AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-12-15, 16:55   Link #21
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Yeah seeing Rem is gonna be awesome. I hope her seiyuu fits, they did a good job with Ryuk
If you haven't seen Rem in action yet.. then you better hurry up & do so - perfect VA for her. :3
Old 2006-12-21, 22:28   Link #22
Dragon_Ninja

I thought Rem's voice was pretty good. As far as the second arc of Death Note goes, I don't know if it will be animated, however, I can say for sure that I liked it a lot, even though most people didn't. Sure, it started out a little slow, but if you have the mind to follow it, than you'll see that it gets good again around chapter 70. I'll admit that I too hated the second arc (but only at first). I didn't like Near at first either, because he was basing his judgements purely on whim when we first saw him in action, however as the second arc progressed, so did his skills in reasoning, and logic. Believe it or not, I began to like him almost as much as L (best DN character )! Anyways, DN is my favorite manga, and I don't care what other people say, the second arc was pretty damn good IMO. Hell, I like the whole entire series, aside from the begginning of the second arc.
Old 2006-12-22, 00:08   Link #23
striderm
Adusa #1

So who was the character Jealous? Sounds familiar but I just can't recollect. L's actor from the movies plays him in the anime.
Old 2006-12-22, 08:39   Link #24
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

Send a message via AIM to the.Merines Send a message via MSN to the.Merines
Quote:
Originally Posted by striderm View Post
So who was the character Jealous? Sounds familiar but I just can't recollect. L's actor from the movies plays him in the anime.
Spoiler:
Old 2006-12-23, 05:13   Link #25
piccahoe
Pain & Determination

Spoiler:
Old 2006-12-23, 14:02   Link #26
Dragon_Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by piccahoe View Post
Spoiler:
Wow, I never thought about that. However I have read the entire manga series, and to answer your question, they never bring that up in the series. However there is a vol.13 which has character profiles and stuff like that, it may be explained if the author intended that in there, but its not said in the series.
Old 2006-12-24, 05:55   Link #27
Trickster Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by piccahoe View Post
Spoiler:
Yeah, I noticed that a little while ago. Kinda odd, isn't it? I think the Author did the bit with LMN on purpose certainly, Kira perhaps. If not, it's still a fun little property/effect in the series.
Old 2006-12-25, 00:33   Link #28
myopius

I noticed that. The LMN part is pretty clear and with Kira imitating L's font at one point you also start to think in those terms, if you hadn't already.

Last edited by myopius; 2006-12-25 at 00:36. Reason: I posted about something else initially, but realized I was wrong. Had to edit it to make this post not completely useless.
Old 2006-12-25, 02:45   Link #29
piccahoe
Pain & Determination

hmm I rewatched the second episode and I notice that "kira" means killer in japanese so I'm guessing the message is "Killer light mellow near"...does that meake sense?
Old 2007-01-25, 11:26   Link #30
myopius

Not really, I'd say...

It seems like DN is definitely lower in popularity than it used to be. Probably because episodes like #12 bored readers with too much intrigue and too little people getting hit by moving vehicles. Now that we're at the end of episode 15, where Light has just uttered the line, "Say goodbye, Ryuk", this is the perfect time for a new OP to capture the major plot changes that begin to occur, and all the new characters (including Light himself). Yeah, too bad it's probably not going to happen... yeah... This is where the series becomes most intriguing, in my opinion, since you're left wondering what's going on with Light....
Old 2007-01-25, 22:22   Link #31
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Did L guess Misa and Yagami were in cahoots ? I think L coming to visit Yagami in Todai had a reason to establish a connection between Kira 1 and Kira 2 . He made it seem arbitrary
Old 2007-01-30, 14:45   Link #32
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Episode 20's episode title is "Successor" - so i'm pretty much guessing that'll be where Near/Mello appear. Still, its hard to believe this series shall be 37 episodes at the speed its running.

Also, it looks like it'll be episode 17/18 shall be the end of L. That'll be epic to see..
Old 2007-01-30, 15:02   Link #33
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Man, sure seems fast-moving in comparison to the manga. But that's definitely a positive point IMO.
Old 2007-01-30, 21:44   Link #34
cyw1988
Japaholic

Send a message via MSN to cyw1988
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Episode 20's episode title is "Successor" - so i'm pretty much guessing that'll be where Near/Mello appear. Still, its hard to believe this series shall be 37 episodes at the speed its running.

Also, it looks like it'll be episode 17/18 shall be the end of L. That'll be epic to see..
Major Spoilers ahead... Warning

Spoiler:
Old 2007-01-31, 00:22   Link #35
Andu

Send a message via MSN to Andu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post

Right now the anime is at the capture of Misa with episode 15, right ?
That means they have to fit chapters 34(beginning of Light's imprisonment)-57(the death of L) in 2 or 3 episodes, which is highly unlikely...
Old 2007-01-31, 09:13   Link #36
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

You have to keep in mind that episode 19's title is "Matsuda". This is probably when he pretends to be Misa's manager, and him finding out more about the Yotsuba group.
Old 2007-01-31, 16:39   Link #37
myopius

Hmm, any episode called "Matsuda" promises to be a pretty win episode... "Successor" as an episode title could refer to just the Yotsuba guy in general, though. I mean, there probably is a focus on him around there, since that should be about when Misa talks to him in the car, and when Misa's told by Rem that he's the successor. Or who knows, maybe Successor is Near, L dies in 18, 19 is a Matsuda filler episode where he runs around the city doing goofy things like helping cats get down from trees a la Buttons & Mindy. !

This last episode #16 was the most crucial yet I think, and fortunately they pulled it off well. Not perfectly but really well. What I mean is the moment that Light forfeits the note, how he's characterized. The sideways-from-below shot of Light's face was badly drawn, but all the front views of Light's born-again face were excellent. His voice acting was also very excellent, especially the line right after he forfeited it. And the bit where they zoom in close to see his pupils and he asks if these are the eyes of a liar, that was beautiful.

(The main complaint I have with #16 is that so much of it is random filler bits, and that they changed it so Light didn't say that he planned to volunteer himself to be in confinement.)

This is the best part of the series IMO (after the initial bit up to Naomi's death) though it will confuse (and I've noticed it already has confused some) first-time viewers who don't realize that for the first time, the viewer isn't told everything that Light's planning. Which does kinda make me worried about spoilers in the episode topics (not major spoilers, just subtle yet important spoilers that I would feel like a bastard for getting someone banned by reporting on). We finally get to see the other side of Light, the side most people forgot about. For a while, we (the viewer) are the only people who know that Light was Kira, that he forfeited the note and lost his memories, etc., and we just have to watch Light & L act not knowing any of the details we do. It's unique, and I love it.
Old 2007-02-01, 14:05   Link #38
Andu

I take it back. After seeing ep 16 and finding out that ep 19 is called "Matsuda" (which probably will show us how he spies on Yotsuba), ep 20 can probably conclude things with L and introduce Near&Mello.
A little speedy for me though, i kinda prefer the manga. At this pace, they might even be able to conclude this story with 37 episodes...
Old 2007-02-01, 14:20   Link #39
bkg9990
Singin Diamond Crevasse
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to bkg9990 Send a message via Yahoo to bkg9990
just watched episode 16, I must say its too short for the whole manga..

Spoiler:
Old 2007-02-02, 00:42   Link #40
Andu

If they are going for a second season, they will probably end the first one with L's death.
Theres no way i could imagine them stretching it that long. Seeing that they have 21 episodes and 21 chapters to go ...
They will definately not make an episode per chapter, that's for sure...
Closed Thread