AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-09-30, 00:31   Link #1
Sai Feng
Yo-poko! O_O

Nyankoi!

Since the anime is starting next month, Imangascans started releasing the manga chapters two weeks ago.

Summary from Mangaupdates:
Quote:
The story is about a second-year high school student named Junpei Kousaka, who not only hates cats but also is allergic to them. Unforunately, he happens to have a crush on a girl, Kaede Mizuno, who really loves cats. On the way home from school one day, Junpei kicks an empty can and happens to accidentally hit the Guardian Deity of Cats. Now he's able to understand cats but was practically given a curse. He has to grant 100 wishes from any cat or he'll turn into a cat himself.
It's an average romantic comedy, but an enjoyable read. It reminds me of Sketchbook only this time the cats are actually talking to a human and sort of bossing him around. Love the drawings and the character as well, especially Kana-chan and in the recent chapter I love how Nagi is frighten by thunder. Very funny situations and love the interactions with the cats. I guess you can call this a harem manga also as Junpei is gaining some affection by the girls he meet.
Sai Feng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-30, 03:38   Link #2
yozaku
Always Idle

I like this manga too

its anime will be added to my watchlist

i hope nagi will be cuter
yozaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-30, 05:28   Link #3
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Yup it's pretty good, though somewhat predictable. I am definitely enjoying it.
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-30, 05:44   Link #4
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

this manga is good i'll be following this
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-03, 03:51   Link #5
Sai Feng
Yo-poko! O_O

Spoiler for Ch. 8:
Old 2009-10-03, 08:42   Link #6
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

If kaede is not careful, kanako will slowly fill the gap between Junpei she has too many advantages his Childhood, nice caring girl .. and very attractive to say the least

will be waiting for chapter 9
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-03, 08:56   Link #7
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

I find it "interesting" how the author introduced that girl as a Kogal "Samba Girl" then very swiftly turned her into a more traditional high school girl right away. I thought it would be like, Samba Girl most of the time, then occasional moments revealing the gentle beauty beneath.

Not that I mind; she's pretty. Dude's lucky and doesn't even know it!

Also, I'm ashamed to admit this but I was actually surprised by the reveal in chapter 7. Lol harem?
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 01:17   Link #8
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

As of Right now, I'm rather frustrated with all four of the protagonists.

Spoiler for Chp 9:
Foreshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 01:59   Link #9
Johnny
Working the bags...

I like Kanako, but it never bodes well for the childhood friend if they keep their feelings secret for most of the manga. Plus the fact she likes to beat the hell out him as well...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 02:00   Link #10
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Me being me, I'm supporting Kanako all the way. Chapter 8 was just the clincher... man, that just full of moe right there.

Oddly enough, I don't mind nearly as much Kaede. I dunno, her being downcast a few chapters ago because Kanako and Junpei were getting along so well gave her few points in my book. Even if she'll be the one in the end, at least the path towards it is full of anguish lol. XD
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 03:01   Link #11
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Me being me, I'm supporting Kanako all the way. Chapter 8 was just the clincher... man, that just full of moe right there.

Oddly enough, I don't mind nearly as much Kaede. I dunno, her being downcast a few chapters ago because Kanako and Junpei were getting along so well gave her few points in my book. Even if she'll be the one in the end, at least the path towards it is full of anguish lol. XD
I also feel the same way here, I'm totally loving Kanako, she's great!

but also I don't mind Kaede, she comes across as the nice air headed lass as she is but without any of it being too annoying surprisingly.

saying that tho I'm all for Kanako, she has my full support here, which is odd as I usually support any and everyone that I even remotely like

Ch9

Well ch9 is something, cause Nagi is like awesome LOLz and Kaede is super cute here!

Ch10

Ch10 sees the introduction of a female postie, a lovely female postie at
she's also another great character to the series.
I'm actually loving every single character shown so far, all of them just totally lovable!

Last edited by Bonta Kun; 2009-10-07 at 23:32.
Bonta Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 21:56   Link #12
Sai Feng
Yo-poko! O_O

New girl introduced and she's a strange one, but an entertaining person and older too. I love how she rubs Junpei's head treating him like a little kid, sometimes she just acts like an old man. The cats' statements about Junpei not confessing to Mizuno yet were funny, "Aren't you a guy, bro?" "That's pitiful bro." xD
Old 2009-10-09, 17:39   Link #13
blade82

a good manga i like it
blade82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 23:45   Link #14
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Well I took a look at the RAWs and from what I gather I don't think this series will disappoint

next up is the introduction of the twins!

and stuff that comes later looks like its gonna be a blast!

Something I love about this series is the art, its somewhat simple yet manages to keep with detail and the facial expressions are great
Old 2009-10-10, 01:18   Link #15
Johnny
Working the bags...

Agreed plus the latest raw...Go Kanako...!!!
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-10, 13:37   Link #16
blade82

i see that you all like Kanako over the main girl (i forget her name)
Old 2009-10-10, 13:56   Link #17
zibi88

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade82 View Post
i see that you all like Kanako over the main girl (i forget her name)
well generally yes XD [btw her name is Mizuno Keade if I remember]..... well Kanako doesnt need anyone tell her about someone's feelings since she sees them... and she has them too and that will make her act sometimes cruel if it means to interupt a good moment between Jumpei and Mizuno [when they are in good mood she jumps in and mostly kick/punches/pushes/throws jumpei XD well jelousy reaction]

Anyway Mizuno is too big of airhead (even her class girl friends see that she is an airhead >__< they see the real stuff yet mizuno doesnt...)... mizuno needs others to tell her how other people feel or think about her which in my opinion is pathetic

Kanako is tsudare yet she is fully aware of her feelings and other people throughts [well mizuno is her main love enemy.... since she knows that jumpei is in love with mizuno she trys way way way harder to gain his attention [ after ch24 he mostly will kinda finaly notice that]

so yeah Kanako all the way !!! Mizuno was kinda alone and airhead all her life so it wont hurt her if Kanako will end up with jumpei since she sees how good relantionship they have and from first chapters we saw that she is a good friend with kanako [kana-chan]........ so I doubt she would want to destroy their relantionship (well jumpei will destroy it since like allways the main char will choice the main girl >__< so mostly he will choice still mizuno over kanako [if that happens kill jumpei !! ^^]

so yeah Kanako go for it XD
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-10, 22:46   Link #18
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
well generally yes XD [btw her name is Mizuno Keade if I remember]..... well Kanako doesnt need anyone tell her about someone's feelings since she sees them... and she has them too and that will make her act sometimes cruel if it means to interupt a good moment between Jumpei and Mizuno [when they are in good mood she jumps in and mostly kick/punches/pushes/throws jumpei XD well jelousy reaction]

Anyway Mizuno is too big of airhead (even her class girl friends see that she is an airhead >__< they see the real stuff yet mizuno doesnt...)... mizuno needs others to tell her how other people feel or think about her which in my opinion is pathetic

Kanako is tsudare yet she is fully aware of her feelings and other people throughts [well mizuno is her main love enemy.... since she knows that jumpei is in love with mizuno she trys way way way harder to gain his attention [ after ch24 he mostly will kinda finaly notice that]

so yeah Kanako all the way !!! Mizuno was kinda alone and airhead all her life so it wont hurt her if Kanako will end up with jumpei since she sees how good relantionship they have and from first chapters we saw that she is a good friend with kanako [kana-chan]........ so I doubt she would want to destroy their relantionship (well jumpei will destroy it since like allways the main char will choice the main girl >__< so mostly he will choice still mizuno over kanako [if that happens kill jumpei !! ^^]

so yeah Kanako go for it XD
but there is an obstacle, a big one, the cat curse and the senpai that thinking her junior is much cuter than Kanako or if Jun didn't get his girl of interest, this Yakuza daughter will stole him for her groom
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-11, 02:57   Link #19
zibi88

Quote:
Originally Posted by surerman View Post
but there is an obstacle, a big one, the cat curse and the senpai that thinking her junior is much cuter than Kanako or if Jun didn't get his girl of interest, this Yakuza daughter will stole him for her groom
but well if you would see ch24 you would notice that Kanako has a suporter too ^^ so sempai might be mizunos suporter... but there is someone that is suporting kanako (that person noticed how she looks on jumpei and come up with an idea ^^)

That sempai is kinda annoying for me..... since if she wanted to be seen as a girl than she should wear girl's uniforms and she wears male uniforms so here is the misunderstanding she alone makes.... (if someone is flat like board and wears male uniforms than no wonder people dont see her as girl XD)

well maybe sempai would stop butting in if mizuno would ask her to stop.... since well mizuno is a friend of kanako after all (and she mostly sees that she [kanako] likes jumpei maybe more than childhood friend)

time will show how it will play off....
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-11, 15:55   Link #20
blade82

you spoil a litte i think

Tags
harem, romance, shounen