AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-10-18, 10:09   Link #1641
JW1

IIRC the anti-gaijin thing started in 2007 when Rika beat Nagi in the final and it turned out on analysis that the majority of Japanese voters had voted for Nagi.
Old 2012-10-18, 10:24   Link #1642
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahelo View Post
^^ The anti-Madoka faction last year ended with a whimper (Erica's princess climb to the semis ended with a slaughter). Though of course, realistically speaking, the last real resistance character in 2011 is Ika-Musume who really put quite a showdown against Mami.
True. I forgot about Erica's lopsided loss. But many of them still fought well. Ika Musume is a good example as you mentioned - she fought tooth, nail and tentacle against Mami. Getting 612 legal votes in recent, overzealous IP ban conditions is no easy feat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW1 View Post
IIRC the anti-gaijin thing started in 2007 when Rika beat Nagi in the final and it turned out on analysis that the majority of Japanese voters had voted for Nagi.
Yes, but I thought a reasonable amount of people with non-Japanese IPs were still able to vote in Saimoe 2008, with me being one of them for my first Saimoe voting experience (no idea for 2009 since I inadvertently skipped that one due to Touhou addiction that year). And so I mentioned my belief that the bans were less strict before 2010.

Last edited by Coldlight; 2012-10-18 at 10:45.
Old 2012-10-18, 10:30   Link #1643
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aya Reiko View Post
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Guessing...
... Louise

Why is anyone surprised with Saki's dominance? In previous years they tended to dominate the Top 8 spots. And then we have this year with noticably weaker opposition...
No we are surprised how Saki is dominating to the point it's ridiculous like "Oh you aren't Saki I won't let you win no matter how strong you are" level they may have 4 characters in the top 8 in 2009 but they didn't win it all while this year is 6/8 are Saki girls and has a very high chance of winning to make it worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion475 View Post
And IP ban has to do with Saki dominance, how?
If there weren't IP bans more likely Saki won't be dominating at this ridiculous level I assume the IP bans applies for mostly foriegn votes since Saki isn't that popular anywhere thats outside of Japan there would be more Sakis losing and for people who lives in Japan and got their ip banned there's a possiblity they don't like/ don't know about Saki .

Last edited by Ichuki; 2012-10-18 at 10:49.
Old 2012-10-18, 10:39   Link #1644
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
Good to see Hisa won but I wonder how those Japanese will feel about the lack of diversity. Will they happy with this or will they begin to wonder if it's a mistake and regret strict IP ban. When did they start this strict IP ban?
And IP ban has to do with Saki dominance, how? They dominate back in 2009 and 2010 also with a much smaller poll. Even when a Saki girls lose back then, it's never by much...

And quite frankly, the competition is just weak. So far, the only 2 results that I don't like that involved Saki is A3-1 (Saki > Kobato) and E02 (Yumi > Erio). Even then, Yumi is helped by the 3-way Saki match...

Anyway, Yayoi puts up a good fight. She's just not strong enough, though, to throw the most undeserving QFist out...2-1 in prediction.

For next round, no Saki for 1 match, and it's a battle between a old-school pink and a new-school pink. I'm going with Hinata. おー!Personally I'm a fan of both, but we need a new face, and we all know they'll pit Louise against Nodocchi if she won
Old 2012-10-18, 10:42   Link #1645
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Next year there's gonna be MadokaSaimoe 2.0. Mark my words.
Old 2012-10-18, 10:47   Link #1646
Wanderer
Goat

Round 1: Picks (45-43-8), Predictions (69-27)
Round 2: Picks (12-20), Predictions (22-10)
Round 3: Picks (7-9), Predictions (13-3)
Round 4: Picks (1-2), Predictions (2-1)

Mixed feelings. Love Hisa. Don't love the -Saki- dominance. Well, actually at this point I kind of just want to go with it. Let's break some more records, -Saki-.

Hinata Hakamada @ Ro-Kyu-Bu!: <<袴田ひなた@ロウきゅーぶ!>>
Louise De La Valliere @ Zero's Familiar: <<ルイズ・フランソワーズ・ル・ブラン・ド・ラ・ヴァリエール@ゼロの使い魔F>>

This match I think is extremely close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hachiko View Post
If Saki voters are smart, they go with Hinata.
I'm not even sure if Louise is a greater threat to them than Hinata. Actually, neither of them really are a threat to speak of in the first place.

Quote:
To me, Kirame got this far on two grounds: 1. her catchphrase, and 2. the fact that she is a Kuroko clone, point whippersnapper antics notwithstanding. The turnout here will be big, but not that big because according to my odds, under 600 votes will be cast, and Kuro will coast over the other Kuro-er, Kirame. Not handing Subara the keys to my Subaru this time. She got her test drive, and that's all she's going to get.
Calling Kirame a Kuroko clone is like calling Tacos a Shana clone. The only thing they really have in common is their VAs.

What I like is about Kirame is that she's both optimistic and realistic at the same time. The only reason Teru didn't just outright beat everyone is because Kirame actually took the initiative and confronted her, again and again. Meanwhile Kuro just sat there, afraid to adapt until the very last second.

And by the way, I hate you for your lame Kirame Subaru jokes. Now every time I drive by that Subaru place on my way into town, I can't help but think "すばらっ!" It doesn't help that the Subaru logo is all sparkly, either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
Good to see Hisa won but I wonder how those Japanese will feel about the lack of diversity. Will they happy with this or will they begin to wonder if it's a mistake and regret strict IP ban. When did they start this strict IP ban?
It's been getting gradually more and more restrictive over the years, starting after 2007, I think.

However, I don't think the lack of diversity will end the IP ban. Despite complaints from some people, -Saki- is winning because the majority of the 2ch community is voting for it. Some may complain about the lack of diversity, but even more would probably complain about a bunch of outsiders flooding in and, in overwhelming numbers, voting for characters that aren't that popular among the 2ch community. Which is what used to happen and why they started the ban in the first place. Probably.

Still, though, I don't get it. I live in Japan and I'm banned. What does one have to do to not be banned?
Old 2012-10-18, 11:21   Link #1647
Archaeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion475 View Post
And IP ban has to do with Saki dominance, how? They dominate back in 2009 and 2010 also with a much smaller poll. Even when a Saki girls lose back then, it's never by much...

And quite frankly, the competition is just weak. So far, the only 2 results that I don't like that involved Saki is A3-1 (Saki > Kobato) and E02 (Yumi > Erio). Even then, Yumi is helped by the 3-way Saki match...

Anyway, Yayoi puts up a good fight. She's just not strong enough, though, to throw the most undeserving QFist out...2-1 in prediction.

For next round, no Saki for 1 match, and it's a battle between a old-school pink and a new-school pink. I'm going with Hinata. おー!Personally I'm a fan of both, but we need a new face, and we all know they'll pit Louise against Nodocchi if she won
Well, that's what ahelo suggest at post 1622.

Last edited by Archaeon; 2012-10-18 at 11:36.
Old 2012-10-18, 12:23   Link #1648
JW1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldlight View Post
Yes, but I thought a reasonable amount of people with non-Japanese IPs were still able to vote in Saimoe 2008, with me being one of them for my first Saimoe voting experience (no idea for 2009 since I inadvertently skipped that one due to Touhou addiction that year). And so I mentioned my belief that the bans were less strict before 2010.
Oh, I didn't mean to imply it was a big deal in '08. Just that that was when we started hearing that 2ch were displeased with foreigners upsetting 'their' poll.
Old 2012-10-18, 12:40   Link #1649
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Quote:
If Saki voters are smart, they go with Hinata.
I don't think threats even exist in this Saki-poll 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahelo View Post
This year though, the Top 8 is looking bleaker and bleaker. The worst top 8 that I'd imagine might just come true (6 Sakis, 2 Ries). Oh god, I really don't want this year to turn into a Saki poll (which it almost already is).
I know right the 6 Sakis is definetly going to happen ( I don't think Sanya's strength is even close to Yuu's) but I'm not sure of the 2 Ries but even if the 2 Ries ends up going to finals they'll just be treated as fodders who gets destroyed by the Saki faction *sigh* Just when I thought Saimoe 2012 will be diverse.... to be honest I'm scared for Saimoe 2013 because one faction taking over it sounds plausible. Well for 2013 I don't mind if the series dominating had 3 or less main characters.

Last edited by Ichuki; 2012-10-18 at 17:23.
Old 2012-10-18, 12:44   Link #1650
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldlight View Post
True. I forgot about Erica's lopsided loss. But many of them still fought well. Ika Musume is a good example as you mentioned - she fought tooth, nail and tentacle against Mami. Getting 612 legal votes in recent, overzealous IP ban conditions is no easy feat.

it wasn't a complete ban overnight but the ip bans became more restrictive after 07. At its height a normal match would have around 1300 to 1800 votes not counting the Premier matches which could range up to 4000+ votes. In comparison this years highest Vote Total in a single match is 1000.
Old 2012-10-18, 13:49   Link #1651
RJ TAYLER

All change at the station with our first leadership change of the day. More [hopefully] to come.
Old 2012-10-18, 15:47   Link #1652
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Even as a huge Saki fan, I have to sympathize with those disliking how much Saki is dominating this year.

I strongly defended Madoka Magica domination in 2011, but that was partly because the anti-Madoka side of the equation at least put up a serious and interesting fight right through the semis (as was already mentioned, Squid Girl gave Mami quite the fight in the Final 8 match-ups). I also think there was a bit more doubt as to which Madoka girl would win it all, whereas Toki winning J-SaiMoe 2012 seems like a fait accompli at this point, and we're not even into the Final 8 yet.

But the problem isn't with the Saki faction, really. The problem is with everybody else. Everybody else this year is just ridiculously weak.

It's almost a shame that Achiga-hen came out this year, because if it hadn't, this really might have been Shana's year....
Old 2012-10-18, 15:54   Link #1653
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Even as a huge Saki fan, I have to sympathize with those disliking how much Saki is dominating this year.

I strongly defended Madoka Magica domination in 2011, but that was partly because the anti-Madoka side of the equation at least put up a serious and interesting fight right through the semis (as was already mentioned, Squid Girl gave Mami quite the fight in the Final 8 match-ups). I also think there was a bit more doubt as to which Madoka girl would win it all, whereas Toki winning J-SaiMoe 2012 seems like a fait accompli at this point, and we're not even into the Final 8 yet.
there would have been no doubt at all but for that cheating in first round which knock off Homu.

Quote:
But the problem isn't with the Saki faction, really. The problem is with everybody else. Everybody else this year is just ridiculously weak.

It's almost a shame that Achiga-hen came out this year, because if it hadn't, this really might have been Shana's year....
The ip bans don't help.
Old 2012-10-18, 16:51   Link #1654
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
there would have been no doubt at all but for that cheating in first round which knock off Homu.
Even if you're right, it's kind of beside the point. By hook or by crook, Homura was knocked off very early, and hence she ended up having little impact on J-SaiMoe 2011 (except, perhaps, in inspiring Madoka faction voters).

The fact is that J-SaiMoe 2011 had more doubt and unpredictability than what we've seen this year.
Old 2012-10-18, 17:00   Link #1655
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...

Picks: 0-1 (0-3, 79-68)
Predictions: 1-0 (1-2, 106-41)

Perfectly fine with this outcome. Now for a change of scenery...

Pick: Hinata
Predictions: Hinata

おー!
Old 2012-10-18, 17:37   Link #1656
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Yea I feel really bad for Shana since this is most likely her final saimoe and Achiga-hen just ruined her chance because of their over dominance. This makes me wonder if Madoka Magica (excluding Homura due to the cheating incident) and Achiga-hen will get severely weakened in 2013 Saimoe because of their dominance kinda like when Lucky Star dominated in the top 2 spots in 2008 then became really weak in 2009 or they'll be strong still but thanks some other strong future faction they'll just end up looking weak.

Last edited by Ichuki; 2012-10-18 at 17:55.
Old 2012-10-18, 18:12   Link #1657
Hachiko
The Akita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
Calling Kirame a Kuroko clone is like calling Tacos a Shana clone. The only thing they really have in common is their VAs.

What I like is about Kirame is that she's both optimistic and realistic at the same time. The only reason Teru didn't just outright beat everyone is because Kirame actually took the initiative and confronted her, again and again. Meanwhile Kuro just sat there, afraid to adapt until the very last second.

And by the way, I hate you for your lame Kirame Subaru jokes. Now every time I drive by that Subaru place on my way into town, I can't help but think "すばらっ!" It doesn't help that the Subaru logo is all sparkly, either.
Those are good points but in the end, the catchphrase is the bread and butter. At least from my perspective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichuki View Post
I don't think threats even exist in this Saki-poll 2012
If they want Kugyuu to no longer be a factor, Hakamada is the way to go. And so far...it looks like Louise is getting the job done early.
Old 2012-10-18, 18:17   Link #1658
Team Rocket Elite

Puella Magi will be weaker because they already won. Even though she got cheated, Homura will probably be weaker as well. If not, we'll probably have our first series repeat winner. I'm interested in seeing how well Misaka does. Will the voters hold a grudge against her for cheating the character who likely would have won out of the contest?
Old 2012-10-18, 18:27   Link #1659
Hachiko
The Akita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Rocket Elite View Post
Puella Magi will be weaker because they already won. Even though she got cheated, Homura will probably be weaker as well. If not, we'll probably have our first series repeat winner. I'm interested in seeing how well Misaka does. Will the voters hold a grudge against her for cheating the character who likely would have won out of the contest?
I'll be shocked if Mikoto advances past the first round next year.
Old 2012-10-18, 18:42   Link #1660
stormtrooper

Quote:
I'll be shocked if Mikoto advances past the first round next year.
It can happen if her opponents are weak enough.

Tags
2012, anime saimoe tournament, saimoe, tournament