AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Rozen Maiden

Notices

Old 2006-04-16, 01:23   Link #2201
Lost

Yay I'm back. Love this place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon
Heh my pc was down tonight, I just spent the whole night dusting it, swapped out all the fans and noisy hdds for silent ones, switched it on and found the psu fan is still noisy, silent my arse!
What the-... The same thing just happened to me.. spent 20 bucks on two silent chassis fans, and found it was the psu fans making all the noise after all. I was so dissed..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mincemaker
Anyway, has anyone ever questioned why Suigintou's Roza Mystica goes to Shinku in the end of Traumend? I think it is because while Suigintou hates Shinku to the very core, she also respects Shinku as a worthy opponent, and so prefers to be defeated by no other doll but Shinku, and in the same time, also much prefers if Shinku's the one who possesses her Roza Mystica. Perhaps that's why Suigintou's Roza Mystica goes to Shinku after Barasuishou 'junked' her.
I also think that for the plot and character relationship between Shinku and Gin to develop further in S3 (i'm crossing my fingers) Shinku had to know what drove Gin to fight again, and Shinku getting Gin's RosaMystica allowed Shinku to understand that Gin was doing it for Megu. For one, that would help Shinku to forgive Gin, and (try to) reconcile with her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alu
Oki..., so I've just downloaded the first Utawarerumono episode, and saw the character you mean.

Altough she has not yet been introduced in the series, I have to dissagree..., despite the fact that both have Black wings doesn't make her look-a-like like Gin
The face is diferent, the hairstyle is compleatly diferent (despite the colour beeing white aswell), and even the eyes are diferent (also blue colour); plus.. she smiles, as in happy...

Thus I honestly have to say from that little I have seen.. she realy doesn't fit Gin's personality whatsoever.., even if its just because of that little smile in the OP
Yeah.. Guess I saw feathers, the wings, the dress and got too excited.. (screaming: OMG THATS GIN!!) Yep, its a happy smile, so I think she'll be a good guy character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solwyvern
hmmm, makes me want to see for myself. Anybody got a screenshot?
Spoiler for off topic:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitz1/2
Do I really have to say who is my favorite doll? It's pretty obvious for everyone. But I'll say it again.
Same here. You all know who's my favourite. As for why? Well, I don't know, I just like her cuteness and the way she tries to hide her feelings. Its interesting that I started out not liking her at all, tot her design was so old fashion, but she grew on me I guess. Second would be Hina, for the reason that shes the most innocent, but yet with much inner strength when its needed (the mail box ep, her death ep). Third would be... okay.. Gin la.. I like her because she is one of the more complex characters in the show, she has to be, to be a successful antagonist. Fourth; Shinku... like her dignified manner, but overall, her character (as in attitude) isnt very appealing to me, I guess its because theres nothing really outstanding bout it. 6th would be Sou, yes I agree shes the only one with her head on striaght, but that makes her very boring 6th and 7th will go to Bara and Kira, I put them there simply because I don't know much about them, I mean, how can I like someone I don't know much about? Last, Kanaria. I don't like Kanaria. Period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics
I feel I have to occupy a whole page because I miss this thread and you all
LOL!! Welcome back dude!!!! Don't you just love this thread? I fear the admins having to shut this thread down because its starting to look like a fanclub!! Btw, looks like we have the same motivation to occupy a page

Last edited by Lost; 2006-04-16 at 01:50.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 01:27   Link #2202
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
Quote:
and btw, the OP song ROCKS.
I SECONDED!!

Good night guyz

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Zero Shinohara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 01:38   Link #2203
Mincemaker
Hmmm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alu
I don't
Its actualy because of him that I joined the A.S. forums

Anyway.., back on topic...
mmmm... favorite dolls...

Well, judging by what I know from everyone already I can say the choices haven't surprised me so far.., specialy when it came to the one's Blitz chose
So... I recon you won't be surprised at mine either

The first.., of course.. could only be Suigin Tou !

Gin was actualy the only reason why I ever decided to watch Rozen Maiden.., I saw a few wallpapers of her and then started reading on how she was such a magnificent antagonist that I just had to see it for myself.

Needless to say I was surprised, not only at that but at her entire progress through the anime up until the end of season 2...; not many characters have such a complexed emotions which realy drives me to understand them...

So naturaly.., It would be impossible to resist Gin.

For second.., I'll have to go with Suisei Seki

What an unbelivable character.., so beyond Devious and yet also so Shy.., its just alot of fun to watch her.., plus.., if there is any word that is probably bigger then the entire Rozen Maiden anime.., it has to be the "~Desu" that our dear Sui so loves to use

Third.., might shock a few.., but I'll have to go with Sousei Seki

Her role in the story progressed at a slow rate altough her emotions are what realy draws me to her, despite always beeing calm and serene, the feeling of self-devotion towards what she belives to be right is just outstanding.

She is yet a tragic character though.., for at the end she does realise that her choice was rong into taking part of the Alice Game.., yet.., it is too late for her to go back..; which realy makes her end pretty dramatic.

Fourth... Shinku.

Altough it is known that most people who like Gin above all characters realy dislike Shinku , well.. I kind of share that feeling but all and all I have to say the story couldn't be done without her so..

Shinku is a very nice character aswell.., her emotions shifted alot from season 1 where she thought she had to fight to become Alice with no regrets of the others to when season 2 she became aware of the losses in battle and how it would be better if the Alice game never toke place.., and that realy built her caracter from a snobby aristrocrat to a much more sentimental Shinku inside.

Fifth.. Bara Suishou

Well.. she is the main antagonist in the second season, but as far as that role is will always (at least to me) remain more of a filler for Gin..., altough as her caracter goes, she is deeply silent, very un-emotional.., which well, lets face it.., realy suits her and is actualy what is best of her personality.

Altough, she does have feelings, she loves Enju very much and that reason alone is why she fought all the others, she wanted to prove herself to her father by becoming a better doll then any of which Rozen had created.

Now, for Sixth... I can't choose between both so..
Its Kanaria & Hina Ichigo

I kind of left the chibi's for last.. because well.., they're realy not what drew me to this anime.., altough they are alot of fun to watch.., I don't see the point of them apart from giving another type of content; which is not a bad thing though.

There where alot of scenes in which due to these 2 that we surely laughted alot, specialy in the "Stairs" episode from season 1 and the 3rd episode of season 2.

They both are tremendous clutz's, but despite this Hina does have a very sad ending.. which kind of makes me a bit sad to leave her so down in the list.., but all and all, much her like Kana are (like all the RM characters) good characters.., its just.. to me.. well.., my preferences are listed as above

And that's all I guess..

Next time please.., don't post such hard questions..., I'd be better off trying to explain why Shinku likes tea over Yakult..

Did you see the time it toke me to writte all of this..
Suigintou's the reason I watched Rozen Maiden too.
Mincemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 01:47   Link #2204
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I was pissed when my mom said Shinku was the most beautiful Rozen Maiden there was ... I was like ... oookkkayyy.

When I saw Suigintou ... I was just like ... wow. I gotta watch this flick. My sister's (an anime addict herself courtesy of me) hated ep was Traumend's 10th ...

She cried when she watched that. No shit. She cried.

And for all of those untouched by that episode, GO TO YOUR FUCKING SHRINK, PSYCHO!

I love Hina Ichigo. And my belief still stands: whoever doesn't love HnR MUST BE MURDERED BY THE FANATICS OF ROZEN MAIDEN bwahahahaha ...

Weird, though. As I was posting this my no. of posts per day was 6.66... scary ...

Guys, I loved the OP and ED of the second season more than the first.

PEACH-PIT, IF THESE 110 F*CKING PAGES CAN'T FORCE YOU TO MAKE A SEASON 3 OF RM WITH A HAPPY ENDING, WE WILL COME NEAR YOU AND KKKKKKKKKKKK BURN DOWN YOUR BUILDINGH HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH ...

(must have a happy ending for Suigintou too, or else ... A VERY HAPPY ending)
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 01:53   Link #2205
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alu
What an unbelivable character.., so beyond Devious and yet also so Shy.., its just alot of fun to watch her.., plus.., if there is any word that is probably bigger then the entire Rozen Maiden anime.., it has to be the "~Desu" that our dear Sui so loves to use
Its really the way she uses it; it always seems too creep into her speech whenever shes trying to hide her awkardness..

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics233
When I saw Suigintou ... I was just like ... wow. I gotta watch this flick. My sister's (an anime addict herself courtesy of me) hated ep was Traumend's 10th ...

She cried when she watched that. No shit. She cried.

And for all of those untouched by that episode, GO TO YOUR FUCKING SHRINK, PSYCHO!
Awww.. why does she hate it? I cried, and I loved it!!
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 01:55   Link #2206
Flo
The Necessary Evil

(Currently poking people's eyes in Fate/Stay Night section)

Cult of Gin's 1st Armor Division
Flo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 01:59   Link #2207
Mincemaker
Hmmm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo
(Currently poking people's eyes in Fate/Stay Night section)

Cult of Gin's 1st Armor Division
Lol. Very fitting. Isn't there in one of the Traumend episodes where Gin-sama comes back? In that episode, it showed Gin-sama and Shinku fighting over a trench, leading me to believe that that battle was sometime in World War 2.

Care to suspect that Hitler was under the control of either Shinku or Gin-sama, and the other is in the Allied side?
Old 2006-04-16, 02:07   Link #2208
Alu
Guide my hand...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mincemaker
Suigintou's the reason I watched Rozen Maiden too.
We'd better not speak of this out loud very much... Some people may begin to think that we are part of Soviet Russia..
Alu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 02:22   Link #2209
Flo
The Necessary Evil

Suiseiseki wif one of the Members of the Kamikaze.
"Chibi-Humans, die for me ~desu"
Flo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 02:28   Link #2210
milkmandan
しゅ ともひろ
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Li Jianliang
Thanks!!

Quote:
She looks to happy to be Gin. >_<

btw, I finished the Anju wallpaper if anybody wants

Just imagine she's Gin.
1600x1200 ver at animepaper.
wow very nice...
i see you did your vectorizing trick again...
did you have to though? i would image there would be plenty of Anju hi-res pictures to work with so you wouldn't have to do it again, but oh well

very nice none the less.its one of things you can say, "oh he spent a good amoutn of time "

**is it me or did the creators of Rozen Maiden purposefully base their dolls and everyone around the German language, possible something to do with WW2? haha FMA the movie was a good example
Old 2006-04-16, 02:34   Link #2211
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
Shit, now the topic picks up and I'll be lost tomorrow.

Anyway, night everyone :P

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Zero Shinohara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 02:37   Link #2212
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
errr,.... Flo? T_T_T
*bonks himself on the head*

Arrrggghh sorry solw, it's no real excuse, but I've been studying for ~ 14 hrs.. I honestly knew it was solw, when I typed the message it just came out wrong! Which kinda makes me think I'm going to fail, since I can't get a name right when it is right above the area I was typing....

@Alu can't agree with your preferences, but thats a very insightful post (re fav maiden)

@Lost and Physics welcome back guys I thought it was a little quiet and Physics your mum has good taste!

On the question of parents and anime, who here actually was able to get theirs to watch it and enjoy it? And to keep it on topic ish was it RM? For me yes it was since I was so desperate to see the whole of RM S1 I downloaded the Hikari version (chinese subs) and my parents who are HK chinese actually sat down with me and watched it when they visited. Did they enjoy it? I believe so. I found it amusing the way they commented on how they would have dealt with Jun. If my parents had to deal with Jun I would have felt very sorry for him....
grey_moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 02:51   Link #2213
Alu
Guide my hand...

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon
@Alu can't agree with your preferences, but thats a very insightful post (re fav maiden)
Thanks Grey.., it sure as hell gaved alot of trouble to writte..

One of my bigest fears on this thread was..., what if someone would to ask which and why to you are the best of the Rozen Maiden...

In which I then would have to mencione all of them and explain why I placed them in the selection which I did..; given the fact that there are 7 characters and each is compleatly diferent then the other on a tremendous amount of aspects.. you can see where my worries came from..

Altough I think I found some words to summarize most of what aspects came to mind at the time..., all very summarized of course..

I was doing Biology reports in the meantime so..., what's a little more writting..
Alu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 03:03   Link #2214
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I never did really study after I discovered Rozen Maiden. I must have told that some 45+ pages ago. I stopped reading books after I had Traumend.

I'm also one of the luckiest bastard on earth to have recurring topics that I was previously good at ... I don't study, and still pass well. Great.

Rozen Maiden is a lucky charm. However, after my hangover on the Rozen Maiden thread I guess I have to dethrone RM as my top anime of all time. I rewatched Shingetsutan Tsukihime, and it rightfully should be there (for me anyway). I guess RMT is now only no. 2 ...

Nope, folks - don't get me wrong. Shingetsutan Tsukihime is a tragically majestic anime, that's true (for me), but it doesn't generate conversation - because everything has been said and is there already. Although people complain of its plot holes, the more I watch it, the more I feel that those who have stated that there WERE plot holes in the series were only confused or blinded by a complex anime.

Watching ST was like reading Faulkner for me ... it was difficult yet fun, harrowing yet beautiful. When you plod through it, however, you discover that everything that had been needed to know had been either subtly said or implied. Everything is there: you just have to fix it up.

No, I'm not downgrading RM. Watching it is comparable to reading Hemingway (both Hemingway and Faulkner are my personal favorites in literature). Nothing is implied. Everything is plainly said. Everything is shown. Everything is expressed. Its beauty comes from that something beneath that simplicity that is perceptive of the world around us yet is difficult to grasp or grapple at.

Both are equally talented anime shows. One shows the subtlety of imagery, the hidden or double meaning of words. The other shows the depth of simplicity. Both are majestic. I just realized I really liked Tsukihime more.

Oh, no. I'll stay here. I'll praise everyone who praises RM - yes, all you. You are great!

(By the way, pardon for the allusions to literary figures. I think my hangover and thirst/dehydration are getting to me. I hope I have been lucid enough to clarify my views. The posts moments ago were posts of lucid joy. Here is a post of schizoid seriousness.)

I also totally suggest you watch Tsukihime. Although it WILL be boring if one expects a joyride that is RM. I also suggest you guys read Faulkner and Hemingway. Even if they aren't required. You'd realize that they are great writers ...

'A Rose for Emily' for Will and 'A Clean, Well-lighted Place' for Papa (Hemingway) are good short stories to start with. You will see the excesses of Will ... and the spareness of Papa ... and both their majesty. And you will also see what I mean.

Now I must go wash ... I gotta buy water ...
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 04:21   Link #2215
solwyvern
▲wight
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkmandan
wow very nice...
i see you did your vectorizing trick again...
did you have to though? i would image there would be plenty of Anju hi-res pictures to work with so you wouldn't have to do it again, but oh well
very nice none the less.its one of things you can say, "oh he spent a good amoutn of time "
No, there are none. I dare you to look for some high-res pics of Anju.
Right now, this is the only one you'll find.

@Zero, errrr..... I mean grey: don't worry about it. XD!
Old 2006-04-16, 04:28   Link #2216
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:

@Zero, errrr..... I mean grey: don't worry about it. XD!

hee hee
grey_moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 06:16   Link #2217
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223

(must have a happy ending for Suigintou too, or else ... A VERY HAPPY ending)
For me, it must have a happy ending for Kirakishou and Barasuishou although I really doubt it based on what happened to the villains in both seasons.

The official site updated finally! Somehow, I think we are very close to season 3.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 06:38   Link #2218
Mincemaker
Hmmm?

Doh! Another DVD. Not news on season 3.
Old 2006-04-16, 07:11   Link #2219
Yukinokesshou
ドジ

Season 3... I think there must be a sequel of some sort, whether it's a third series, a movie, or a direct-to-video thingy, whatever it's called. The second strongest clue (after the obvious = what Rozen told Shinku) is probably Kirakishou, who's suddenly sprung on the viewer in the last minute of the last episode with no fanfare whatsoever. Honestly, if a sequel isn't planned, why push out Kirakishou??

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2
For me, it must have a happy ending for Kirakishou and Barasuishou although I really doubt it based on what happened to the villains in both seasons.
Hasn't Barasuishou already crumbled, exploded, shattered beyond repair? The only "happy" ending for Barasuishou would be for Rozen or Enju to create another doll like her, and then that doll really wouldn't be Barasuishou, would she? It's just as Barasuishou isn't Kirakishou, but a half-accurate copy of her.
Yukinokesshou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 07:13   Link #2220
Mincemaker
Hmmm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukinokesshou
Season 3... I think there must be a sequel of some sort, whether it's a third series, a movie, or a direct-to-video thingy, whatever it's called. The second strongest clue (after the obvious = what Rozen told Shinku) is probably Kirakishou, who's suddenly sprung on the viewer in the last minute of the last episode with no fanfare whatsoever. Honestly, if a sequel isn't planned, why push out Kirakishou??

Hasn't Barasuishou already crumbled, exploded, shattered beyond repair? The only "happy" ending for Barasuishou would be for Rozen or Enju to create another doll like her, and then that doll really wouldn't be Barasuishou, would she? It's just as Barasuishou isn't Kirakishou, but a half-accurate copy of her.
Like you, I doubt Kirakishou will have a happy ending. But I do want Kirakishou to be as insane as she is depicted in the manga.

Tags
adventure, comedy, drama, fantasy, nomad, peach-pit, seinen, sequel, supernatural