AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Gurren-Lagann

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-02-21, 05:42   Link #361
Vegard Aune

I just remembered something....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post

Though, if the universe just exploded from the entire Team Dai-Gurren getting Tengen Toppa-Gunmen, then I don't even want to think about what this thing does.
...I must be freaking psychic. I implied that STTGL would utterly annihilate the universe, and as we all saw during the whole Giga Drill Break-clash, it did. Damn, I'm good.
Old 2010-02-22, 19:10   Link #362
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:
I just remembered something....

...I must be freaking psychic. I implied that STTGL would utterly annihilate the universe, and as we all saw during the whole Giga Drill Break-clash, it did. Damn, I'm good.
STTGL was definitely bad ass.
Old 2010-02-26, 03:15   Link #363
arkxkra
全力全開

Just watched the movie 2 the Lagann-hen, it just ULTRA GODLY EPIC AWESOME .
But to see Nia die make me sad , I really hope it is different from TV series...
Old 2010-02-28, 00:08   Link #364
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkxkra View Post
Just watched the movie 2 the Lagann-hen, it just ULTRA GODLY EPIC AWESOME .
But to see Nia die make me sad , I really hope it is different from TV series...
Oh? I would of recommended the anime first. But nonetheless, you should watch the anime if you have seen the movies. And indeed, it was epic.
Old 2010-03-29, 10:50   Link #365
Spartanz1170

Just when I thoght Simon could not get anymore bad ass, Lagann-Hen came along...
Old 2010-03-29, 19:25   Link #366
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartanz1170 View Post
Just when I thoght Simon could not get anymore bad ass, Lagann-Hen came along...
Simon is GAR, period. Ending still makes me sad
Old 2010-04-05, 22:32   Link #367
A l l e l u j a h
Ultimate Cyber Newtype

Send a message via Yahoo to A l l e l u j a h
Is the second part of the movie out already? I only got the first one but honestly, I don't like the movie that much I still prefer the series.
Old 2010-04-05, 22:54   Link #368
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkdarkdark View Post
Simon is GAR, period. Ending still makes me sad
Yeah me too. If I ever had any complaints, it was that. The fact that Nia dies is the only thing that keeps TTGL from being perfect, IMO.
Old 2010-04-05, 23:25   Link #369
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by A l l e l u j a h View Post
Is the second part of the movie out already? I only got the first one but honestly, I don't like the movie that much I still prefer the series.
The second movie has been out for over a month now. And for the record, it is much better than the first one.
Old 2010-04-06, 07:44   Link #370
A l l e l u j a h
Ultimate Cyber Newtype

Quote:
The second movie has been out for over a month now. And for the record, it is much better than the first one.
Thanks for the info, I'm downloading Laggan-hen right now
Old 2010-04-06, 16:47   Link #371
ViewtifulAlchemist

Hm, overall I still think the TV series is better but there a few points of the "movie"/remix/compilation/whatever I did like.

Gurren-hen changes
Spoiler:

Lagaan-hen changes
Spoiler:

After finishing the movie I feel this more of a great treat for fans instead of something that you could recommend one over the other mainly for the extra final battle footage.

Sig by Jze0

Last edited by ViewtifulAlchemist; 2010-04-06 at 17:01.
Old 2010-04-06, 19:27   Link #372
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewtifulAlchemist View Post
Hm, overall I still think the TV series is better but there a few points of the "movie"/remix/compilation/whatever I did like.

Gurren-hen changes
Spoiler:

Lagaan-hen changes
Spoiler:

After finishing the movie I feel this more of a great treat for fans instead of something that you could recommend one over the other mainly for the extra final battle footage.
Yep. Some parts of the movie were a lot better than the anime, but mostly the anime topped the movie.

First of all, Rossieu trying to shoot himself on the ship was just stupid. It was like there was no bond between the two as friends. Stupid. It was WAY more badass when Simon does a warp with Gurren laggan and does a super Chuck Norris flying punch (=GAR). However I also liked that most of the battle scenes were kickass. In fact, I enjoyed several parts of the movie. I liked how most of the crew survived (although it was more realistic for them to die, war has casualties) and showed up in the parallel "what-if" world, and fought in the epic ending battle. Coolest part, no doubt, Simon fist-fighting the Anti-Spiral. I had no idea that Simon could turn any more cooler than he already was, but this topped it. That and Super TTGL. It was too bad STTGL didn't really get to fight or anything. Overall, the movie was still good. Yes, way better than gurren-hen. The epilogue was a bonus, but still reminded me of how much I hated the fact that Simon pretty much retired. Maybe he's still badass inside? Look at solid snake, old and still hauling ass.
Old 2010-04-09, 14:44   Link #373
A l l e l u j a h
Ultimate Cyber Newtype

After watching Gurren-hen and Laggan-hen, it is safe to say that the series was a lot better. I actually didn't like the oversized gurren lagann at the end and only kittan died on their attack in the anti spiral homeworld. Moreover, the individual mechas they had in the end was kinda disturbing, especially when Nia started fighting the anti-spiral. However, the additional scenes were commendable, the rest were just salvaged from the series. Kinda reminded me why I deleted my first download of Gurren-hen. Anyway, those are just my opinion though.
Old 2010-04-09, 17:10   Link #374
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A l l e l u j a h View Post
After watching Gurren-hen and Laggan-hen, it is safe to say that the series was a lot better. I actually didn't like the oversized gurren lagann at the end and only kittan died on their attack in the anti spiral homeworld. Moreover, the individual mechas they had in the end was kinda disturbing, especially when Nia started fighting the anti-spiral. However, the additional scenes were commendable, the rest were just salvaged from the series. Kinda reminded me why I deleted my first download of Gurren-hen. Anyway, those are just my opinion though.
Well, it was a nice bonus IMO. I thought the end was cooler. Simon fist-fighting with Anti-Spiral = Win.
Old 2010-04-12, 01:28   Link #375
tetsuo69

just so the two movies and from what im reading the anime a lot better.i will need to download the series.

BTW the only thing i didnt like was the sad ending
Old 2010-04-14, 03:00   Link #376
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Damn , i wait for the sub

Watched some videos and i stopped on this one :

Spoiler for Awesome:
Wow....that was pretty much one of the most awesome things I've seen in a long long long time in anime. Downloading this right now and making me wish that they'd do another GaoGaiGar or show like Gurren-Lagann. Anime seriously needs a sucessor to carry the torch of gar.
Old 2010-05-28, 09:43   Link #377
DarkWish
Proclaimed Perv

Send a message via MSN to DarkWish
Just to make something clear for myselfe b4 i start watching .

Are the movies just recaps of the episodes?
Old 2010-05-28, 10:14   Link #378
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkWish View Post

Mostly. The last 30 minutes of the first movie is mostly new stuff, and the second movie changes some things too, but the story itself is still the same, and a lot of scenes are just recycled animation from the TV-series.
Old 2010-05-28, 16:23   Link #379
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkWish View Post

Gurren-hen was 90% recap. Lagann-hen had some new scenes, I liked the ending a lot.
Old 2010-07-13, 10:06   Link #380
Auron Requies

Finally had time to watch the movie, and by crimson heaven piercing Damn, it was frigging awesome!

Although, there were weakness, more then the TV series, which should be expected from the recap scenes, but I LOVE the extra's.

After watching this movie, there is this tiny little hope that in 10, maybe 20 years time, Gainax might do another remake, or perhaps an add on to the Gurren Lagann series. It wouldn't be 'impossible'
Closed Thread

Tags
action, mecha