AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-12-06, 17:36   Link #81
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
That being said, it's not like the strawhats are completely helpless against an admiral anymore. The stronger ones can at least now defend themselves and hold their own for a while. At this point of the story and considering how much they've progressed over the time-skip, I'd say that's a reasonable assessment of their power.

^This, pretty much. As I've also said myself, I don't see the monster trio beating an admiral any time soon, but at least now they're strong enough to hold them off for a bit. I do agree that Zoro did pretty well for himself against Isshou this chapter, but he should be careful to not bite more than he can chew when next they meet.....

Also, going back to Big Mom for a bit here, I'm actually kinda starting to agree with those who brought up the possibility of Sanji's group running into the Kid/Apoo/Hawkins Alliance during their adventure. I've already said before that I can see Luffy becoming allies with most of the supernovas, anyway. Maybe we'll see them along with the rest of Law's crew at Zou.....
Old 2013-12-07, 03:50   Link #82
JonSnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
He is not aware. How should he know? The only ones who knew that Momonosuke ate the fruit were Cesar's underlings and they didn't have a chance to tell anyone before he was defeated.

And remember Jora was explicitly looking for a boy and was irritated that there suddenly was a dragon on the ship.

My guess is, that the Samurai that went to Dressrosa with Kinemon and Momonosuke betrayed them and wants to become an underling of Doffy, but only in case he gives him Momonosuke.
I think it's more like Doflamingo found out about Kin'emon and his friend's mission through Kanjuro. I'm sure the samurai won't spill the beans, but he can't stop Violet from reading his mind. That's probably the reason why Doflamingo knows all their names and faces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post

Also, going back to Big Mom for a bit here, I'm actually kinda starting to agree with those who brought up the possibility of Sanji's group running into the Kid/Apoo/Hawkins Alliance during their adventure. I've already said before that I can see Luffy becoming allies with most of the supernovas, anyway. Maybe we'll see them along with the rest of Law's crew at Zou.....
I think it's too soon for the Kid alliance to show up. They were just having a meeting the day before the SH's arrived at Dressrosa. I do want to see the sunny's fire power though, the same cannon they used to destroy a bunch of ships in the movie Z. Plus, I bet Baron Tamago still has the treasure with the bomb on his ship.
Old 2013-12-07, 12:23   Link #83
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Why does Doflamingo want Momosuke again?
Old 2013-12-07, 20:43   Link #84
marvelB

^We don't know yet. But we'll probably find out soon enough, seeing as Luffy's group are on their way to the palace now....
Old 2013-12-08, 23:58   Link #85
Dark_Ritual

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
This is false. Not even Zoro and Sanji can take on the water pressure of the bottom of the ocean 10.000m deep (I am sure this was said at some point). So I don't see how they would have "not been weakened". They'd need the bubble as much as Luffy did.

And before anyone brings it up: The water in the palace was seperated from the ocean so Zoro didn't have that Handicap there.
Sanji can move as fast as a fishman 7,000m deep so why can't he do so in 10,000m?
Old 2013-12-09, 02:02   Link #86
BPD Renegade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
Why does Doflamingo want Momosuke again?
After reading those chapters again, the samurai were already on the run from someone before they ran into Doflamingo. In addition to that, Momo and Kin'emon only reacted once they heard Kaidou's name. Perhaps it isn't that Doflamingo wants Momo, but that he's trying to nab him for Kaidou?

That said, I'd like to know what became of the fourth samurai. At Zou?
Old 2013-12-09, 05:10   Link #87
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Ritual View Post
Sanji can move as fast as a fishman 7,000m deep so why can't he do so in 10,000m?
Wasn't he using a coating bubble? I am not sure what moment you mean.
Old 2013-12-09, 10:38   Link #88
Dark_Ritual

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
Wasn't he using a coating bubble? I am not sure what moment you mean.
Here -
Sanji goes out his bubble to kick the kraken.
Old 2013-12-09, 12:13   Link #89
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
^This, pretty much. As I've also said myself, I don't see the monster trio beating an admiral any time soon, but at least now they're strong enough to hold them off for a bit. I do agree that Zoro did pretty well for himself against Isshou this chapter, but he should be careful to not bite more than he can chew when next they meet.....

if they can't even fight against an admiral at this point in time and only able to "hold them off" I don't see any way the trio can even beat an admiral unless there is another time skip...
i mean... oda just can't boost them in strength for no reason right? That's what I felt happened in the Enies Lobby arc.
Old 2013-12-09, 15:55   Link #90
Veviticus

Felt that way when luffy got his gear 2 and 3 out of nowhere
Old 2013-12-09, 18:59   Link #91
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa1708 View Post
if they can't even fight against an admiral at this point in time and only able to "hold them off" I don't see any way the trio can even beat an admiral unless there is another time skip...
i mean... oda just can't boost them in strength for no reason right? That's what I felt happened in the Enies Lobby arc.

I'm not saying that the trio will never be a match for an admiral (or emperor), but that it's still a bit soon for them to be considered their equal. Remember, this is still relatively early in the Straw-Hats' New World adventures. They're all still pretty much fresh from their training so all that's left to do is to gain experience through their NW adventures.

But it's not like they won't be capable of taking down yonkou or admirals soon, either. That's why the pirate alliances are important. I mean, look at Law's strategy: Sabotage and weaken an emperor's forces, THEN strike. That's a great way to take down the NW's top powers without having to go through another timeskip. Fight with brains, not brawn alone.
Old 2013-12-10, 00:06   Link #92
kyle2468

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielevo View Post
Seriously, this chapter was really great..
Can't wait to see the full chapter..
And btw, we still dont know that big mom is on the ship, maybe that ship just big mom alliance or pekoms group..
And i dont see any relationship beetwen big mom and caesar,, can anyone explain possible theory why big mom want to seize caesar ?
And if franky really destroy the factory already, then the remaining key is caesar and momonosuke..
I thought of something cool if zoro ate the mera mera no mi he would be the flame swordsman and that would kick ass!
Old 2013-12-10, 02:17   Link #93
nicepace
The congueror Of The EAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle2468 View Post
I thought of something cool if zoro ate the mera mera no mi he would be the flame swordsman and that would kick ass!
Nope, I if anything happen in the future I hope Zorro become a real great swordsman, and not relaying in the devil fruit power to develop or getting stronger.
Old 2013-12-10, 03:36   Link #94
Undertaker

I doubt it as well, the intro of Kinemon and the samurai seems to setting Zoro up on learning how to cut flame or, imo, elements in general that would give him tremondous weapon against top logia type in addition to CoA. Getting the Mera Mera just seem redundant.
Old 2013-12-10, 04:52   Link #95
danielevo

Where this week chapter spoiler ???
Old 2013-12-10, 08:44   Link #96
J4n1

Giving Zoro a devils fruit would only weaken him in the long run, and weaken the strwahats in the short run.

As for fighting admirals.
Not sure if the monster trio needs to get stronger to fight an admiral as such.
What they need is skill and experience.
Untill now after time skip hey have just overpowered any opposition through sheer power, now they just need to start using their power with more skill and tactics.
Old 2013-12-10, 08:46   Link #97
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

mavel, open the 731 thread so I can boast at all the morons who argued with me on the obvious matter here, I freakin' deserve an I TOLD YOU SO.

Again.
Old 2013-12-10, 08:51   Link #98
Hiroshi Amearai
Nuclear Fusion

Spoiler for New chapter:
Old 2013-12-10, 09:12   Link #99
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
mavel, open the 731 thread so I can boast at all the morons who argued with me on the obvious matter here, I freakin' deserve an I TOLD YOU SO.

Again.
Please feel free to gloat as much as you please in the new thread.
Closed Thread