupply, and at dawn we'll charge at their flanks !

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2011-08-02 at 01:20.
Old 2011-08-02, 01:59   Link #265
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
People tend to complaint about stuff that they can relate- Math, Science, History, Religion, Military etc. You'll never hear about people arguing about stuff that is completely wacked-out.

It's only those crazy shows that their senses kick in and they know to let it slide
Yeah, if only they would let stuff slide more...

Quote:
Not necessary; Kiyotaka tends to draw girls looking flatchested when they have their clothes on... With the exception of those amplerly large enough.

Case in point... Saten and Takitsubo.
We saw Index topless in Volume 1 when Touma shredded her robe, remember? She was flat as can be.

Quote:
You misunderstood- I mean for you to withdraw back to base camp here, regroup and resupply, and at dawn we'll charge at their flanks !
Yessir, General, sir

Old 2011-08-02, 12:15   Link #266
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Could you describe in details? Sorry I don't have my stuff on my at the moment... >.>
Lol, sorry it was a screenshot from the episode 02 when Index was taking a bath

Quote:
I assume they mean that illustration in Vol.16 when you see Index with Itsuwa and Mikoto in the onsen. She seemed much bigger than before.
I thought of that as well.

Quote:
Also, they have her under A-Cup Angst. Was she really concerned about her chest size, I can't recall that, though I could be mistaken. Also, she's under Jerk with a Heart of Gold. She certainly doesn't act like a jerk.
So far she never was worried about it... also, does she needs to care, in this series foreigners females are quite well endowed.

Quote:
...No... I'm pretty certain it's in no way 'noticable'... Alot of guys here don't even notice it until Sankaku pointed it out to them...
Sankaku wasn't first, the japanesse wiki did mention this.

Quote:
We saw Index topless in Volume 1 when Touma shredded her robe, remember? She was flat as can be.
Between this:
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...ex_v11_002.jpg
And this:
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...16_002-003.jpg

There is difference which can't be ignored. Btw, isn't she a B cup?
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-02, 13:34   Link #267
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Between this:
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...ex_v11_002.jpg
And this:
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...16_002-003.jpg

There is difference which can't be ignored. Btw, isn't she a B cup?
I don't know about the draws, but text wise with her breast size Index was probably the bustier from the lolis since the start. In volume 1 they poke fun at that when they said that Komoe's clothes couldn't fit Index around the chest area. The next time the issue came out I can't really remember it, I think that it was when Mikoto and Index where teleported by Kuroko, while waiting Mikoto started to give the observations that she always does... I think.
Old 2011-08-02, 14:10   Link #268
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
I don't know about the draws, but text wise with her breast size Index was probably the bustier from the lolis since the start. In volume 1 they poke fun at that when they said that Komoe's clothes couldn't fit Index around the chest area. The next time the issue came out I can't really remember it, I think that it was when Mikoto and Index where teleported by Kuroko, while waiting Mikoto started to give the observations that she always does... I think.
The fact that she's bigger than Komoe doesn't really prove anything, you know

Still, you're right, she's bigger than Mikoto and Uiharu,who are the same age as her, Last Order and Kuroko. Can't talk for Saten...

Anyway, they mention Index's A-Cup Angst more than once on her page, and I really don't recall her even mentioning it. Do you guys recall such an incident, cause I'm thinking of editing it out.

Old 2011-08-02, 18:19   Link #269
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
I'm guessing that in comparing the chest sizes of the Index universe "lolis" we know, there are three comparable people; and I'm thinking it'll be Index, Lessar and Saiai. Ironically, Index is the oldest of these three, I guess...?

Just a thought.

... I'm feeling a bit of a deja vu... did we have this sort of discussion a while back?

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-02, 18:21   Link #270
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
I'm guessing that in comparing the chest sizes of the Index universe "lolis" we know, there are three comparable people; and I'm thinking it'll be Index, Lessar and Saiai. Ironically, Index is the oldest of these three, I guess...?

Just a thought.

... I'm feeling a bit of a deja vu... did we have this sort of discussion a while back?
Don't know, but it seems Lessar is another case of hidde breasts like Itsuwa and Takitsubo.
Old 2011-08-02, 18:23   Link #271
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Don't know, but it seems Lessar is another case of hidde breasts like Itsuwa and Takitsubo.
Eh? But I thought Itsuwa's was pretty clear to begin with...

... Ah, now I remember. I remember saying something about "What if Kama Sutra was a forbidden grimoire and Index has it in her head..."... something like that?

Geez, why are we talking about Index's physical growth of all things!

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-02, 18:30   Link #272
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
BECAUSE WE HAVE 8 MORE DAYS TO WASTE BEFORE NT2 AND DEREDERE MISAKA WORST AND BARDWAY BDSM WAAAAHHHHHHH!

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Mr.Kyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-02, 20:09   Link #273
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

As far as I know, only one official poster has Index conscious about her bust size- it was the beach swimsuit image with her beside Itsuwa.

Quote:
Not necessary, Lessar said she was in middle school as well, similar to Mikoto which means similar to Index.

But what they can't deliver with chest size, they compensate with legs and zettai ryouki...

Quote:
Just a thought.

ALL MEN ARE WOLVES!

Quote:
Eh? But I thought Itsuwa's was pretty clear to begin with...
Similar to Orsola, I've never thought of Itsuwa as having overly large breasts... But over time they seem to be growing...

Ironically, it seems the less you care about your breasts size, the more it'll grow overtime...

Quote:
... Ah, now I remember. I remember saying something about "What if Kama Sutra was a forbidden grimoire and Index has it in her head..."... something like that?
Don't forget, Index has rope tying bondage skills.

Quote:
It's so I can go, "SHE'S NOT A LOLI DAMNIT!!!" and then I'll blow their minds with the illustration from Vol 16.
Old 2011-08-02, 20:42   Link #274
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
ALL MEN ARE WOLVES!
Hmmhmm~

This, ladies and gentlemen, is what happens when the Emperor mounts his ride.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Mr.Kyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-02, 22:31   Link #275
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
In our (?) defense: Nobody in this thread is lolicon!

or:

Quote:
It's so I can go, "SHE'S NOT A LOLI DAMNIT!!!" and then I'll blow their minds with the illustration from Vol 16.
Nice defense!

Lol at Index having the Kama-sutra inside her mind-library + bondage skills ... but she has Lovecraft's book, now that idea sound more plausible .
Old 2011-08-02, 23:46   Link #276
leukrota

Quote:
Lol at Index having the Kama-sutra inside her mind-library + bondage skills ... but she has Lovecraft's book, now that idea sound more plausible .
Yeah, although the Necronomicon is not part of any myth, it would be so, so cool if it were to be referenced in Index.

Quote:
ALL MEN ARE WOLVES!
AND ALL WOMEN ARE FOXES!

... Ok, before I get any retribution for this statement, I'm just kidding, it just seemed like an appropriate response.
leukrota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-03, 01:44   Link #277
chrono9472

.....this forum must have fallen really deep into the pit of boredom to have this discussion......
chrono9472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-03, 04:50   Link #278
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
Huh? I've just reviewed that part in volume 6, no where did Mikoto observe anything about Index's chest.

Quote:

Nice defense!

Defense ? But that's what I've always been saying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
Yeah, although the Necronomicon is not part of any myth, it would be so, so cool if it were to be referenced in Index.
Wikia said it was referenced in the first volume.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
AND ALL WOMEN ARE FOXES!

... Ok, before I get any retribution for this statement, I'm just kidding, it just seemed like an appropriate response.
They are ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrono9472 View Post
.....this forum must have fallen really deep into the pit of boredom to have this discussion......
It's an important distinction to make whether or not Index has an increased bust size or not, don't underestimate this in an argument to throw people off track.
Old 2011-08-03, 06:45   Link #279
leukrota

Quote:
Wikia said it was referenced in the first volume.
Really? cool, seems like I shouldn't have skipped reading that volume... I'll put that on my to-do list.
Quote:
They are ?
I was going with the implication of slyness rather than hotness... Was that's the confusing issue?
Quote:
It's an important distinction to make whether or not Index has an increased bust size or not, don't underestimate this in an argument to throw people off track.
If you ask me, I think it's a drawing irregularity instead of an increase...

After all, the whole story so far is covered in about 4 months, how much can a girl grow in that period of time? ... does she have a serious hormonal imbalance or something? (is she pregnant?)
leukrota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-03, 07:05   Link #280
Drifting Wolf

Please, Index is considered to be unnatural precisely because she's unaffected by all those grimoires. I wouldn't be surprised if Aleister Crowley was the one who had created her like a homunculus or something and Laura Stuart decided to make use of her.

And besides, Index's bust size is part of the character. She can be elevated to non-loli status given enough... erm, roundness. I mean, fullness. I mean...

Oh dear.

Drifting Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote