AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-10-10, 14:50   Link #3421
sangofe

Smile Saizen Fansubs' recruiting!

We’re currently looking for LOTSA STAFF to work across all of Saizen's ongoing (and future) projects. We still want QUALITY CHECKERS to join up most, and Captain Tsubasa requires a Quality CHECKER, a TIMER, and a TYPESETTER, but if you’re head and shoulders above the rest in your chosen area, come and wow us with your skillz. So if you think you can pass the grueling triathlon that is the Saizen Test, drop us a line at saizen.recruits@gmail.com or gatecrash #saizen or #saizen^recruits on the Rizon network on IRC.

If you’re a TRANSLATORwith a potential project you want to sub (non-simulcast/licensed), we will consider titles on a project-by-project basis. Please note: ALL ALL POSITIONS WILL BE TESTED.

Find us at http://www.saizen-fansubs.com
Old 2013-10-11, 14:49   Link #3422
Lord of El Hazard

Skaro Hunting Society needs a translator for GeGeGe no Kitarou (1968 and 1971 TV series).

http://skarohuntingsociety.blogspot.com/
Old 2013-10-20, 09:16   Link #3423
begna112

Position(s): Japanese to English Translators, TLCs, Timers
Group: DameDesuYo
Project(s): Galilei Donna, Yuushibu
IRC Channel: #DameDesuYo
IRC Contact: begna112, BlackShads
URL: http://damedesuyofansubs.wordpress.com
E-Mail: damedesuyofansubs@gmail.com

We're looking for highly motivated staff to work on two airing shows this season (and hopefully continue with us).

We want to improve our release times so high availability after airtimes is a must

Notice: assholes need not apply. We've had enough of people who just cant play nice with other staff, other subbers and fans.
Old 2013-11-02, 15:36   Link #3424
Kurohane

The below is from GoldenUmi of GX_ST:

Quote:
This announcement has been coming for a while now but I decided to finally make it. I'll be posting this on both GX_ST's forum and NAC's forum respectively.

As you've all noticed, my releases for ZeXal have slowed and slowed recently as real life has gotten more challenging. I'm now at the point where there's no way I can guarantee even one episode a week, partly due to my own lack of motivation to work on the series and my decreasing interest in the franchise over the past few months due to ZeXal's terrible writing and inconsistencies, not to mention its treatment of characters.

That said, I'm looking to gather a team of members who can help me keep the spirit going. If I can get a translator in addition to people who still enjoy the series and who have the time and motivation to keep the project alive, I'll eventually step down altogether and leave the future of the series in the hands of those I feel are capable of handling the releases. But time will tell.

So pass this message along to your friends and anyone else who's a fan of ZeXal and who relies on (to my knowledge) the only English sub of this series out there to date. I am only one person and the pressure of being the only one people rely on for this series is very stressful, and while I do not want to, I am getting close to a point where I may drop the project altogether if I do not receive any help by the time either the ZeXal anime ends or the current arc dealing with the Barians ends and a new storyline begins; whichever of these comes first. No matter what I will finish subbing the Barian plotline, but if I don't get any help releases are going to come out even slower than now...I'm talking months behind more than likely.

In order to keep releases coming at a decent pace that is acceptable to the community, I need your help in recruiting the following team members:

Translators: This is key for the continuation of the project and more than one would be for the best so one person is not burdened with everything.

Timers: I need people dedicated to timing the translated scripts.
Editors: I need people who are very fluent in English to look over scripts to ensure that the final released script feels natural in English.
Encoders: I'd like to find people who have the time to encode MKV releases.
Quality Checkers (QC): At least one person who can watch the finalized episode and double check for any errors that were missed.

In the meantime I will slowly work away at the episodes already out, but I'm slowly getting more and more behind due to my schedule and other responsibilities/projects.

And one last time, whether I get help or not, I will be dropping this project at the end of the series or current storyline, whichever comes first. However, I will continue finalizing previous series, including ZeXal, and releasing the Toei series.

~GoldenUmi
You can contact him on the GX_ST website if interested.
Old 2013-11-08, 19:12   Link #3425
fgghjjkll

I'm fgghjjkll, Timer, Typesetter, and QC for too many groups to remember.

I've just finished High School. I'm in NEET mode for a few months so I can take up some fansubbing stuff.

Contact me by Skype (fgghjjkll) or Email (fgghjjkll a@t hotmail.com). I'm also on Rizon, pm fgghjjkll
Old 2013-11-19, 02:23   Link #3426
3shiro
konitchiha

Send a message via MSN to 3shiro
Hello, I am currently trying to translate Ganbare Genki anime I did 8 episodes so far, I am looking for a Japanese to English translator to do the rest, what I want is someone to watch the episodes and translate it by text document and I'll do the rest, if any of you is interested please contact me!
Old 2013-11-21, 22:32   Link #3427
Tsuchimikado
土御門 元春

Manga related

Position needed(s): Japanese to English Translators
"NEW" Group: WannabeScanlations
Project(s): Baka to Tesuto to Shoukanjuu MANGA and 4koma
url: http://wannabescanlations.wordpress.com/

Hope there's not problem for being an scanlation group. I didn't know where else to look for help.

Last edited by Tsuchimikado; 2013-11-21 at 22:58.
Old 2013-12-10, 13:16   Link #3428
LB01

Position(s): Translator, Timer
Project(s): Hokuto no Ken 25-43
E-Mail: hokutonokenproject@gmail.com

I would like to start a project to help clean up episodes 25-43 of Hokuto no Ken (and possibly 14-24). Ideally if I can find a translator we can start from scratch. If not, I'm not above editing the AnimeSkyScraper subtitles to make the dialogue flow more naturally and to fix the timing and typesetting. If I do that they will be softsubs in case a translator ever does want to look at it. The remaster will be used so the video will be much much better. If you are a translator or timer and interested in helping, message me here or through email.
Old 2013-12-23, 12:21   Link #3429
Korokun

m33w

Rarely do I ever ask but for the sake of and if anyone ever has interest to join an old 2006 year group, feel free to hit me up via mirc (pm Korokun) or email at dog_man32 at hotmail dot com.

We will take all positions and teach as necessary. Fresh, novices, or experts are fine to join, and we'll always take a translator or two. Even will up front talk a deal to do so much for so much work, etc, but that's neither here nor there.

Anyway, hit me up or find me online and lets tackle some anime together!
Old 2014-01-02, 13:13   Link #3430
sangofe

Quote:
Originally Posted by LB01 View Post
Position(s): Translator, Timer
Project(s): Hokuto no Ken 25-43
E-Mail: hokutonokenproject@gmail.com

I would like to start a project to help clean up episodes 25-43 of Hokuto no Ken (and possibly 14-24). Ideally if I can find a translator we can start from scratch. If not, I'm not above editing the AnimeSkyScraper subtitles to make the dialogue flow more naturally and to fix the timing and typesetting. If I do that they will be softsubs in case a translator ever does want to look at it. The remaster will be used so the video will be much much better. If you are a translator or timer and interested in helping, message me here or through email.
1) This is licensed and released on dvd's already, and
2) are these subs not good?
Old 2014-01-02, 14:49   Link #3431
H0shikuzu
Fansubber

Helloies everyone! Stardust is looking to hire an experienced typesetter for a secret project that we've had in the making for a few years now. If you can help, hmu (Hoshikuzu) on irc at #stardust@irc.rizon.net or email me at stardustfansubs@gmail.com
Old 2014-01-11, 21:51   Link #3432
Eternal_Blizzard
*Fansubber

Position(s): Editor, Quality Checker
Group: Soldado-Subs
Project(s): Ninku, Tobe! Isami
IRC Channel: #Soldado@irc.rizon.net
IRC Contact: Eternal_Blizzard
URL: http://soldado.us.to
E-Mail: soldadoanime@gmail.com

We've fairly recently begun subbing Ninku from where DB left off, but we are in need of some QC support. If anyone is willing to help, feel free to shoot me an e-mail, or just drop by the irc channel. - Eternal_Blizzard
Old 2014-01-27, 08:25   Link #3433
alchemist11
サード
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to alchemist11 Send a message via Yahoo to alchemist11
Group: ray=out anime and manga services.
Position: Encoder.
Project(s): Hiatari Ryoukou Film.
Old 2014-02-07, 16:18   Link #3434
getfresh
done
*Fansubber

Group: Nothing
Positions: Everything
Projects: Lots of things
Experience: Anything

Want to know more, find me. IRC is your adventure and I am Waldo!
Old 2014-02-19, 15:30   Link #3435
kuri`

Umai Fansubs Reboot

Hi I'm kuri` of Umai Fansubs.

The group has been inactive for years now, however I believe fansubbing isn't completely dead and I would like to take advantage of this dry spell to find some hidden gems that probably aren't receiving attention old or new.

The group is in need of all positions especially translators. Please visit #umai @ irc.rizon.net and msg kuri` for details, suggestions are welcome.

If you want to help out a group with some history sub some shows that you may feel have been overlooked by the mainstream past or present please visit us.

Thanks in advance,
kuri`
Old 2014-02-24, 18:52   Link #3436
Sparhawk85

Position(s): Japanese to English Translators, Timers
Group: Kite-Seekers
Project(s): Dragon Ball Kai (Majin Buu Arc)
IRC Channel: #kiteseekers
IRC Contact: Webbmaster62, Sparhawk/Hawkiebot
URL: http://kiteseekers.blogspot.com/
E-Mail: sparhawk1985@gmail.com

For those of you who do not know yet, they are finishing the Dragon Ball Kai series, starting in April. They will start where they 2012 version left off, at the start of the Buu Saga and will basically retell the Dragon Ball Z story but without the filler and more faithful to the Manga.

I have pretty much every thing I need, except for a Translator willing to TL this series for us. Timers are also in demand, as some of our current timers are a little swamped with other work but the main thing we need to get this project off the ground is a TL.
Old 2014-02-25, 04:29   Link #3437
Chaosskun
Seriously
*Fansubber

Hi, I'm Chaoss. I'm a Timer in many groups. if you guys need timer just Email me: chaosskun1@gmail.com or query me Chaoss on #Rizon
Old 2014-03-06, 16:41   Link #3438
Sparhawk85

Position(s): Japanese to English Translators, Karaoke Effects Artists
Old 2014-03-11, 11:15   Link #3439
False Dawn
Florsheim Monster
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparhawk85 View Post
Position(s): Japanese to English Translators, Karaoke Effects Artists

Didn't Funi license DB Kai?
Old 2014-03-11, 14:10   Link #3440
Sparhawk85

It isn't automatically licensed. A good example of that is Battle of the Gods. It isn't currently licensed outside of Japan. Also keep in mind that although they did license the original one from 2012, this is a new one that starts next month, so it isn't currently licensed.

Last edited by Sparhawk85; 2014-03-11 at 17:54.
Closed Thread

Tags
help thread, recruitment, translator