AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Sakurasou

Notices

View Poll Results: Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo - Episode 24 (END) Rating
Perfect 10 28 46.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 23 38.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 4 6.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 5.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 3.33%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-03-25, 22:22   Link #21
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplehurry View Post
Kinda of ironic actually... considering one of the main theme of this story
It's actually quite a good show so this series having low sales for whatever the reasons are is quite a disappointment. Was looking forward to a season 2 or ova continuation.
Old 2013-03-25, 22:28   Link #22
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Bravo!

Probably the one I'm happiest on staying was Nanami. While I'm still on the Mashiron ship (very few VAs beats Kayanon in my book), her story was the one the depressed me the most. While the other residents can fail only to live another day to try again, hers had the biggest ultimatum in that if she didn't succeed, she didn't have the choice to try again. But glad she is back after 'convincing' her parents to come back... I would've been very disappointed with all that hard work put into being a VA, if she didn't have the resolve to convince her parents to let her try again even if she has already failed once. (After all, High School VA prodigies like Hayami Saori/Hanazawa Kana are rare... I mean, the female lead VA of this show, Kayano Ai, didn't get a 'real' role till 23)

And yeah, I'm glad with all the resolutions to the love aspect of the show. Goes without saying with Jin/Misaki... the moment they revealed it was a marriage certificate, I knew Misaki wouldn't be able to wait. But I still like Rita and how she won't let Ryuu forget her.

Which leads me to what is probably my only beef with the show... they kinda left Kanda's love life in the backburner. We didn't really get to see Kanda really become romantically involved with any of the girls, as he's too busy with his game presentations and preventing Sakurasou from getting demolished. Heck they gave more time to Rita/Ryuu than Kanda's romance, and these two didn't even appear until around halfway throughout the show.

But hey, I guess that's why we only get a kiss in the cheek with that couple, compared to everyone else's. But looking back in hindsight, I honestly can say Kanda doesn't really deserve more, as just a few episodes ago he was still lashing on Mashiro on HIS failure.

So yeah, I actually like how this episode gives fitting 'rewards' to the couple based on how far their relationship has progressed. I mean...

JinXMisaki - get married, as the series pretty much was the 'end game' of their romance story
RyuuXRita - full mouth to mouth kiss, as it's obvious the two have started to be really into each other
KandaXMashiro - kiss in the cheek... basically a start in the romance route
KandaXNanami - nothing as they made no romantic progress
ChizuruXKazuki - start over by drinking together

In the end, while I'd be hardpressed to say that this series will be memorable in years to come (especially when 2012 had great gems like Humanity Has Declined and Blast of Tempest), it was still a very enjoyable ride.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2013-03-25, 22:34   Link #23
CommanderChaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
It's been commented quite a few times throughout the threads. There was a korean type of dish that done in one of the early episodes. That created quite an uproar with the Japanese otakus. They started saying that the series was "selling out" to the Koreans and started posting negative comments on websites like Amazon Japan. The initial sales were good, but subsequent sales were down after this whole hoopla.
i also heard there were complaints for episode 23 in the ceremony scene. I think people were complaining that there weren't any national flags in the gym, and that they weren't singing the national anthem or something like that, saying its a Korean conspiracy. Such a shame. You can tell a lot of work has been put Into this show, and it was very good. Ashame it's doing poorly for such stupid reasons.
Old 2013-03-25, 23:14   Link #24
akron88

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderChaos View Post
i also heard there were complaints for episode 23 in the ceremony scene. I think people were complaining that there weren't any national flags in the gym, and that they weren't singing the national anthem or something like that, saying its a Korean conspiracy. Such a shame. You can tell a lot of work has been put Into this show, and it was very good. Ashame it's doing poorly for such stupid reasons.
You'd think those otakus are practically uyoku dantai they way they'd go and sink a nice series such as this.
Old 2013-03-26, 00:47   Link #25
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Nanamin !!!

A really nice finale...

Quote:
Probably the one I'm happiest on staying was Nanami. While I'm still on the Mashiron ship (very few VAs beats Kayanon in my book), her story was the one the depressed me the most. While the other residents can fail only to live another day to try again, hers had the biggest ultimatum in that if she didn't succeed, she didn't have the choice to try again. But glad she is back after 'convincing' her parents to come back... I would've been very disappointed with all that hard work put into being a VA, if she didn't have the resolve to convince her parents to let her try again even if she has already failed once. (After all, High School VA prodigies like Hayami Saori/Hanazawa Kana are rare... I mean, the female lead VA of this show, Kayano Ai, didn't get a 'real' role till 23)
Even Nanamin's VA, Nakatsu Mariko, doesn't count young anymore when she auditioned for Nanamin's role.
Old 2013-03-26, 05:49   Link #26
eduard3

Ending was great, even if its leaving as an open ending (There's obviously more coming) it does a very good job to satisfy me as a watcher. 10/10 for an ending episode

For the anime..

Loved the anime.

I nearly dropped it thinking it would be one of those generic fan service anime (Name and first few ep fanservice) But thank god I held on to it long enough. I was a very very fun ride to be on. If this doesn't get a season 2 because of poor sales.......NATURAL SELECTION PLEASE DO YOUR THING ....

I'd give it a 8.5 at the LEAST? First few eps and name is a bit misleading but it turned out to be much more than I thought it would be.
Old 2013-03-26, 08:04   Link #27
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

In a long streak of betting on the wrong horse, I'm glad that for once I've picked the winning horse right from the start I don't know if anyone noticed, but mid way through I'm glad that comparisons with Toradora stopped naturally- This story isn't really as romance driven as that, but thank God Sakurasou was able to do it's own thing and stand on it's own merits... And actually does it better than if it was just about romance.

The two new characters were like a huge push to make me want to continue the story in the Light Novel I mean come on- The perfect bookworm girl with a misunderstood but proactive pervert guy? The comedy just writes itself !
Old 2013-03-26, 08:28   Link #28
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
In a long streak of betting on the wrong horse, I'm glad that for once I've picked the winning horse right from the start I don't know if anyone noticed, but mid way through I'm glad that comparisons with Toradora stopped naturally- This story isn't really as romance driven as that, but thank God Sakurasou was able to do it's own thing and stand on it's own merits... And actually does it better than if it was just about romance.

The two new characters were like a huge push to make me want to continue the story in the Light Novel I mean come on- The perfect bookworm girl with a misunderstood but proactive pervert guy? The comedy just writes itself !
Betting on horses, haha... I'd rather not bet, after I loss the Taiora beat I gave up on shipping only some rare few romances can make me choose although I also always expect the worse.

Agreed on your comments the lack of focus on the romance made the other themes in the show stand out which made me appreciate it more. Although I have to admit watching Mashiro and Sorata grow together and mature together was undeniably satisfying.
Old 2013-03-26, 08:29   Link #29
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeEntity View Post
Betting on horses, haha... I'd rather not bet, after I loss the Taiora beat I gave up on shipping only some rare few romances can make me choose although I also always expect the worse.
Lol no, I was referring to the show, not on any couple

Too many times I had taken a gamble with shows before the season starts only to be let down.
Old 2013-03-26, 08:33   Link #30
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Lol no, I was referring to the show, not on any couple

Too many times I had taken a gamble with shows before the season starts only to be let down.
Haha too bad about your bad strings of shows hopefully your luck picks up, I usually follow a simple rule of trying all the LN adaptions and Original works... Most importantly stay away from VN adaption those rarely end well.
Old 2013-03-26, 09:15   Link #31
Marower

I will miss this anime. It is not often at least I see light novel adaptations that have some sort of ambition and progressing story.

Old 2013-03-26, 09:28   Link #32
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
So I guess this ending is a-okay, but I think it leaves it open for another season... if those viewers can support it through DVD/Blu-Ray sales.
Old 2013-03-26, 10:10   Link #33
akron88

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Really enjoyed the finale. Good closure while staying open enough for another season.
Exactly. When I started seeing this, I thought it being a slice of life, it was probably gonna be a depressive tearfest (it for the sake of it). Heh, anything but, the new characters there have a lot of potential, and EVEN though Mashiro and Sorata didn't really go places it was still a fulfilling closure regarding the season as a whole. If it never got a second season it would still be a good enough ending.

I mean hell, yesterday I watched both TV and Movie ending of Rahxephon (I disliked both). The ending in Sakurasou just makes me happy is such an explained ending and no **** like "oh, it's open to interpretation blah blah", which to be honest I'm sick of already! tis' was both a good, hopeful ending, and yet was not a saccharine, cheap and last minute contrived "happy" ending!
Old 2013-03-26, 11:26   Link #34
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
It's been commented quite a few times throughout the threads. There was a korean type of dish that done in one of the early episodes. That created quite an uproar with the Japanese otakus. They started saying that the series was "selling out" to the Koreans and started posting negative comments on websites like Amazon Japan. The initial sales were good, but subsequent sales were down after this whole hoopla.
lmao what a load.
Old 2013-03-26, 11:45   Link #35
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The ending hit the perfect balance. Enough closure that there is no real need for a second season, and yet still open enough that they can make one if they wish to. My only complaint is that Sorata didn't kiss Mashiro. Lame.

The best part of the ending for me was Nanami staying at Sakurasou. I'm delighted she didn't have to give up on her dream.

The new residents seem interesting. I like the guy already. When Mashiro told him to undress, he did right away, no questions asked. He's got potential.
Old 2013-03-26, 19:49   Link #36
ion475
にこにこにー

Well...so, that's the end...

1. Too bad a certain Samgyetang ruin it all...
2. Well, for J.C. Staff it's actually not that bad. Original LN is actually pretty good, though, so I would give more credit to Kamoshita-sensei here.
3. And I'm not sure whether there are really enough material for Season 2 anyway. Next volume (Vol. 10) is the last and the story already goes all the way to Vol. 7...
4. Which is too bad, Iori would makes a great comedy relief...

But then...
Spoiler for LN Stuff:
Old 2013-03-26, 20:22   Link #37
Kyuu
=^^=

Alright. Just when I find myself complaining about this series 3-4 episodes ago. This ending. I am pleased.
Old 2013-03-26, 20:24   Link #38
AP24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion475 View Post
3. And I'm not sure whether there are really enough material for Season 2 anyway. Next volume (Vol. 10) is the last and the story already goes all the way to Vol. 7...
Only very small part of vol 7 was covered in the anime so there are almost 4 volumes left to be covered. 4 volumes is enough to be covered in a one-cour season, so there should be enough material for season 2.
Old 2013-03-26, 20:28   Link #39
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

They could of course toss in vol 7.5 if they really need material.
Old 2013-03-27, 17:35   Link #40
Dop
Mmmm....

That was a charming ending to a delightful series that I really enjoyed, far more than the title had led me to think.
No last minute drama or waterworks, and an opening for a second series should they get it, but still a good way to end if they don't.

Another year at Sakurasou would be very nice though, so I'd hope they do get a second season, even if one cour. I did like what I saw of the new characters, they'll fit in real well.

Overall, this is the kind of show I find J.C.Staff does well.

Finally, having read some of the above comments, people who whinge about food and flags are idiots. Last refuge of a scoundrel, and all that.
Let's discuss the show and leave the lunatic fringe out of it, OK?
Closed Thread