AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-04-03, 09:08   Link #41
TrueAlchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
anyone want to speculate on what those monk-like guys in the organizations are.

Some of them look less human then some of the awaken ones.
My wild guess is that they are all claymores (half demon/half man).
In the earlier, all the claymores were male, but the organization decided to use female over male. I think they are all very earlier generation of Claymore.

To be honest, Claymores are very close to monster, and if those guys are simple human, they probably have trouble keeping their underings.
Old 2007-04-03, 20:50   Link #42
nadare

Send a message via MSN to nadare
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueAlchemist View Post
My wild guess is that they are all claymores (half demon/half man).
In the earlier, all the claymores were male, but the organization decided to use female over male. I think they are all very earlier generation of Claymore.
The organization didnt choose female over male... It was like they were forced to. Male turning into a Claymore has a high chance of turning into an awakened being right after they are turned into a claymore... Thats what I have read.

Quote:
To be honest, Claymores are very close to monster, and if those guys are simple human, they probably have trouble keeping their underings.
Claymores are already monsters, because they also have monster blood. It might be rude to say that since they defend human race from monsters. I think its their human blood that causes them to protect humans. When their monster blood awakens(awakened being) they transform fully into a monster.
Old 2007-04-04, 17:04   Link #43
masama
use the fōrks ~

sometimes I wonder what's the reluctant in becoming awaken?

It seems to me the awakens are pretty sane... well strictly speaking the more powerful ones. I think at the end of the day whether eating the guts of human or not depends on the person himself or herself.

The stuff those monk-like guys in the organization do and the way they treated the Claymores are pretty inhumane to be honest.
Old 2007-04-04, 19:52   Link #44
ickem
シェリルの為に!

I figure that one of the things preventing them from just awaking is that they want to stay "human" and don't want to be known as monsters. After all, Claymores were once human and have been raised by the organization to despise awakened beings almost all their lives.

Spoiler for Summary for chapter 71:

Spoiler for Thoughts after chapter 71:

Last edited by ickem; 2007-04-05 at 00:59.
Old 2007-04-04, 21:13   Link #45
sazan fan

Quote:
Priscilla>Teresa>Rafaela=Rushiella
Well, that equation is not entirely accurate, since we never saw Teresa in her full power. She always fights keeping her yoma power at the lowest, since she is so good at sensing the"yoma flow". An awaken being is suppose to be stronger than a non-awaken claymore, so you can't compare an awaken Priscilla and an regular Teresa. Besides, when Priscilla was still just a claymore, she was completely defeated by Teresa even though she tried to power up as much as she could. People always "say" that Priscilla is stronger than Teresa, but as far as I am concerned, Teresa won the fight against Priscilla. Priscilla killed Teresa after admitting defeat, which was a really cheap shot. So, the real order should be:
Teresa>Priscilla>Rafaela=Rushiella
Old 2007-04-04, 21:27   Link #46
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sazan fan View Post
Well, that equation is not entirely accurate, since we never saw Teresa in her full power. She always fights keeping her yoma power at the lowest, since she is so good at sensing the"yoma flow". An awaken being is suppose to be stronger than a non-awaken claymore, so you can't compare an awaken Priscilla and an regular Teresa. Besides, when Priscilla was still just a claymore, she was completely defeated by Teresa even though she tried to power up as much as she could. People always "say" that Priscilla is stronger than Teresa, but as far as I am concerned, Teresa won the fight against Priscilla. Priscilla killed Teresa after admitting defeat, which was a really cheap shot. So, the real order should be:
Teresa>Priscilla>Rafaela=Rushiella
Actually I didn't mean Priscilla as an awakened being was more powerful than Teresa was, obviously she is, but that everyone, including Teresa herself, felt that Priscilla's latent talent as a Claymore was higher than hers. All the time she was fighting Priscilla she was thinking that though she could win that first fight and maybe a the ones after it, Priscilla would eventually be good enough to beat her. If I remember right, one of the watchers of the organization said that Priscilla had released all her latent powers upon awakening. I'm not trying to denigrate Teresa in the least since she is by far my favorite character, but I can't really deny what everyone else has said.
Old 2007-04-04, 21:42   Link #47
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Well, the general argument is latent potential. What makes Theresa so capable was her ability to feel the youma flow, and if we make an argument that Priscilla can do the same, then Priscilla should be stronger. It's been said that her latent strength is greater than Theresa's, but that doesn't neccesarily make her stronger especially if she can't do things like predicting movements and all the l33t stuff Theresa does. Assuming both of them awakens to the extent where they fight irrationally without Theresa reading flows, then Priscilla should be the victor in that situation.

Spoiler for 71 thoughts, haven't really read it, just skimmed through:

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-04-04, 22:11   Link #48
nadare

Send a message via MSN to nadare
Spoiler for raki:
Old 2007-04-04, 22:26   Link #49
sazan fan

First off, to ickem, if I sounded like I was directly attacking you in my previous post, I apologize, it was not my intention. By people I meant the people in the manga. (the organization, other claymores etc) That is what really annoys me. Talk is cheap. And just because they say so does not necessary make it true. Think about it this way, people (fans, even some sports analysts) thought that Carter was going to be the next Michael Jordan, and look how that turned out.

By the way I just dug this up, since I am rereading the manga after seeing the anime:

Volume 5 Chapter 2 (Chapter 23 overall)

"I don't believe it! Teresa repelled Priscilla's massive strength... using just enough yoma power for her eyes color to change. That's the true nature... of Teresa's strength."

You can interpret the quote however you want, but to me this showed that the other claymores (or at least the individual who I can't identify since they all look alike) finally realized just how strong Teresa truly was. The talk about Priscilla having the talent of becoming stronger than is just all hype. They think that way because Teresa has never needed to release her true strength, even against Priscilla who is pushing her yoma limits.
Old 2007-04-04, 22:38   Link #50
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Don't worry I didn't think that you were attacking me, I just wanted to say that I'm not anti-Teresa. I've always thought that if Teresa were to have awakened, she would have been more powerful than Priscilla, but as a Claymore Priscilla was the worst possible opponent she could have. Remember that Teresa was so great because she was able to basically read the future, but Priscilla didn't release any youma power for Teresa to read. So I think people felt that Priscilla's assets i.e. swordsmanship etc would surpass Teresa's. There was also the fact the Priscilla really lost it after she and the others got their asses kicked. Her inability to think probably contributed to how easily Teresa was able to fend her off when she was in that monstrous form.
Old 2007-04-04, 23:02   Link #51
sazan fan

True, but the important thing to remember is that Teresa is the real winner. On another note, I honestly think Teresa and Clare would have made a better protagonist as oppose to the Clare and Raki pairing.
Old 2007-04-05, 00:18   Link #52
Key Board
Carbon

Shien no Mono is what Riful, Easley and Lucetia was IIRC

It refers to the strongest of the awakens
Old 2007-04-05, 01:13   Link #53
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sazan fan View Post
True, but the important thing to remember is that Teresa is the real winner. On another note, I honestly think Teresa and Clare would have made a better protagonist as oppose to the Clare and Raki pairing.
I feel the same way. Raki has always gotten on my nerves for some reason. I understand how Clare getting him as a companion is supposed to parallel how Teresa got Clare, but Clare hasn't really changed since she's been with him unlike what happened with Teresa.

I'm interested in seeing how much better Clare has gotten at using Teresa's ability to read the flow of youma energy. She was decent at it before, but after suppressing her youma energy. for so long, she should have improved a lot.
Old 2007-04-05, 09:25   Link #54
shaselai

How come Priscilla look so much different than her in early chapters? Does being an awakened turn the person younger or they can decide what they look like?
Old 2007-04-05, 12:14   Link #55
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaselai View Post
How come Priscilla look so much different than her in early chapters? Does being an awakened turn the person younger or they can decide what they look like?
It's probably just due to the evolution of the art in the manga. All the other characters look somewhat different to how they were in the earlier manga as well.
Old 2007-04-06, 17:25   Link #56
Xion Valkyrie

Nuuu, despite the fact that we found out a lot, I can't believe we have to wait another month for 72 >.<

Also, loli attracts readers =P
Old 2007-04-06, 17:32   Link #57
Crystal_Method
I want dreads...
*Artist

I was just scavenging amazon and it seems that volume 7 came out on April 3. Thought I'd tell those like me who forget these things.
Old 2007-04-06, 18:04   Link #58
coba

I guess most of you guys watched the first episode of the anime too right ? So who is the awaken one shown near the end of the OP ?
Old 2007-04-06, 18:27   Link #59
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by coba View Post
I guess most of you guys watched the first episode of the anime too right ? So who is the awaken one shown near the end of the OP ?
Spoiler for Awakened:

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-04-06, 21:30   Link #60
GundamZZ
残念美人

The true story behind chapter 71 is..
Spoiler:

and

Spoiler:

By the way, Shien means the deep pit. Mono means the thing.

Some chapter summaries are not correct. Anyone minds to make those correction.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
Closed Thread