AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

Old 2006-03-26, 21:24   Link #1101
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi
O_o;
Spoiler:
If it was the ending for the whole story, then i believe Shana dieing at the end as she was told would have been pretty good - though i'd probably still be crying over it now.
Old 2006-03-26, 21:38   Link #1102
Prodigious
Level 5 Haruhiist

Send a message via AIM to Prodigious Send a message via MSN to Prodigious Send a message via Yahoo to Prodigious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi
O_o;
Spoiler:
How many people do you think were consumed by that black hole of existence? Has everyone forgotten that it's a damn city? As in... LOTS OF PEOPLE IN THE STREETS!
Prodigious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-26, 22:22   Link #1103
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigious
How many people do you think were consumed by that black hole of existence? Has everyone forgotten that it's a damn city? As in... LOTS OF PEOPLE IN THE STREETS!
Well, SnS isn't like Chrno Crusade, I'm afraid. Most animes aren't. They only show the aftermath of what happened with the main characters than the people affected by the climactic battles and all.
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-26, 22:39   Link #1104
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Just can't contain my excietement.... can't contain my sobbing .

An outstanding pace to gently wrap things up for the ending.

I now understand IMO why the staff chose not to kill the Ball Masque, or at least save them maybe for the upcoming movie.

They kept the matches under a small, alloted time on screen to flesh out properly the climatic scenes regarding Yuuji's resolution toward Hecate and both Shana's and Yuuji's tender, holding hands before summoning Tenpa Jyousai.

Had they killed all of the Ball Masque within that short amount of time, we wouldn't appreciate a full-fledged climax, for the pace will had become inevitably rushed and their possible death scenes would had seemed lame.

Anyways, the two scenes that made me on the verge of cry were witnessing attempting to cut down through Hecate's shield over and over while Yuuji made his decision to defect from Hecate in order to keep his memories of Shana, and the other when Shana and Yuuji hold hands then summoned Alastor to the physical world.

I feel slightly bad for Hecate that being empty from the start drove her to insanity and snapped into despair, however, Shudonais' words that she is who she is made a sort of effect on her, then she hugged him like clinging on him for support or safety.
I will also give a positive view for that scene.

I was attracted to Shakugan no Shana because of the name found it appealing without having knowledge what the story stored for me. This was at the start of the fall season, way back to October.

The introductory chaos of episode one immediately hooked me in.

For the character designs I like the moe style for Shana and Kazumi, particularly the color and bright tone for the eyes of the female characters.

In addition, the romantic story for Shana x Yuuji x Kazumi was given enough time to flesh their personalities and grow them up to play their respective roles.
Shana started as a delightful, loli-moe, bratty, spunky girl that followed her Flame Haze duties with verbatim devotion and formal responsibilities.
Kazumi began as a shy, cute, moe, composed girl that barely could chat with Yuuji without feeling embarrased of herself to disclose her feelings.
Yuuji at first was the nice boy who wants to contribute in anything to make others feel better or help in need of people.

They went and traversed through much sentimental and emotional pain, discovering or being told of things that were out of their reach, their comprehension, or strange feelings that were filling them. However, at the end the three characters grew enough to learn about their mistakes, about their feelings toward who is their most precious ones, and for themselves.

Kudos for the soundtrack that heightened the tone and mood of the angst, joy, utter embarrasment, action, and the drama portrayed in every scene for each of the twenty four episodes.

In my opinion, it was an added touch that they inserted the first opening theme, Hishoku Sora, for the credit and epilogue sequence. What I most enjoy in anime is featuring an epilogue that show us what becomes of the characters at the end of the story, and I could be no more grateful than to see Shana and Yuuji resuming their school activities together with the rest of their acquainted classmates.

The last thing that piqued my curiosity was that at school Kazumi addressed Shana for her real name, not by Hirai Yukari's.

Anyways, Shakugan no Shana was awesome and beautifully dramatized from the novels. I will be looking forward to the movie.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-27, 02:52   Link #1105
Simon
気持ち悪い

Quote:
Originally Posted by LytHka
I'm not really buying the DVDs for extras, but let's hope that there's going to be BOX II with vol.6 or vol.5 and some Shakugan no Shanatan to go along with all that too. ^^
According to the DVD release schedule there'll be another bonus DVD with V5 and a second box with V6. It would have been nice if the boxes had space for the bonus DVDs as well, but such is life...
Old 2006-03-27, 04:56   Link #1106
stonedzombie
またね

Send a message via AIM to stonedzombie
hmm.....even though this probably takes away every part of my masculinity, i will say it......THEY SHOULD HAVE KISSED!!!.......

And does anyone else agree with me that this show REALLY doesn't seem over? I mean, yea I know there is a movie comming but still.....this seems like only chapter 1, as many things weren't resolved...I mean, Yuji still hasn't decided who he loves yet!
Old 2006-03-27, 05:56   Link #1107
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonedzombie
And does anyone else agree with me that this show REALLY doesn't seem over? I mean, yea I know there is a movie comming but still.....this seems like only chapter 1, as many things weren't resolved...I mean, Yuji still hasn't decided who he loves yet!
Since Hecate's heart was filled up with images of Shana and only Shana, I think that there isn't any room to doubt whom Yuji loves. It is possible that Yuji doesn't understand his feelings fully, but after the time he spent with Hecate it is doubtful that he could waver too much...

As for this seeming only like chapter 1, I think it is more like chapters 1-3. Though that isn't surprising since it is an adaptation of just the first few books, and the light novels go on well past this point. So it really is just the first few chapters of the whole story.

(Though answering both of these questions in this way is weird since as I understand it, Yuji's experience with Hecate does not take place in the light novels...)

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-27, 06:03   Link #1108
stonedzombie
またね

Send a message via AIM to stonedzombie
still......a movie followed by a second season would be awesome.....as now since this is over and black cat is almost done, all i have left to watch now is bleach!

btw....is the manga over?.....cause like, I would read it to see what happens but, as you said, the anime has diverted from the manga.....

Last edited by stonedzombie; 2006-03-27 at 06:31.
stonedzombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-27, 07:20   Link #1109
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonedzombie
btw....is the manga over?.....cause like, I would read it to see what happens but, as you said, the anime has diverted from the manga.....
From what i know the novel carries on, how much longer.. i'm not to sure.
Old 2006-03-27, 07:40   Link #1110
LytHka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon
According to the DVD release schedule there'll be another bonus DVD with V5 and a second box with V6. It would have been nice if the boxes had space for the bonus DVDs as well, but such is life...
Great news! Exactly what could be preditced from the first box' releases.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
I feel slightly bad for Hecate that being empty from the start drove her to insanity and snapped into despair, however, Shudonais' words that she is who she is made a sort of effect on her, then she hugged him like clinging on him for support or safety.
Let's just say that Yuuji knows how to insult. And he is really good at it. Pokes right in the soft spot.
LytHka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-27, 07:59   Link #1111
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Yeah, Poor Hecate. And here I thought Yuji was a good guy. Stupid torch. I hope you die
Old 2006-03-27, 08:24   Link #1112
Bahamut
...lost in nothingness...

...Yuji is pimpin' haha...
Bahamut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-27, 17:24   Link #1113
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by fithoslusec
I´m playing the game now and the last part is placed between the festival and the balle masque ark, but mainly, it tells the story again. The only new character is the final boss, that new tomogara girl with the horns.
Mind telling me how on earth you're supposed to do any damage then? I get all the other buttons (movement, restoring Existence Power, and End Turn) but actually doing any damage seems both rare and really random. I still can't beat Mea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon
Woo, maybe more Shana-tan!
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-27, 17:41   Link #1114
Seyluun

There should be worldwide, tsunami-like petitions for 52 ep of Shana-tan.
Seyluun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-27, 17:47   Link #1115
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seyluun
There should be worldwide, tsunami-like petitions for 52 ep of Shana-tan.
Forget the idea of 52 episodes, it'll just never end!
Old 2006-03-27, 18:30   Link #1116
Bahamut
...lost in nothingness...

...include a Wilhelmina-tan in it and the possibilities are endless...
Bahamut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-27, 19:28   Link #1117
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

Again...i am one week behind the anime world. Just finished the last ep of Shakugan no Shana. My first impression was it looked OK, and i have a little free time so i picked it up. I never thought it would be so good to the point I had to watch it before anything else. The ending was fine, very sweet with Shana finally saying those three little words that are oh so important. But i can't help but "hate" the ending. No, not because it wasn't good, but because just too many things were unresolved.

First, who is the silver tomorgara(sp) that Margery is hunting
Second, what was the point of the corpse retriever
Third, what is going to finish the bel masquerade
Fourth(not really needed but would very much like to see) a history of the old Enpatsu Shakugan no Uchite

Now i'm not looking for spoilers so please don't answer these questions. there are more of what i wanna see resolved in either a second season *prays and crosses fingers* or in the movie. i really don't think the movie will have enough time but I'll just have to wait and see
SeedFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-27, 21:17   Link #1118
gogogoh
"GO GO GO"

Send a message via AIM to gogogoh
YYYeeesss I have finaly got to watch and continue Shakugan no SHANA. Sorry I am so a loser.
gogogoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-28, 02:11   Link #1119
3dshocker

hi guys, I recently got into Shakugan no Shana series but I want to read the originals that it was based on. I've run alotta searches over the net, but can't seem to find the novels. I also ran a search here but it seems "novel" is a common word or something. For those here who have read the novel, where did you find it?
3dshocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-28, 02:17   Link #1120
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
www.kinokuniya.com

Click on the set of branches nearest you (it doesn't necessarily have to be nearby, you could probably order from branch across the country, I order mine from California sometimes when they don't have any in stock at Seattle), and type Shakugan no Shana using Japanese characters into the search field at the top with it set to "Japanese books." I made a much more detailed post about this some ways back in this thread I believe.

Tags
action, adventure, comedy, drama, j.c. staff, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsundere