AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-12-04, 17:47   Link #2161
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Wow. And they think they can lecture others on unsightly tactics?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-04, 17:51   Link #2162
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

This thread need more Katyusha!

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-04, 17:52   Link #2163
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I don't remember Maho ever lectured on anyone about tactics... other than 'kindly' ask Miho not to damage/embarrass the Nishizumi name.

@RRW, more of a Nonna fan meself

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-04, 17:52   Link #2164
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Russian squid invaders?
Old 2012-12-04, 17:58   Link #2165
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Personally, I think that regardless of the outcome from the match against Pravda, Miho's mother will still deliver the news to Miho, and the obvious outcome would be that of a crippling emotional blow to the girl. The inevitable arc of seeing her getting herself in one piece would take place after that.

I think that Miho's mother would only be more stonewalled if anything, should Miho emerge victorious and lead Oarai to the international rounds, for the act of disowning her would've made rapprochement impossible to the Nishizumi clan. Oarai and its successes can never be translated to that of Nishizumi's glory, not after such a disgraceful family fallout had occurred to the general public. Makes one feel terrible for Maho in this case...

for that matter, I would think that this situation can get even worse if Miho's mother was vanquished by Miho, be in a Tiger II or in a Leopard II on the battlefield. From how things are, Miho's family would have to be that of her tank crew, for a while at least. Nishizumi clan should count their blessings if Yukari and co., would have the courtesy as to not spew venom upon them from the clan's hypocritical conducts, for the tirade and the hailstorm would be damaging and ugly.

4Tran, on the matter of close quarter combat. It's painfully obvious that the KV2 alone would be at its playground in that sort of setting. The very fact that the girls aren't allowed to continue fighting on small arm and RPGs made the entire situation only makes the warehouse all the more difficult to harden as a stronghold.

On the assessment of Miho being harsh, I think that I am biased from seeing good men that were once in command living in perpetual regret from their combat actions. The Student Councils' conducts were detrimental for Miho, but the ultimate irony is that Miho's the one that would be taking the blunt of operational liability, yet she doesn't seize full authority when she could've. It's that sort of loathing and regret from not having acted to one's best of abilities that I really have a bone with.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Last edited by panzerfan; 2012-12-04 at 18:09.
panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-04, 18:04   Link #2166
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
On the contrary, I think that was a valid and honorable tactic. The whole concept of "chivalry" is not universal, and trying to force lenient standards on all forms of martial arts is really something I consider even more unsightly.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-04, 18:11   Link #2167
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Old 2012-12-04, 18:19   Link #2168
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
On the contrary, I think that was a valid and honorable tactic. The whole concept of "chivalry" is not universal, and trying to force lenient standards on all forms of martial arts is really something I consider even more unsightly.
Something that I find interesting in the competition rule is that there's no rule that prohibit seizure of enemy vehicle... and that physical melee without using weapon isn't technically banned, nor is using inoperable vehicle as cover in violation of the rules.

This could mean that one can sneak about and actually use tank rounds from disabled vehicles for example. Furthermore, there's nothing that would prohibit in-situ repair on inoperable vehicles, say to restore the turret and use the knocked out tank as pillboxes, or to continue using them as observation posts.

Heck, it may even mean that vicious boarding action with nothing more than fists could happen.... or to hold hostage a few tank crew during the battle, so long as no 'gun' is pointed at them. I can see one crew that lost their tank do this to their enemy, and hijack the enemy tank to continue doing battle...

(one example: use Churchill Crocodile to terrorize the enemy tank crew, while not 'deliberately' aiming at them, but merely 'at the bush'. Why, nobody there to prevent forest fire in that sort of scenario)

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Last edited by panzerfan; 2012-12-04 at 18:30.
panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-04, 18:32   Link #2169
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I second that motion!

Though that transport would probably be this:

Spoiler for GIGANT!:

But Darjeeling is a cool oneesama-type. I like Too bad they didn't broadcast the semi-finals between them and BFP.

That being said, Miho's comrades, despite numerous encounters, constant training & practice, have yet to ascend from the amateur stage. Truly a shame.

- Tak
I think they dig a nice camo hole near the town to hide the Tiger P already just like Pravda dig a hole to hide IS-2 in the town, when Oorai fell to trap that IS-2 come up from that hole. Or in 3 hours, Oorai move Tiger P silenty to nice position behind Pravda and "surprise!" .
Old 2012-12-04, 18:37   Link #2170
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerklein View Post
Or in 3 hours, Oorai move Tiger P silenty to nice position behind Pravda and "surprise!" .
What? We are not going to sneak behind you!! *Whistles*

Spoiler for BOO!:

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-04, 19:44   Link #2171
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Spoiler for Tangential to Little Army:
Old 2012-12-04, 20:33   Link #2172
SPECTER

Anyone know how this is doing in the ratings?
SPECTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-04, 20:41   Link #2173
Kamui04

Quote:
If you're referring to Commie's translation of Erika's line where she says Dirty Tactics. That's a big mistranslation.

She talks about embarrasing the Nishizumi name by losing badly.
Kamui04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-04, 20:46   Link #2174
Sumeragi
Banned

Spoilers
Spoiler for On the family
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-04, 21:12   Link #2175
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
How in the world are those tanks are moving swiftly in snow?!!!

And during the scene where they are surrounded... the enemies ( 6-8 tanks firing at the same time at close range) just managed to hit one tank? and not even raise a flag? Don't get me wrong, they ( the panzer team) managed to hit at one shot two tanks at long range... This is hilarious...

And lastly, after losing 4-5 tanks during the battle, I'll never give them a chance to regroup and form a plan... I'll destroy the church and have it collapse on them... if this were a real war that is... but this is the chance the Russian to win..

Last edited by NoemiChan; 2012-12-04 at 21:24.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-04, 21:15   Link #2176
aldw

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Tanks can move quite quickly in snow provided that the treads are wide enough, there are some youtube videos showing Leo 2s doing that (even drifting!)...
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-04, 21:16   Link #2177
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post
Something that I find interesting in the competition rule is that there's no rule that prohibit seizure of enemy vehicle... and that physical melee without using weapon isn't technically banned, nor is using inoperable vehicle as cover in violation of the rules.

This could mean that one can sneak about and actually use tank rounds from disabled vehicles for example. Furthermore, there's nothing that would prohibit in-situ repair on inoperable vehicles, say to restore the turret and use the knocked out tank as pillboxes, or to continue using them as observation posts.

Heck, it may even mean that vicious boarding action with nothing more than fists could happen.... or to hold hostage a few tank crew during the battle, so long as no 'gun' is pointed at them. I can see one crew that lost their tank do this to their enemy, and hijack the enemy tank to continue doing battle...

(one example: use Churchill Crocodile to terrorize the enemy tank crew, while not 'deliberately' aiming at them, but merely 'at the bush'. Why, nobody there to prevent forest fire in that sort of scenario)
You know these and other scenarios would make for some great storytelling shame the anime most likely won't get that "down and drity" but we still have fan fics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Spoilers
Spoiler for On the family
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Oh I can see it now...

Miss. Nishizumi: Remember kids the Nishizumi way is absolute!

Mr. Nishizumi: Dear don't you think you're being a little hard on the girls?

Miss. Nishizumi: Shut up and get back in the kitchen!
Old 2012-12-04, 21:19   Link #2178
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post

And during the scene where they are surrounded... the enemies ( 6-8 tanks firing at the same time at close range) just managed to hit one tank? and not even raise a flag? Don't get me wrong, they ( the panzer team) managed to hit at one shot two tanks at long range... This is hilarious...
Russian tanks. Designed for Siberia and the cold winters they use to get in the 1930s and 1940s.
Old 2012-12-04, 21:25   Link #2179
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Russian tanks. Designed for Siberia and the cold winters they use to get in the 1930s and 1940s.
How about the Panzers?

Still I find the enemies not really good in aiming even at close range considering they supposed to be better since we are moving towards the finals if I'm not mistaken. Smarter, tougher, good tank shooters are what I'm expecting
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-04, 21:30   Link #2180
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I understand it is cold and snows in Northern Europe during winters in the plains between Germany and Russia (Poland) where tanks are very usable.

The ones I'd expect to see having problems would be the American tanks, the Italian and French tanks, and the Japanese tanks.

Tags
comedy, gup, original anime, slice of life, sports, tanks