AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

View Poll Results: Kami nomi/TWGOK II - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 17 37.78%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 14 31.11%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 20.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 8.89%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 2.22%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-06-10, 21:30   Link #61
tomboy8888
Bloody Vampire Lover

Looks like maybe the upcoming Playstation Vita may be able to do many of the things the PFP does (except it doesn't have a keyboard ). Let's all hope, eh?
Old 2011-06-10, 21:32   Link #62
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I've been waiting for the teacher arc! I didn't think it'd be a student teacher though. Either way this looks to be a fun one.
Old 2011-06-11, 05:36   Link #63
Kallen4life

damn, I like this arc .. the new girl is awesome and her sempai Nikaido Yuri is H.O.T.
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Old 2011-06-11, 07:02   Link #64
Bafflement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen4life View Post
damn, I like this arc .. the new girl is awesome and her sempai Nikaido Yuri is H.O.T.
Agreed. Jun is great, but chalk me up as a Nikaido fan.
Old 2011-06-11, 20:15   Link #65
Shimapan
Try me! <3

I was somehow weirded out by this episode
There were so many weird moments in it which made me go "lolwtf":
  • first few minutes felt like a completely different anime. If I hadn't seen the OP...
  • wrestling is a totally retarded sport to begin with (just like boxing), with many braindead muscle mountains beating up each other
    I'm totally stumped as to how anyone can find this crap interesting, and even more how a girl in the early 20s can like it, especially liking some dead vintage wrestler
  • previous girls all had some serious problem which created a hole for the loose sould to fill (unrequieted love, identity crisis, being too shy and silent, not accepting a part of herself, being too average...). Now we have a very energetic and healthy teacher without any woes, which suddenly for no reason whatsoever gets possessed by a lost soul
  • freaky English teacher really weirded me out
    I've had a seriously wicked English teacher for many years in school. Compared to that beast, this one is still harmless, but still, him flipping out at Elsie made me want to smash a brick in his face
  • the student teacher was dragging Keima all over the school ground just to eat noodle roll with him. Uncanny methods she has there
  • no attempt was made to see as to why she was possessed by a lost soul (altough finding any reason there probably would've been difficult).
  • Keima instantly accepts he has to conquer the student teacher without any excuses, trying to put it off or somesuch. Someone exchanged him with an alien!

With so much seriously weird stuff, I'll have to say that this is the worst episode so far
Not a bad episode, but still... I wouldn't mind if he wrapped it up next episode.
Old 2011-06-11, 20:18   Link #66
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

@Shimapan:

From now on many of the weaknesses the future girls will possess won't be so straightforward, and it will actually take some time for the protagonist to discover what's happening, so I'd suggest getting used to it.

Other than that, many of your grievances will be answered in the next episodes. The others would just be solved if you were a lil more open minded.
Old 2011-06-11, 21:10   Link #67
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimapan View Post
wrestling is a totally retarded sport to begin with (just like boxing), with many braindead muscle mountains beating up each other
I'm totally stumped as to how anyone can find this crap interesting, and even more how a girl in the early 20s can like it, especially liking some dead vintage wrestler
Anything could be considered retarded entertainment through someone's personal preference. In my case it's pointless ecchi anime shows with unlikeable characters that make poor to no effort to actually have a plot.

And a 21 year old-woman liking wrestling isn't that hard to believe considering this modern age. I dunno what gave you that idea.

Quote:
previous girls all had some serious problem which created a hole for the loose sould to fill (unrequieted love, identity crisis, being too shy and silent, not accepting a part of herself, being too average...). Now we have a very energetic and healthy teacher without any woes, which suddenly for no reason whatsoever gets possessed by a lost soul
Who says Jun doesn't have a problem? The exact reason the spirit could possess her was because she had a hole in her heart, it's just not 100% clear what the reason for that is yet.

Quote:
freaky English teacher really weirded me out
I've had a seriously wicked English teacher for many years in school. Compared to that beast, this one is still harmless, but still, him flipping out at Elsie made me want to smash a brick in his face
I don't like his character either, but it's nice seeing a character in this series who isn't drawn like a moe or bishounen character for a change.

Quote:
Keima instantly accepts he has to conquer the student teacher without any excuses, trying to put it off or somesuch. Someone exchanged him with an alien!
Perhaps that's because he's finally accepted it's something he HAS to do?

Last edited by SilverSyko; 2011-06-11 at 21:59.
Old 2011-06-11, 22:48   Link #68
judasmartel
*Author

I think the hole in her heart has something to do with ideals. I mean, did anyone else notice why she's a fan of a "dead vintage wrestler" as Shimapan puts it, despite the modern times that we are living in right now?
Old 2011-06-12, 23:00   Link #69
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
I think the hole in her heart has something to do with ideals. I mean, did anyone else notice why she's a fan of a "dead vintage wrestler" as Shimapan puts it, despite the modern times that we are living in right now?
They didn't say anything about this weird hobby of her yet. It's seriously weird already that a young girl likes such a violent and savage "sport" (altough "sport" isn't the right word here, as it's just a bar brawl thinly covered in some flimsy rules).
It's much wore weird even that she likes a dead vintage wrestler on top of that. Closer examined - yes, that uber-weird liking of her most likely hints at a serious personality flaw, which created a hole that a loose soul could fill.
Now, just what created that serious personality flaw which resulted in her weird liking? Something really bad happened to her while she was attending university?
Old 2011-06-12, 23:18   Link #70
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

I think it has more to do with you accepting that there are just people out there in the world with tastes that vastly differs from yours.
Old 2011-06-13, 00:13   Link #71
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
It's much wore weird even that she likes a dead vintage wrestler on top of that. Closer examined - yes, that uber-weird liking of her most likely hints at a serious personality flaw, which created a hole that a loose soul could fill.
Now, just what created that serious personality flaw which resulted in her weird liking? Something really bad happened to her while she was attending university?
So from what I gather, you're saying that women are unable to enjoy a form of entertainment like wrestling and have to have certain interests and act a certain way correct? Unfortunately, the world doesn't work that way.

While TWGOK is fiction, there's nothing presented in this series that ties down women like that in any fashion. It has fantasy elements, but it's also set in on Earth in modern day Japan, which should be enough to convince you of that fact.

The ironic thing is, from your ideals that you are stating, you have a serious personality flaw too, and that's not being able to accept that people can have their own preferences and interests.
Old 2011-06-13, 00:34   Link #72
Echoes

Quote:
They didn't say anything about this weird hobby of her yet. It's seriously weird already that a young girl likes such a violent and savage "sport" (altough "sport" isn't the right word here, as it's just a bar brawl thinly covered in some flimsy rules).
Hyperbole much? A serious personality flaw because she likes an old-school wrestler? I think you're letting your extremely negative view of the sport taint your reason. You also seem to have an archaic view of women, thinking that they cannot possibly like the same (violent) sports that men do. That's simply not the case.
Old 2011-06-13, 02:58   Link #73
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Great episode, i always have soft spot for Jun' arc and it seems they have been doing perfect so far. 21 years old student teacher ftw

Man, i hope S3 will be announced soon.
Old 2011-06-13, 10:27   Link #74
mtarzaim

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post

Man, i hope S3 will be announced soon.
In the teaser for 2nd season (back in 2010), we've seen the kiss between Keima and the girl from the next arc. So, that part has been animated for sure.
The question is: will it be put in a new season or OVA special?..

Old 2011-06-13, 11:06   Link #75
Jimmy C

You mean the first PV that was shown even before the first season?
Old 2011-06-13, 11:43   Link #76
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
You mean the first PV that was shown even before the first season?
Indeed. And I'd like to point out that all the footage shown in that trailer was reanimated for the actual episodes. So what the trailer did or did not show, doesn't prove anything. It's been clearly stated that the series' length will be decided by the home video sales...

...Aaaand from what I can gather, those are mediocre at best. So sorry, but the chances of seeing a third season are rather low.
Old 2011-06-13, 23:23   Link #77
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
A serious personality flaw because she likes an old-school wrestler?
We *do* know that she apparently has a serious personality flaw, otherwise it wouldn't have been possible for her to be possessed by a loose soul.
Whatever the poor girl suffered though that made her like such violent stuff is the most likely cause for her flaw enabling the possession as well, as I see it.
Why else would she get possessed? She doesn't have any other flaws. She isn't shy but genki and energetic, is already adored by the male students on her first day and can even handle Keima, on which the other teachers already have given up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
You also seem to have an archaic view of women, thinking that they cannot possibly like the same violent sports that men do.
No, that's certainly not the case. Men that like such violent bar brawls (as said before, the term "sports" is totally unfitting here) are just as brick-brained - I'm clearly *not* making any difference between men and women there!
Old 2011-06-13, 23:53   Link #78
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Whatever the poor girl suffered though that made her like such violent stuff is the most likely cause for her flaw enabling the possession as well, as I see it.
Yeah whatever. This has already been dis-proven in the latest episode so I guess there's no reason to stress over it anymore.

Quote:
No, that's certainly not the case. Men that like such violent bar brawls (as said before, the term "sports" is totally unfitting here) are just as brick-brained - I'm clearly *not* making any difference between men and women there!
Oh wow, now you've degraded to the point of insulting peoples' intelligence huh?

Just because someone likes wrestling does not instantly classify them as an idiot. How are you even coming to such ridiculous conclusions?

So you don't like wrestling, okay we get it, but forcing this opinion by insulting everyone who does enjoy the sport is just making you look like an asshole.

Get a grip and have some goddamn respect for other people's interests even if you don't like them. It's a sign of maturity.

Last edited by SilverSyko; 2011-06-14 at 00:20.
Old 2011-06-14, 00:58   Link #79
Echoes

Quote:
We *do* know that she apparently has a serious personality flaw, otherwise it wouldn't have been possible for her to be possessed by a loose soul.
Yes, we do know that she has a quote-unquote personality flaw (who doesn't?) What I'm objecting to is your conjecture that liking wrestling is a personality flaw in and of itself. It's a performance art, and there's nothing "wrong with you" for enjoying the spectacle.

Quote:

Then why did you stress that it's weird for a young woman to like this? Surely it would have been no need to bring this up unless your problem with her fascination was based on her gender.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Oh wow, now you've degraded to the point of insulting peoples' intelligence huh?
Now? I think he's been at it for a while:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimapan
"wrestling is a totally retarded sport to begin with (just like boxing), with many braindead muscle mountains beating up each other"