AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chuunibyou

Notices

View Poll Results: Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 51 43.22%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 46 38.98%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 11.02%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 3.39%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.54%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.85%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-11-28, 20:15   Link #21
Itlandm
Porcupine

An excellent episode as usual. I of course am glad to see more Touka! Unfortunately she seems to think of Yuuta as a younger brother. Well, at that age it can't be helped. He needs to grow a little more.

Rikka has a mysterious illness! The Dark Anomaly has attached itself to Yuuta and makes her feel sick. Kumin has no idea, of course. I guess her pillows cure all ills. Mori-Summer has the power to summon yellow butterflies? And the black shield protects against all mental attacks.

Chuunibyou changes all questions into chuunibyou questions, which cannot be easily understood. Has Yuuta forgotten already?

In the end: Drama strikes! Don't try this at home, kids! That rooftop is too high. Yuuta needs help to know how to save Rikka. Once he knows, he does not hesitate. Rikka will be safe in his arms while we wait for the next episode. Will the Dark Flame Master return during the school fair?
Old 2012-11-28, 20:24   Link #22
Witheirate

Now I can die in peace....

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Wonderful episode... 10/10

Last edited by Witheirate; 2012-11-28 at 20:39.
Old 2012-11-28, 20:54   Link #23
Midonin
Last Engage

Chu2Koi 09 - Eastern Magick Underground Culture Attack!

Shinka's not wearing a mask any more than Sanae or Rikka is. She may be a little more rough in her expression of it, but if there was every any proof needed that she genuinely sees the club as her friends, this is it. And her idea for the school festival - Dark Flame Master vs Tyrant's Eye in the middle of a crowded street where all can see it, ridiculous powers unleashed... is totally awesome! If next episode is indeed this festival, it's all I'm hoping for that it delivers this fight. Because we got one mantra this week with no cut to the world of delusions to go with it. That singularity's jamming the signals.

The visual effects with the butterflies in that one scene were really nice. I love it when the background comments on the foreground, in ways subtle or less than subtle. Really, I got a lot about Shinka this episode. She may deny otherwise, but believing in the mystical powers of Feng Shui isn't that much different from thinking magical fairies make the world go round. I think she can definitely improve the public standing of the OMNSS - or at least become a snazzy interior decorator. Something that matches the magical circle in the middle and improves the room's flow.
Old 2012-11-28, 20:54   Link #24
ChronoReverse

I like how Yuuta doesn't even need to go DFM to defeat the Wick Eye AND Mjolner Hammer!
Old 2012-11-28, 20:59   Link #25
rulfo

Even if this isn't the first time watching this ep.... This damn ep never ceases to make me hit the pause button.

It's like I'm watching the early eps again! Nibutani's frustrations from Rikka's failures was amusing to watch. Her snapping and ripping the book/manga in half was hilariously intro'd by a stupid pun. But of course seeing her getting Rikka into it was amusing. Really though, as much as I often here about how Nibutani is terribly "bitchy", this aspect of her might change their minds. I really like her personality more than ever.

Really... I posted earlier and made a joke about how this episode is filled with butterflies but then butterflies did really happen! Seriously my stomach's filled with it just from sheer excitement... and embarrassment.

An awesome ep. I can't wait for what's to come. Also DFM in last episode is happening. I can't wait to see what happens. Awesome things can only happen.

Technicality side, this episode had the stuff. In contrast to past 2 episodes, this is where the budget/focus is. With all the lively animation this episode has, Shoko Ikeda(Haruhi's Chief AD) has been listed as a KA. I wonder what scene she did.

Last edited by rulfo; 2012-11-28 at 21:12.
Old 2012-11-28, 21:06   Link #26
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

For all the advances that the YuutaXRikka ship has made, for me it was Nibutani who stole the episode, oddly enough. Not only is she perceptive (being you know, the only one who figured out Rikka's feelings), but the lengths she would go to bring the two together? Not only the effort, but the goodwill behind the action is what highlighted the episode for me, as we usually see her as a very confrontational person. Maybe deep down, Mori Summer hasn't died yet? I sure hope so.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2012-11-28, 21:42   Link #27
tsunade666

PERFECTO!!!!

Awesome and lovely episode. The love is in the air and its enough to even destroy the illusion of Rikka. His wicked eyes doesn't function anymore like when she and Dekomori tried to attack Yuuta. A cute love story where Rikka can't understand what she is feeling and its thanks to Nibutani that this happens. Kumin doesn't know a thing -_- and poor Ishiki getting drag by his sempai in the music club but it looks to me they are into rock or metal which doesn't reflect the club at all. Well the highlight of the episode is still Rikka getting all flustered and blushing and nice touch of butterfly forming around when Nibutani and Rikka are talking about love there is even a cat that jump through the heart. Oh great animation. And poor Yuuta for Touka is invading his secret stash of collection and it happens to be the collection has the same body and taste as Touka poor guy
Old 2012-11-28, 21:51   Link #28
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I like this Ally-of-Lovemode of Nibutani more than either her Dark or Light side It's so very natural teenage girl.

Speaking of which, we also get a glimpse at how normal Dekomori behaves in class And she's... Surprisingly NORMAL

I wonder why does Touka wants to watch her figure ?

Isshiki, the difference between a protagonist and his best friend is too far a gap in power level... Or in this case, just fortune
Old 2012-11-28, 22:21   Link #29
Somnus
Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
Damn, perfect animation
What impresses me the most about this one is the fact that her shirt falls (as it should due to gravity) when she's upside down for that split second. Damn KyoAni, those small touches on the details make me drool. The movements are precise, and as you said, perfect animation.

Oh yeah, the episode was fantastic as per the norm.
Old 2012-11-28, 22:48   Link #30
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Speaking of which, we also get a glimpse at how normal Dekomori behaves in class And she's... Surprisingly NORMAL

I wonder why does Touka wants to watch her figure ?
Normal more like impressive. Her chuuni status is being ignored in favor for honor student status. Yuuta and Rikka can't do that or even Nibutani for the matter though in the matter of Chuuni. Dekomori is a lot worse than the quiet oracle mori summers. But being the number 1 student Dekomori is and a helpful one on the others in the field of study. Its tolerable even if she goes crazy

Doesn't want brother in law to lust on her
Old 2012-11-28, 22:52   Link #31
HandofFate

Rikka in love was cute.
love-obsessed teenage girl Nibutani was sweet as well. How well is her hearing to hear Rikka mess up while spying from the bushes...

Knew that rooftop was dangerous the moment I saw those two on it. Rikka seemed the most normal this episode, especially when she was scared for her life.
Old 2012-11-28, 23:04   Link #32
broken270
Defying gravity

Those butterflies. Where did they come from? Did the great Mori Summers summon them to create the shape of their discussion? Is it possible to make a gif of the collaboration of them to the final shape?
Old 2012-11-28, 23:24   Link #33
Forsaken_Infinity

I give the episode perfect marks but despite it being a seriously high quality episode, Shinka's figure looked seriously off in the clubroom at the start.

Not much else to add to the discussion than what's already been said. Very fun to watch and we get to see the genuinely good-natured side of Touka and Shinka which is really nice too.
Old 2012-11-28, 23:30   Link #34
Polarpew
Bash'a no falor talah

Send a message via AIM to Polarpew
I thought I heard Ryner from Densetsu when Yuuta reacted to Touka coming from under his bed
Love how for once someone tells the main character that they are in love instead of keeping silent and dragging it out all the way to the season finale for person to realize their feelings
this anime would be made perfect if Yuuta doesnt see Rikka in a romantic way and goes after her sister, imagine the drama

Last edited by Polarpew; 2012-11-28 at 23:42.
Old 2012-11-28, 23:58   Link #35
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

9/10

I love where this episode was going, but i think they should give the on-going between Rikka and Yuuta a lil bit more room. If this was to be made into shoujo style, the development between the main couple would definitely go into great length, like say, several episodes, till reaching the confession part. Well i guess the 1 cour strain putting abit stress to the development and plot, but i don't think it ruined the series as a whole.

Nevertheless, episode 9 was great. Its that kind of episode that made me went doki doki all the way from the start till the end, tho it felt like the development seemed to move at a very fast pace. I would definitely appreciate it if i could enjoy this kind of thing for another 1-2 eps more, but i guess that is impossible. The last scene definitely was dramatic and enigmatic, and could easily be interpreted as "confession" scene, tho Rikka nor Yuuta still have yet to chant out that magical three words line.

But i still feel that the previous episode was better and sweeter than this week's, probably because Nibutani playing the needless cupid angel role between the two. Not that i think it was wrong, but i'd rather having Yuuta being more forceful to Rikka than having Nibutani doing the job haha. But again i guess this isn't your typical shoujo style romance, so its not going to happen.

Whole episode was fun and enjoyable indeed. Definitely going to look forward to next episode.
Old 2012-11-29, 00:13   Link #36
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

A solid 9. I'd give it a 10 but I needed just a little bit more. Great episode. Touka, shinka... Everything was great.

Arty

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Old 2012-11-29, 01:13   Link #37
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Maybe deep down, Mori Summer hasn't died yet? I sure hope so.
Especially poignant when you consider that the greatest lesson Mori Summer wanted to teach was LOVE. Try as you might Nibutani, but we'll see Mori Summer again someday, it's inevitable!!

Both Takanashi sisters continue to impress. Yes Touka, I'd like to see how flexible you still are- *whacked* But Rikka this episode... Rikka this episode... Rikka this episode....

*this poster has encountered an unexpected error. Retry/Abort?*

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2012-11-29, 02:17   Link #38
Warm Mist

I don't have much to say that hasn't been said, I enjoyed the episode.

But that camerawork at the end was so cheesy and overkill... I didn't like it, especially because it wasn't nearly as perfect as it needs to be to not break the immersion. The first person shot of Yuuta rushing through the classroom they did moments before that was much more impressive.
Old 2012-11-29, 02:25   Link #39
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Best Episode Ever!!!!! Next Marriage!!!!
Old 2012-11-29, 04:15   Link #40
Hyper
Irregular Hunter

I like this episode a lot. Already watched the second half twice as well. I had some worries mixed in the last two episodes, but no complain from me this time. I especially like how Rikka try to make sense of her own feeling. It consistant with her character and adorable at the same time.

With how many times we see Yuuta guides Rikka's feet to the ground, I wonder if they meant that to be symbolic. Something like he will gently bringing her back from the world of fantasy to the grounded reality. Well, I probably reading too much into that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
Remind me of the OP: 理想も妄想も現実も 全て君を軸に廻る Dream, delusion, or reality. All of them revolving around you.

Last edited by Hyper; 2012-11-29 at 04:25.
Closed Thread