AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-07-09, 00:48   Link #21
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
That was...horrifically terribad and plain dumb. I was cringing and laughing throughout the entire episode.

If only words could express how awful that was!

Well, I will not be watching future eps, but hafta admit that I am amazed at the genius to do something like THAT to the old traditional tale. Almost reminds me of the B grade movies from the old Elvira hosted tv horror series Up All Night....

Which means the series will definitely have some dedicated watchers, or I'm a lizard (to quote Smaug).
Old 2014-07-09, 03:29   Link #22
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Seriously, I think this show will be all about Momoko's peaches and not the plot!

Really, it feels that they took the Momotaro expy from Ookami-san and turn into a younger, more bustier version of that character!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-09, 06:47   Link #23
ookamigirl

This is classified as fantasy.
I would not agree that it's only that.
All girls, prevy animals and lots of big boobs.
The girls seems to be shinobi or something though.
Skipping this..

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-09, 06:55   Link #24
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

ep.1

long ago an old couple living normal life til one day when found giant peach & open find a girl they named her momoko yet she grew up fast.

forward to now demon are rising from the grounds which cause heaven maidens send tennyo squad to earth cause the demon are after for fragment of pink shards.

back to momoko now grown-up having training from giant tree chops, chop wood dummy, & jab stab breaking giant boulders with her 3 animals are training her to fight the demons.

so after training & shrine go home see her grandparents til news of demon on rise then tennyo squad arrive at village give momoko charge going are you the demons yep our heroine is bit air-headed.

yet village attack the demons are here all that training now momoko fight the demons til green demon lead the village attack give bit strong for momoko it's time for special combine mode where momoko combine with her animals.

momoko + dog = blue hair spear axe mode yet beat green demon yet still need more training for her spiritual union modes power after fight tennyo squad's boss ask momoko help in stop the demon & find the fragments.

next day momoko go do it help the tennyo beat demon & get the fragments with the journey begins.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-09, 07:41   Link #25
Baldurkai
Ultra durable

Them jiggle effects were over the top, and this whole show is just about women, peaches and lack of clothing, a skip for me too.

Rather disappointed, I like remakes of old tales.

Spoiler for About ep 1.:

This felt like a plot from some fantasy hentai more than anything else.
Sadly went the route I didn't want it to go oh well hope some people enjoyed this more than me.

Last edited by Baldurkai; 2014-07-09 at 07:45. Reason: Peaches!
Baldurkai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-09, 15:06   Link #26
R.LocK
My turn

Mediocre. OST's quite good, though.
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-09, 15:14   Link #27
Sol Falling

Recognized YuiKaori as part of the Celestial Maiden Squad. lol, this series is okay so far for me. Looking forward to Onihime being introduced next episode in any case. Since she seems to be portrayed as opposite/next to Momoko in most of the promotional materials, I wonder if she'll end up being a true bad guy or a co-protagonist of sorts.

(I was thinking it might have been fun if the Oni King had been genderbent too (and was actually Onihime), but it looks like this series won't be as lighthearted/fanservicey as to go that far. Ah well, I guess this gives a better chance for her to eventually end up on the same side as Momoko.)
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-09, 21:25   Link #28
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well not to bad it kind of has a Koihime Musou feel to it
Old 2014-07-10, 20:09   Link #29
chaos_animagic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
Seriously, I think this show will be all about Momoko's peaches and not the plot!

Really, it feels that they took the Momotaro expy from Ookami-san and turn into a younger, more bustier version of that character!
mmm... peaches.... they're delicious

PS: which "plot" are you talking about?
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-10, 21:01   Link #30
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_animagic View Post
PS: which "plot" are you talking about?
Um, it's about the story of Momoko slaying demons and collecting pink shards across Japan. That's the plot I'm talking about.

But seriously, it's all about fanservice!
Old 2014-07-12, 15:53   Link #31
BaronNoir

Anyone else think here that a key element of the show (that is, it's based on a very popular fairy tale...apparently) might be lost in translation ?

IE, while the plot does look, ahem, peculiar, I kinda wonder if this is not seen by the average Japanese as we see Shrek (altough laced with nudity and big breasts).

If Michael Bay made a Cinderella movie with lots and lots of explosion, the average non-Westerner viewer would find the plot pretty stupid too.
BaronNoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-12, 15:56   Link #32
BaronNoir

Momotaro, the original story, is well-known enough that the very first animated productions of Japan were retelling of it....(cue to a post I made on an history forum...)

(...) that this anime, which is, well, a new low on a certain POV, is actually almost tastefull considering the first animated takes on this story).

It's a bit an overkill to mock fairy/folk tales plot wise : Momotaro meets talking critters, and have various adventures until he punch and stabs his way to the local lair of evil demons, that he then proceeds to kill or capture to loot the lair. Knowing today anime, I will give you a single guess about how exactly the anime try to built on this basis.

''Momotaro'' is apparently remarkably popular in Japan, since it was the basis of two of the first feature films of Japan. The setting is the same : boy meets talking critters (instead of big-breasted ladies) and go on with them on random adventures against demons...in this case, evil American and English demons, : thanks the Emperor, Momotaro enlisted in the IJN for assaulting the super-evil demon-lair of Pearl Harbour !

The first film was released in march 1943, where unfortunately a lot of the Showa-Japan version of the girls of Kantai Collection had been sunk at Midway.

The producer then redoubled with efforts to create another masterpiece filled with even more fanservice than the 2014 version (but Showa Japan fanservice) in which the said cute critters, promoted as IJA/IJN officers, are building a aircraft base that is totally unlike Guadalcanal, complete with cowardly Western soldiers fleeing in terror upon seeing Momotaro and the normal kids friends he brought along. The ending shows the kids training with energy for invading the United States.

Giving a whole new meaning to ''poor timing'', the movie was released the 12th April 1945.
BaronNoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-15, 21:23   Link #33
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Momoko and the new girl got into a eating contest and get really fat
Old 2014-07-16, 04:58   Link #34
bastek66

Ending is really nice
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2014-07-16, 08:21   Link #35
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
so is Kamen Rider Den-O's version of Momotaro considered the best uptake here?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-18, 15:10   Link #36
revive4563

I was going to drop this instantlly, when I saw crappy first episode just now...
but I saw crappy 2nd episode by mistake...
I'm starting to think that this crappiness is a kinda...cute.
At least Oni-hime (Ogre princess) is nice character as childish guileless villain.
revive4563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-18, 17:18   Link #37
CGrascal

During the eating contest, the one thing that came to my mind during the sequence was "Big is beautiful."
CGrascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-19, 05:39   Link #38
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Got to admit, Onihime's rivalry with Momoko is so childish... that it's better than having Momoko face off against Jakioh!
Old 2014-07-19, 20:56   Link #39
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

ep.2

meet main members of demon faction give have 4 pieces of shard yet want it get a great wish yet wonder to do with momoko so then blue-blonde go human world but got blackmail by onihime the demon boss daughter to bring along.

meanwhile momoko practice another fusion move still on works then maiden squad appear give mention shard in the area so visit the city place give momoko going awe in the city then want dumplings til bump with hidden onihime.

so have buns eating contest for dumplings reach 200 all tied yet end in draw pull away so after that find area got shard yet fire in the city but wait it an illusion.

so momoko, 3 animals, & maiden squad go in find demon are here that blue-blonde make illusion by smoking & oh onihime here too cue pointing you again between momoko and onihime yet it's on.

give momoko on the ropes til monkey give focus try fusion mode then head maiden's sidekick appear who have liking being tied & sacrifices appear give the 2 special dumpling from maiden's boss give bad taste it work cue momoko going blonde, faster, & have wolverine claws to beat onihime.

but demon clan get shard to retreat yet same time both momoko & onihime eating buns for this is not over yet between them.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-22, 15:55   Link #40
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Thinking of dropping this now....
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, ecchi, fantasy, magical girl