AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-05-05, 07:43   Link #30441
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Layman terms please, before my brain explode :|
Old 2012-05-05, 07:48   Link #30442
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

@Jak: Yes, he's a stuck-up asshole. If you want to prove him wrong IMPROVE YOUR WRITING. Critics criticize people because they have no talent. If you want to prove someone wrong, prove them wrong, don't whine about it.

Man up. Think your story through. Read more actual books.

If you think I'm an asshole and want to kill me next, then that's fine. But if you continue to write the same way you always have, don't think you have the right to criticize because it proves you're just another failure blaming everyone else for the fact that you are utterly useless. Your fic has not really improved in style since you started. And I don't see you actually taking ANY advice that anyone here has suggested to improve your story. And here you are saying you want to kill someone who--GRANTED THE DOIRK WITH A THOUSAND FACES IS A jERK--but he can write. You can't.

Last edited by wavehawk; 2012-05-05 at 07:58.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 07:51   Link #30443
demino_hellsin
That one guy

It just means that I'ma put quantum computer in but no AI. AI's normally exist because the traditional interface between a user and the computer would be way complicated like how we have windows now instead of the traditional DOS, to make our lives easier.

However the UC won't have an AI. Instead it has a very manageable way for the pilot to link up their minds with the quantum computer. Since the commands and receivable instructions are simplistic, this means that the full potential of the machine may be inhibited by such simplistic processes.

Spoiler for those who still don't understand:
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 08:06   Link #30444
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Dude, it also means it is faster at processing the data....

Seriously.

On a different note: How can it not have an AI when it need to analyze something as complex as a human brain?

Edit: No, I am serious.
What if the Pilot is thinking about Panties?
Will the machine make Panties instead of weapon?

A machine without AI is basically what you want is exactly what you get unless there is some serious glitch or problems in the hardware/software.
Old 2012-05-05, 08:07   Link #30445
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

I give up. I can't write worth a damn either.
Old 2012-05-05, 08:08   Link #30446
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
I give up. I can't write worth a damn either.
You lie. YOU POISON THE ATMOSPHERE WITH THIS LIE.
Old 2012-05-05, 08:10   Link #30447
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Don't worry about it. This Series' premises is really hard to write...

You might want to try something else.... Like Dragon Nest Fanfic?
Old 2012-05-05, 08:11   Link #30448
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Box, if I cold ff---ng write, I'd be a legitimate writer porking out a book a year. I am not. And I can't figure out what next to write out side of me bing angry, depressed, borderline homicidal-suicidal and generally not a happy person at this point in time as I despreately am looking for a new place to live without havign to throw away all my stuff.
Old 2012-05-05, 08:12   Link #30449
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

...and if you notice I can;t evn speel!
Old 2012-05-05, 08:15   Link #30450
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
Box, if I cold ff---ng write, I'd be a legitimate writer porking out a book a year. I am not. And I can't figure out what next to write out side of me bing angry, depressed, borderline homicidal-suicidal and generally not a happy person at this point in time as I despreately am looking for a new place to live without havign to throw away all my stuff.
Like hell, you don't need to be published to know you can write. To me you need only be able to convey your ideas in writing without pissing yourself off at the discrepancy between what's in your head and what's been written down.

So I guess by that logic maybe you really can't write since it doesn't look like you're satisfied with what you do. Hell, I guess you can say the same for me. However, everything from you that I've read has impressed me--I wanted to be able t convey my ideas just as well as that but I couldn't.

I never run out of ideas, but I'm never able to convey them satisfyingly.
Old 2012-05-05, 08:16   Link #30451
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@age: It's not too complicated. A thought as a whim and a thought as a serious thought are two different things. I could either apply freudian ideas of psychology and say the tripartite psyches must be synchronized or at least have a 2 out of 3 synch. Or I could say something else like the unit can tell apart between a random spike and a coherent idea.

If the thought was about panties... well you take guesses

@wave: You used to be cool D: what happen to you bro?

can't get ideas? Don't think! channel bruce lee and kick ass ROAR!
Old 2012-05-05, 08:30   Link #30452
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Old man
Calm down, daddy, don't take it too hard.

Back to techwank: I guess because you (yes, YOU) have to process everything in DOS rather than XP (D:/WSP/Sub/Sp_smg90.arm - "wtf"). DOS allow more flexibility and save a lot of processing power, but damn if they work faster in real time than say, functional windows.

The human always been the limit.
Old 2012-05-05, 08:50   Link #30453
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
@age: It's not too complicated. A thought as a whim and a thought as a serious thought are two different things. I could either apply freudian ideas of psychology and say the tripartite psyches must be synchronized or at least have a 2 out of 3 synch. Or I could say something else like the unit can tell apart between a random spike and a coherent idea.

If the thought was about panties... well you take guesses

@wave: You used to be cool D: what happen to you bro?

can't get ideas? Don't think! channel bruce lee and kick ass ROAR!
The problem is: How does it determine what is Coherent or not without an AI?

Edit: You can easily end up with a weapon that can not function in real life
Old 2012-05-05, 09:05   Link #30454
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@age: Then you're saying that a weapon is only competent if even a retarded twit with ADHD can use it to lay waste to your enemies.

A whim is a whim and only crosses as a spike or a slight fluctuation. A prolonged serious thought would be more along the lines of a repeating wave(probably. I'm no brain surgeon). by differentiating between them the unit can tell which is a whim and which isn't.

And with the panties... you must really like to give weapons of mass destruction to people with absolutely no dreams, no morals and utterly no character.

Before you say anything about most stuff like this falls into the hands of such beings anyway, please realize that I already know of such a thing.
Old 2012-05-05, 10:14   Link #30455
agetreme
Just another Idiot

@wavehawk: try working on self-insert/fufilment story(to make you feel happy). it work for me. some writer does that and still manage to publish book....

@demino: the panties is only just an example. human brain is actually more complex than you thought. what i meant in earlier post is: how does the machine ensure the practity of the made weapon? for example: a really big sword. how is the machine going to ensure that it is able to function as a weapon without the wieght issue?

don't forget: no ai

edit: dude. placing super weapons in the hands of morrons had been done before by others in real life.

you really need to ensure the machine won't fall into the wrong hand.
may be some sort of personality test?

it is really hard to think and type on iphone....

moar edit: i mean safety measures....to ensure that wouldn't happen.

Last edited by agetreme; 2012-05-05 at 10:29.
agetreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 10:28   Link #30456
demino_hellsin
That one guy

That is why I said that the system is unreliable and therefore inferior to the IS quantization tech. The problem of conceptualization can be bypassed by ignoring simple details and adding profound qualities that can make it do it's job. In short don't complicate it, just make sure it does its job. Should it fail, further trials can be done.

To make it reliable, "etching" the logic is efficient. In exchange for ensuring consistent realization of specific abilities and equipment, the freedom of materializing anything using merely the mind as blueprints is reduced or removed. I already spoke about this above.

The lack of AI is merely replaced with a simpler logic design which means it was designed to understand basic ideas/commands of the brain. This means it's an advanced program however it is not as advanced as those found on IS which are learning AI with limited sentience and therefore extremely difficult or impossible to recreate like yesterday's toast.
Old 2012-05-05, 10:48   Link #30457
agetreme
Just another Idiot

by your defination, it means the most complex thing that machine could only make is.......really good looking sword/axe/spear because quite a number of advance weapons such as guns...etc is unfestible using that machine. because they are anything but simple.( lots of engineering thoughts had went into making a rifle you know.)

which kind of make the machine pointless.

there is a way to do such machine: engineering translation(I can tell you what it means but it is better for you to figure it out yourself)
Old 2012-05-05, 10:58   Link #30458
demino_hellsin
That one guy

again... you make it sound like the weapon is only successful if it can retain its potency even in the hands of someone who is utterly brain-dead.

It's true that guns and the like aren't simple to make. However the system isn't completely idiotic either. If you thought to yourself a functional gun, it would create the necessary logical lines to reach the desired conclusion to generate the gun in a functional state. The firepower however maybe left much to be desired as well as structural stability and overall capability. But then again, I already stated that the system was unreliable.

Another thing, the mechanism may not be for one to generate excessively advanced equipment which is another weakness due to system restraints as provided by human bottleneck.
Old 2012-05-05, 11:25   Link #30459
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
again... you make it sound like the weapon is only successful if it can retain its potency even in the hands of someone who is utterly brain-dead.
Engineering 101.(Yea.. it is really part of the engineer's job to make things as fool proof as possible....)

Because things can happen.

Face it: most humans are dumb, stupid and dangerous creature. And since you are making weapon for them.

It is in your best interest to try and make sure they don't blow themselves up while trying to use that weapon.

========

Moar Edit: In a sense, Tabane is a really good engineer considering that Ichika know how to pilot one just by coming into contact with one in spite of having no experience with it what-so-ever.

It is also part of Engineer's job to make sure things fail safely.... which IS does in event of high-speed collision.....

======

I give up. I think I should stop playing game.

Note: this is probably the layman version of your machine:

A very summarized version: The machine is an Automated Engineer.

Long version: Think of the brain as a client of the Engineer,

The human brain define the parameters and the function of the product the machine is making and the the limitation which it should not exceed.

(Human world version: The client request certain machine with certain size and function to be made and the engineer take down notes of it)

====

For example: a flying machine.

The Machine will search its database for the closest result to what the human brain wanted and retrieve the relevant information (such as the parts needed and how to make a flying machine). And Make it.

(Human world version: Using the knowledge of what he know, the engineer think of the materials,parts and method needed to make the machine as close as the client's specification as possible.)

There you go, nothing complex, just a search engine with human mind as input. (edit: and end with a prototype of the end result)

However, such machine has two limitation:

1. It is limited by the database within the machine (it can't invent/discover new technology... only make things based on current technology (trust me, it is enough most of the time)).

2. It is unreliable (human's problem, can't fault the machine for that)..... because lots of parameters goes undefined by human (and can get very complex and time-consuming if the user tries to define them all) and being computer program, it just follow instruction and make one without filling up the gaps.
result:
A gun with lots of firepower will work but will also have lots of recoil which will destroy the gun..... or too heavy to wield or... just not that powerful or have really short range. (assuming that it has the resources)

==

Edit: I think you can make a flow chart (of the machine's program) from my explanation.
MOar edit: If the above is not the description of your machine, don't worry, because it's my idea... (yea... few of my ideals get mentioned again... Great mind thinks alike?)

Last edited by agetreme; 2012-05-05 at 12:00.
agetreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 17:20   Link #30460
Eratas123

Interesting conversations here. Shouldn't have slept early.

@ Box - Who's the new Avatar?

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest