Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-10-05, 03:29   Link #1
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Episode 98 Discussion Thread

Spoiler:

Please do not discuss anything past episode 98, or else you risk a ban. Don't even post future episode titles. Even spoiler tags are no defense.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2006-10-05 at 03:46.
Old 2006-10-05, 03:34   Link #2
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
When did the ep air? Did they change the time slot or something?

Oh, and it sounds like the fight might extend to the next ep from the way you described it, NSW.
Old 2006-10-05, 03:37   Link #3
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer
When did the ep air? Did they change the time slot or something?
Yes. The timeslot was moved to Wednesday. It aired some hours ago.

I'll have to flesh out the description of the end of the fight a trifle since it confused you, though honestly, if you haven't seen the episode why are you reading the summary?

Edit: The end of my summary has been amended.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-10-05, 03:40   Link #4
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Yes. The timeslot was moved to Wednesday. It aired some hours ago.

I'll have to flesh out the description of the end of the fight a trifle since it confused you, though honestly, if you haven't seen the episode why are you reading the summary?
I always read Bleach spoilers(including manga spoilers)

And I'll watch the ep soon enough anyway, so it really don't matter if it confused me or not
Old 2006-10-05, 03:40   Link #5
Hir0

Did Ichinose die?
Old 2006-10-05, 03:44   Link #6
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Well I fixed up the end of my summary. I'm not the one who usually writes these summaries, but I hope it was more interesting than the usual even though it was less detailed.

Old 2006-10-05, 03:57   Link #7
Malyn

One personal thought

Spoiler:
Old 2006-10-05, 04:00   Link #8
ThoHell

It aired today over 12 hours ago. New bleach episodes will be on Wednesdays now.

New opening and closing, both pretty good. The opening focuses on the hollow arc and Ichigo and Hichigo. It also seem to show a little bit of a relationship with Ichigo and Inoue. CAN'T WAIT FOR HOLLOW ARC!!!!

Ep. 98 start from where ep. 97 left off, with Ichinose fighting with Ichigo's group of 7 and giving them and hard time. But then Zaraki comes in and 1 vs 1 him and kicks his ass. Not a very exciting episode more of one trying to be on the touchy side.

I don't get it, Zaraki comes in and have people aw at his huge reiatsu, but Ichigos is bigger and they don't seem to aw him or fear him. As soon as Ichinose sees Zaraki he pisses in his pants ~_~.
Old 2006-10-05, 04:01   Link #9
stonedzombie
またね

Send a message via AIM to stonedzombie
awesome ep in every way, this is the bleach i love. awesome new opening......awesome fight scenes.......super awesome animation. Seems like everything is wrapping up
Old 2006-10-05, 04:07   Link #10
Blaster

Only Kurostachi know what Ichinose's Zanpaktou is about.
Old 2006-10-05, 04:19   Link #11
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell
I don't get it, Zaraki comes in and have people aw at his huge reiatsu, but Ichigos is bigger and they don't seem to aw him or fear him. As soon as Ichinose sees Zaraki he pisses in his pants ~_~.
Because Ichigo doesn't usually let out his whole strength. He doesn't really know how to let his reiatsu out at will and has to psyche up to it.

Old 2006-10-05, 04:50   Link #12
SANITY

love the new OP/ED, but the episode didnt really feel like a bleach episode, seems like they were going for more of a emotional kind of scene but what they got was a very un "Bleach" episode.
Old 2006-10-05, 05:05   Link #13
Blaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SANITY
love the new OP/ED, but the episode didnt really feel like a bleach episode, seems like they were going for more of a emotional kind of scene but what they got was a very un "Bleach" episode.
Agreed. Never thought those words could come out of Zaraki.

However it does let the viewers see the other side of Zaraki.
Old 2006-10-05, 05:31   Link #14
EoT
~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Well I fixed up the end of my summary. I'm not the one who usually writes these summaries, but I hope it was more interesting than the usual even though it was less detailed.
Very nice summary
Old 2006-10-05, 06:28   Link #15
MorganD

Fairly good ep even if the fight was something of a let down, did love the shinigami's cup though - Captain Unohana 4tehwin

Spoiler:
Old 2006-10-05, 07:02   Link #16
Cooldude

Brillant episode, this is on par with the pre-filler episodes as far as quality's concerned

Just LOVE the opening, just LOVE Yui. Best opening of the series IMO. Love it when Ichimaru gets his evil grin in.
Old 2006-10-05, 08:13   Link #17
Ichimaru

the question is, wtf did they move it back a day for just like naruto eps, this is fukn bs, make us hang an extra day then another 12hrs for subs, whats wrong with the original timeline anyway?
Old 2006-10-05, 08:28   Link #18
astrallionheart

Great episode. Art in the first half was horrible (Hitsugaya looked like a 10 year old drew him), but once the Ken-chan/Maki-chan fight started, the animation quality shot up.

Looks like Maki-chan might have his own version of old-man-Zangetsu...because there looks like to be a second part to the duel.

Damn this is better than the SS arc in terms of not dragging it out between big fights...this is one big fight after the other. EXCELLENT.
Old 2006-10-05, 08:41   Link #19
nolanvoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichimaru
the question is, wtf did they move it back a day for just like naruto eps, this is fukn bs, make us hang an extra day then another 12hrs for subs, whats wrong with the original timeline anyway?

Put a skirt on if you're gonna be a bitch. the eps are out when theyre out. and I'm willing to bet your life isn't crushed by a one day difference.. but if it is, you are really pathetic.
Old 2006-10-05, 10:09   Link #20
Skane
Anime Snark

Loved the episode. Zaraki's fights seldom disappoint, especially since he does not rely on fancy moves, just raw brutality.

The voiceover for the preview was very amusing too, with Ichigo pretending to be sick because he wanted to avoid fighting Zaraki.