AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-03-30, 16:37   Link #3121
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

I think that onytail suits her better. Like Nanoha's. The twintails were kind of odd back in StrikerS. Hayate never had that problem but I never liked her hat.
Old 2013-03-30, 16:39   Link #3122
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
hayate never had that problem but i never liked her hat.
You HERETIC!

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Old 2013-03-30, 16:40   Link #3123
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

I likeher hat i was kind of sad when they removed it in FORCE. So yeah, another thing i don't like of that season -_-

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Old 2013-03-30, 16:41   Link #3124
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
I likeher hat i was kind of sad when they removed it in FORCE. So yeah, another thing i don't like of that season -_-
Would you have liked it if Rein Zwei was wearing the hat instead?

Old 2013-03-30, 16:43   Link #3125
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Hayate's hat is really stupid. Even Vita's is more likeable and she was the one who almost comit murder because of it.
Old 2013-03-30, 16:46   Link #3126
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Maybe it's because i like hats in general xD? I like the distinct touch of personality they give to a character. Shamal's hat also look very cute on her and enhaces her Priestess look xD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
Would you have liked it if Rein Zwei was wearing the hat instead?
Mhhh... i dont know, i think hats look better on short haired girls like Hayate and Shamal. Vita get a free pass for having her hair brided xD

~The ASFB~
Old 2013-03-30, 17:13   Link #3127
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Where does it say that?

Besides, Keroko, that's not completely true that they're made out of energy.

As Aki pointed out, the Wolkenritter didn't have any sort of clothing at all until Hayate designed it for them.

There's also the AMF that was used in StrikerS. Remember how Wendi, Otto and Deed took out those members of the Bureau? They were still in their Bureau Barrier Jackets, not in civilian clothing and there were gadgets around.
StrikerS manga chapter 2, page 11.

"Our Barrier Jackets and Rein's Knight Armor are made from both field and barrier defenses." ~Nanoha

And yes, Hayate designed the knight's armor. By thinking up the design. That's it. Shamal even said "We'll create it with our own magic, if you imagine what it looks like it'll be fine."

And TSAB mages outside the bureau weren't in Barrier Jackets, they were in uniform.
Old 2013-03-30, 17:22   Link #3128
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Hmm...

Keroko, does it say in the manga if AMF would destabilize a Barrier Jacket at all?

Old 2013-03-30, 17:23   Link #3129
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I've always been under the impression that barrier jackets and the like were magical creations, and as such, they'd need mana to be created, but mana was unneeded to maintain them after their manifestation.
Old 2013-03-30, 17:25   Link #3130
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Even if they are magical creations they are still, in a sense, mana or energy on this case. Is like Nanoha’s or Hayate’s wings when they fly. They might look like wings and even leave feathers behind or cool effects but there are made of energy.
Old 2013-03-30, 17:27   Link #3131
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Not necessarily. We know it's possible to create physical objects with magic, such as Vita's Schwalbefliegen.
Old 2013-03-30, 17:27   Link #3132
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Hmm...

Keroko, does it say in the manga if AMF would destabilize a Barrier Jacket at all?
Nothing specifically. Though they do say "flying and basic defense magic will also be dispelled" they immediately follow that up with "you can get around it, but you need a lot of skill."

In other words, like all magic, if you're trained for anti-AMF tactics, you'll be fine. If you're not, sucks to be you.
Old 2013-03-30, 17:33   Link #3133
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Didn't they also say that Signum and Vita would be okay because, even though their devices are magical, once you took the magic away, they were still physical weapons that could cut and bash?

Old 2013-03-30, 17:35   Link #3134
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Not necessarily. We know it's possible to create physical objects with magic, such as Vita's Schwalbefliegen.
Indeed but those we never seem as being manipulate any further, like being repair or something. Barrier Jackets are reconstruct and damage by magic. So is room for interpretation there, that is why I went with the energy idea despite not reading that manga Keroko mentions.

Then again I always find odd how AMF tech works and how you can "train" to fight under such thing.
Old 2013-03-30, 17:38   Link #3135
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansker View Post
Then again I always find odd how AMF tech works and how you can "train" to fight under such thing.
That's because AMF usually only dampens magic, or more specifically, makes hard to link mana withing it's range. Powerfull or well trained enough mages can lear how to focus their mana mroe efficiently so they can fight the effect of the AMF.

Eclipse on the other hand ouright cut the bonds of magic effectively nullyfing spells altogheter xDU

~The ASFB~
Old 2013-03-30, 17:44   Link #3136
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Yes but that is easy fix by just having a bigger AMF so why not make them bigger? Is not like they tell us is hard, they just go with it.
Old 2013-03-30, 17:47   Link #3137
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Didn't they also say that Signum and Vita would be okay because, even though their devices are magical, once you took the magic away, they were still physical weapons that could cut and bash?
They specified that in the booklets. Belka magic has it easier with AMF because their magic relies less on complex structures, more "stuff raw mana into weapon, hit things" to brutalize the description.

Remember that AMF doesn't make magic disappear, it merely deconstructs the spells.

Quote:
Yes but that is easy fix by just having a bigger AMF so why not make them bigger? Is not like they tell us is hard, they just go with it.
They didn't tell us, they showed us. The more powerful the AMF, the bigger the drone was.
Old 2013-03-30, 17:48   Link #3138
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Apparently there is a limit about how "big" AMF can be produced by Gadget Drones, the Craddle activated an obliterating AMF as an utmost emergency function which mean probably a lot of effort and a powerfull AMF-generator is required to pull out such a task. Another point in favor of Eclipse over AMF, Eclipse is set to be ultra-effective all the time and withing a human-sized vessel instead of a giant warship.

~The ASFB~
Old 2013-03-30, 17:51   Link #3139
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Eclipse is also limited to just what the person can hit, an AMF is an AoE field.

Old 2013-03-30, 17:54   Link #3140
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Eclipse is also limited to just what the person can hit, an AMF is an AoE field.
Yup, it's a mixed bag.

Eclipse sacrifices range for utmost effectiveness. AMF is mostly a nuisance but it can be a vastly spreaded one if played well.

~The ASFB~
Closed Thread