AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 36 40.45%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 32 35.96%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 19.10%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 3.37%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.12%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-27, 02:19   Link #61
way2slow

Send a message via AIM to way2slow
this episode made me lol when Yuji went berserk with his yell.
i was also thinking "Did I just see some panties?" hah.
Old 2008-02-27, 02:27   Link #62
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by way2slow View Post
i was also thinking "Did I just see some panties?" hah.
According to Kinny Riddle, then yes, there are. I would be pretty surprise if you had spotted them in episode 13 though... which most didn't (including me). I don't remember who spotted them panty shots in episode 13.

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
Old 2008-02-27, 02:40   Link #63
Zippicus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
Good for you, coming up with valid reasons and all.

You keep running with that, I'm going to keep laughing at Yuji choking people to death.

(And no, I'm not belitting you ;p).
That's fine, I don't feel belittled

But I do have to agree with this guy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Nemo View Post
Got to say, I don't understand your sense of humor at all...
Old 2008-02-27, 03:07   Link #64
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

It's more like I'm laughing at the attempt to make him worthwhile then the actual actions really.

I guess you could say I'm laughing at the show, instead of just Yuji.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Old 2008-02-27, 04:22   Link #65
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
I'm not too sure if I had ever mention which episode seems to be the best in this season, but this one definitely topped it all so far.

Episode 19 Thoughts:
Spoiler for space:

The preview sounds and looks really good. Considering how Season 1 really got into the groove for action in the last quarter, I'm really looking forward to this.
Old 2008-02-27, 06:35   Link #66
Tendou88

nice episode

Yuji seems to be very strong atm
Old 2008-02-27, 06:42   Link #67
Deathscyther

Great episode. One of the best of the series =)

Quote:
I don't quite understand why people can't believe that the Yuji in this episode could be the same one 18 episodes and one season ago. People change, and especially so for his case, where he was thrusted right into the world of the Tomogara after meeting all sorts of characters from there. There have been lots of development for him; plenty of battles, ordeals even that shaped his character up to what he is currently. The display of "ruthlessness" and strength from him here is simply waiting to show itself.
I agree with this. I don't understand how some people can't believe his character development, while it has been nicely built up during the first and second season.

In every battle he learned something; during training with Shana/Wilhelmina/Margery he became stronger; and he always was good at analyzing the situation.

So I don't know why his character now should be so unbelievable. The neckbreaking was a surprise yeah, but I figure that's just because he was finally being honest to himself.

Quote:
Chigusa: "I can taste that it will work."

Wilhelmina: "Snapping turtle, pit viper, garlic...."

Alastor: "Won't that worsen the condition..?"
Lol, this made me laugh too when I was watching it =P

I can't wait for the next episode. It's going to be good~
Old 2008-02-27, 06:47   Link #68
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Welcome back, Sakai Yuuji S1! We missed your sharp senses and serious attitude. Where were you when the Oblivious Haremite was running around impersonating you, huh?

'bout time for the last arc to pick things up.

Though I do find it amusing how natural it seems to him to start breaking people's neck by hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tendou88 View Post
Yuji seems to be very strong atm
I think the Tomogara he "necked" happens to be an exceedingly weak one, though.

Doesn't mean he isn't totally awesome now that he can throw fireballs, swing around that giant sword, do nifty things with his massive mana pool, and, apparently, finally get his senses back.

#########

I do notice some things though: it seems as if Shana is being slowly sidelined from the main role of the show. Honestly, it has always been about Yuuji, but Shana doesn't do much anymore except being infatuated with the Mystes and fly around with her katana not hitting anything too big. Next episode, hopefully, will have her do more of that action thing of hers.

Here's hoping that the sabrac dude is as good as he's touted to be.
Old 2008-02-27, 07:04   Link #69
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
Here's hoping that the sabrac dude is as good as he's touted to be.
You don't have to worry. Without using novel spoilers (stuff you can look into in the novel discussion thread), it was mentioned a few episodes ago that Wilhelmina was almost KILLED by Sabrac, and the preview sums it up with one word, so there shouldn't be too much cause for worry.
Old 2008-02-27, 08:58   Link #70
Kisuke06
I see...

Even though that tomogara was probably weak, Yuji did a fine job IMO.

Good episode.
Old 2008-02-27, 09:30   Link #71
Kiyoru

Wow, Yuji kicked MAJOR ass in that episode. Wowwwwwwwwww.

I want episode 20 nao.
Old 2008-02-27, 11:10   Link #72
greyhawk
Some dude

Lovely! Even with so few episodes left, Shakugan no Shana has definitely returned to its former glory. And I can't help looking forward to the end of this.
Anyway, you guys have pointed out pretty much everything I wanna say (sad truth)
Old 2008-02-27, 11:25   Link #73
BigGimp77

I don't get what is so sly about yelling "YOUR GOING TO TRAP THEM ALL" and screaming like an idiot in the middle of a crowded place, and then 2 seconds later being completely fine... I mean if you were the bad guy wouldn't that send like 5000 red flags?

The episode was mediocre untill Yuji broke the dude's next. That is by far the best scene in the entire Shana series...

That is untill, hopefully, we get a scene where Kazumi dies a brutal horrible death. (crossing my fingers on this one)
Old 2008-02-27, 11:25   Link #74
Kristen
*Author

Well, the first part of this episode reminded me of death note, the second part of F/SN, and the third part of Shana S1.

In other words, this episode was all over the place, and I really didn't understand a lot of it. I guess that's what happens when you waste about half of the episodes for filler and then have lots and lots of plot to try and cover.

This episode gets a 9, since it was a fun episode, but it just shows me how much of a bind that JC Staff put themselves in. I believe this episode and the ending part of the last one could have been much more comprehensible had they made it two episodes instead of 1.2.
Old 2008-02-27, 11:44   Link #75
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
Well, the first part of this episode reminded me of death note, the second part of F/SN, and the third part of Shana S1.

In other words, this episode was all over the place, and I really didn't understand a lot of it. I guess that's what happens when you waste about half of the episodes for filler and then have lots and lots of plot to try and cover.

This episode gets a 9, since it was a fun episode, but it just shows me how much of a bind that JC Staff put themselves in. I believe this episode and the ending part of the last one could have been much more comprehensible had they made it two episodes instead of 1.2.
Agreed with the bind part, but having one or two episodes with Konoe isn't fillerish, IMO. Perhaps just enough time to have us see her interact more with the gang. Maybe the staff got a little too carried away. Maybe.

No offense, but I don't see what's so hard to understand, though. Is it the way the transition of scenes, perhaps?

@ BigGimp77: Methinks that Zarovee might actually be afraid of Yuji's POE and any possible ability to use it (though that would be offset by his duplicates) or he simply didn't want to dally and needed Yuji on the road without something funny happening that would delay him. Besides, what is he going to do about it? Eat everyone on the street? I'd like to see him try without dying.

And oh, please kindly put those fan-hate comments into some character discussion thread or general discussion thread.
Old 2008-02-27, 11:51   Link #76
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owaranai Destiny View Post
Agreed with the bind part, but having one or two episodes with Konoe isn't fillerish, IMO. Perhaps just enough time to have us see her interact more with the gang. Maybe the staff got a little too carried away. Maybe.

No offense, but I don't see what's so hard to understand, though. Is it the way the transition of scenes, perhaps?
1 or 2 of Konoe isn't fillerish. 9 is. . But, the first 1/2 of the season seemed like nothing but filler, and a couple from 13-19 do as well.

I think what's hard to understand is just because of the rapidfiring. I had the same problem with Death Note 37, FSN, and Da Capo. When information and plots are fired at a certain rate or faster, I just get confused. Like, I had difficulty understand Yuji's scream, and his sudden figuring out of the plan. You don't need to explain it, as I understand it now. It just was too confusing while watching it.
Old 2008-02-27, 12:03   Link #77
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
I think what's hard to understand is just because of the rapidfiring. I had the same problem with Death Note 37, FSN, and Da Capo. When information and plots are fired at a certain rate or faster, I just get confused. Like, I had difficulty understand Yuji's scream, and his sudden figuring out of the plan. You don't need to explain it, as I understand it now. It just was too confusing while watching it.
Well, something to make it a little better to understand, perhaps, is that his scream had a double purpose in the show.

(1) Considered as an 'action plan' to call out for help since he saw Tanaka.

(2) A plot device for Tanaka to get his act together, resolve any remaining issues he had with Margery and do whatever he feel he should and in his case, that would be get the hell away from whatever's going to happen. One thing I have to add, though, is that the resolution actually felt a little cheap, but if it goes in line with how Margery treats Tanaka in the first place...*shrug*

His figuring out of the plan was actually explained by himself, though.

Last edited by Owaranai Destiny; 2008-02-27 at 12:19.
Old 2008-02-27, 12:12   Link #78
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Rocking rain of fire before the thunderous storm.

Spoiler:

The fact that Yuuji grown up dramatically not only in his fighting capability, but also in his analyzing prowess as well is testament to the improvements he managed to succeed with the training from the previous episode.
Spoiler:
Old 2008-02-27, 13:23   Link #79
Liddo-kun
is this so?

One of the better episodes since episode 15.

*votes an 8/10
Old 2008-02-27, 13:26   Link #80
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Anyone else finding Shana, who despite being the hottest loli in existence, is acting so... I dunno adult? really attractive? lol, although i think a lot of people are missing the Tsundere Shana
Closed Thread