AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-03-10, 02:36   Link #2141
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Im at the Samara part on hardcore, was fun........../cutsselfagain ...fun.
Old 2012-03-10, 02:37   Link #2142
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Banshees are a joke if you're a vanguard. Just abuse biotic charge immunity and barrier regen and they fall quickly. Brutes are easy too--just shoot them from a distance, when they start their charge, you use your charge and you take no damage and get all your shields back, then use Nova for some damage, charge again and rinse and repeat.

I can see both these enemies being a problem for classes that need to rely on cover more though.

The damn ravagers were my bane. They do way too much damage per shot so you are pretty much forced into cover, eliminating the vanguard extreme mobility advantage. Same with sentry turrets and Cerberus Nemesis snipers.
Old 2012-03-10, 02:38   Link #2143
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
You're around the midpoint. The game is longer than ME1 with its DLC and longer than ME2 without its DLC (though ME2 with all the DLC is longer by a bit).

When I beat the game I was at the 27 hour mark. Granted, I could probably finish it a lot faster but I played through blind, no guides or walkthroughs, so I had a lot of time spent bumbling around the Citadel looking for quest turnins.
Hahaha, me too. Trick to finding quest people is using your map. When you have a new mission available or you need to turn one in, you can hit the map and the person's name/designation should pop up in blue in one of the map areas, indicated by the number on the map legend.

I spent way too much time fumbling around the Galaxy Map, running from Reapers and thinking I had resources I missed when it seems that some areas didn't have any at all... >_<
Old 2012-03-10, 02:38   Link #2144
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Banshees are a joke if you're a vanguard. Just abuse biotic charge immunity and barrier regen and they fall quickly. Brutes are easy too--just shoot them from a distance, when they start their charge, you use your charge and you take no damage and get all your shields back, then use Nova for some damage, charge again and rinse and repeat.

I can see both these enemies being a problem for classes that need to rely on cover more though.

The damn ravagers were my bane. They do way too much damage per shot so you are pretty much forced into cover, eliminating the vanguard extreme mobility advantage. Same with sentry turrets and Cerberus Nemesis snipers.
/snickersatthattheiraproblemeventhoyou'reonnormal.

Old 2012-03-10, 02:45   Link #2145
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

I personally prefer either Adept or Sentinel, so you can see why Banshees annoy me. They walk right up to you, scream, knock you out of cover, then you get raped by the Ravager that had been easy to pick off with biotic combos until then.

Biotic combos were the only reason I was able to survive that final rush from the Brutes. Up until then, I was like "yeah yeah, bring it on," then the Brutes rushed and I just said "ah shit".

That, and the battle with the Reaper, where all you have is the laser designator. And no cover. I don't even know how many times I died. It was bullcrap. I totally rolled out of the way of the beam, but half the time it killed me anyway. I was *this* close to throwing down my controller in frustration.
Old 2012-03-10, 02:49   Link #2146
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

The laser designator thing was frustrating. I died several times before I realized I needed to RUN, not try to roll. Once I figured that out it was a snap.
Old 2012-03-10, 02:52   Link #2147
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
The laser designator thing was frustrating. I died several times before I realized I needed to RUN, not try to roll. Once I figured that out it was a snap.
Bet you didnt know that if you aim just bellow the red eye, it goes much faster. (For.. SOME reason....)
Old 2012-03-10, 03:11   Link #2148
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Bet you didnt know that if you aim just bellow the red eye, it goes much faster. (For.. SOME reason....)
Really? Well now I feel stupid. I always aimed directly at the eye... you know, like the game implied you were supposed to.

I could have tried running around, but I preferred to be able to SEE the Reaper firing at me. If you want my opinion, they should have just made the entire fight an interactive cinematic or something.
Old 2012-03-10, 03:30   Link #2149
Who

Another option is to trick the Reaper into thinking you're going one direction and as the laser begins to make its way to you, run in the opposite.

Last edited by Who; 2012-03-10 at 03:43.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-10, 11:46   Link #2150
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Just wondering, does Reave in this game also restore your own health, or does it just increase your damage resistance?

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-10, 12:55   Link #2151
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Spoiler for ending and major spoilers:
Spoiler for spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Just wondering, does Reave in this game also restore your own health, or does it just increase your damage resistance?
Just damage resistance.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-10, 16:19   Link #2152
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Spoiler for spoiler:

Just damage resistance.
Spoiler for Ending spoilers:

Anyone see Conrad yet? ;_;
Old 2012-03-10, 16:47   Link #2153
Who

I would think the Normandy has some food supplies tailored for turians and quarians for a while. Tali would also probably have some knowledge in how food is created, since the Migrant Fleet has been self-sufficient for the past three centuries.

And I saw Conrad... he's as useful as ever. And he gets a happy ending... well moreso than Shepard (which isn't hard to do, as long as you're not the Normandy crew). :/
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-10, 19:38   Link #2154
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

So who's shipping for IDA x Joker ?
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-11, 00:29   Link #2155
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
So who's shipping for IDA x Joker ?
It's EDI actually, and yes I totally set the two up, laughing the whole time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Spoiler for spoiler:
Spoiler for ending:
Old 2012-03-11, 01:59   Link #2156
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
And finally I have reached this point. The game was longer than I expected which was nice.
Spoiler for Ending:

Personally those damn Banshees drove me nuts. I could handle the Brutes and Ravagers weren't too bad either. But those damn Banshees...teleporting all over the place and instant kill if they get too close. Swear I was just running away most of the times they showed up.
Old 2012-03-11, 02:03   Link #2157
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
And finally I have reached this point. The game was longer than I expected which was nice.
Spoiler for Ending:

Personally those damn Banshees drove me nuts. I could handle the Brutes and Ravagers weren't too bad either. But those damn Banshees...teleporting all over the place and instant kill if they get too close. Swear I was just running away most of the times they showed up.
Spoiler for ending:

Banshees were rough, but it was the sniper types that got me, since they forced me into cover and that really makes life hard for Vanguards.
Old 2012-03-11, 02:07   Link #2158
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Spoiler for ending:

Banshees were rough, but it was the sniper types that got me, since they forced me into cover and that really makes life hard for Vanguards.
Spoiler for Ending:
Old 2012-03-11, 02:18   Link #2159
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

I find it amusing how they managed to cock everything up with a staggering number of inconsistencies, but at the same time got some small details that seemed very thoughtful:

Spoiler for ending:
Old 2012-03-11, 02:25   Link #2160
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
I find it amusing how they managed to cock everything up with a staggering number of inconsistencies, but at the same time got some small details that seemed very thoughtful:

Spoiler for ending:
Spoiler for Ending:

Tags
effect, games, mass