AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-09-03, 13:46   Link #1241
Zeross

watched ep10 today, omygod i laugthed so much my stomach hurt xD

those heroes scenes were realy fun to watch, how could they do something so embarassing ?
and i lost it when wien started to sing and they all joined on, they sure know how to have some fun

i'm also glad to see that the vice principal insn't just a total bitch and most of it is her going tsuntsun. i still don't like her, but at least its not like a loath her anymore.

edit : and to think i thought i'll watch yuruyuri last to have a good laugth before going to bed; if it make me laugth more than this i'm probly gonna die of it
Old 2012-09-03, 14:07   Link #1242
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForwardUntoDawn View Post
Succinct and insightful: I hope that these regrets are addressed at some point before the series ends, and on closer inspection, would account for her resistance to everything Konatsu does, possibly because Konatsu seems to mirror Mahiru to some extent with regards to the "music being fun/from the bottom of one's heart" concept.
This may sound countrintuitive, but I thought that VP saw something of herself in Konatsu. Specifically, I'm referring to the part early on where she encouraged her to give up on music because "it's not enough to love music, the music has to love you back." From her point of view, the music clearly loved Mahiru, perhaps even to the point where she felt spurned by it herself.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 14:26   Link #1243
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I think the real issue for Nao-san is that Mahiru implicit asked on her deathbed to look after her daughter - both in terms of music and generally speaking - and Nao feels as if she's neglected to do that. There are obvious complicating factors, though I think she's using the whole "I'm the Vice-principal and I have to be impartial" thing as an excuse. Now she's dealing with massive guilt issues because of that conversation in the hospital.

Now, as to why she's been so distant towards Wakana, it's an interesting question and I don't think we really know the answer. Jealousy towards Mahiru? Feelings of inadequacy, thinking she's not a good role model?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 14:27   Link #1244
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
At comiket 82, there was an article advertising the currently airing Tari Tari and the in-production Hanasaku Iroha Home Sweet Home movie. From that, we have a small conversation between the main characters.

Translation:
"It is a pleasure to meet you. I'm Wakana Sakai from Shirahamasaka High School in Kanagawa. I'm in my third year."

"Good afternoon! I'm Ohana Matsumae, a second year at Korin High School in Kanazawa!"

"Ohana-chan, you live and work in your grandmother's inn, correct? You must be a show girl for it."

"I wouldn't put it like that... Anyways, I heard you live in a souvenir shop too, Wakana-san."

"I do, but I'm not sure I help out much. I've been studying music for a while, so my father usually is the one who runs the store."

"That's such a waste! I'm sure there's a lot of people who tour Enoshima. If a beautiful girl like you were tending the store, I'm sure your store would be talked about by all the tourists! Oh! Would you like to try working at Kissuisou?"

"Hmm, I wouldn't be able to entertain the customers properly. I'd probably be a bother to everyone. Ohana-san, are you planning to inherit your inn or is there something else you're planning to do?"

"Right now, I'm not sure what I'll do in the future. I know for certain that I'll have to study more for whatever I do. How about you, Wakana-san? Are you preparing for your entrance exams?"

"Yes, but my courses have changed a lot. You know how it feels when your body and soul aren't in synch?"

"Oh! I know exactly how that feels! When your surroundings change, you don't feel like you're the same person anymore. You feel so helpless that you just try to get by. But thanks to that, I feel a new path has been opened for me! You have to be flexible so that you can handle the jumbling!"

"Ah, you're right. I have a feeling life would be more fun that way. Thanks for this! It'd be nice if we could meet again!"

"Wakana-san! If you get the opportunity to take a graduation trip, come visit Yunosagi Onsen! You'll get perfect customer service from us!"

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 14:29   Link #1245
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereminVox View Post
This may sound countrintuitive, but I thought that VP saw something of herself in Konatsu. Specifically, I'm referring to the part early on where she encouraged her to give up on music because "it's not enough to love music, the music has to love you back." From her point of view, the music clearly loved Mahiru, perhaps even to the point where she felt spurned by it herself.
That makes sense. I don't think Naoko would lie, and in her opinion Konatsu doesn't have the talent. And that might just be the truth.

But what Konatsu has going for her is personality. She's a go getter.

And she got Wakana!

And Wakana does have the talent, and together with Konatsu they have everything that Mahiru had.

It gotta suck for Naoko.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2012-09-03 at 14:57.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 14:30   Link #1246
Zeross

oh with this translation i'm so hopping for some sort of crossover ova <3
Old 2012-09-03, 14:40   Link #1247
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeross View Post
I personally find the thought of a crossover OVA to be chilling...chillingly awesome. I don't think that's likely, though
Infinite Zenith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 14:46   Link #1248
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I think the real issue for Nao-san is that Mahiru implicit asked on her deathbed to look after her daughter - both in terms of music and generally speaking - and Nao feels as if she's neglected to do that. There are obvious complicating factors, though I think she's using the whole "I'm the Vice-principal and I have to be impartial" thing as an excuse. Now she's dealing with massive guilt issues because of that conversation in the hospital.
That's a very interesting theory. I hope you're right, because I think it could lead to some very heartwarming and touching twists!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
That makes sense. I don't think Naoko would lie, and in her opinion Konatsu doesn't have the talent. And that just might be the truth.
I do think that Naoko was giving her honest opinion. It's important to keep in mind that Konatsu did screw up badly that one time, so it's not like Naoko's opinion was without basis.

Quote:

Agreed. Konatsu is very energetic, hates the thought of quitting, and is a natural ham. That's why she was the first one of the other four to join in with Wien in the sentei hero sales promotion.

Quote:
And she got Wakana!

And Wakana does have the talent, and together with Kanotsu they have everything that Mahiru had.
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeross View Post

Oh, I can see it now!

Spoiler for Includes mild Hanasaku Iroha references/spoilers:
Old 2012-09-03, 14:47   Link #1249
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Please, please, no crossovers with HanaIro. It isn't bad enough that TT gets unjustly compared to it constantly as is?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 15:29   Link #1250
sikvod00

Thanks for the translation, ultimatemegax!
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 15:43   Link #1251
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
What she has against her is personality. She's frivolous. (Though she has gotten better about it.)

Sawa's generally much more committed to whatever she's doing.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 15:55   Link #1252
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
What she has against her is personality. She's frivolous. (Though she has gotten better about it.)
I didn't say she's perfect, but she did found the club that became the trigger for Wakana to start facing her problems.

My point is that they complement each other, combining their strengths to compensate for their weaknesses. Not only Wakana and Konatsu, but Sawa too. She has her flaws as well, and needed a little push from her friends to see beyond that and come back to the game.

Wakana alone can't be like Mahiru and do what she did, but with Konatsu and Sawa, and the boys, maybe she can.
Old 2012-09-03, 15:56   Link #1253
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
I disagree. What has Konatsu set out to do that she has failed to accomplish? Konatsu seems to be accomplishing her goals with a significant degree of consistency. That's not what I would call "frivolous".

Konatsu has a higher level of commitment than you're giving her credit for.
Old 2012-09-03, 15:58   Link #1254
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Remember when there was that contest and she just gave up auditioning to fangirl the old guys?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 15:59   Link #1255
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Konatsu has a higher level of commitment than you're giving her credit for.
Maybe now, but at first she was a little fickle. She showed this back in episode 4 or 5, and got Sawa mad with her because of it.

She's getting better now, that's true.
Old 2012-09-03, 16:08   Link #1256
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Remember when there was that contest and she just gave up auditioning to fangirl the old guys?
Yeah, but that's like the leader of a highschool band planning to try out for an audition until he found out that his all-time favorite music band was auditioning for the same thing (seriously, that's what the Condor Queens are to Konatsu - remember what she said about her copy of their autographed album in this episode? Let's just say Wien had very good reason to want to get that bag back...).

How many young high school bands would gracefully step aside to make way for their all-time favorite professional band to perform? I think most would, honestly.
Old 2012-09-03, 16:15   Link #1257
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Yeah, but that's like the leader of a highschool band planning to try out for an audition until he found out that his all-time favorite music band was auditioning for the same thing
Yeah, but that's the point. That's why Sawa basically tells her that she would still try to win even if she was riding against her most adored jockey. Ultimatly the message is clear: Konatsu needed to be a little more committed.
Old 2012-09-03, 16:19   Link #1258
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Yeah, but that's the point. That's why Sawa basically tells her that she would still try to win even if she was riding against her most adored jockey. Ultimatly the message is clear: Konatsu needed to be a little more committed.
Good grief. They're high-schoolers. How many high-schoolers would go completely starstruck at meeting their all-time favorite music band?

There's nothing wrong with Konatsu's reaction to meeting the Condor Queens. It's just human, and it's perfectly appropriate for her age. It takes absolutely nothing away from her commitment level. It certainly doesn't make her "frivolous".
Old 2012-09-03, 16:22   Link #1259
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Good grief. They're freakin' high-schoolers. How many high-schoolers would go completely starstruck at meeting their all-time favorite music band?
I get what you mean. I'm just telling you what the show was trying to say. Maybe the situation they chose to portrait this so wasn't the most appropriate, but the message is clear.
Old 2012-09-03, 16:28   Link #1260
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
I get what you mean. I'm just telling you what the show was trying to say. Maybe the situation they chose to portrait this so wasn't the most appropriate, but the message is clear.
Well, it's usually good for a person to increase their commitment level, and I agree with you that Konatsu has improved some in that area. I'd say she's gone from average to above average.

Edit: Also, to be clear, I think that Konatsu suffers a bit from in-group contrast. She's probably the most flighty of her group of friends, but that's because all four of them are intensely committed in their own ways. We saw how disappointed Tanaka was over not doing better at Badminton, we saw how Sawa went so far as binge dieting to try to pursue her dream, and this episode we see just how SRS BSNS Wien is when it comes to his Sentei Hero passion. In a way, it's kind of funny that Konatsu is the Club Leader since she takes things easy (relatively speaking). Yet, it's also oddly appropriate because she's arguably the best-equipped to balance all of these competing passions within her club.

Tags
drama, music, original anime, pa works