AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-08-28, 19:44   Link #2681
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I'm not scared of Leona. Pre-6, yes she is a problem. After 6, I can easily beat her 2v2 as Sona. She is a champ I do ward lane bushes over, though.

Thanks for the advice all. Will probably make Janna my #2.

Btw what is this Arcade Sona I keep hearing about?
Old 2012-08-28, 20:14   Link #2682
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

It's a PAX skin that is free at PAX, but buyable in store.
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 06:52   Link #2683
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

So after getting in the mood to play Twisted Treeline(3 vs 3) some, cause I was annoyed at a losing streak on SR, played dozen, or so games over few days with great win rate, then today somehow I get matched with someone who was 2.2k ELO in solo queue for ranked SR , which was fairly surprising I mean he was good in the match, but I wouldn't have guessed he was that ranked of a player by how the match went.

And that marks the highest ranking player I've matched with or against to date .
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 07:51   Link #2684
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Please tell me it was the Lee Sin, that Riven on your team was a clown. Lee's ward and leap to escape being ganged was quite impressive.

And it seems Janna suits me quite well, thanks for the advice, everyone.

Just curious - how much do people leave at choice screen when you know randoms are being stupid or picking a losing side?

Usually it's about 50% for me, but today it's about 85%....only played 4 and left about 20 at choice...

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2012-08-29 at 08:46.
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 22:25   Link #2685
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Please tell me it was the Lee Sin, that Riven on your team was a clown. Lee's ward and leap to escape being ganged was quite impressive.

Just curious - how much do people leave at choice screen when you know randoms are being stupid or picking a losing side?
It was the Lee from the match after that one with riven(I was Diana and we had an Ezreal vs Diana/Darius/Naut), and he did pretty with ward jumping too.
MAL
Old 2012-08-30, 00:37   Link #2686
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
So after getting in the mood to play Twisted Treeline(3 vs 3) some, cause I was annoyed at a losing streak on SR, played dozen, or so games over few days with great win rate
Had a few TT games too, but imo it greatly favors certain champions so it gets boring fast. I won a 2v3 made of Heimer&Malphite vs Sivir/Rengar/Olaf. Grenade+missiles took 70% of everyone's HP and after getting zhonya's hourglass, we won the match with Malphite BD while I aced in a 1v3. Ezreal is also a phenomenal TT champion thanks to his poking range and mini-blink.
Quote:
If you're talking ARAM, I've never had anyone leave, most people respect this custom choice and rarely have people debating whether or not picks were truly random and whatnot.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-30, 01:44   Link #2687
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

No I'm referring to...

2 people picking ADC or AP because they refuse to yield.
People picking the squishiest characters possible against a tanky team.
People picking the weakest character with a late pick against an early choice top/mid.
Troll bans and letting the other team get Shen, Malphite and Kassadin all at once.
Their attitude immediately gives away they're going to throw the match.
People using Revive.
They pick the role you were going to take evrn though they called something else.
They intentionally ban anything in your role you said you were going to use.
They send support mid, jungle top, adc jungle.
People announcing they will use a champ in the worst way and that they're serious.

That happens in over 50% of my choice menus.
Old 2012-08-30, 02:27   Link #2688
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Had a few TT games too, but imo it greatly favors certain champions so it gets boring fast. I won a 2v3 made of Heimer&Malphite vs Sivir/Rengar/Olaf. Grenade+missiles took 70% of everyone's HP and after getting zhonya's hourglass, we won the match with Malphite BD while I aced in a 1v3. Ezreal is also a phenomenal TT champion thanks to his poking range and mini-blink.
Eh besides how the majority of ADC and supports are generally pretty bad (exceptions like Blitzcrank, AP lulu, Ezreal and Cait ofc), almost all melee/brusiers/tanks and mages are at least semi viable for TT some exceptions ofc.
MAL
Old 2012-08-30, 02:47   Link #2689
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
2 people picking ADC or AP because they refuse to yield.
Happened several times, and 2ADC is used successfully a few time in tournament (recently in GPL if my mind serves me right), so it's not a big deal to me.

Either way, I mostly played pre-made team match so my leaving at choice is at almost 0%. Aside from d/c.
Old 2012-08-30, 03:06   Link #2690
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Happened several times, and 2ADC is used successfully a few time in tournament (recently in GPL if my mind serves me right), so it's not a big deal to me.

Either way, I mostly played pre-made team match so my leaving at choice is at almost 0%. Aside from d/c.
When they both say they will go bot along with the support and no one goes top?
Old 2012-08-30, 03:32   Link #2691
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
When they both say they will go bot along with the support and no one goes top?
Well obviously they are stubborn idiot if that's the case. I must be surprised by the number of stupid players you met in your game.
Old 2012-08-30, 06:48   Link #2692
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
If you're talking ARAM, I've never had anyone leave, most people respect this custom choice and rarely have people debating whether or not picks were truly random and whatnot.
I played a lot of ARAMs lately and people dodge ALL.THE.TIME. at least in my experience.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-30, 07:13   Link #2693
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
I played a lot of ARAMs lately and people dodge ALL.THE.TIME. at least in my experience.
do you join 30s only ones?, I don't play it that often, but I see dodge about as much as any other mode .
MAL
Old 2012-08-30, 09:51   Link #2694
Kreceir

i have a small question.
How should i build up Leona.
If tried her in Bot matches and i really like her Abilty's.
But my main problem is what kind of items i should get, Should i build her standard support items, or go for tanky items.
Old 2012-08-30, 10:06   Link #2695
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreceir View Post
i have a small question.
How should i build up Leona.
If tried her in Bot matches and i really like her Abilty's.
But my main problem is what kind of items i should get, Should i build her standard support items, or go for tanky items.
Start with boots and 3 pots, get Philosopher's Stone and Heart of Gold asap, convert boots to Mercury Treads. Then tank her up so when she becomes the inevitable target, people are wasting their time on her. Frozen Heart, Banshee's Veil/Force of Nature (really depends on your playstyle), Warmog's, converting Philo into Shurelya's. Last item really depends on who you're up against but doubt you'd ever get a chance to get that itemised.

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2012-08-30 at 10:47.
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-30, 10:51   Link #2696
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Get Philosopher's Stone and Heart of Gold asap on her along with boots (probably mercs) because you won't be getting gold much and you need to finance wards somehow. Then tank her up so when she becomes the inevitable target, people are wasting their time on her. Frozen Heart, Banshee's Veil/Force of Nature (really depends on your playstyle and amount of cc the other team has), Warmog's, converting Philo into Shurelya's. Last item really depends on who you're up against but doubt you'd ever get a chance to get that itemised.
This is a good base. Philo/HoG will help you stay in lane a LOT so you'll get more chances at assists. If you level up eclipse first, you will have no problem in the defense department and it actually deals the most damage out of her QWE skills.

After the gp5, I usually pick up a sheen for the mana and extra burst, then sunfire cape/abyssal scepter or aegis if someone else needs scepter, then finish off Shurelia's/Randuin's and if I got the money (which I usually don't), finish TriForce at the end. CDR is great on Leona due to her CC-heavy kit, with masteries and the above you get 24%, you might want to boost it with an elixir of brilliance if you got spare gold and a global objective coming up soon.

Remember, while her ratios suck, her base damage values are heavy and quad sunlight proc counts a lot - if you somehow became the carry due to general team havoc, go for Mpen rather than AP.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-30, 11:11   Link #2697
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Start with boots and 3 pots, get Philosopher's Stone and Heart of Gold asap, convert boots to Mercury Treads. Then tank her up so when she becomes the inevitable target, people are wasting their time on her. Frozen Heart, Banshee's Veil/Force of Nature (really depends on your playstyle), Warmog's, converting Philo into Shurelya's. Last item really depends on who you're up against but doubt you'd ever get a chance to get that itemised.
No wards in the beginning? Really? That is very very risky. If the opponents realize this (which they will if they're decent) and their jungler gets wind of this, consider your lane camped to hell.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-30, 11:38   Link #2698
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Meh, late and despise all tanky supports with a passion. Faerie Charm, 2 wards, 3 health pots, 2 mana pots then.
Old 2012-08-30, 13:35   Link #2699
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Vision ward, at least one. Any time the enemy see Leona, you can guarantee that there will be 1 ward in the bush. Cut down 1 mana pot.
Old 2012-08-31, 15:28   Link #2700
Kreceir

Even though this is irrelevant but.
I just bought Arcade Sona skin, this may sound a bit grim but.
I like they way she dies... I totally love her Game Over when ever she dies.
It will be hard not to feed.

Tags
league of legends, lol