AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-12-12, 06:11   Link #141
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

The two EX TIPS Onigari-no-ryuou and Hanyu's reflection on her past? have been posted.

Now just one more pieces remain.
Old 2006-12-13, 07:49   Link #142
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

What is an EX TIP?
Whre does it come from?

Anyway
Pretty interesting. I kinda of suspected something like that for Hanyuu, except for the history of the matricide, of course.
Old 2006-12-13, 07:52   Link #143
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theacefrehley View Post
What is a EX TIP?
Whre does it come from?

Anyway
Pretty interesting. I kinda of suspected something like that for Hanyuu, except for the history of the matricide, of course.
The EX TIP comes out only when you finish the game in its entireity. As for the very last one, that really isn't a TIP, it's an excerpt from Matsuribayashi-hen.
Old 2006-12-20, 15:37   Link #144
purple_mo

Hey, I've just noticed the Putting the Pieces Together thread has been locked out. How many posts do you need to have to get back into that thread?
Old 2006-12-20, 15:43   Link #145
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Why these topics vanished?

Is it because of the second season coming on summer?
the only thing that was left was 1 single piece

anyway, good thing I copied it hehe
Old 2006-12-20, 15:49   Link #146
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

For those who don't know, someone was pointing the fact that KJ took an article about eroge (the one in otaku lingo) and translated it without permission of the original author.

so, while it was only some sort of fan translation, this was probably taken as plagiarizing.

the topic is here

thus, KJ decided to remove everything he has done so far about fan translation.

it is his decision to do so. now, i feel it's a waste and i don't think it should bother him with such scale for only 1 clueless people about a great translation work, without pretending everything was by him. but then again, it is his choice.

but meh, don't pay to much attention to my opinion though.

PS : feel free to delete my post, i would understand (kinda off topic and i shouldn't say anything)
Old 2006-12-20, 17:58   Link #147
purple_mo

Well, I don't want to push this further, but I guess my question to that would be, isn't all fansubs plagiarizing then? It's translation of intellectual property without consent of the creator, so all fansubs would be in that case.

Well, anyways, that sucks. I was enjoying reading it since I wanted to know about Matsuribayashi. I feel dumb now that I did not read all the translated ones past that last one on page 2 because I wanted to read in order.
Old 2006-12-21, 10:12   Link #148
Regel

Quote:
the topic is here
Huh?
It says I don't have permission to enter. What's up?

Added:

And what are you talking about? I can see the "PtPT"-thread where it allways was...
Old 2006-12-21, 10:45   Link #149
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regel View Post
Huh?
It says I don't have permission to enter. What's up?

Added:

And what are you talking about? I can see the "PtPT"-thread where it allways was...
hah, don't think too much about this , KJ restored the threads. (anyway, the content of the thread i linked isn't really that important, i summirzed it above, and it was deleted, since the case is closed)
Old 2006-12-21, 14:33   Link #150
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

The last of the untranslated pieces, Piece #40 is up.

That closes that thread as the translation is 100% done. Otsukaresama-.
Old 2006-12-21, 16:30   Link #151
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
Fantastic conclusion but it raises more questions than it answers!

This series is a riddle wrapped inside an enigma gift wrapped in puzzles.
Old 2006-12-21, 22:31   Link #152
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Well

End of the line. last piece...
It was good while it lasted...

I think this last one was one of the best pieces. It even makes you feel a bit of sympahthy for Takano, and this woman she talked to seems too weird.... I have a bad feeling she will just make use of Takano for her own interests, but that's just a guess (or maybe she is even one of the enemies, but that is a bit too much )... (goddamit, it just makes want to play it or watch the second season ASAP heheh)

Maybe that content we saw in this piece is what the line "Even she (Takano) needs salvation" on one of the MAD's was about...

Anyway. A big "Thank You!!" to you guys for translating it for us. kj1980, Sushi-Y and LostBlue, you were great. I really appreciated and I believe many people enjoyed reading it as much as I did. It was not in vain.

[]'s
Old 2006-12-21, 23:52   Link #153
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

I found a bunch of typos and weird sentences after reading it over again (I was in a hurry when I finished so I didn't proofread). But oh well, the same could be said for all my pieces, hopefully they're not too distracting. ^^;

Just to put this "puzzle game" into perspective with the rest of the game. The puzzle game was inserted into Matsuribayashi-hen midgame, after a long prologue featuring Takano's entire childhood, before the story shifted back to "present time" (one week before Watanagashi), with Takano getting ready to make her move, while Rika was just "returning" from her last retry in Minagoroshi-hen. Most of you probably noticed many references to Takano's childhood in the pieces, but no actual coverage of it. This is the reason why.

The purpose of the puzzle game was for the player to string together the scattered pieces in chronological order, in order to understand the true backgrounds of all the "game pieces" (that is, characters) within the game. The story cannot continue on until all the pieces have been recovered, because the "game" cannot start until all the facts (rules) and pawns have gathered on the board.

Well, that was the idea anyway. In any case, that's as much as it goes in terms of preparation. All that's left is the actual scenario. Hopefully the new anime season will cover at least that adequately (because we all know there's no chance in hell they'd animate the puzzle pieces ).
Old 2006-12-22, 12:17   Link #154
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
I'm hoping they find some way to cover this as well, this particular scenario
seems to be the richest yet - even the background characters have a richly
detailed back-story that seems to go on forever - it's amazing.

7th expansion really has created one heck of a universe.

I ponder the mysterious woman Takano encounters in that last piece:

Spoiler:
Old 2006-12-22, 15:05   Link #155
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y View Post
Well, that was the idea anyway. In any case, that's as much as it goes in terms of preparation. All that's left is the actual scenario. Hopefully the new anime season will cover at least that adequately (because we all know there's no chance in hell they'd animate the puzzle pieces ).
Depending of the number of episodes they'll allocate for the second season, Maybe they can cover it ( , like I believe it hehehe )
Old 2006-12-23, 05:47   Link #156
Regel

Quote:
I ponder the mysterious woman Takano encounters in that last piece:
I thought just the same (!).
Old 2006-12-27, 02:00   Link #157
Rias

I've heard that there's a 52nd piece for Kakeramusubi (not the repeated #50)...anyone knows how to get that?
Old 2006-12-29, 09:17   Link #158
herculysse

I'm hearing the sound of footsteps.
Possibly all is my syndrome.

Spoiler:
Old 2006-12-29, 13:56   Link #159
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rias View Post
I've heard that there's a 52nd piece for Kakeramusubi (not the repeated #50)...anyone knows how to get that?
Piece #52 is a hidden ending to the game that you can only access by finishing the whole game once, and then going back to the piece puzzle segment and completing it again (for details on how to unlock it in the game, check kj's post the Matsuribayashi-hen thread. Watch for spoilers though).

The piece won't make much sense unless you already know about the entire Matsuribayashi-hen main story first, not to mention being a spoiler as well, so it was left out.

If the anime ever gets to Matsuribayashi-hen, maybe one of us will translate that piece when it's all over.
Old 2006-12-29, 16:07   Link #160
tehtf

Is it possible to briefly describe this alt ending (in the spoiler tag) compared to the normal ending? Cos from what I heard the PS2 ending will be the "true ending" that the author had in mind. just want to know if it's related to piece #52 that you all are talking about.
Closed Thread