AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Myself; Yourself

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-10-22, 15:54   Link #1
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Myself; Yourself - Voice Actor Appreciation & Discussion

The purpose of this thread is to discuss, critique and idolize the Voice Actor cast of Myself; Yourself. Please remember that the discussion should center on their performances as professional voice actors and not on the show content (which can be discussed in the various Episode threads). Please remember this simple rule when critiquing a VA's performance or reading another forum member's critique:
  • - Don't take it personally.
    In other words, you’re free to disagree with another person’s opinion, but don’t flame them if they offer a well written and well thought out analysis that differs from your own opinion. Keep it civil.

• - Voice Actors are humans.
    Yes, it’s true. They’re human. Therefore, don’t just indiscriminately rip them and their work apart as if they’re inorganic objects. You don’t have to praise them non-stop, but be thoughtful in your criticism.
This thread might duplicate some discussion in the Episode threads, but it can also serve to demystify various VA roles, disseminate VA information (VA Bios, VA photos, etc) and provide cast information of various types as well as discussion about performances.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-10-22, 23:34   Link #2
Flame-X
Anti-fan

aoi's voice..... someone shoot me x_x
Old 2007-10-22, 23:35   Link #3
Midonin
Last Engage

That was much quicker than expected. I was betting on an Aoi post by at least the fifth response.

But, on topic. I don't find her voice so bad. When she's speaking normally, it's alright. When she starts reaching higher pitches, though, that's when you may want to start defending your eardrums.
Old 2007-10-22, 23:50   Link #4
Frazzlehoon
¯\(o_O)/¯

Don't worry, bear with Aoi's voice for a while, since there are only 10 episodes left. I think. (Seems really short, do you think it will make Season 2?)

Ahaha, I see Higurashi voices in this anime. :P
-Asami Hoshino, Shinnosuke Tachibana, Yukari Tamura

YAY RENA! I wana see Asami do an evil laugh. :]
Old 2007-10-23, 00:14   Link #5
Cyz
"Show it to me"

As much as everyone dislike Aoi's voice, I really like it To think that Tomoko Kaneda also voiced Mayuko from sola, which is a little deeper minus the chirpish voice Aoi had
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2007-10-23, 00:17   Link #6
MidoriHiME

I think everyone's doing a decent job so far. And I have to admit that I LOVE Aoi's voice...it's weird, yes, but insanely cute as well.
Old 2007-10-23, 13:50   Link #7
Shadowfox79
High5 attack: Lose 5555HP

Send a message via AIM to Shadowfox79
Ami Koshimizu, as usually, does a great job in her voice acting, fits nanaka nicely, though when I heard her voice, first person who came to mind was Karen from Code Geass. I find it funny that when Ami usually does a voice, I tend to categorize that she's playing a "Karen-like" role or a "Tenma-like" role (School Rumble).

Btw, ya count me for not particularly liking Aoi's voice, but I'm getting used to it by now.
Old 2007-10-24, 10:12   Link #8
Keruri
Like a falling star

My voice is just as high (or even higher) as/than Aoi's, so I find it to be tolerable. *shot*
Old 2007-10-24, 11:19   Link #9
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

I think I might know why I like Aoi's voice. I'm a big fan of the Nurse Witch sound tracks
Old 2007-10-24, 11:26   Link #10
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

To be honest I am getting used to Aoi's voice. =o Still wouldn't go as far as to say I like it, but I can say as much that it doesn't hurt the series.
Old 2007-10-24, 15:15   Link #11
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

About Aoi's voice... a little high for a big busted girl... but after knowing her character
it's just right... though still a little high...
For hoshino.... It's mai Nakahara right.... Isn't she the VA of Nagisa Furukawa in Clannad? A little tough for her dubbing two anime series on going....
Old 2007-10-24, 16:28   Link #12
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Yay a thread where I could complain about Aoi's voice.

The first episode was horrible. By the second episode, I was kinda used to Aoi's voice, but I still get mini-headaches when she squeals from excitement or the like. If the director wanted to be different or something, it failed in my eyes.

I'm not that great on differentiating good and excellent voice actors, so so far I have no problems with the other characters' voice, so they're not bad. None too squeaky, but I guess we'll have to wait until the dramatic moments to see.
Old 2007-10-24, 23:36   Link #13
bullrogg

to me, Aoi's voice is a double-edged sword...it can be annoying at times but its.....well Aoi. Personally i have no problem with the voice. but it has the tendency to get annoying at times. But i think it is a great match to Aoi's character in general.
Old 2007-10-25, 23:27   Link #14
jdlkem
teh_pwnzor

don't forget RIKA *cough* Shuri's VA in the episode 5 previews. lol higurashi once again.

and then sana.........

is it just me or does sana's voice sound a little high? (not as high as the obnoxious squeals that Aoi makes)
Old 2007-10-26, 07:53   Link #15
s[H]sIkuA
Drill Drill Drill

Aoi , it seems like she cools down abit in ep4 though , maybe too much complain?

And I absolutely love Shuri voice, considering she also voice Nanoha and also Rika
Old 2007-10-28, 07:29   Link #16
christinemarie
Crazy One

Aoi's VA good thing only at episode 01 that I even needed those headphones....

Well I love how Ami Koshimizu VA her char as Nanaka hope she have more speech time the following episodes since she didn't even talk in episode 04.

Yukari Tamura VA Shuri makes it a worth every episode specially when she changed her voice to her other show's character in episode 05 preview.
Old 2007-11-01, 10:08   Link #17
HeeroX

Quote:
Originally Posted by s[H]sIkuA View Post
Aoi , it seems like she cools down abit in ep4 though , maybe too much complain?

And I absolutely love Shuri voice, considering she also voice Nanoha and also Rika
I'm Yukari Tamura's fan. I just love her voice. She also did Sakura from Da Capo and Midori from Mai-hime roles.

As for Aoi's...
Old 2007-11-07, 15:32   Link #18
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlkem View Post
don't forget RIKA *cough* Shuri's VA in the episode 5 previews. lol higurashi once again.
Ah I thought that was her!

Im sold! Takehito Koyasu is Shuu! Not as sexy as Luck Gandor (Baccano!) or Neuro but still nice on the ears.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2007-11-14, 19:28   Link #19
fallenangelash
Misao-ISM
*Fansubber

aoi - i love her voice! i keep thinking about chiyo from azumanga daioh all the time though... lol...
Old 2007-11-19, 16:12   Link #20
Dharma

Aoi-Chiyo voice in this show sound... unique. But i enjoy it very much. I think it fits her character.

Syusuke resemble Mu La Flaga also as character and his voice fit Syuri's. Yukari Tamura's performance great as always - or may be i just like her voice.

Looking forward to more Yuzuki Fujimura lines.