AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-06-23, 22:55   Link #21
arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky-Electric
She fell in love, or at least thinks she did, and kissed some college guy right in front of Kyoichi who came for a surprise visit. It was never established that Kyoichi and Chiharu were dating. They were just close, but not dating. They had awkward moments where they asked each other if they liked anyone and stuff, but they never kissed or anything that would make you believe they were officially a "couple". Obviously Kyoichi loved her though, and she cared for him too.
Spooky-Electric, thank you very much for replying to my request. More questions though ^_^;

What is the thing with the blonde Chiharu at the end? I went scouting for some reviews on the net and some think that she's an entirely different person. Went to look for episode summaries too, but there are only few and poorly maintained Boys Be fan pages. Is she the same Chiharu, or is she a symbolic representation of the "old" Chiharu that Kyoichi left behind? Hmmm.. Anyone has an idea of this?

I remember watching Boys Be about two or so years ago, maybe three. It was pretty good, but it was episodic and sometimes disjointed, so it was a little difficult to watch it then, being an immature viewer. The ending was also pretty open ended so that sucked for me, personally. :P

I'm getting the last two episodes but the dl speed is stuck at 0kbs.. and it says it'll take about another 300 hours. That is damned tragic. If anyone can reseed the last two episodes of the animefactory distribution, I shall be very grateful.
arias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-30, 04:35   Link #22
NarutoHead

Send a message via AIM to NarutoHead
MAN, i hated chiharu since that episode. And she said NOTHING, just ignored it.

Everytime she came on the screen and had a face to face with Kyiochi i flicked her off. LOL I'm serious.

Now the Blonde Chiahur?? Oh maan! Why didn't Kychoir bang the hel(excuse me, get with) her!!?!?!? 10 years from now I"ll still be wondering it.

As far as the ending, It made it seem the whole thing ends after he bumps into the 2nd Chiharu and theme song starts- i was ready to get mad but luckily it kept playing into an entire episode.

but the ending....wasn't bad but SUCKED for a great series. When you watch a great series you just want a great ending to top it off.

I felt it somewhat just ended with no closure.

And kyochi isn't lucky, Chiharu cheated on him(YES I DON'T CARE SHE CHEATED) and the other chick left him for the band.

*sigh* so the Manga continues the story or what? If it does, I'll read. Unless that too really doesn't go anywhere. I hope they make a season 2 atleast or I dunno. I'll just find others like this one but overall it's a kickass 13 series.

Would've been even nicer if the writers could of thought of an actual ENDing.
NarutoHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-30, 11:02   Link #23
ubiquitious

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devin
I have to agree that the ending was quite unfullfilling... They should have made more episodes.
Spoiler:
And episode 7's character faces (especially chiharu's) were done badly, it was as if some different, mediocre artists decided to draw the characters.

But, i really really loved the opening theme song from episode 13. Does anyone know the name of that song and if it's included in the anime's soundtrack?
It's called Naisho no Kimochi and yes, it's in the soundtrack.<deleted by Mod (xris), read the forum rules...>. For those of you who like the music featured in the anime, it's all there. My personal favorite is Memoria from Ep. 8... the one with Sayama Shoko wanting to join SAIL. It's 96 kbps, but you really can't tell the difference. Hope this helps! =)

Last edited by xris; 2004-06-30 at 11:21.
ubiquitious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-30, 14:48   Link #24
Itlandm
Porcupine

I can't believe I haven't said anything about this anime! I don't think any anime, perhaps no movie ever, made such an impression on me. I wish I had seen it when I was the age of those kids. I wish they would show it in schools. Seriously. For once, an anime without magic and robots and all ... just real people who make mistakes and are afraid and embarassed and still sometimes get things right, just because they are themselves. When the last episode ended, I felt like I really knew those boys, as if these were my actual friends who I had gone to school with.

I also first thought when I saw the end of the last episode, huh? This is an ending? But later I have realized that the Japanese are more subtle in these matters. The few words between Kyoichi and Chiharu at the end really say a lot more than I first thought. Also notice the cat and compare with the first time. ^_^

That said, I would not mind if there had been more episodes, but I am satisfied with how it worked out.

The other Chiharu has only the name in common with the first. However the name helps remind Kyoichi and ...
Spoiler:
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-30, 18:10   Link #25
arias

Man, I asked a dumb question. Cleared everything up after actually watching the last two episodes of the anime.

But I'd like to know how did Chiharu "break up" with her summer love?
arias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-01, 18:23   Link #26
Itlandm
Porcupine

Quote:
Originally Posted by arias
But I'd like to know how did Chiharu "break up" with her summer love?
She just did not keep in touch.
Spoiler for Episode 7:
Old 2004-07-04, 05:41   Link #27
Itlandm
Porcupine

Yay, it's been licensed! I hope this means they get rid of the pointless indecent cut-scenes in the middle of the episodes. Without them, this is the ideal gift to all decent young people and their parents. I have never seen such a honest and thought provoking overview over the many paths love can take into (and sometimes out of) young people's hearts.
Old 2006-01-29, 22:08   Link #28
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

What is the status of the anime "Boys Be..."?

I did an animesuki search an nothing comes up..After reading about it in Feb.2006 NEWTYPE magazine I really want to check this anime out...I'm not sure if it just started, if it's ongoing, or finished...It seems to be a comedy relationship anime with the typical aspect of guys and the girls they like (and the humour and misunderstandings that ensue)...I guess it's liscenced, but again nothing came up on search...perhaps it goes by a different name? I hope the series is attainable....
Old 2006-01-29, 22:16   Link #29
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

- http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=7919
Quote:
TRSI has announced that Boys Be volume 1 and Boys Be Volume 1 + box will be released on February 28 for 29.99 and 39.95 respectively.
- http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/cat...em/68556/4/0/0

Boys Be... DVD 1 (Hyb): Spring
Quote:
Contains episodes 1-3.

PLUS! DVD 1 includes a 12-page booklet featuring character bios, Japanese voice actor reports, director's commentary and more!

DVD Features: Special Dual Sided Cover, Line Art Gallery, Textless Opening, Character Bios, Japanese Voice Actor Reports, Director's Commentary, Scene Access and Right Stuf Trailers.

Spoken Languages: English, Japanese, English subtitles, English On Screen Translations.

* Age Rating - 13+ More Information
* Date Available - Feb 28 2006
* 75 Minutes
* Format - Hybrid
* Media - DVD
* Product Availability - Preorder - Not Yet Shipping
* Publisher - RIGHT STUF
AnimeNfo.com linkage:

- http://www.animenfo.com/animetitle,8...o,boys_be.html
Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-29, 22:34   Link #30
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

hmm...thanks

I wonder why this is the first I've heard of this series and it's already over...Seems to be another quikie series...I tend to watch alot of 13 ep animes as of late, but after watching Paradise Kiss and most of Mezzo I'm wishing these networks would pump out a little more dough to change this growing trend...Some series really need or deserve atleast the former status quo of 26 eps...Anyways this series seems to change the genre a bit as it's suppose to be told from the guys POV (when it comes to apprehension and inner-angst toward girls)...I do have a DVD of the first episode (provided by NEWTYPE), but am too lazy to walk all the way down to my car and get it :]...
Old 2006-01-29, 22:57   Link #31
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Last I remember, generally the 'status quo' were that of 12-14 episodes, where the 'two season' 26'ers weren't as numerous. I could be wrong though, but I do remember the vast majority of the series' I've watched have been about 12 or so episodes in length.
Old 2006-01-29, 23:27   Link #32
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^That may or may not simply be your preference...You should read NEWTYPE Nov. 2005...There's a good article about why series have been increasingly down-sized to 13 episodes...UHF stations in Japan tend to be for making most of it's anime 13 eps in an effort to see if the popularity of the shows warrent another 13-ep effort (making it 26)...Gravion and Godannar are two shows it cites that were popular enuff to warrent a second 13 ep anime...Basically they save money and if the show is real popular they give the go for a new one...As the article states, "...the production commitee doesn't need the show to run for a long time to make there money back..."

Boys Be is only 13 episodes...so if it's good it'll be a quick burn...
Old 2006-01-30, 02:26   Link #33
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

I guess this thread can be closed now...sorry mods but the search function yielded no help...I did get one inexplicable neg-rep for answering the 13 eps question, but good for me that user's rep is no-count grey ^^...Anyways please end this, thanx...
Old 2006-01-30, 17:49   Link #34
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
I guess this thread can be closed now...sorry mods but the search function yielded no help...I did get one inexplicable neg-rep for answering the 13 eps question, but good for me that user's rep is no-count grey ^^...Anyways please end this, thanx...
T'wasn't me :P

Anyways, over the years almost all the anime that I have seen fell into a few molds...highly predictable popular shows which are not based upon a manga that run for two consecutive tv-seasons (24-26, sometimes more episodes), highly popular shows that run for several seasons (Inuyasha, Naruto, Macross, etc), and then there are general shot shows that can be based upon a manga or not, most of which last for a single tv-run season, which is 12-14 episodes. But alas, even though I've been watching anime my entire life, it's still only the tip of the much larger iceberg

If kj were to take note of this thread, I'm sure he could shed some extra light on the subject though
Old 2006-01-30, 19:41   Link #35
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
I didn't do it but lets see what you posted.

You said you searched for the license.

Or maybe because you put down Boys Be for being 13 episodes.

Boys Be is a NEW material anime that took many different chapters of the manga and chopped them together into a complete offering. In Boys Be every chapter features a Yamada lookalike or one of his friends. But Chiharu (Brown) is never featured in any of the manga (Up to Book 8) so they must've just taken the drawing style and rewrote an entire script. So to produce another 13 episodes they would have to take new material they did not have. Hence no more episodes.

Actually from the Manga the first chapter is one of my favorites. What happens when a Judo dude falls for a outgoing nightclub girl? Too bad they never made it into the anime.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-18, 06:53   Link #36
rei
Nya~ I'm a good actress

Time to bring up the dead thread

I must agree with those of you who said that this anime is much better than KGNE (heh, I never like KGNE anyway )

IMO, it's better than a harem show. It's a good mixture of drama, comedy, & romance. Eventhough there are too many characters (main + sub characters), that doesn't ruin the anime.

As for Chiharu, I don't blame her for 'cheating'. It was that damn college guy who approached her (I forgot his name)

And that Makoto guy, at 1st I hate him (you probably know why). But I started to like him afterwards (after he changed, that is). There's also a funny scene where he thought that Kyoichi had a relationship with a guy

Though the ending is not that very satisfying, I like it when some characters become love-couple
rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-28, 12:05   Link #37
crimmy88

LOL SUPER BUMP

Anyway, I really hated Chiharu after ep7.. it struck a nerve in me when i saw what she did.. she didnt even try to explain herself or anything.. at that moment I really felt sorry for Kyoichi =( Chiharu deserves to suffer more >=(

The anime wouldve been in my top 10list if not for the crap ending =(
crimmy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-28, 12:10   Link #38
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Ending was odd. Did they get back together or what? He should got the number of blonde.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-28, 15:07   Link #39
kujoe
from head to heel

Well, it's the typical "Tadaima, Okaeri" subtle kind of ending. So the answer to your question is an implied yes. Then again, perhaps they won't get back together, but that isn't the lasting impression from that scene. Basically, they're starting all over again.

Itlandm already summed it up pretty nicely above.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-28, 19:57   Link #40
crimmy88

They shouldve brought more than that IMO.. like give us a scene with atleast both of 'em holding hands or walking together talking.. Also, no disrespect for the blonde or anything but I felt they shouldve just focused more on the Nitta-Kyoichi relationship in the last episode..like showing us how they'd deal with each others' faults (well only one was at fault so -_-) or perhaps even showing how Chiharu was affected by the event and realizes how much she really like Kyoichi and ultimately comes up to him and casually talk to him and finally says.. "I think I like you" or something along those lines.. *sigh*

I also noticed that throughout the series..they never really confessed their feelings which was really lame. Although the series implies that they do indeed like each other, it wouldve been better and probably give more impact if they directly said that they liked each other.
crimmy88 is offline   Reply With Quote