Quote:
Originally Posted by ckmox View Post
Spoiler for Coma Person in Hospital REAL GENDER!!!:
Spoiler:
Old 2011-02-08, 13:16   Link #2183
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Virginity was never explicitly mentioned as a requirement for maidenhood. It was implied though by that diver girl way back in episodes 3 or 4, when she disproved of Wako flirting with Takuto on the basis that she is a maiden; on the other hand that could also be because she was betrothed to Sugata, and Takuto was an outsider.

By the way, the rapist line was another trolling attempt from the fansubbers, there is no text in the raw ... quite clever, and very misleading So just ignore it, there is nothing in the last scene to imply that what is about to happen does not have Sugata's consent.

Anyway, now that I got my fix of Keito, my only wish is that they will do something with Sarina, she is one of the cutest yet underdeveloped characters in the show
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 16:28   Link #2184
HandofFate

I'm actually kind of curious if the whole Keiko thing is done nightly or often or not.
I kind of feel that she only has to do it when Sugata uses his King's Pillar to 'recharge him' so he can recover.

Also been wondering what role Wako is suppose to be doing.
Old 2011-02-08, 16:33   Link #2185
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
I'm actually kind of curious if the whole Keiko thing is done nightly or often or not.
I kind of feel that she only has to do it when Sugata uses his King's Pillar to 'recharge him' so he can recover.

I think she does it at night so Sugata won't know that she's doing her maiden duty. Also his guards emphasize that he's asleep now.
Old 2011-02-08, 18:40   Link #2186
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by _gallo_ View Post
one of my favorite part of the show, which I think is also one of the cornerstone themes, is the conflict between desire and duty. Almost everyone of the main characters seem stuck with this inner tension between his/her aspirations and what reality forces him/her to do
nice observation let me rephrase it a little according to my understanding of the series too, one of the main concept of star driver is the conflict between desire and duty, and the mask is a symbol for them to act according to their duty and at the same time the mask is hiding their inner desires of a happy teenage/youth life style
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 18:54   Link #2187
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
I think she does it at night so Sugata won't know that she's doing her maiden duty. Also his guards emphasize that he's asleep now.
I think it's when he uses his first phase. They said he was out cold, and I don't think he'd be that tired every night.

Unless those maids do more than wash his back.
Old 2011-02-08, 20:45   Link #2188
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Spoiler:
got no idea at the moment, but you and Dann of Thursday is right on this one
Old 2011-02-08, 21:03   Link #2189
n120cky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
my only wish is that they will do something with Sarina, she is one of the cutest yet underdeveloped characters in the show
Yeah me too, but I think they save the best for the last .

Judging form here there will be route SugataxKeito , poor wako .
n120cky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 21:44   Link #2190
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by n120cky View Post
Judging form here there will be route SugataxKeito , poor wako .
indeed poor Wako, because Takuto will be with Sarina
Old 2011-02-08, 21:58   Link #2191
Dahak86
Classics never age

poor Wako, 'cause her seal will be broken...
can't wait to see Sugata's face when he'll get to know what keito is doing to him while he sleeps...
Old 2011-02-08, 22:00   Link #2192
n120cky

Quote:
because Takuto will be with Sarina
Didn't see that comming, but IT'S A SAFE .
n120cky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 22:14   Link #2193
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
It seems like her maidenly duties are keeping Zero Time in order, she did do extra purifications after Mizuno had her Groundhog Day problem, and I think I saw speculation somewhere that each maiden's seal was related to zero time in a different way and someone suggested that since Wako's is the final seal, her job is to keep zero time and regular time separate. And, if she's doing purifications to help maintain zero time, that would make a lot of sense.

Spoiler for about mysterious coma person:
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 23:25   Link #2194
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Quote:
watch episode 17 again, Head explained most of the maidens seal functions only Sakana's seal purpose is not mentioned but we speculate it anyway, i summarize it here

wako - seal is something to do with maintaining the presence of zero time
mizuno - seal is something to do with real marked people can only enter the cybodies
keito - seal is something to do with making the cybody and the marked pilot become one being
sakana - seal is something to do with allowing the giant statues to awaken/transform into cybodies
Old 2011-02-09, 00:31   Link #2195
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by _gallo_ View Post
I think you too are missing my point. I don’t hate Star Driver. I think it’s a good series with its own merits, and it’s clearly better than most of anime that came out in the past 12 months or so. At the same time I think there was room for improvement in several departments of the series.

Maybe I used bad wording, but I wasn’t saying that the series has only weak points.

For example one of my favorite part of the show, which I think is also one of the cornerstone themes, is the conflict between desire and duty. Almost everyone of the main characters seem stuck with this inner tension between his/her aspirations and what reality forces him/her to do. Wako wants to abandon the island, but she forces herself to stay. Keito has a more exuberant attitude than the one she shows to others and still she’s rather cold at school. You can say the same clash holds for most of the characters of this show. Also, it looks like that Sam decided to follow his wishes even if this (apparently) has caused a tragedy.

This instance between what you want to do and what you have to do (or what you forces yourself to do) gets magnified once it’s situated in the context of adolescence (and this anime screams adolescence from the core).
This is because adolescence is an age after which you became an adult. Hence you have to take decision about what you want to do about your life. Sometimes you would prefer to follow your aspirations. Sometimes you realize that illusions won’t change into something real and therefore you try to be more pragmatic even if unhappy.

This is why the Crux members wears venetian mask as a symbolic way to say that in the real word part of their personality is neglected. You don’t see the real person but only a part of it. Their true self emerges only in time zero where they don’t suffer from constraints but they’re free to act as they please. Hence the stress on the word “libido” so to express their acting only on pure desirers .
This concept clearly relates to Takuto’s catch phrase which he has said ever since episode 2: “when what you want to do is what you have to do then blablabla”. When desire and duty coincide, a person should experience a feeling of self realization. According to Maslow’s pyramid of human needs, this is the achievement of the highest rank of the need for a person.

As a friend of mine noted, in Japanese culture this concept is well expressed by the 2 words: giri and ninjo. Eventually it seems that a great deal of the Japanese theater is based on the conflict between this two words and as everyone noticed there’s a drama club in the series which has clearly some importance for the show.
No man, I get your points. I think we're actually on the same page. Like I said I enjoy this show so much on a fun level, but I was kind of expecting a bit more on the character side by this point. I still don't feel I know any of them very well as we are closing in on the end.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 01:29   Link #2196
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
sakana - seal is something to do with allowing the giant statues to awaken/transform into cybodies
Eh? But didn't Head use his cybudy to break her Sakana's seal? Wouldn't that be impossible with the seal property you mention above?

As for Wako & Keito, I think Head only mentioned the seals' properties collectively, not which belongs to who. And quite frankly it is somewhat contradicting for Wako to maintain the barrier, while proclaiming that she feels trapped.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 01:33   Link #2197
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttdestroy View Post
So what if the show is a stupid, fun, uninspired, poorly conceived and executed mess, it's entertainment isn't it? And so far I've been entertained pretty good. Besides, plenty of shows worse than this are considered "classics". *Ahem* NGE *Ahem*
Good joke.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 02:47   Link #2198
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

Quote:
indeed poor Wako, because Takuto will be with Sarina
haha nice
SoFarGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 02:48   Link #2199
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Quote:
Eh? But didn't Head use his cybudy to break her Sakana's seal? Wouldn't that be impossible with the seal property you mention above?
Head is a real mark bearer so watch episode 18 when the old scientist of the crux said something like even though your cybodies are out of order you people that have real marks can still use your first phase powers, so Head just uses his first phase power (star sword diamant) if you look at episode 1 again the cybody of Head is just a statue its not yet apprivoise

Quote:
As for Wako & Keito, I think Head only mentioned the seals' properties collectively, not which belongs to who. And quite frankly it is somewhat contradicting for Wako to maintain the barrier, while proclaiming that she feels trapped.
wach episode 1 again, they are gonna break the seal of Wako and that will move them to phase 4 and that green haired cybody pilot mentioned that Wako is the maiden protecting the Zero Time, and also that old scientist of the crux mention when Zero Time first appears that its a prison that catches active cybodies, so their i got the reason that Sakana's seal is for making the giant statues transform/awaken to (or become active) cybody
Old 2011-02-09, 03:03   Link #2200
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009

Interview with Mamoru Miyano & Jun Fukuyama (Of course!)

Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bones, fabulous, shonen