Notices

Old 2008-04-07, 15:31   Link #181
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashmedai View Post
Thank you for the quick reply! So would OST3 be coming out sometime after 5/28/08 do you think? I can't wait!
first they release the opening and ending then some where after they release the first OST (thats how the system works)
i would expect it somewhere around episode 10+ but when the date is revealed i'll be sure to post it up
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 15:32   Link #182
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Will we probably see two more OSTs for R2 then?

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 15:36   Link #183
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Will we probably see two more OSTs for R2 then?
not sure, but that is normally the gig when you have a hyped up 50 episode series
we have enough material fromt he last season to already fill up another sound track with some new songs and then one more
iw ould be expecting two soundtracks because that is what they normally use, they have budget enough for new music

normally 26 episode series have two soundtracks, unless they are not populair enough to recieve a good shair in budget for a second..
but Code Geass is prime time material, much like the gundam series (50 episodes) there will be four soundtracks eventually
12 episode series always have one soundtrack
Old 2008-04-07, 15:40   Link #184
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Alright the. I'm looking forward to what R2 brings us in terms of music. I hope that Sakio has more new songs.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-04-07, 15:42   Link #185
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Quote:
Alright the. I'm looking forward to what R2 brings us in terms of music. I hope that Sakio has more new songs.
the things i didnt like about R2 ep1 however was that he changed his style a little if you compare it to songs from season 1..
it now sounds more orchastral then it did before.. they improved it because they had a better budget for it (same goes for the geassing scenes and Jupiter) but i really hope he doesnt linger too much... i liked the old music
still listen tot he soundtracks every day
Old 2008-04-07, 15:49   Link #186
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Yeah, the style was a bit different from what was in season1. Hopefully more will come up that fits the old style a bit more.

Old 2008-04-07, 19:31   Link #187
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

For those sharp ears, are none of S1's BGMs played during the first 80% of the episode until Zero awakened? None of the bgms played in most parts of the episode sounded familiar, I thought it was kinda cool in the sense that the nostalgia of the original only comes back when the man himself came back.

Or was it just me? -_-

Regardless, I'm liking the new Star-War-ish themes for R2.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 19:34   Link #188
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
For those sharp ears, are none of S1's BGMs played during the first 80% of the episode until Zero awakened? None of the bgms played in most parts of the episode sounded familiar, I thought it was kinda cool in the sense that the nostalgia of the original only comes back when the man himself came back.

Or was it just me? -_-
Your ears do not betray you. Don't worry.

Quote:
I personally have mixed feelings about them. I liked the tone that the old themes gave the series, but the new soundtrack ain't too bad either.

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 02:51   Link #189
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

i think there was one theme from R1, or two but they also were never released.. but we heard them before =3
Old 2008-04-09, 08:52   Link #190
Masterkeyes2
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Masterkeyes2 Send a message via MSN to Masterkeyes2 Send a message via Yahoo to Masterkeyes2
Quote:

You feel that vibe to me? Great, I told my friend that the beginning of the episode felt like a Star Wars opening but he just gave me a look that said I may have grew an extra head.

Still I hope they use a mix of the old a new tracks as well...I hope they don't do a Naruto and through all the old series music out the window in favor of new tracks. I was relived to hear "Avalon" at the end though. On a side note I wonder if we will hear the national anthem for the Chinese Federation....
Masterkeyes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 23:02   Link #191
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
yes, Orange Range made the songs with the idea that they'd be used in Geass' opening, and this time around Taniguchi actually bothered matching the animtation to the song.

Though these'll come out on their own as a single or something, so it's not exactly like they were made exclusively for Code Geass.
He did that with COLORS though as well. The 2nd opening is another story though.

Old 2008-04-09, 23:12   Link #192
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
and this time around Taniguchi actually bothered matching the animation to the opening song.
That's why the OP confuses me. If Taniguchi made the video to catch the lyrics, then it's weird about C.C.

Quote:
That is true, but the lyrics could be speaking about Nunnally as well depending how you look at things. There is also a line about how "I couldn't meet up with you"which indicates seperation.
Good point.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 23:15   Link #193
Var
Banned

The lyrics are a pretty odd thing to go by. Especially since they virtually start with "You and I don't mix."

But on that tune. The lyrics do sync very well with the characters, especially Orange's. Though the ones synced with Kallen are pretty interesting, though I can't quite tell where hers end and the next begin. I assumed it was during that whole echoing sequence since the first word with her is 'echo'.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 23:21   Link #194
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
The lyrics are a pretty odd thing to go by. Especially since they virtually start with "You and I don't mix."
Can you explain your point please
Old 2008-04-09, 23:27   Link #195
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
Can you explain your point please
What is there to explain? The lyrics begin talking about a fractured heart, then words, and then they say (at around 20 seconds in) "You and I don't mix." They say this line twice. Once when Nunally is being lost with the same background as when Lelouch regained his powers. Then the second time, when C.C. and Lelouch are near one another and he retracts his hand from her.
Old 2008-04-09, 23:35   Link #196
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Meh, I figure there were going to be obstacles, but like with Nunnally I wouldn't bet against Lelouch just sitting around and not doing something about it, so we'll see how it goes, that's all we can do really
Well in discussion to the lyrics, "You and I don't mix" isn't an obstacle. Its a flat out wall.

No matter how much you might try, mixing water and oil won't do anything.
Old 2008-04-09, 23:39   Link #197
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
What is there to explain? The lyrics begin talking about a fractured heart, then words, and then they say (at around 20 seconds in) "You and I don't mix." They say this line twice. Once when Nunally is being lost with the same background as when Lelouch regained his powers. Then the second time, when C.C. and Lelouch are near one another and he retracts his hand from her.
Got it... That line isn't in my sub !

I have "I couldn't meet up with you".

I understand now, sorry.
Old 2008-04-09, 23:42   Link #198
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Well in discussion to the lyrics, "You and I don't mix" isn't an obstacle. Its a flat out wall.

No matter how much you might try, mixing water and oil won't do anything.
Hey, we've got Geass, and that might just be the key too I don't know... everything and anything, so changing the molecular structure of oil and water to mix doesn't seem so impossible I would imagine
KrimzonStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 23:44   Link #199
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
Got it... That line isn't in my sub !

I have "I couldn't meet up with you".

I understand now, sorry.
Hum, I haven't checked subs. I'm going by what I hear, which I have to admit is a little hard to make out at times with the way the lead shouts at me. But I'm pretty sure its "you and I don't mix" or something like that. If I heard wrong, the other form is not much different, as it, again, implies seperation.
Old 2008-04-10, 00:17   Link #200
Narona
Emotionless White Face

I looked for another translation.

"At the point between tomorrow and yesterday, We will not meet, You and I".

I think it's somewhat different from "you and I don't mix", but again, i don't understand japanese myself :/.

Tags
music discussion