AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-03-24, 22:14   Link #21
wao
OK.

How well Toei works depends on the director as well. It's he who organises how the show will look like and make the best out of what might be an otherwise mediocre studio - and don't look down on Toei all the time, they can do some good stuff if they want to (some eps of Gaiking were very well animated).

Furthermore in Bakeneko it appears to me that they're likely to get their better animators because we've got one of the more widely respected animators, Takashi Hashimoto, doing the (unprecedented) work of character design... So he'd be a major factor in attracting good talent to the show, which is why the last episode had such great animation.

Of course, the concerns might be more valid spread over a 12 episode series since the director would presumably have less tight control. But I have faith that they'll manage to rope in good non-Toei animators or something, and that the visual team will work hard to make this something different. I felt that Bakeneko already showed an encouraging direction in which they were putting their efforts.

But well, this is just me postulating, it's not like I really know what goes on Toei is a little funny anyway, after all they've been around for so mindbogglingly long that they do do things a bit differently.
Old 2007-03-25, 00:10   Link #22
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

This is indeed great news a sequel to Ayakashi that to the poster has my fave arc Bakenko Arc . Its indeed the best news I have heard in a while . DumB Q : The eye does it have significance in Japanese myth and culture . I have seen this eye before in 100 Stories . Mataichi used to carry a shaft with that same eye .

Old 2007-03-26, 14:41   Link #23
runpsicat
Engrishator
*Fansubber

As a fan of Kyougoku Natsuhiko's Hundred Stories novels (and the animated version of course) and of the third arc of Ayakashi, I am overjoyed!
Old 2007-03-26, 15:05   Link #24
mangafanatic

Awww. . . I was hoping for another Honey-and-Clover-esque romantic comedy. Oh well, I'll give this a chance, though I'm not a huge fan of the genre.
mangafanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-30, 00:14   Link #25
Dernhelm
High on Jin

romantic comedy in a suspense thriller....? o.O

"Bass has mysterious powers over women folk." - Bono, U2

Shunsuke Nakamura makes goalkeepers FLY and land HARD.
Dernhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-30, 02:33   Link #26
Ama no Kagaseo
Your local dark deity.

Send a message via MSN to Ama no Kagaseo Send a message via Yahoo to Ama no Kagaseo
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this post was a little weird. O-o; Maybe it was a reference to the lack of such a series in the line up so far this year?

Anyway. I too am rather interested in this eye. I do believe it also made an appearance somewhere in Pokemon, but I'm not certain. At first I thought it was just something the Japanese imported from Egypt, but I'm not certain anymore.
Ama no Kagaseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-30, 06:48   Link #27
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I'm pretty sure I will love this series. I've watched the third arc of Ayakashi seven times already.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-30, 11:00   Link #28
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangafanatic View Post
Awww. . . I was hoping for another Honey-and-Clover-esque romantic comedy. Oh well, I'll give this a chance, though I'm not a huge fan of the genre.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dernhelm View Post
romantic comedy in a suspense thriller....? o.O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ama no Kagaseo View Post
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this post was a little weird. O-o; Maybe it was a reference to the lack of such a series in the line up so far this year?
I'll explain, since mangafanatic's comments seem strange to some. This is a Noitamina anime. Honey and Clove was also a Noitamina anime. Every time that a Noitamina ends, there is a certain amount of speculation about what the next one will be. It is not surprising that some people hope for a return to Noitamina doing romantic comedy.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-30, 18:00   Link #29
mangafanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ama no Kagaseo View Post

Anyway. I too am rather interested in this eye. I do believe it also made an appearance somewhere in Pokemon, but I'm not certain. At first I thought it was just something the Japanese imported from Egypt, but I'm not certain anymore.
Oww, yes. I apologize for my ambiguity. I meant that I was hoping this block [Noitamina] would be filled by another romantic comedy.
mangafanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-10, 10:26   Link #30
Kouvley

Wow, I should check the unaired forum more often!

Bakeneko was easily my favourite arc so this news makes me very happy indeed!
Kouvley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-30, 17:00   Link #31
Snoop'

It just came to my attention that the first episode will be aired on Animax on June 19th (yes, that's in less than 3 weeks !!), so I thought I would update the thread.
(source : http://www.animax.co.jp/feature/index.php?code=243051 )

Aaah, I hope some of the usual groups will post the raw.
Snoop' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-30, 20:32   Link #32
wao
OK.

! You're right! Even with current shows, they'll be reaching their 12th/13th episode around that time. Oh snap. I'm running out of time but I must watch Mononoke...

Thanks for the heads-up. I bet you someone will sub this though.
Old 2007-05-30, 20:49   Link #33
runpsicat
Engrishator
*Fansubber

I'm not sure if that's when Mononoke starts, as the program aired on 6/19 is titled Ayakashi (ref - http://www.animax.co.jp/program/week...2&time_zone=24). Judging from the previous weeks' airing schedule, it looks like they're just reairing Ayakashi before Mononoke starts in July. Nice sleuthing there though, Snoop` .
Old 2007-05-30, 22:00   Link #34
Monkey D. Luffy

This is going to be great hopefuly, and now it's not to far away.
Monkey D. Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-31, 18:12   Link #35
Snoop'

Quote:
Originally Posted by runpsicat View Post
I'm not sure if that's when Mononoke starts, as the program aired on 6/19 is titled Ayakashi
What the...!
I spotted Bakeneko and the medicine-seller on the main page, so I thought it was it !
Oh snap.
Sorry for the useless bumping, I should have read more carefully...

Until July, then !
Old 2007-05-31, 21:23   Link #36
wao
OK.

Aaargh! That picture is so cute! TOO CUTE! Where did you get it from?
Old 2007-06-01, 02:44   Link #37
Snoop'

I found it on 猫メガバイト, a charming and hilarious little fansite dedicated to Gankutsuou and Bakeneko. (browse through the お絵描き掲示板 section and you'll eventually find the pic)

Last edited by Snoop'; 2007-06-01 at 06:47.
Old 2007-06-01, 16:25   Link #38
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoop' View Post
Until July, then !
OMG SQUISH!! That is so kawaii!! Well sucks that Ayakashi is showing in June but July aint that far away!!
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 01:29   Link #39
runpsicat
Engrishator
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoop' View Post
I found it on 猫メガバイト, a charming and hilarious little fansite dedicated to Gankutsuou and Bakeneko. (browse through the お絵描き掲示板 section and you'll eventually find the pic)
Oh god... the "3 Travelers" manga is so hilarious -> http://petat.com/users/nekomega-b/zoku.html

Last edited by runpsicat; 2007-06-02 at 01:42.
runpsicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 01:34   Link #40
Iwanihana

In case anyone may be interested, I have opened a blog dedicated to Mononoke here ...
Iwanihana is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
noitamina, supernatural