AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-06-08, 05:32   Link #1
Zakoo

Oukoku game

I made some research and didn't find a thread concerning the manga, 2 chapters for the moment, and it seems pretty exciting.

Synopsis :

Quote:
At the end of Meiji Restoration, a girl saint was crucified and burnt alive under persecution.

A century later, Katori and six childhood friends are summoned to her world beyond the nirvana, where they receive the Great Commission: Build a kingdom, and make disciples of all nations.

At every midnight, each of them are randomly given a role out of King/Queen, Noble, and Peasants. As the lowly must obey a higher-up in the hierarchy, can they fight and defeat other nations to conquer the world--before infighting brought up by their own hidden desires breaks them apart?

Spoiler for Cover:

There's some NSFW in this.

Edit : just ended chapter 2, god , GOD!
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 10:08   Link #2
RapidPotential
Spinning round and round~

Spoiler for My thoughts...:
RapidPotential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 02:34   Link #3
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidPotential View Post
Spoiler for My thoughts...:
Spoiler for Thoughts about ch 2:

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-04, 23:21   Link #4
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

read up to ch 7 raw....great, this time we have an obsessed yuri girl. >_>.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-18, 11:56   Link #5
Iron Maw
Banned

Ch 5

New chapter out: Oh my... Yuri is REALLY friendly isn't she?
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-18, 14:27   Link #6
Zakoo

That escalated quickly.

I'm not fond of yuri generally but today well ...
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-21, 14:44   Link #7
Iron Maw
Banned

Ch 06

So surprise surprise the misogynistic idiotic King got himself a mutiny and was killed.

Though I wonder what had Yuri planned to do with his two cohorts especially considering once either one of them becomes King there going to be trouble.

Also, I noticed something in chapter 5... If Yuri's kingdom is really destroyed... where are the corpses of the other girls? I can't help but feel something a little off here even moreso because she still a Queen. I guess next chapter will clear up things a bit more on that end.
Old 2014-01-28, 11:28   Link #8
blitz1/2

Chapter 9 is released, but in chinese. Does anybody know what does the cross thing does?

Old 2014-04-21, 12:15   Link #9
Iron Maw
Banned

Ch 9

^My best guess is a may revive a person. The "Cross" is also seen as symbol of resurrection after all.
Old 2014-07-01, 18:18   Link #10
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

20 territories? Does that mean they have beaten 19 other kingdoms? After hearing that I was sure the girl wouldn't act scared when that delinquent guy jumped over his henchman to get to the girl across the ice... but she actually really freaked out... maybe she has someone in her kingdom that is very strong, while she is actually never at the frontlines herself? And is there some kind of system that enables the roles to be set/frozen permanently?
GreyZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-01, 23:28   Link #11
dark44

to defeat other kingdoms you have to kill them? if so then it is survival game and the winner are all killers
dark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-02, 04:36   Link #12
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark44 View Post
to defeat other kingdoms you have to kill them? if so then it is survival game and the winner are all killers
Well it is being said that they can make the nations "their disciples", so maybe there is a non-war way.
Old 2014-07-02, 12:00   Link #13
nosaer

This is the best twist on the king game that I've ever read. I usually hate seeing when the king game comes up in random slice of life stories because it tends to feel like a filler of non sense BS. I'm looking forward to how this develops.

As for the group with 20 disciples, My guess is that the current Queen isn't the actual leader of the group sense a new monarch is decided every night (atleast for our main group). I think it would be interesting if there were a way to assign more permanent roles, but that development could very easily be just as bad as it can be good.

I do think though that there may be a way for one group to take over another without killing the king, like maybe if the king decides to make an alliance with another king of some type.
nosaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-02, 15:17   Link #14
Quol
That Guy

I would guess if the king says "I surrender" then they would lose the war without anyone dying.

That aside is it true that they get super regeneration when not in a war? Because to me it would seem to be better for the people to get super regeneration while in war.
Quol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-02, 15:48   Link #15
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quol View Post
I would guess if the king says "I surrender" then they would lose the war without anyone dying.

That aside is it true that they get super regeneration when not in a war? Because to me it would seem to be better for the people to get super regeneration while in war.
Probably to prevent people from dying outside the game.
If they had high regeneration during games, the game could potentially continue for a long time. If defensive abilities like an energy shield exists, combined with high regeneration the king could potentially become unkillable.

Quite interesting that the girl selected the sword and shield as the bonus from winning their kingdom battles since their functions are obvious.

Wouldn't be surprised if the cross allowed kingdoms to establish alliances, thus ending a battle in a draw.
Alternatively it could allow all members (peons, aristocrat) of different kingdoms to communicate with each other, unlike the current situations where only different kings can communicate.
Old 2014-07-02, 17:16   Link #16
nosaer

on one hand i want to believe that a surrendering king will keep his life, but typically I'd expect that a king who has surrendered will be killed to prevent any uprisings. Just like when that queen died during the revolution. It might not be that simple but then again it could be.

As for the cross, my initial thoughts were that it could grant some kind of special magic spells or miracles. a Sword for melee, or attack boost, a shield for defense boost, and the Cross for Magic.

You also tend to see crosses when dealing with healing so maybe it could be something regarding that as well.

all members being able to communicate with other kingdom's is something I wasn't expecting and is an interesting Idea though. If its tied to religion, then its possible for two kingdoms who share said religion might be able to understand each other.
nosaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-02, 17:55   Link #17
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

A lot of people have the theory that the cross gives the ability to revive someone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosaer View Post
This is the best twist on the king game that I've ever read. I usually hate seeing when the king game comes up in random slice of life stories because it tends to feel like a filler of non sense BS. I'm looking forward to how this develops.
[...]
I cannot speak japanese at all, but this is wrong. It is not the "king game" (ousama game), it is the "kindom game" (oukoku game). The king game is in a way included as well, but it is only one part of it. There are multiple self-contained "ousama games" whose participants fight against other participants of different "ousama games", which as a whole creates the "oukoku game", to put it figuratively.
Old 2014-07-02, 17:56   Link #18
Quol
That Guy

Spoiler for Surrendering:
It seems that its possible to surrender and since she didnt mention any of their companions being killed i would guess that slaying the monarch of a satellite nation is a choice.

Also when i first saw the cross aid i thought it would heal or revive a dead member but im starting to think that maybe it has something to do with religion.
Quol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-09, 07:38   Link #19
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
I forgot this thread existed. Anyways... Chapter 11 has been scanlated and released!
Old 2014-10-02, 09:12   Link #20
blitz1/2

wow....I think dat guy lost it or was being a serious realist to have capped off 2 guys like that. But, I wonder what they would choose for rewards.