AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-06-11, 09:56   Link #32161
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Demi
Ayup, though "Select fire" is really it's operating principle. In 30 rpm mode, the chamber is locked in position for quite a time as the I.S. supply the capacitors to maximum level before switch again, whereas in maximum 300 rpm the surge of electricity is pulsing as the chamber spun continuously.

So it's like
--------- --------- ---------
Versus
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Mechanical problem arises beyond 360 rpm (the high voltage switch in this case), while under 21 rpm the capacitor and coils simply cannot load anymore energy (and risking of of overheat and explosion if forced to). So the most optimal firing rate is really between 30-300.

Though everyone is satisfied with the result.

@ Eras
Worst ending possible, not in narrative quality but in the case of mood, then again you said it's really bad future/AU
Old 2012-06-11, 09:59   Link #32162
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@zero: Makes for great confusion tactics since change in firing rate is hard to tell apart. But in the same vein, the power shouldn't be too different between the firing rates..

@eras: diabolus ex machina?

Last edited by demino_hellsin; 2012-06-11 at 10:12.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 10:04   Link #32163
Eratas123

@ Senpai - There's no doubt that the bad future of the heroines are evil, considering they're the reason of some of the atrocities in the fic. The only problem is that their deaths spark events that none of the 5 could have foreseen: Tabane was the only thing keeping everyone from going trigger happy with the IS, Kanzashi and Tatenashi were feared enough that no one dared make too much trouble, Charlotte's running of Dunoa kept the cities afloat etc etc. Whether the price of their balance was worth their atrocities is in the eye of the beholder.
Old 2012-06-11, 10:28   Link #32164
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Demi
At slightly different RoF maybe, it was purposefully done with this variability in mind with striking difference between modes. The technical and engineering detail I have yet to touch (whether it's a variable capacitor load or coil adjustment or whatever) but the main purpose is to have superbly powerful & accurate marksman rifle and reliable automatic battle rifle in single package. The middle RoF almost never used at all, in fact (the 120 rpm setting used twice, against Gospel and Golem III).

@ Eras
Mine is not as bad considering the idealistic nature (in spite of being crapsack world and all), but Charlotte did call Charles out for his cold-hearted financial attack on Dunois company. Because as Charlotte put it, "If you act like that you're just as bad as them"
Old 2012-06-11, 10:30   Link #32165
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Well such a rifle would be extremely hard to manufacture with reliability in its service. But that's up to you to decide. The graduality of its design feels a certain sense of redundancy but that's the same way I felt about 3 bullet burst fire in fire selectors... but hey, people still use those.

=))
Old 2012-06-11, 10:40   Link #32166
Eratas123

All of the Heroes (If you can call them that) most likely die by the end too. Kazuma gets perforated by lasers before killing Tabane and sits down on the floor bleeding his guts out. Charles, who just killed his only remaining family, grabs a gun and most likely commits suicide. Shouta distracts a load of IS units and bows up the only exit to keep them from going after civilians. Irish finally gets overwhelmed by the suits and collapses from the strain with blood from the mouth. And Saito hits the overload of the entire area he's in and doesn't bother trying to escape the radius.

Don't you just love happy endings
Old 2012-06-11, 10:44   Link #32167
demino_hellsin
That one guy

dude... those are all GAR ways to die... not really sad or bad. Except for that dude who shot himself, that was gay.(but he killed his family so it could be a reversal in this case.)
Old 2012-06-11, 10:48   Link #32168
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Demi
Well, it really has two reason for exist at all

A. As I.S. mounted weapon, being more complex than working sample is no problem as long as it's reliable (it was developed from bigger 30mm coilgun currently in military service, in universe that is )

B. Being sturdy and heavy as a metal club of same size, like comparing Kalashnikov to Western assault rifle. (The original coilgun lacked complex, reinforced frame housing and stuff like that, opting for simple and reliable suspension and mounting similar to what most Tank guns have)

@ Eras
Well, it's not like happy go lucky harem nuclear family is realistic either, the worst ending is theoretically possible and while some will complain, it's not a 'true' ending either.
Old 2012-06-11, 10:53   Link #32169
Eratas123

@ Demi - There's no good way to be killed. Dead is dead no matter what.

Besides, that's the point of it all: Revenge consumes all, even the one who does it.

@ Senpai - Alright, next part: How would you react if you were sent back to the past and you saw your mom pretty much nearly murder your dad?
Old 2012-06-11, 11:01   Link #32170
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Either freaked out, violently stop it, or calmly stopped it trying to clear the situation.
Old 2012-06-11, 11:04   Link #32171
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@zero: I once had a weird idea about a mech bringing a coil rifle which could not go full auto but had a battle short barrel. In time that it needed more range, it was equipped with a bunker shield that could be deployed on a sniping position as well as storing 2 extra connectible coil barrels... :|

@eras:... Kinda hurtful to Archer fans ya?
Old 2012-06-11, 11:06   Link #32172
Eratas123

I need to work on deconstructing the comedic violence in Fi. For example: Charles remembers and knows his parents as loving to each other and that they have a great relationship. Then you remember the scene where Charlotte nearly gunned Ichika in the face when Chifuyu asked her to........

Nice job traumatizing your kid, Charlotte:/
Old 2012-06-11, 11:13   Link #32173
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Demi
I myself is inspired by a Gundam seed writer who write Linear Gun as very potent compared to canon (weaker than 76mm autocannon, seriously?). And yes, he said the same thing as you, that extra coil can be used to increase power output, though in this case, he also used it as handwave for custom 'marksman' beam rifle.

@ Eras
Blitz would be proud and cackle manically
Old 2012-06-11, 11:18   Link #32174
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Why? It's not that dark. Though he does cry since he misunderstood it.

Besides, there are comedy moments too.

Example: A yaoi fangirl club disguised as a manga club decide they want models and grab two of the kids (Charlotte's and Maya's) to make them do poses. Charles doesn't mind since he doesn't realize anything wrong, while Shouta's disappointed he can't do it with Kazuma (His Bestest buddy:/). Ambigously gay ahoy
Old 2012-06-11, 11:21   Link #32175
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Damn, you owe me a cup of coffee, spilled allover my desk

What I mean is the bad future, if only you read Blitz' 'suggestion' for ST development, you will understand.
Old 2012-06-11, 11:21   Link #32176
demino_hellsin
That one guy

After watching future weapons, the actual power of a railgun is actually great to the point of terrifying. Which gave me a whole new respect for it.
Old 2012-06-11, 11:26   Link #32177
Eratas123

@ Senpai - You mean where everyone dies? If Tabane's included, then I'm all for it (Joke).

Side note - They decide to try and grab the other 2 next since the last 2 were too uke like (Literally, they were wearing jammies and they looked like girls). Of course, the last two were in a vent on the same room they were just in, being Savvy kids and all. Saito, being the only sane man, wants to get the other two out. Kazuma, being the emo clone, doesn't really care and just goes with whoever's telling him orders.
Old 2012-06-11, 11:42   Link #32178
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Demi
Offset by short lifespan than anything else.

@ Eras
Much darker past, including Yoshi being definitely-not-a-villain and Tabane being outright insane and Chifuyu being selectively hypocritical and... well you get the idea. Some of them is incorporated, but more than half of them are purged for great justice.

Note - In TLR Stratos, Mayuzumi-senpai actually trolled the entire campus by spreading around purposefully-chopped suggestive/homoerotic videos, which actually innocent and makes sense in context. Len and Rito strongly object, Charles take offense mostly being portrayed as uke. Everyone else doesn't not give a jack.

Hilariously, it's impossible to find any ho yay scene with Saruyama, except the scene when Rito is forced into drag (of which it was a confusion due to Saruyama's crush on Riko)
Old 2012-06-11, 11:46   Link #32179
Eratas123

Ending still the same?

Side note - So far I have group outing for the cast in mind like Festival, Pool, beach, hot springs (You know what's going to happen here:/), and some others.
Old 2012-06-11, 11:51   Link #32180
Eratas123

Going to sleep now, see ya guys later.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest