Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-05-21, 06:34   Link #1821
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
According to the offical forum, Wizards is one class who can - with one specific build - relatively "stress free" farm even Inferno mode, *if* the mob hits rather slowly. A combination of Energy Armor + Force Armor and life regeneration or something like that. Don't ask for details because I still haven't bought the game (still 4 days left before I can return home) .
Needless to say, the rage about Inferno is quite immense for Act 2.
I have to say, looking at just the class differences, I consider Wizards the least headache inducing class. I was looking at Witch Doctor on the website and had no idea how I was suppose to play him. Guess glass cannon is what I am used to. Even the Demon Hunter looks complicated.
Old 2012-05-21, 07:10   Link #1822
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

I could bitch endlessly, or I could just go have some fun. I prefer the latter.
The fact they didn't prepare a open-play option with local files is dissapointing, and a valid complaint.
But it's not crucial enough for me to invest negativity in it.

At least it gives me a reason to invest in Torchlight 2! (to play during down times)
Otherwise that franchise is doomed!
Old 2012-05-21, 07:12   Link #1823
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
It feels like 50% of the players are Wizards. Joining a pub-game, I have half-half odds that it will be a Wizard.

~~~~ ~~~~

Ak3mi, you don't farm Act-Bosses for gear any more. If it is gear you want, you need to farm Champion mobs. Act-Bosses are better farmed for gold and XP.

Cheers.
idk man, every time I open to public I get monks.... and bad ones, who end up stealing my build. "What do you use for main attack?" "What rune is that?"
Old 2012-05-21, 07:18   Link #1824
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
idk man, every time I open to public I get monks.... and bad ones, who end up stealing my build. "What do you use for main attack?" "What rune is that?"
Hey, at least they asked you. I have seen Wizards literally morph into my build as the game goes on. Kinda creepy when you realise they have been silently inspecting you.

Cheers.
Old 2012-05-21, 07:23   Link #1825
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Just tell them "Stop eyein my underboob!" (Sorc ref lol)
Old 2012-05-21, 07:53   Link #1826
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Quote:

Ak3mi, you don't farm Act-Bosses for gear any more. If it is gear you want, you need to farm Champion mobs. Act-Bosses are better farmed for gold and XP.

Cheers.
Errrr really? Well doing the act bosses stack the MF buff, so thats another reason why I do it.
Old 2012-05-21, 11:03   Link #1827
Sides

The main game is shorter than I expected. I would say you can get through normal mode, solo, in one day, unless you get kicked form the server. Yes, it does happen and that isn't funny at all.
Oh well, there is still torchlight 2...
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-21, 11:07   Link #1828
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

They seemed pretty long to me, Act 1 mainly. But none of the Diablo games were really long. its all about loot and toning your hero to be as boss as possible.

Plus theres two expansions in the making.
Old 2012-05-21, 11:14   Link #1829
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Been going through Nightmare, now at Act III with my lvl 48 Wizard. And I'm still amazed at how Blizzard actually managed to make just about any sensible skill combination effective regardless of what items you have. I have mostly an Int item build with Vit on the side, and yet I can manage to easily equip myself with close combat and melee abilities for some Space CQC. Not sure how well they'd work on Hell, but my builds have been effective in some situations.

- While Magic Missile (with either Charged Blast or Split) is still my go-to signature spell when it comes to open field combat, when expecting medium-health melee mobs I switch to Spectral Blades + Deep Cuts to engage in melee for when they get past my Beam Of Winning Disintegration + Chaos Nexus.
- Most of my CQC builds rely on having Diamond Skin (Crystal Shell or Mirror Skin works) and any Armor skill, along with the Blur passive, and if you have it Galvanizing Ward. Kinda obvious really.
- The first build I tested was Wave of Win Force + Explosive Blast for truly colossal AoE damage. This build especially becomes deadly once you get the Short Fuse Rune for Explosive Blast, allowing you to spam it repeatedly without the delay.
- If I'm really feeling funny, I replace those two skills with Teleport and Mirror Image, the former to get me in close and extract if need be, and the latter to cause confusion. It gets funny once you get the Fracture Rune for Teleport and Duplicate for Mirror Image, giving you a total of 7 decoys with which to make your enemy's head spin. It does kinda take lots of micro and Vit or Strength to work though, since you'll be in the midst of mobs alot.

If people can't tell already, I'm having much much fun with my Wizard, and can't wait to unlock more Runes so I can experiment some more.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.

Last edited by LoweGear; 2012-05-21 at 11:31.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-21, 12:06   Link #1830
Wigwams

archon mode is so OP, it turns me into superman. though there is a lack of utility spells, damage dealt is insane.
Old 2012-05-21, 12:55   Link #1831
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
I have to say, looking at just the class differences, I consider Wizards the least headache inducing class. I was looking at Witch Doctor on the website and had no idea how I was suppose to play him. Guess glass cannon is what I am used to. Even the Demon Hunter looks complicated.
Well the Witch Doctor follows a vastly different play style than even the Necromancer.

This was my build by the end of the game

1 - Hex doll (Heals and turns enemies into chickens)
2 - Soul Harvest (Gain mana)
3 - Acid Cloud (Lobs)/ Zombie Charger (Wave of Zombies)
4 - Gargautuan (Restless Zombie)
5 - Poison Dart (splinter) / Fire bomb (Multiple targets)
6 - Locust swarm (attack additional enemies)

Then zombie handler, mana and spirit walk.

The idea with the Doctor is to use "meat shields" and "confusion" tactics to draw enemies away from him so that he can use his spells to wipe out large groups of enemies.

At first I used Zombie dogs but once I got the Gagautuan I stuck with him. As a restless Zombie he doubles his stats and becomes bigger when surrounded by enemies or engaged with elites and bosses which allows him to last quite a bit of time. And the enemies do go after him. With the Hex Doll it acts as my healer but also heals my Garguatuan and also turns enemies into chickens.

Then with Acid cloud or Zombie charger along with locust swarm I can wiped out large groups within seconds.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-21, 13:01   Link #1832
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Hmm? You don't need INT as a Barbarian (although it is not useless to you). STR gives you armour, which ALSO reduces magical damage (all types of damage in fact).

The way attributes work, you are not forced to stacked your non-primary stat, but neither will having it be a waste.

STR boosts Armour which reduces all forms of damage.
INT boosts Resistances, all types including physical.
DEX boosts Dodge, which includes magical attacks and AoE.

HOWEVER, you will NOT get the most DPS by just stacking your primary attribute. To do so, you will need a mixture of +DMG, Primary Stat and +%AtkSpd (if spamming non-cd skills).

Furthermore, as gear is pretty crappy until people start hitting the jackpot in End-Game, you will still need to pay attention to survival stats like VIT. Otherwise you will become a bite-size snack in Hell.

Me: "You have... 7k health. Dude, we're in Hell."
DH: "I have 6k DPS."

*DH dies to Log Trap* <---- 1-hit KO from full health

Cheers.
Got a link to a explanation on diablo armor and resistance mechanics?
Old 2012-05-21, 13:07   Link #1833
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wigwams View Post
archon mode is so OP, it turns me into superman. though there is a lack of utility spells, damage dealt is insane.
Against mobs sure, you can wipe the floor as an Archon and extend your time to almost 30 - 40 seconds depending on how many enemies you manage to wipe out during that time. Against Elites, Champions or Bosses though Archon mode's reliance on pure damage makes it quite difficult to use even on Normal, as you'd be dead faster than you can dish out your insane damage.

I personally switch out Archon as soon as I near a boss arena and give my character either Teleport and Arcane Orb for kiting, with Diamond Skin as my panic ability.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-21, 13:47   Link #1834
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Im not sharing my spec on the internet. Lets just say the bells are heard by all.
Old 2012-05-21, 14:22   Link #1835
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Sometimes with my wizard have to remind myself not just to use all the skills I find fun, but balance it out. Sometimes take the glass cannon thing a bit too far . But not like I forgo all defensive abilities, just have to be sure to adapt to different situations.
Old 2012-05-21, 14:32   Link #1836
Squarecrow
Supreme Ruler of Crowatia

I just started using this:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...dXS!aXW!bbYaaZ

Just got into Hell and gonna see what it can do... after I get some sleep. Might drop Familiar for Storm Armor w/ Power of the Storm. Trying to get a slower 1H because right now RoF drains my AP. Very slowly though, I just haven't been able to actually test it combat because I'm too tired.
Squarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-21, 15:38   Link #1837
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Hahahahaa oh god I can't stop laughing.

Old 2012-05-21, 15:43   Link #1838
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

So when's Diablo 4 coming out?
Dhomochevsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-21, 15:45   Link #1839
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Well the Witch Doctor follows a vastly different play style than even the Necromancer.

This was my build by the end of the game

1 - Hex doll (Heals and turns enemies into chickens)
2 - Soul Harvest (Gain mana)
3 - Acid Cloud (Lobs)/ Zombie Charger (Wave of Zombies)
4 - Gargautuan (Restless Zombie)
5 - Poison Dart (splinter) / Fire bomb (Multiple targets)
6 - Locust swarm (attack additional enemies)

Then zombie handler, mana and spirit walk.

The idea with the Doctor is to use "meat shields" and "confusion" tactics to draw enemies away from him so that he can use his spells to wipe out large groups of enemies.

At first I used Zombie dogs but once I got the Gagautuan I stuck with him. As a restless Zombie he doubles his stats and becomes bigger when surrounded by enemies or engaged with elites and bosses which allows him to last quite a bit of time. And the enemies do go after him. With the Hex Doll it acts as my healer but also heals my Garguatuan and also turns enemies into chickens.

Then with Acid cloud or Zombie charger along with locust swarm I can wiped out large groups within seconds.
What level are you?

I found some legendary gloves today for lvl 58 DH wern't that good though, dexterity and intellengent still got 100k for them.
Old 2012-05-21, 15:47   Link #1840
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Got a link to a explanation on diablo armor and resistance mechanics?
It's actually explained in-game. Hover over the stats and the tool-tip explaining it will pop up.

Cheers.

Tags
arpg, blizzard, dungeon crawler