AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-05-13, 17:24   Link #1041
Sol Falling

You give one area a SAZ, and all the others will want one too, right? If it works out alright for Britannia, I don't see why they wouldn't let it expand to other areas as well, using Japan as a model.

I mean, all this posturing about having to take down the Emperor or him shutting everything down is kinda baseless, isn't it? The Emperor's been shown to not be an especially bigoted or prejudiced guy. If it works, it works, right? Just like Lelouch.

Seriously, Wakamoto's got bigger fish to fry than picking on a couple conquered nations. He's after the gods. If an SAZ is what it takes to settle everything down and move his resources to where he needs them, then why not? Just like Schniezel.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-13, 17:46   Link #1042
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

The fact of the matter is that the idea rejects the idea of Britannia and they wouldn't allow it to succeed even if it worked for them.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-13, 18:18   Link #1043
Eliarine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
These are Suzaku's lines during picture book 23.95:

"I should have spoken to you. I should have told you what I was going to do. That's what I thought...but at that moment, I couldn't bring myself to say it. Maybe that was why, when you said those words, I somehow felt a feeling of salvation."
At the risk of sounding like an idiot, I'm going to have to ask for clarification on this. I have seen two translations so far with these lines referring to what Suzaku had *already* done, and I'm pretty sure that part is conjugated in the past tense. Can anyone enlighten me? :/
Eliarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-13, 18:26   Link #1044
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliarine View Post
At the risk of sounding like an idiot, I'm going to have to ask for clarification on this. I have seen two translations so far with these lines referring to what Suzaku had *already* done, and I'm pretty sure that part is conjugated in the past tense. Can anyone enlighten me? :/
Was that the last DVD video? If so, I'll check it out.
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-13, 18:29   Link #1045
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Yeah it was the last one.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-05-13, 18:52   Link #1046
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliarine View Post
Okay, got it: "I should have told you what I had done."
Old 2008-05-13, 18:54   Link #1047
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

That's what I always had and figured it was. It fits too, since he kept that reserved for so long.

Old 2008-05-13, 19:07   Link #1048
Eliarine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
Okay, got it: "I should have told you what I had done."
Thanks for the confirmation. ;D It does make more sense that way.
Eliarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-13, 19:24   Link #1049
Sol Falling

sorry, was that a confirmation translated from Japanese? In that case, could you also check the second part of my quote where Suzaku says 'I was going to commit patricide'? Because both of those lines indicate that Suzaku seperated from Lelouch before he killed his father. The picture book is a bit confusing because earlier on Suzaku also refers to the patricide as in the past, when he says "I made it so. I couldn't turn back. If I hadn't killed my father on that day, all those people wouldn't have had to die." But I took the two mentions of his plans later on to indicate that it was indeed a premeditated act.
Old 2008-05-13, 19:30   Link #1050
Lowell1025

Quote:
sorry, was that a confirmation translated from Japanese? In that case, could you also check the second part of my quote where Suzaku says 'I was going to commit patricide'? Because both of those lines indicate that Suzaku seperated from Lelouch before he killed his father. The picture book is a bit confusing because earlier on Suzaku also refers to the patricide as in the past, when he says "I made it so. I couldn't turn back. If I hadn't killed my father on that day, all those people wouldn't have had to die." But I took the two mentions of his plans later on to indicate that it was indeed a premeditated act.
Or maybe he is finding an excuse to quelch his guilt, finding justification after the act is committed.

If it was really planned, yuk...........
Lowell1025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-13, 19:32   Link #1051
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
sorry, was that a confirmation translated from Japanese? In that case, could you also check the second part of my quote where Suzaku says 'I was going to commit patricide'?
I don't see the second part of your quote (is there any?), but here's what I remember: It was "that I killed my father."

The whole thing shows only that he killed his father, and has no mention of whether it was premeditated. However, the overall atmosphere leads one to believe that it was not somethng planned.

It seems that the hate for Suzaku has turned some people to think of our poor guy as some murderous, backstabbing evil character.
Old 2008-05-13, 19:43   Link #1052
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I just see him as a rather sad character honestly because of how he is.

Old 2008-05-13, 19:44   Link #1053
Sol Falling

Here's the quote again, important parts in bold:

"I should have spoken to you. I should have told you what I was going to do. That's what I thought...but at that moment, I couldn't bring myself to say it. Maybe that was why, when you said those words, I somehow felt a feeling of salvation."

"Suzaku...Suzaku...I...will destroy Britannia!"

"Then I felt a tinge of sorrow in me. I could not answer your pledge to me. I was going to commit patricide. Perhaps it was the wrong answer. I know. I knew full well. But..."

And no, I don't hate Suzaku, far from it. I'm actually quite a vocal supporter for him, as you might see throughout the earlier parts of this thread.

Lowell1025, I'm a bit surprised. I was thinking you'd been making somewhat enlightened posts in the philosophy and Turn 06 threads but if a mere planned patricide can set off your moral outrage radar than I may have to reconsider that perception.
Old 2008-05-13, 19:45   Link #1054
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I think KSJ answered it with that quote "That I killed my father."

I don't quite get how some people can support him since Taniguchi has been making it clear that he is not really the sort of person you should like.

Old 2008-05-13, 19:48   Link #1055
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
" I was going to commit patricide. Perhaps it was the wrong answer. "
Okay, here's the translation:

"What you (Lelouch) are trying to do is kill your father. It's probably the wrong answer."
Old 2008-05-13, 19:52   Link #1056
Sol Falling

o_O wow, really? That totally changes the meaning of the scene. Heh, I guess gg weren't kidding when they said their season one subs were crap (sorry, is that allowed? mentioning the sub group, I mean. If not, I'll edit this.). Not quite sure what to believe anymore.
Old 2008-05-13, 19:54   Link #1057
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
o_O wow, really? That totally changes the meaning of the scene. Heh, I guess gg weren't kidding when they said their season one subs were crap (sorry, is that allowed? mentioning the sub group, I mean. If not, I'll edit this.). Not quite sure what to believe anymore.
Believe the Korean subbers. Korean is almost completely interchangable with Japanese, which is one reason why we get most of our subs within 24 hours of broadcasting.
Old 2008-05-13, 19:55   Link #1058
Lowell1025

Quote:
Lowell1025, I'm a bit surprised. I was thinking you'd been making somewhat enlightened posts in the philosophy and Turn 06 threads but if a mere planned patricide can set off your moral outrage radar than I may have to reconsider that perception.
Well, a "yuk" can mean many things

but "mere" planned patricide?
Lowell1025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-13, 19:57   Link #1059
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Oh, crap. The gg subs are bad for season 1? I guess this means every scene I ever saw was read wrong, especially the ones involving C.C.. This just makes things worse.

Old 2008-05-13, 19:57   Link #1060
orangejuicetang

Does he literally say that he purposefully tried to make Suzuku unlikable? Or is that the assumption that most people make based on his actions and personality? I mean, in the show there seems to be plenty of people who like him, such as the student government, gino, Nunually, Lelouch used to, Todou seems to be slightly supportive of him or at least truly understands him. Most of the people who really dislike him are usually his enemies anyway in one form or another.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote